Truly Making it AND Staying Rich

This thread is for you dumb fags and materialistic faggots who horde dumb shit and basically burn your money in trash cans.

Pic related is what you SHOULD call your home. Any sailboat in the 60ft class with a bow thruster makes for a single sailor live-a-board experience. Women absolutely love boats and when you live on one you will have more friends than you can imagine - the ship is like a lucky charm. The main reason to never under any circumstances buy a powerboat is because they are gas guzzlers like you wouldnt believe. Going anywhere at all in them costs mad money. So, the best way to conserve money is with wind powered transportation. There is nothing more romantic in the eyes of a woman than a sailor. Thank me later.

>B-b-b-b-ut boats are expensive
Not as bad as you'd think. If you buy a new year model you will be into the millions. This 2012 in pic related is a 300k buy. The market for boats right now is completely saturated and you can snipe deals for more than 50% under msrp. Literally, almost no one is buying.

>b-b-b-b-b-ut what about my car?
You live at a marine, dumbass. You park your fucking car at the marina. Just be sure to pick a nice marina near the ocean, dont want to get trapped on a damn lake or some gay shit like that.

>b-b-b-ut boats are high maintenance
Not if you learn how to work on the boat systems yourself, like a real man. They are still cheaper than property taxes on a house and upkeeping a house. Still much much cheaper than house living. You can actually 100% OWN a ship but you can't ever 100% own land or any property in any country.

If you want to be free to go to any country you want to, then buy a sailboat. If you get tired of living where ever you're docked at, just untie from the dock and set sail for a new dock. It's the ultimate retirement vehicle and home setup. You'll never regret learning how to sail and keep your wealth as opposed to throwing it away on buying things you can never truly even own. U kno im rite.

Attached: 2012 Beneteau Oceanis 58ft.jpg (600x400, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

satellitephonestore.com/catalog/sale/details/intellian-fb250-fleet-broadband-maritime-internet-terminal-318
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based boatposter. Have fun capsizing after failing to escape the 7th tropical storm that season

>that 40 year old boomer who half made it in the dot com era and now is a local drunk camping at the boatyard

Attached: 32t2395.gif (220x199, 215K)

>be boat
>get bought by Stinky neet
>crash self to end the surfering

Boatfags BTFO

do you really can just move your boat to any country and park it there?

>Women absolutely love boats

They absolutely fucking hate it and I have never met a woman who isn't scared as shit when it comes to the open ocean.

yea nigger. im in new zealand right now, sailed down the coast of south america. its one hell of a life. docked at one of the biggest marinas here - all i have to do is just get my visa renewed every so often. thats literally it. some marinas in the low tier class dont allow "live-a-board" boaters, so dont give them any business. go with the big dog marinas, thats who u want.

when i made the original post i was operating under the assumption that none of you fags were going to cast your lot with mentally ill left wing women. thats who youre talking about. your mistake in picking that company, not mine.

This. Sipping on wine on a powerboat while anchored is one thing. Finding a chick who actually enjoys the work involved with sailing doesn't freak the fuck out when the boat heels is completely different story. If you find a girl like that, hang on to her because they're rare as fuck.

This is my dream bro. I'm buying up rental properties so that I can quit my job within the next 5 years and live on a boat. How did you make your money? Where did you start your journey? Did you buy your boat in cash? Monohull or catamaran?

You're not speaking from experience. Anything in the 60ft class you can single sail yourself. Assuming your setup is a sloop or ketch rigged cutter, etc. More sheets the more work you gotta do. Just stick with a sloop or ketch and you're fine. Anything over 60ft and you need a first mate. Sailing isn't hard at all dude, read a fucking book its easy af. If you got the IQ to make it in the world of trading then you can single sail a fucking 60 footer. Be a chad for once in your life, user.

>what is boaters insurance

absolute state of this fucking board

Pff please left wing woman are narcissistic and right wing woman usually follow their men. She doesn't like boating she likes you since I am not really into boating she will never be into boating.

>be a link marine
>buy a boat
checks out

Attached: 1535343410488.jpg (379x339, 22K)

Enjoy losing your home one day when you're old as fuck to the nursing home, user. I tried to warn you but you didn't listen.

You do the math:
>live in a house and you cant fish all day

>live on a boat and you can fish 24/7 and get free ocean food to eat further reducing the cost of your living expenses

i think its a simple equation to figure out

Lol, thanks for the pep talk grandpa. I have plenty of experience sailing cruising boats in the 30-40 foot range. I don't know what point you're trying to make and I agree with everything you said.

My point was that women like boats but they DON'T like heeling, cranking winches, and hauling heavy shit. Do you disagree?

You need fast as fuck internet or its no deal.

Completely agree regarding the women. It's rare that a woman will ask you how to sail or operate any part of a boat besides the marine toilet. They're good at cooking on board, eating, sleeping, fucking, and drinking booze - beyond that women are useless in operating a vessel.

There are marine grade satellite systems you can buy that turn your boat into a hotspot no matter where you are. They are a little pricey but well worth it. Not all marina wifi reaches out to every slip the marina has in many cases. This is the system I have onboard my ship.

satellitephonestore.com/catalog/sale/details/intellian-fb250-fleet-broadband-maritime-internet-terminal-318

I don't live in America so I don't have to pay ridiculous amounts of property tax on something I own. My house will be a once off investment except for maintenance, which your boat will need too.

I am not fishing every day no way. Gutting and preparing fish is a lot of effort, fun once in a while but not everyday.

This thread went from seeming like a real boating fan to a fucking salesman trying to sell me something. Is the boating industry in such dire straights?

Attached: it feels.jpg (640x628, 72K)

fucking nice, how did you /make it/ if you dont mind me asking? im still far from that kind of life but i dream of it

Listen you pompus faggot, I'm trying to help you save money in the future mainly because Jow Forums got me really well off by shilling ETH so hard years ago. I'm also a boat broker now besides crypto trading / bot trading / etc. Also charter my ship out to take ppl scuba diving. A ship is a money making machine, you just gotta understand that before you can see the simple logic in buying one and living on it.

read my response to this non-burger fag. also i am a burger.

Satellite is not even a decent quality net connection. 2000 ping average. That is unusable.

Hey man, I never made the claim you could play your fucking Fortnite on it now did i? It's slow but its still faster than a 56k dialup.

>Hey man, I never made the claim you could play your fucking Fortnite on it now did i? It's slow but its still faster than a 56k dialup.

/thread

If you cant be on the cutting edge then this shit is a meme.

Attached: 1439852404312.gif (182x200, 1.83M)

There are more expensive systems you can buy to have faster connection speeds dude. My connection is 10mbps down 4mbps up. It's all i need for what I use the internet for, faggot.

>only pedophiles play fortnite

Live-aboard Sailing is not cheaper than Power Boating.

The first thing is that 1 in 10 sailboats are struck by lightning every year.

The cost to replace and repair sails is not less expensive than hydrocarbons for the mileage that most live abords do.

Sailboats will motor almost as often as powerboats anyways.

The ability to outrun poor conditions if needed, to make a passage in time is priceless.

40' sailcats are considered almost too much for solo sailors.

Spending time in open ocean or remote blue water should be limited? How little water is unavailable to a 60ft trawler? Rogue waves are very real. Canals, inland water ways were incredibly revolutionary for being so much more safe.

I've "made it", looking for a place to fuck around between T-day and xmas.
Show me a bit of NZ?

Attached: liberal.jpg (770x800, 165K)

I knew a powerboat cuck would show up and try to btfo me. Predictable as hell. What you gonna do little man when you run outta gas in the middle of the ocean and cant go no fucking where? Call the coast gaurd? You'll get hit by pirate fags before they ever get to you after making that call on 16. You're finished. But as for me, all I need is the wind you fucking nigger tier brainless powerboater.

Nah man don't wannt dox myself too much. I'm saying shit on here that could get me in trouble with these kiwi fags

How do you repel pirates?
Understood.

No ship is complete without guns, user. Lots of guns. Best way to eternally btfo pirate fags is with dynamite. Throw a stick in the water near their hull and sink them. Then just gun them down when they swim for your ship. Either way, in that situation its either sink them or they kill you and take all your shit, ship included. Pirate fags are the main reason you don't sail too close to any part of Africa. They prey on small ships the most.

Attached: 1540692902315.jpg (1787x1440, 1019K)

I will say that having a boat with a fast internet connection means you have the ability to earn crypto. Which means you can afford to dock in places. You can have public persona. You can game. You own your boat and don't pay property tax.

Its kind of a sneak peak to what it would be like to live in space honestly. Its kind of weird to think about. In space you would have pirates too.

Nigga if the whole point of living on a boat is to cut down on expenses, paying more than a grand a month for not shit internet on the open sea doesn't sound so good.

Attached: elonpepe.jpg (1024x898, 290K)

I used to live on a canal boat. Less fun when ur poor. Will get back into it when I make it.

Based Setzer

Attached: images.jpg (170x170, 7K)

imagine being alone in the open ocean on your scrawny boat and there is nothing around you but these things lmao, no way

Attached: ocean-waves-storm-sea-spray_njxahkajl__F0008.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

>imagine not paying attention to the fucking weather radar and getting caught in that because you are a brainless faggot who doesnt understand the ocean

pretty much nailed it

Honestly I hate the idea of being on a boat in the open ocean where there's literally miles of water under you but I may have completely changed my mind when I could literally hunt humans legally.

>Oh no I'm stranded on my yacht!!!
>Oh no these terrible black people are coming with guns!!!
>Oh no I killed them and had no other choice!!!

Based boatposter knows his shit. The rest of you little girls would do well to open your ears

Oddly enough, this would be saving lives... Pirates kind of need to fucking die.

The Government struggles with GOD everyday to control the weather... But the eventuality of being struck by lightning, replacing sails, motoring nearly as much anyways, being able to captian if injured... All of these are besides the point that liveaboard powerboating is more cost efficient. Being able to do 28 knots back to the marina in an emergency with your diver clients is priceless.

The running out of gas problem is solved by bringing more gas. 36' SA powercats are delivered on their own bottoms worldwide.

Blue water crossings and pirates are further from reality than lightning, sail fabric tears, needing to travel into the wind and tide. Just imagine all the risk a decision to tack multiplies compared to taking the safest route.

My dad has a 36 foot sailboat he likes to race, boy does it feel good having brunch at the yacht club and then heading out for a sunset sail. Poor fags will never know what it’s like to watch the sunset on the water as you feel a cool breeze and feel the water splash when you bounce on another boats wake. Living on a boat would suck though what are you going on about OP?

What happens if you live on a boat and just stop paying income tax? Asking for a friend.

im actually in that boat right now. i havent paid american income taxes in 3 years because i havent been in america. been docked in argentina, other countries, australia, etc. im about to find out tho. but thing is, the irs has no way to contact me so idk how theyll ever fuck with me unless i come back to the states. i make over 100k/yr in passive bot trading income and also have dividends on stocks - set to auto reinvest. not sure how the faggots are going to track me down but when they do, i'll post about it. if youre an american citizen you have to legally pay income tax even if you are living abroad. only way around it is to denounce your citizenship., which im in the process of doing.

You're all right OP. I like the cut of your jib.

Attached: jib.jpg (479x363, 64K)

They might lien your checking account if it's US-based. That's about all I can think of. If you ain't filing they really can't get a lien and can't do shit to you.

OP, haven't you heard...if it Flies, Floats or Fucks, you lease it.

Serious question, if I bought undeveloped land with super low taxes, and it has a lake in it, is there anything stopping me from putting a houseboat on it and avoiding increasing the property taxes? I want to minimize the money the government steals from me every year.

Attached: 1540753395884.gif (768x256, 693K)

things that you can live in like boats and rv's are tax writeoffs. if you own the property there is no slight of hand you can pull off to where you dont have to pay those property taxes. youre completely fucked dude. thats basically the reason i made this thread so anons dont get cucked into the land owner meme.

Where is your sense of adventure?

What if you get the Allodial title to your property?

Right, but undeveloped land has rediculously low taxes, like a couple hundred bucks a year for a multi-acre parcel. I have no interest in sailing around, just interest in legally fucking the gov out of tax revenue. Plus, I have 5 cars, you could float a garage-barge on a lake.

If you are going to buy a boat, don't buy a fucking sail boat. You're not going to sail it 99% of the time anyways, you'll just be using your engines. Also, read the fucking US Coast Guard Navigation Rules. If you don't have a copy of that on your boat at all times, you will be issued a violation. If you break those rules, you're more than likely going to be boarded and issued a violation for some other stupid shit.

main problem with that situation would be sanitation. the local gobberment fags will eventually find out youre living there on a house boat or whatever, at which point they will btfo you for sanitation definitely. major fines. like dumping your black water holding tank (sewage) from a boat into the water can be upwards of a $10k fine in many places, some even higher. way around it is properly taking care of the sewage which can be expensive in that scenario you suggest.