Miners report in!

Any miners here?
I'm about to buy sixteen RTX 2070 8gb. Was wondering if it is a good move. I have free electricity and also GPU's will be bought by non-refundable government subside. so its kind of cost free? they give around 40 MH/s, but its just beginning

Was wondering if not to wait for the new AMD 670/680 but their premiere is not specified yet (have to spend money till EOY)
Any1 upgrading their rigs? any thoughts?

Attached: geforce-rtx-2070-social-2048x1024.jpg (2048x1024, 424K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=7.25&HashingUnit=TH/s&PowerConsumption=1200&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The RTX is not worth the cost, they added native raytracing ability which does not impact mining in any way whatsoever, for a higher price tag

>Was wondering if it is a good move
No, it isn't. RTX cards add zero value to miners. Also, >mining ETH in 2018. You're up against a network owned by ASICs at this point when it comes to ETH. Seriousl lurk moar before you blow $6k on 12 GPUs you don't even know what you're doing with.

This, you're better off buying used 1070s for much cheaper.

Nah.

Do the math user, you'd make ~300USD/month assuming free electricity. The good news is 2070s will be easily sellable 1 year from now. AMD cards are much harder to sell.

As i said: i dont put my own money on the table. its a government money that i dont have to give back. so i dont give a fuck.
raytracing doesn't improve mining, but maybe the future for the gaming right? right now there are not many games for RTX but it doesn't mean it wont get traction. so as said they will be easily re-sellable. or evem might get additional value?
at some point the old 1070 (new gtx 1070 cost >500$, new 2070 costs >550) will start to lose value and if raytracing get popular noone will buy them (especially rx 670/680 might be better for mining).

I didn't say i will be mining ETH only, on one of my rigs i've mined RVN coin and look what happend.. but still 8x40MH/s=0.6-0.8 ETH/month, and let's say ETH goes around 400-500$ or even back to 1k$ somewhere around 2019/2020. as i said: i dont pay for the electricity.

>falling for the mining meme
Oh sweet summer child.
You’re gonna have to learn lessons the hard way.

Obelisk bagholder checking in.

Unless you have unique circumstances, don't try to mine.

LOL
yeah of course. did i say im going to buy a over-priced garage heater? no.
Also yeah.. mined over 1 mln NIMiq, for each 0,001$ i get around 1k$. MEMEd HARD.

buying miner for Siacoin ultra shit coin..
dear god..

I have an i7 5930k OC'd to 4.5Ghz and two GTX Titan X GPUs in SLI, is that worth a fuck at all for mining?

>NIM
So you're waiting for the GPU miner to be released?

no, ive already mined 1 mln, and now im just accumulating via buying (i have 4x7970 radeon HD giving around 50$ month)

At what price levels are you going in nimbro? 25 sats seems like new support. Botnet miners are constantly dumping but the GPU miner should remedy that.

Ive mined for free, on various free trial VPS'es and my company hardware (servers, etc)
Aiming for 0,2-0,3$ somewhere around 2019/2020..

>non-refundable government subside
Academia... kek

academia in 2018 is nigger tier

this man is your fren. also with the current over all slump, you could put the cash into coins and come out ahead. (you mentioned a gov subsidy and free electric, im not sure how that works out for, if so let me know so i can jump in cause that is a bit ridiculous).

consider the following.
16 rtx2070 @$550 = 8,800
For 8800 you could buy and already own vs mining the following...
(all rounded)
1.3 BTC
44+ ETH
20K XRP
40K stellar
880,000,000,000 of single satoshi projects (TRTL for example).

Now imagine it is 6 months from now. you finally got your rigs built and they have been hashing away, with 16 cards, after 6 months, you have 8.5 ETH. Lets say price moons any time in the next 6 months, would you rather have 44 ETH to start with or be working on that 8 ETH?

i cant spend this money on crypto. its subside for people willing to open their first company. I have to spend it on equipment named in application form: IT hardware (ive opened small IT company business). ive said in application that im going to use hardware for computing tasks.

one final thought, if it is completely free and you can do it, why wouldnt you?

If it is a way to put fiat in i would recommend. but after rereading i am not so sure that is possible

cross posted. i see it. GL user, i would and i would look at as part as a benefit. if you have info on the subside share deets

Irony being the amd cards have been better this generation at the mid range.

and after one year i can shut down the company (if i want to but working on B2B is better in my eastern slavic shithole) and sell the equipment. so thats why rtx 2070 is better cos they will hold value, and eventually i can sell them for 6-7k$ after mining with them for over a year. im pretty sure about my plan yet i was just wondering about rx 670/680, hoped we have some real GPU miners that could share their strategy for hardware upgrades, and i am sure that people are upgrading as tons of used GPUS showed on the market for decent money.

Its a polish thing.. from labor office ; )

As someone running 20+ cards and multiple ASICs, I would recommend buying crypto outright, but mining isn't all bad and you will probably hit ROI within a year. I personally find it enjoyable, but it's not for everyone.

Just don't buy those RTX cards or you'll be making a horrible decision right out the gate. Best bang for your buck right now is Vega 56/64 cards to mine CN algos. Next best thing would be used RX 580s for

Attached: orku9i518x611.jpg (1080x1440, 262K)

im from polish shit-hole so there is no fuckin craigslist..
desu i've felt in love with mining, kind of like setting up algos, tweaking and so on.. made me finally go for some IT knowledge as i couldnt force myself for coding classes etc.
As i said: buying RTX (110-120W) because will sell them year-two from now one and probably buy 670/680. any opinion on those? are u experienced in marked to say when can we get them?

Why is the government giving you ~8k for free? What country is this, free electricity?

Speaking of all that, so where the fuck is this fabled GPU miner? I heard the guy was going to open-source it, but where would I even go to keep up with that kind of news? Guessing they don’t allow that shit in the discord right?

You must have some equivalent P2P marketplace/listings website. Hell even eBay isn't bad.

Buying new cards is 100% brainlet tier right now though. Most of the cards for sale secondhand were barely mined on for 6 months because they we're bought by overextended miners at the peak of the 2017/18 boom. If you want to buy the best balance between mining/resale your current best bet is 1080 Ti or Vegas. People will still be buying them used in 2 years because the RTX series is pointless for the average gamer.

In regards to hypothetical 670/680 I don't expect them anytime in the next year if at all. AMD has an Ellesmere 590 in the works for sometime soon, but then I believe they will jump straight to next-gen Vega for their next major release.

Poland. Labor office. Our country is corrupted and sensless to the ground.
Free elec because we rent office in a industry zone and elec is included in the rent.

But why r u assuming that rtx'es wontwill be good in the future? There is not a single game using ray tracing. Its like btc adoption..
And i can see n polish groups people selling old rigs, with invoices having month or two of warranty what shows they were used for at least 1-2 years.

Thanks

I'm not saying the RTX won't be good/desirable in future, just that they are ahead of the game and not really good for mining generally. There aren't even any games taking advantage of it currently and probably won't be a common feature for a few more years.

The core/memory specs are basically the same as a 1080 Ti, the only thing they have done is add ray tracing cores which is for gaming specifically. Current mining programs don't even take advantage of the GDDR6. You can get 55+ mh from a 1080 Ti vs the 40 mh from a comparably priced 2070.

Have sort of old hardware (amd 380). Theres dirt cheap 570s and 480s from mining. Should I buy or can I just mine the shit out of this old card. Electricity cheap

Didn't check your cards, but unless your electricity is for free you'll make a profit, check out: cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=7.25&HashingUnit=TH/s&PowerConsumption=1200&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1
Maybe some other anons know more shit

If 4gb they will run out of DAG memory so u will only mine shitcoins..