No property tax

>no property tax
>can buy one for much less than 100k
>can still live in an area with high incomes like the Bay Area but have Midwestern living expenses

Why haven't you taken the RV pill?

Attached: o7345yow5b6.jpg (1024x683, 169K)

Tell me more user.
Sincere questions:
How do you handle security?
Where do you park?
How do you fill out the water (shower, toilet etc)
Depreciating asset vs appreciating asset?

>he lives in a depreciating asset

My stepadad's parents had an 8 figure net worth, and he was basically waiting his whole life for them to die. His dream was to buy an RV and go around to all the places that Guy Fieri goes to and try them all. They finally died in 2009 and him and my mom got their mitts on all that cash. So first thing, he goes out and spends 200k on a Prevost. Then he has to spend money to get bigger aprons on my mom's driveway so he can pull it in. Then he spends $1000's per month on maintenance, filling it up, and buying other shit for it. He loved fucking with it so much he never took it for a drive. He got cancer and died in 2013, having never even left the state with it. My mom didn't know shit about it and needed cash so she sold it for 40K.

RV's, not even once.

This is a meme. There are very few RV parks in the Bay Area, and they are usually full with a waiting list. Plan on spending $800-$1200/mo. for a spot next to another RV 10 feet away.

t. 5th wheeler from Wisconsin

Attached: 100_1138.jpg (1800x1200, 595K)

Instead of paying 500k for a house that gives you 2% real returns you could buy an RV for 100k and put 400k in to stocks/crypto.

not that good

you get tired of that shit,

i could only handle 3 years of living in a motor home,
but then again i was in a RV park paying 350 a month for the space

not that bad if youre single but my gf kept bitching about it.

The key is to not drive it that much to cut down on gas/maintenance, basically treat it like a condo. You don't have to park at a designated RV park.

You don’t buy this boomer tear shit.

You buy a sprinter rv with 4wd, a lift kit and some decent tires. You can literally go anywhere. Get a concieled carry permit, lots of states honor them from other states. Security taken care of, camping area taken care of. My wife and I are planning on renting out our two properties and doing this for a year and seeing how we like it

There are tons of parks where you pay like 10-15 a night if you want to camp there, or you can just go out into Into the wilderness and camp for free.

Damn I wish I was american

You'll pay more to park it there than you will for property taxes on your actual house.

Freedom and guns still reign supreme. In the west there are tons of places to post up for weeks on end. Nobody will bother you because everybody has guns. Arizona, Nevada ect is a campers heaven if you have 4wd. Lots of non private property to post up on. Worst case is it’s government property and somebody tells you to leave.

Where you going to park it out here? I had to beat out over 25 people for a spot in Martinez and I'm paying $800/month. Before that I was in a friends backyard in shiddy Concord for $700 for a year and a half. Before that it was Rio Vista on the Delta - 30 miles away from here which is 30 miles from SF, that place ran me $650. If you park on the street out here the neighborhood will run you out in less than 48 hours. No security - you come home from work and the RV is towed / stolen.

Very hard to do this in the Bay Area unless you are single with no gf, don't have pets, have solar on the rig so you can sell the landlord on the reduced power usage, and are lucky as fuck. But go on Craigslist right now and tell me what's available within 50 miles (2 hours minimum commute) of SF. I'll check back here in a bit.

Attached: 2012-11-13_13-02-58_679.jpg (3264x1840, 2.05M)

*$700/mo for a year and a half - from a "friend"

You dumb niger. You have a rv and your allowing your self to only stay in one area. How fucking retarded is that? You can take that shit anywhere in the USA, most states with riffles for security, yet you want to live in the most lefitist over priced shithole in the USA. Literal 77iq fag

>that 30 year old boomer who "invests" in cryptocurrency and lives in a van down by the river

Attached: 1527858548420.jpg (250x229, 8K)

>having room is boomer tier
>thinks two can live in something smaller than a prison cell for a year
Let us know how your wife likes shaving her legs in a Sprinter RV sized shower.

Your sperging gave me a sensible chuckle. Listen retard - I make a shit ton of money working here on the very systems you use everyday to make low quality shitposts like that. I can't do it while squatting on BLM land in bumfuck Montana. I have to be here, that's why kiddo.

>living with a woman

not gonna make it

You know. Dont get a massive fucking 36 footer if you are single. Go small. Parking it anywhere costs money. I pay 160 a month just for covered storage. Rent one first, then buy

>niger
Actually, you post like a eurofag, so disregard the thing about your wife shaving, you're not going to understand that part.

Triple kek

>get easily robbed by niggers because everyone knows all your shit is in there
>expensive real estate places like SF won’t let you park for free
>have to constantly find water hookups and drain your septic somewhere
>high maintenance costs
>loses value over time; house gains galue
>impossible to have a gf due to logistics (but if you’re considering this then it already was)
>instead of rent or mortgage, you pay for gas, maintenance, and RV hookups

If you want to be a carbum, do it the Chad way by living in a regular van.

Attached: B010E755-58C0-44AD-9C04-F6EDFEF44A82.png (680x680, 124K)

Lol good luck finding somewhere to park that thing you fucking bum

Cops shut down your little shanty villages asap

kek

kek

KEK
E
K

Wrong. That 500K house will have 6-12K property tax per year depending on area, 20K in interest per year, 5k in utilities and maintenance, and collateral you have to put up.

So you are paying 35K in non-recoverable expenses, and on aggregate expecting 2-3% inflation on the asset in question (10-15K per year). Of course this assumes the house isn't overvalued. If it is, your expected appreciation is lower than 10-15K per year.

Lets consider the case where the house is fairly valued and an optimistic scenario where inflation is 3%. Your non-recoverable expenses are about $35K per year, and the house appreciates by 15K per year on average. This means you are 20K in the hole per year. Of course, your out of pocket expenses will exceed 35K, since I haven't even considered principal paydown or mortgage insurance if your deposit is low.

So >20K in the toilet per year by conservative estimates. You can buy a slightly used Mercedes Sprinter 170" Wheelbase, park at Walmart and spend

Attached: epic.jpg (1920x900, 197K)

your parents sound like idiots that didn't know how to manage money or their possessions