Japan

Yo 29 year old ausfag here. I recently started (4-5 months ago) a high paying 6 figure IT job on a contract until the middle of next year. Most likely I will be able to score a permanent role (with a salary drop) or at least be able to stay on indefinitely.

After working for a few months I got dumped and then my cat died so I have been depressed and gone a bit crazy. I’ve always dreamed about living in Japan and randomly applied for an internship with a Japanese company, did a coding challenge and got an interview. If I was successful I would probably be able to pick a start date after my contract ends next year.

The internship is unpaid but subsidised and runs for 6 weeks with the prospect of scoring a full time job. Dunno what it will pay but my research tells me that Japan pays pretty shit for IT jobs. I have been freaking out a bit and thought about cancelling the interview. I have taken time off early next week for my birthday and scheduled the interview the day before, but I’m a faggot so I’m letting my ex take me out for lunch, which will just add to my anxiety over this weekend. I also planned to smoke a lot of weed and LSD this weekend since I’m depressed and I’m turning 30 and not sure what to do with my life.

What should I do? Also what can you tell me about about inverse leveraged ETFS like SPUX and SQQQ?

Attached: 40FD807A-A2B9-4B86-9A62-7AAD81292A6A.jpg (1240x1920, 383K)

It's their island. You don't belong there, just like niggers and muzzies don't belong in your island.

Go back to /pol faggot

If you want my personal opinion.

I have been offered unpaid internships as well before. I always declined them because i cant stand working for free for someone who MIGHT decide to pay me for future.

Funny enough i have always landed jobs without unpaid internship. Take my 2 cents. There are more places to work out there than 1 place. Thats what my mom says.

Must be trolling.

>Gets paid six figures
>Wants to get paid $0

Unless your net worth is already over $300k usd you are committing financial seppuku.

Why the fuck does it seem like a good idea to do acid when you're depressed/not fully mentally stable

Thanks for the advice bro.

To add to my situation, I only speak really basic Japanese, and the company is 100% English speaking. A lot of the jobs I were checking out have language requirements, so I thought it was really the best opportunity out there for me.

But also I don’t trust myself to make big decisions atm since I’ve kinda lost it since everything went down. Not sure if I’m just trying to run away. Also losing a 180k job without the guarantee of getting a new job might not be a rational thing to do. But I’m always a sick cunt when it comes to interviews and jobs, so my friends are telling me to just go for it.

Attached: E4854B7C-24BA-44C7-85CD-28CAA361BE7C.jpg (1024x1280, 263K)

I should’ve expected this on Jow Forums. I guess I’m asking is it worth losing money to live your dream?

It’s the only time I feel like taking psychs. I’m a self destructive sicko, I love having bad trips

Then you have shitty friends desu. Why the fuck are you doing what you are doing. You are not stable. First:

1. Take a chillpill for 1 year. Just work and save up as much money you have. Live with your parents. They give you comfort.
2. Go get a check-up at your doctor for your mental health. You might need some treatment.
3. Lose the degen stuff. Stop smoking and doing drugs. If it helps start doing nicotine pads they give you a hit. Only drink wine if you are out partying. Dont drink heavy stuff.
4. Find friends who are REAL friends like your current idiot friends.

Save up like 100k$ in 1 year or 2 years and then buy yourself a home. Also go on dates and meet women. They keep you distracted and in check about your personal hygiene and stuff. Just dont do fucking degen shit man. What you are saying is 100% degenerate acting.

Or you might be LARPing rn.

Your dream of being an impoverished foreigner in your magical anime wonderland?

Attached: ac6.jpg (600x800, 55K)

JESUS CHRIST NAME PLEASE

WHITE ROASTIES PERMANENTLY BTFO

IF YOURE WITH A WHITE GIRL IN 2018 YOURE A FUCKING BETA

Software Engineer in Tokyo here

Don't earn as much as you do obviously but IT talents have become so scarce in Japan, the salary only goes up
3 years ago my salary was only 6mil yen
Now I get more than 12mil yen.
Last week my recruiter sent me 3 new openings. Ranging between 10-15mil yen.

You will not get as much as in US or AU, but the gap is getting narrower and six figures in Tokyo is totally possible.

Not LARPing. I think my friends are okay, they know I’m fucked and it’s been my dream for as long as they’ve known me. I was thinking that I probably need time to gain some clarity, and that I can take advantage of this job to save hard and fast. Since I didn’t cash out and didn’t make it, it’s probably the easiest quickest way I will ever had to get cashed up.

I’ve thought about going to the doc/psych but honestly I would be really I would be happy if they prescribed me something since Xanax and shit is awesome, so I’ve held off and just smoke weed to keep it together. But I’m also scared that if I talked too much I would get locked up since I think I’m legit insane.

Hai, Sensei. Please teach me the ways of the weiboo

This is the shit I wanted to hear. By the sounds of it Japan looks like it’s getting desperate for foreign workers due to aging population, etc. I’m pretty confident in my skills, so I feel like I should be able to get back up pretty quick.

When and why did you move to Tokyo? are you a weeboo faggot also?

You are delusional but man i have already give you my help. Yours is to decide to accept it or not. My opinion of you user desu is that you are living in coo coo land. You are just dreaming to make yourself happy.

Unironically stability is what makes people happy. This volatile shit you are living through has many consequences. What happens if you run out of money? What happens if you end up homeless? What happens if you dont get accepted in the culture. Sure go ahead and try it. Fuck it right? You are already in the mud. The thing is here though you dont understand that there is lava below the mud. You can easily fall into that as well and oh boy thats even more miserable than right now. Do as y please but i dont approve what you are doing. What you are explaining are the outcries of a madman.

You should probably do it. I don’t have time for a long reply, but I’ve lived in Japan for a year and know what it’s like to sacrifice money for your dreams (and the regret of not going for it). Japan is an amazing country. Most of the guys replying have never had a 6 figure job and think money would solve all their problems. That’s why they don’t get why anyone would do something like this. People usually don’t regret the choices they make, they regret the choices they don’t make. Just be aware that Japanese corporate culture can be very tough (long hours, very hierarchical).

Of course you should do it, your youth will not last forever and probably quality of life is a lot better in Japan

Fwiw I don’t live in Japan anymore because I got a great opportunity in my home country, but at absolutely loved living there. Just make sure you know what you’re getting into, i.e. try living/traveling for a couple of months in Japan before you decide to move there.

This. Who the fuck cares if you make less money, you can always go back

You have truth user. I have never experienced such salary so thats why im trying to get there. Maybe i also start thinking like OP in the future but rn im more looking to buy a loan-free debt-free home. Thats my purpose.

If user has everything settled then ofc go for it. Im on a different path.

I appreciate the advice bro. But I’m not really worried about failing. I have great work ethic and so great success In every job I’ve had. But maybe my life is in a bubble and my luck will run outsomeday.

Even if I was to get fired or whatever, I would have $50k+ savings by the time I had to leave and have enough frequent flier points for a few return trips home. I would always have a place to come back to, so I would never end up like that.

What kind of salary did you start off with? What made you do it? The company seems to be pretty globalised in the sense they speak English only, have overtime caps and all this other shit that makes them different from the dry Japanese companies you usually hear about. But yeah I guess that shit would still be ingrained. Just looking for something different, something a bit crazy since I have lived a mostly boring and stable life...

Japanese work culture is absolutely neck breaking compared to other places. I don't think there are many western people that will be able to handle it especially after a few months/years.

4 years ago
First year was jobless
Was ready to return in case I fail to find a job, but I luckily did

Not weaboo but I wanted Japanese gf
Never needed 日本語 at work
I only need it to ナンパ the local girls
So language shouldn't be a problem for you

Just use the recruitment agency here, their income is percentage based on your salary so they'll fight to negotiate higher salary for you at no cost

Good luck
We need more engineers and less English teachers here

That’s exaclty how I feel. There’s no point doing this when I’m 35-40. I should have more of my shit sorted out by then. I wish I could’ve done this 10 years ago, but what can I do about the past?

I’ve been to Japan 6 times before for about 2-4 weeks each time, so it’s not like I don’t know shit about Japan except from Anime. Every time I go there, I’m sad to come home. Obviously it’s different when you’re there alone and stuck having to work. I wouldn’t want to stay there forever I don’t think, but I feel like this is my only chance.

Cheers bro.

Don’t worry user, your time will come. But money isn’t everything... After getting this new job and a 60k pay rise, I lost my gf and my favourite fucking cat. I would still trade this job back to have my life the way it was before. This job is easy and I’m left alone to do my own thing and I’m making everyone happy, but my life just feels so fucking boring. Yeah fair enough it’s easy to save and I can buy whatever I want now, but I’m seriously the most unhappy I’ve been for a long time.

Attached: 071F73BB-B4C3-4C72-B78F-40787457D5CF.jpg (960x1199, 274K)

Dont make me sad brah :(

Yeah unfortunately im 1 level below you. Im still stuggling financially. No im not poor or in loans, but im coming from a poor family. Had to do all the shit to get a BsC and MsC for free, find jobs, blabla sad story bla.

Anyways im a fighter so im on this path right now. Im happy because im looking for the greener pastures. If you are already there and dont find happiness i guess the right choice would be to follow your heart on another greener pasture. I cant comprehend what you can because we live in different mindsets. Good luck user and i hope you make it in your happiness!

This is only true if you work for a black company

You shouldn't even consider these kind of company

As an engineer in Japan, you are the chooser, the companies are the beggars because there's more demand than talent

This is why I recommend recruitment agency, they'll filter out black companies (they know which one is black which one is not)

Definitely sounds like you should do it. Usually going for those “crazy” opportunities is a good idea. You only live once.. If you end up regretting it it won’t be the end of the world (you can just move back home). But you might regret it for the rest of your life if you don’t do it, wonder what would have happened if you had had the balls to go for it.

I got an opportunity to join a Japanese start up in my early twenties. I got paid in equity so it’s hard to say what my salary was. The equity ended up being worth quite a lot, but it could have been worthless if things had gone south. Even if I had made no money during that year I don’t think I would have regretted the decision to move to Japan. I have so many great memories. As I said, you should probably try living in Japan before going for it. Living in a foreign country is obviously very different from being a tourist.. I gotta go, I hope you find happiness mate.

japan is opening the borders next year for blue collar jobs

the whole country is going to change in 10 years

Are you an ausfag too? Do you have any suggestions for recruitment agencies that work with Japanese companies? Did you end up finding a jap gf? How to nampa? Teach me your ways sempai.

If you have that much money, negotiate a sabbatical with your job and take 1-3 months living in and travelling around Japan.

Whatever difficulties you encounter, multiply that by whatever number you think would be appropriate if you had to also work and we're staying long term.

From what I understand, if you've never been to Japan before, you will get a ride awakening. I haven't been yet, but I have plenty of friends who have and they all say that it's not the friendliest place to non-natives.

Bro, I’m in the same situation as you but the differences are I want to live in Nürburg and I have also lived a life of wealth. I’m from Sydney too btw.

The situations and experiences you will face are unprecedented conpairing to staying in Aus.

If you make it - fucking good on you. If you don’t, you’ll come back a much better man.

My 2c is go. I was more miserable when I was the financial top dog vs when I was overseas.

Cheers bro. You sound like you have worked hard and so I’m sure you will make it. I too came from a poor unstable family, but it’s much easier to get a degree in aus so I didn’t really have a financial issue with uni. However I have battled with depression for years but in the last fe me years started to get my shit together. I might be bipolar since I get these crazy maniac impulses every now and then and sometimes set myself up for shit that I’m not mentally/emotionally prepared for sometimes when the fantasy fades away and the reality sinks in. But I think this is still a good opportunity regardless. At least you sound relatively stable. Keep fighting and working hard! Good luck to you user!

I’ve never heard of a black company. The place I found seems to have a regular intake of international interns, and they have a blog and shit where they share their experiences - sounds pretty good from what they say. Interesting to hear about Jap companies being desperate, I will keep that in mind and try to use it to my advantage.

Thanks bro. That’s how I feel. I’m still young enough to make a mistake. I haven’t really had anything blow up in my face before, so even if it did, it’s kind of like a necessary step in life. But you felt the same way as me it seems. I don’t care too much about taking a pay cut if I was in Japan. Just worried that when I have to come home, I won’t have much savings, won’t have a house, so I will be “behind” in terms of other people my age.

That’s what I was thinking. I think the 2020 Olympics will have an effect in this too. I would rather get there early and have a head start over the other gaijin.

I’m not sure I can negotiate this since I’m on a contract.

Also see , been to Japan many times before. I haven’t really had any bad experiences, but have the stories. The company has heaps of foreigners, so it won’t be so bad at work in terms of being a hated gaijin.

Let’s do it user, we can do this shit. Sydnet is turning to shit which is one of the reasons I wanna gtfo.

Cheers brah I’ll stay sober for the day and do my interview.

I'd say give it a shot. Either you'll like or or you won't in which you can go home and get a job there anyway. What have you really got to lose? Don't do the drugs though, especially the acid, if you're not in a good mental state.

Just go. You can always come back. Missing a year of work does not change anything in the long run. Missing a potential life-changing opportunity is kind of a big deal

Buying inverse leveraged ETFs is a pretty inefficient way to bet against the market. Although I would never recommend trying to time the market, I would look at put options instead if you must.

>what can you tell me about about inverse leveraged ETFS like SPUX and SQQQ?
They get rebalanced daily, so tend to be a bad idea to hold long term.

Attached: 1421879640812.jpg (500x627, 73K)

DONT HOLD LEVERAGED ETFs LONG TERM THERE IS TIME DECAY
DONT EVEN TRADE THEM THEY ARE A SCAM FOR RETAIL SPECULATORS

Cheer, I’m convinced gonna give it a shot.

The broker I’m using doesn’t support options, so it’s the only way I know how to short. Why is it inefficient? I know that people say not to time the market, but I think the sentiment is changing hard, reminds me of the crypto bull run last year. It seems like a lot of crypto traders have jumped ship and are playing the traditional markets since crypto got so fucking boring. Shit is so whack now, I think it’s gotta correct hard.

Not looking for long term holds, just wanna make some good short term gains. Don’t know enough about options and I don’t wanna fuck with margins.

Dont do LSD in your current mental condition.
Otherwise best of luck, I think a change if scenery would be good and Japan is a great idea.

nigger muzzie detected. Japs are going to tell you to get back on the boat as soon as they see you. sorry.

Oh, an ethnicity and diversity expert. Now's my chance to ask which of the Japanese belong in Japan?

Attached: slide4.jpg (960x720, 80K)

if they are 100% English then they are a black company. A japanese sweat shop that exploits foreigners, mostly americans that think Nippon is cool and are willing to sacrifice pay and dignity to live there. It's one step below teaching English and one step above legal doc review.

You're best bet is to doctor shop for Xanax or try Benzo analogues like etizolam and just get high all day until you kys.

I thought you were LARPing but your responses ITT are too autistic, Jow Forums and pathetic to be fake so yea, going to a xenophobic country to find yourself or acceptance is a death sentence.

Attached: 1499208337273.jpg (750x734, 59K)

>Not weaboo but I wanted Japanese gf

>Software """"Engineer""""
That's why you're paid so low

Attached: ホワイトピッグ.gif (360x270, 1.69M)

>broker doesn't support options
Who the fuck are they?
>I don’t wanna fuck with margins
Why not?

Yeah correct, but theyve interbred sp much that its BAAAAAAAAAAAAAARELY noticable. The ainu are the only purebreds left, and theres not alot of them. Fun fact, ainu have a significant portion of their ancestry from Africa

Hmm yeah not sure what they pay, so I guess I gotta did that shit out.

Problem is I would love a constant supply of Xanax so I’m better off not getting checked imo.

Not going there to find myself, just wanna do something different, something a bit crazy.

Attached: 1430770162847.jpg (500x818, 168K)

shh this is a good future JUST thread you are fucking up

We don’t have Robinhood in Aus. Closest thing is called Stake, they only offer simple trades

Cognitive bias. Isn’t that the point of asking for advice?

What is your job currently?

>but theyve interbred sp much that its BAAAAAAAAAAAAAARELY noticable.
Indeed. It's as if (((degenerate race-mixing))) can result in single race that is then revered by racial purity advocates. Confusing...

OP

I'm doing a research in japan at the moment and I sincerely suggest you don't come here. You're a deluded, lonely and probably ugly retard who thinks you'll find a nice life here.
Assuming from your post I'll take it you don't speak or read the language, which at your age is a difficult thing to learn, and takes years (and you're running out of time). The jap girls here won't swoon for you like you hope they would, sure you could find some lonely ugly girl who wants to breed a mentally ill hapa child with you, but ask yourself, is that the future you want for yourself in the long run?

Didn’t know Asian masculinity frequented Jow Forums

I'm white as an A4 paper and only staying here for 4 months anymore. Sorry to be too much of a realist and burst your autistic bubble.

Full stack dev

一年ぐらい大学に日本語が勉強した but yeah I forgot everything but I think I can pick it up again. You hit the nail on the head for the rest. I don’t expect bitches to be all over me. I don’t even know if I could be in a long term relationship with a fob anyway. I’m not too worried about the rest, in a way I kind of enjoy that lonely and depressed feeling - maybe I’m just used to it - but it motivates me to improve my life. Why did you go to japan if you hate it?

Are you working freelance contract or is it corporate? How good are you?

He indirectly makes a on good point.
OP is deluded, yes he can try, why the fuck not.
However, consider
> no family nearby
> unless he is Turbochad, then certainly less friends than in aus
> not owning real estate - essentially halving his income and that does impact quality of life significantly regardless of muh dream meme

>requiring family to hold your hand
>not being able to make your way anywhere you are
Ha god this board is full of fucking beta faggots. Love it.

I went here because I get paid to work on a research that also contributes to my studies.

> full of fucking beta faggots.
what is Japan?
Family is one of the cornerstones of life, dunno what Jews told you, but they build their dynasties on it
look at Bezos, Drumpf or Rothschild

Corporate contract. Pretty decent I’d say as a web dev

You’re right... I’m FUCKING CRAZY

You'll become one after your 6 weeks of unpaid internship in japan

Rule of thumb on Japan: great for a vacation, shit place to live

>That Jomon qt
10/10 would bang

Attached: good shit.jpg (2000x1333, 247K)

Don't move to Japan, find weebs like you in USA, the grass isn't greener.

The acid might fuck you up for a month or 6 or up to like 2 years but you'll feel normal. It is an intense experience which might change your mind either way. Do at least 150ug or you're missing out and I would recommend taking it light on the weed for the first 3 hours, then take it slow and steady. You can easily ego death yourself if you take 2 fat bong rips at an acid peak which is great fun overwhelming.

What's the best way to find English-speaking, ideally run-by-gaijin software companies in Japan? Is such a thing possible? I always wanted to live the weeb dream for a while but I don't want Japanese workplace culture draining me of my will to live.

I’m from aus, but yeah get your point. Life in Sydney is getting fucked atm. There’s enough qt 3.14 ANZ girls but the lifestyle has gotten pretty shit.

I have done acid before and other psychs so I know what I’m in for. I’ve done acid and changa at the same time (the furthest I’ve gone) so I’m quite experienced, though it’s been a few years. I kind of wanted to do the acid trip before making my decision because I’ll probably come out know what I want. I’ll get that bong ready, feel so excited. Can’t wait!

The place I applied for was called HDE Global. Check it out bro

Thanks I'll check that out, and how did you find that company in the first place? Interested in finding others like it as well.

Lmao you're stupid. You deserve your misery.

> smoke a lot of LSD
OP is a normie.

Fuck these normies, my dude. Go to Japan, try something new. Get you the qt Japanese gf you deserve and live a happy new life. I believe in you and it's like others have been saying: if you don't like it you can just move home. Pick up where you left off. Ultimately you should just follow your heart, brother. Good luck and God speed. I hope you think of this post when you go on your first date with a Japanese qt.

Attached: 415029342a77f24f719a7b855f9c2209.jpg (641x801, 92K)

jomon, obviously

Don't be retarded user. The amount you make in Australia is nothing compared to the shit money they pay you over there. You don't have a career there. Anything you do is going to be treated like garbage back in Australia. You can't even stay there more than 90 days without a visa.

can u rly date japanese qts without knowing the langauge? how? have any first/second hand experience?

absolute bullshit.

at any given time there are HUNDREDS of people applying to just ONE job opening.

Its HR's retarded policies which prevents them from hiring someone and then claiming """"muh skills shortage"""". Employers just want a superstar at half the salary.

Language exchanges, son. Find someone who wants to practice English and you're good to go. Bonus is it gives you a place to start learning Japanese too. Also nearly everyone 30 and younger had to take English in school and can speak a broken version of it. A buddy and I hooked up with some random girls at Tokyo Disneyland and they couldn't speak English for shit. As a western man you have the benefit of being exotic so use that to your full advantage if you're even remotely attractive.

>dont do drugs
>nicotine patches
Pick one buddy