What did my textbook mean by this?

What did my textbook mean by this?

Attached: C2FFDA74-EFAB-4195-8B41-3F677CB91ADB.jpg (2048x1791, 775K)

It means turn off CNBC

Always do the opposite of what Jow Forums says.

Attached: 1459273505881.png (630x720, 545K)

>quacks
>quack quack
>get your ducks in a row
>major price movement in ChainLink

what was the page number? 77?

>academic cope

Pretty easy to understand, it means you should buy more crypto for the sole purpose of getting anally raped! You too can enjoy big fat red dildos up your ass forever by buying crypto!

Man, I love getting financially raped by crypto! It's such a good time, I think I'll buy some more! Only a few more losses till I'm homeless! Fuck yeah, I hope I get raped some more!

Past performance does not guarantee future returns.

Confirmation bias and anchoring.

Its saying that everyone knows fuckall about stocks, just throw all your savings in and pray.

can't time the market

It means TA is fucking useless.

Attached: 1507218381962.jpg (872x960, 87K)

lrn2read

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (620x387, 51K)

>brainlet

Attached: 1514295469003.png (600x600, 303K)

it means you should never trust an academic

green id

idiot

Vote red

there are academics that think it's impossible for an individual to legally make money in the stock market by analyzing individual stocks. it's based on the theory of efficient markets. these are people who have spent their entire lives inside of an academic bubble and who have never traded anything with their own money and never will.

It says why in the second paragraph.

They meant they're writing textbooks because they don't know how to make money in the market.

For example if there was some algorithm or strategy to predict market by technical analysis, eventually every investor would use it and that would make it useless.

It means the only way to profit in any market is to know something the market isn't fully aware of yet. The market is efficient but it is not omniscient and the fucking morons who can't distinguish this are doomed to fail. You need to spot something before retail investors to profit.

>t. invested in lithium mining in 2013, marijuana in 2015, and crypto in 2016

crypto for me was highly predictable. it's not predictable for NPC's, so 99% of the public, but for me it def is. idk about stocks but why shouldnt it?

Which then leaves the Citadel fund unexplained.

This an actual college/uni textbook?
Holy kek, (((higher education))) really is a scam

That they were right.
When I was studying, I wrote my thesis about technical analysis, programmatically verified 120 different strategies that I found in text books. They all reverted to mean, meaning that even though sometimes they were successful, in the longer run their accuracy reached 50%. Always. Every single time. The only reason some of them "work" is because they operate on monthly or yearly candles and there just isn't enough data to verify their success rate.
It's all gambling.
There's one way to win though - statistics. Take profits always twice as big as stop losses and even if you take random trades you're going to come out on top. At least technically, because the markets unfortunately can and will shake your trades off most of the time.

ta btfod

>meaning that even though sometimes they were successful
A skillful person will see those moments and switch accordingly.

The absolute state /biz in two posts

There is also insider info, being first to know news and luck.

‘Every investor’

No they fucking wouldn’t. You’re tellling me an idiot who bought bitconnect is going to teach himself quantitative analysis and get a PhD in math?

>projection of academic impotence and inertia - the post

you can't find an id greener than mine

Attached: 1539218127752.gif (375x195, 568K)

Check this, knob

Insider trading cannot be predicted

the markets can be times with gematria and masonic code

(((insider))) trading is premeditated. certain dates and the numbers behind them are significant. 33 and 45 is big for economic crashes

so are you rich based on these premeditations?

no. but many insiders are

if i was born in 1965 Id be a billionaire with the knowledge i have

The absolute STATE of Jow Forumsisness men

205/255 green

posting nearly an hour earlier
245/255 green

MY TEXTBOOK ALSO SAID BUY AND HOLD WAS THE BEST INVESTMENT STRATEGY AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH WHY DID I LISTEN

Attached: 118DA4B5-7466-430C-BEE4-DEF063541F0F.jpg (512x510, 38K)

Quack quack quack Mr ducksworth

huh?

Stock is impossible to predict. Thank god for crypto. Bitcoin is going to be $300 this time next year, screencap this.

In case anyone doubts me, we're about to crash below the typical ~5800 resistance, but then pop up to a higher high than the previous pump of 7400, but not higher than the one before it that was like 8400. After that pump is when the real crash starts.

Markets do 3 things:

Range, Trend, Mean Revert (Partial Trend Reversal). This takes place on multiple time frames.

A downtrend on a lower time frame, could be Mean Reversion on a higher time frame.

A Ranging market will trend on its lower time frames, as it moves within its set limits.

I don't know what the fuck 100+ strategies you tested, likely without even appreciating market environment, and what was taking place on higher time frames. There are literally just 3 strategies, the 3 I've mentioned.

Don't excuse you're ineptitude and lack of observance by calling it "gambling".

It better be the fucking case that Academia is completely fucking worthless in Finance, and not in professions that actually matter.

You have to hold it for 30 years

If you are over 40 dont worry

If you are under 30 start buying indices/etf and just hold...and never look at it for 20 years..

Redpill me on mean revert? Am familiar with the others.

>why even try to do anything, other people will just do it first/better/also

Attached: 08237602468.jpg (550x520, 34K)

Fuck off retard

It's true though.

And then a skillful person can anticipate those skillful people seeing those moments and switch accordingly to exploit.
And then other skillful people can anticipate that skillful people can exploit other skillful people and also switch accordingly.
etc. This is basic game theory -- without some intrinsic edge on the market you cannot reliably profit from pure TA.

peter schiff btfo

Attached: index(2).jpg (258x195, 11K)

>And then a skillful person can anticipate those skillful people seein
the skill level and profit margin for each of those level deepens.