What is uncle mining ?

The problem:

Due to network propagation lag, some miners end up mining valid blocks that never make it into the blockchain, resulting in wasted work. This problem becomes increasingly common with faster block targets.

What is an orphan block?

When two miners mine the same block within seconds of each other, the network becomes confused and the blockchain splits into two completely valid chains. To resolve this problem, the chain on which the next block is found will become the accepted chain, and the other chain is discarded. When this happens, the block that caused the split from the discarded chain is abandoned, or orphaned, and it's miner reward is lost even though the proof-of-work was done. That PoW is then wasted.

The solution:

Uncle mining attempts to solve the problem of orphan blocks while utilizing the orphan block's proof of work to further secure the blockchain. With uncle mining, instead of abandoning orphan blocks, they are included in the blockchain as uncle blocks and given a small reward. In doing so the proof of work from the uncle block is used to weight the blockchain to further protect against chainsplits.

Attached: photo_2018-10-07_18-19-35.jpg (1024x536, 47K)

You are still bullish with Masari in this bear market ?

fuck off, goblincoiner

With uncle mining coming soon, why wouldn't you be?

Masari is a long term hold is not for P&D, it should not be shilled on biz

when can I do sister mining?

Nice subtle shilling, goblin faggot.

I really don't get assholes like you, you say you know what subtlety means but it does not look like that

In my opinion, Masari will have a big pump in December after uncle mining, but time will tell us if I'm right

eth invented this

In the pussy wagon right next to your trailer, fag.

Eth got this, but it was never developed for a CN coin, if this is a success many other CN coins will adopt it for sure

I lost dero and xhv trains, maybe i will try this one

They absolutely won't because uncle mining is fucking retarded.

why is that ?

uncle mining sounds CREEPY and WEIRD 2bh

this. please stop making these thread

I think NOT. It help secure the network using the entire nethash and give a small reward to miners even if they don't find a block. Sound about right for me.

Uncle mining blocks of orphans

I don't believe it will move considerably until next year, this is when Thaer will be looking towards partnerships. I could be wrong though.

Please learn how to read&write

>the block that caused the split from the discarded chain is abandoned
you didn't proofread, am I correct?