/smg/ - Stock Market General

zuckerberg edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books: pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 81LI5fU5grL._SY679_.jpg (350x679, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aaF9pXj7isg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yall ever had dr pepper bbq sauce?

no but I've had ribs cooked in pepsi its greater than pussy

NVDA never under 200 again?
Ford bankrupt?
Bottom?

Did Growth Tech bulls win and the golden ride back on track?

GE in death rattle. The dividend was the only reason people bought & held it

No, tech will keep bleeding out. Rest of mkt has a chance at a bottom here but will be weighed down by (((FAANG)))

Dont you want your penny user?

WHAT TO BUY AS A DIVIDEND PORTION OF MY PORTFOLIO NOW THAT GE IS KILL

also why buy divvys when growth produces more money lmao its like just buy SPY QQQ SSO QLD brehs

reminder that we are in bulls trap now

reminder that bear market is around the corner

reminder that orange bad man

FAANG booming
Large specs are in

Attached: uy6tjut.jpg (245x205, 7K)

Yeah if the share price hits $1

CAN'T KEK THE ZUCK LMAO

Attached: Screenshot_20181030-155511.png (1080x1920, 126K)

Facebook after hours is positive and Apple will crush earnings. FAANG stabilized.

I hope other people got the cheapies. Such a fake and gay correction.

Will fade. Prices still too high

>Back over $4,6XX
Well it's better than yesterday, but the market still owes me at least another $1000 or so

Fuck you ((them)) for using the market for midterms shenanigans

Attached: Screenshot_20181030-175553.png (1440x2560, 170K)

Visa

THE CORRECTION IS OVER

BUY BUY BUY

Attached: PICTURE.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

market is going to be crazy green $$$ tomorrow

YES

Attached: blacked.com-discount.jpg (800x533, 50K)

futures blowing up green

Everyone is long with cheapies right?

I'm ready for red or green fren

Attached: radical centrist.png (540x227, 12K)

buying the dip feels

thanks to s o y hands

Attached: smug golden bull.png (326x323, 90K)

haha,y-yea
youtube.com/watch?v=aaF9pXj7isg

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x321, 18K)

>id: Dab
rally initiated

Attached: 1525213644049.png (1042x1193, 194K)

How much does morality effect your investments?

Would you invest in a tech company like apple but not a military 'defense' company or pharmaceutical company, do you draw a line?

Bullpoop

Attached: 20180329_204218.jpg (584x800, 128K)

0% I'd invest in a company that made it's money pumping aids into orphanages if I thought it was going to the moon

based and redpilled. it's a dog-eat-dog world, if i don't take the gains then somebody else will

waymo on public california roads with no drivers

The great golden bull run is here

hope you are allocating into narrow AI or genetics.

Visa pays 84 cents a year with current stock price of $130? what the fuck

>he only looks at yield
Never gonna make it.

question to dividend people

why not just buy a IV company and sell covered calls for steady income?

What ever happened to the DRUS CRUISE™ shills? It's at a tenth of where I thought of buying in lol, guess I dodged that one

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

>RKG posted
>domp eet

Attached: 1538879938354.png (1000x581, 643K)

Let it be a lesson
Never listen to biz shills

why, exactly?

>get $1 dividend on a share of SPY
right now, i could get a better return with treasury bills

i know nothing about covered calls nor do I have the time throughout the day to actually time trades. i basically just find companies I believe are undervalued and produce a solid dividend or have solid dividend growth and put my money in and hopefully I'll never have to take that money out.

Thanks for the help last thread guys. I'll be dumping 50% into these and 50% NOBL for a long time every September.

Attached: stock singles.jpg (479x280, 70K)

I refuse to buy ZN, AT&T, EA, Comcast because I want them to go out of business, but other than that not really for moral reasons alone

I imagine if I was vegetarian or vegan I'd avoid investing in KFC (YM) or Tyson foods

Also BA instead of Airbus because patriotism

Because I have no idea what any of that means. I just know that dividends are like a savings account, but better. And that they are my friends.

Attached: FB_IMG_1534993356594.jpg (240x210, 9K)

i don't use SPY or ETFs who's dividends fluctuate each pay period.

I use companies that grow over time. right now my current average yield is 3.3 percent but my actual yield is 5.6% due to dividend growth. my goal is to get that up to 10% through dividend growth of the companies I own.

Attached: 1538621201626.jpg (443x332, 18K)

thats a damn good start to a portfolio right there

what do you mean by this

Well you buy 100 of a big stock, sell calls, and wait. You are basically making money off giving other people leverage while also getting any growth under the strike price.

I don't know the math on it vs dividend stocks though but it seems better since dividend stocks are boomer-tier.

Dividends are your friends, options are soulless
I want to feel Cocacola paying me

google "SPY dividend" then google "JNJ dividend" and look at the dividend history of payments. you'll notice one is sporadic (spy) and JNJ is straight increasing its dividend year after year for decades

very interesting, thanks for sharing.

do you mainly invest in blue chip companies or look for smaller companies with higher dividend ratios?

Taxes
D.R.I.P'S

And the implications

Buy something that pays fixed dividends and is relatively cheap. Check the divident to stock price ratio now in comparison with the 5 years average. If it's bigger than the average, buy. If not, don't buy, simple as that.

my main core divvies are KO, PG, JNJ, T, PFE and AAPL.

I've got some higher yield like O, IRM, DOC and some real low yield like V, MSFT and LOW, but those are high growers. I'm mostly investing for the growth of the dividend instead of just yield. But there's something psychological about getting 7% of your money back every year

I have a savings account with Discover for the same reason. Getting paid interest by a credit card company gives me a stiffy.

Zero. I follow CASH
Morality matters only if it can hurt shareholder value.

how do you track such a thing is there a average dividend/share price filter on tradingview or similar

I only short ISPs and healthcare (not including pharma/biotech, more just insurance companies).

That's just out of personal disdain.

Since I can't buy US ETF's I'm thinking about buying mosly big dividend stocks and just hold them and buy at dips. I'm signed for a world index fund at my bank but I think it's pretty shitty to most US ones.

I'm a really conservative 20-something and that will be the end to the portfolio as well. Unless something drastic comes up with these companies like what happened to GE I'll be death gripping and accumulating the next 30+ years.

NLY is really nice. Some other user showed me those guys. I have a lot of GECC right now as well and they pay monthly at 10% which is cool.

NASDAQ futures up biggly. Many green days ahead? Planning to spend all my cash tomorrow as I get in for rebound.

Also, rate my shittier portfolio. Anything you would sell? I don't want to because I made so much losses on most lol so I hope eventually I atleast break even.

Attached: port.png (1313x398, 49K)

Bears have been defeated this day.

I'm not convinced it isn't a bulltrap, but I did buy some Jan/March aapl/msft calls today.

>msft
>not fb

Have you even been watching the news recently?

FB will myspace in 10-20 years I think. Seems like a fad company and the trend doesn't seem good last I checked. 0 dividends as well is a dealbreaker for me, otherwise I'd have berkshire on the list.

Attached: 1540488392113.gif (540x305, 603K)

Attached: 1525321636102.gif (267x200, 729K)

BBT is a massive sleeper hit for those chasing dividends. They’re at $1.62/3.39% now.

It’s been up and down TTM but if you’re after fixed income I think it’s one of the best that goes under the radar.

Don't @ me, LARP tranny.

Mildly pissed DOW hasn't hit 52 week low. That was my limit price for UDOW but it never filled >:(

give it till next tuesday lad...

Why do you specifically want to buy there so bad? If we hit that it seems like we're more likely to be fucking devestated

short sell barrick gold stock

Attached: PICTURE.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

this is ganna be a YIKES and a cringe from me

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

quite a hollow (you), I don't rate it.

I'm holding onto my 100 shares of ABX

Attached: 1539127468072.jpg (225x225, 9K)

you all retarded short sell barrick gold

Attached: shortsell.png (800x600, 257K)

why? Canada is collapsing due to inflation and the US isnt far behind under trumps leadership.
Gold is inevitable
You fools who know nothing about gold just dont get it. When Nixon removed us from the gold standard because the US printed more dollars than gold, gold had to account for that. The response? Gold went from 25 dollars to 800 in 10 years. You fools do not understand gold is rising in price as we speak. The even that will make it revalue itself and account for all the paper money that was printed is almost here. Imagine not having any gold or silver then kek.

>owning gold stock
you should own gold.

Why?

Attached: 1538932595235.jpg (624x352, 23K)

YOU DARE QUESTION THE SILVER SHILL?

Me to, I'm holding on to my Barrick gold for 15 years at minimum. They recently acquired this other gold company who's stock is like in the $70 range. Hell of a bargain, the worlds largest gold mining company for only $13 per. They mine other shit to not just gold. Profit profit profit!

I'll be interested to see what their earnings are for 2018.

You better be baiting

Bought 326 shares of ABX today, and waiting on my employee match.
The kicker is I cant sell the matched shares.

After all the others they gave me plus the current match I should be sitting at nearly 360 shares.

So a total of 686 shares total, should I sell my 326 shares or should I hold em?

black pill me on Barrick. TA only no fundamentals

>fed has been quantitative easing for 10 years
>this is trumps fault.

I unironically hope the market crashes so my pay and local economy increases all while dumping more money into my 401k and portfolio on plentiful cheapies.

Canadas inflation problem isnt going away lol
Neither is the US for that matter.
The Dollar will fail, Trump will print us into oblivion to finance his jewish wars
Every time congress passes a budget, we get closer and closer to economic collapse.
Its like this, the middle class get poorer everytime they print money, because they steal money from the tax payers through inflation on top of income and property tax. so congress passes a budget, you get poorer. trump bombs syria, you get poorer. the thing is the middle class cant get much poorer before there is no middle class. the end is nigh.

>I unironically hope the market crashes
Have you been in a coma all of October? The crash is through and the buying opportunity is now (yesterday actually).

Nigger I work for a gold mine in the middle of nowhere, ill have a job and food if your doomsday scenario comes true.

why did the futures get scared? Tomorrow is raining green.

Lol no, im talking the kind of crash that sends gold back to 1800+ dollars an oz.

I still wish my money wasnt tied up in this Barrick Employee match so I could have bought more GM T PG etc.

Why is the market afraid LMAO

the bears are done

zerohedge will be closed down by executive order

gold will be confiscated and turned into bull statues

it's ogre

Fed meeting still coming nov 7 goyim..

Attached: trumps nigger.png (611x341, 495K)

yeah to announce dovish futures since election year is over lmao

expect a crazy pump

BOJ is about to start the Nikkeibot
Pump in 1 hour

Attached: 1533338529458.jpg (500x281, 24K)

Holy fuck same here

It's funny how they pumped up FB. Talking about currency issues and how they really beat rev

apply that to other companies and you see the reality of "misses"