Why doesn't a blockchain killer app exist yet?

Attached: @@=.gif (482x301, 445K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.eternitywall.com/2018/04/13/sign-to-contract/
github.com/LeoComandini/electrum-timestamp-plugin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you not heard of Monero? Untraceable value transfer.

Because blockchains can't scale

IF XMR isnt the killer app Crypto was a mistake. Also blockchain is a dumb buzzword that wasn't even in the BTC whitepaper.

Blockchain as a whole has probably caused at least hundreds if not thousands of suicides, doesn't that count?

blackpill: there's dozens of blockchain killer apps, the first of which being bitcoin (core, pre-2015). blockchain is so revolutionary most of the world will lag behind for a long time. count at least a full generation before a decent number of educated people even grasp use cases

>blockchain is a dumb buzzword
pretty much this. the whole
>blockchain is the real value not bitcoin
is a retarded boomer meme. the real value is decentralisation and censorship resistance.

Killer apps are: bitcoin, monero, proof-of -existance like opentimestamps.
But the latter only needs to include a few dozen merkleroots into the bitcoin blockchain per day and it doesn't need a useless token, so nobody talks about it.

Augur is highly fascinating

zoom out, you can be your own bank

Because killer apps don't need to run on blockchain. It's a solution looking for a problem to solve.

Bitcoin is hard money. That is a killer app

>opentimestamps
Thanks user, first useful thing I've seen here for weeks. Thought I'd have to somehow roll my own solution for a side project but this will help bigly.

It does, it's the privacy currencies(Monero, Nerva etc etc). Everything else is pretty much just useless hype at this point.

I heard the wallet is shit

Guess you hang around brainlets. Try monerujo or mymonero if you're similarly mentally challenged.

Check out blog.eternitywall.com/2018/04/13/sign-to-contract/
github.com/LeoComandini/electrum-timestamp-plugin
You can create timestamps with your normal transactions without op_return.

Attached: wb3fkur49zc11.png (255x204, 50K)

The killer app has been there since the white paper. You haven"t realized it yet, but you will soon

id love to see blockchain uber

but that's just a digital currency
sure technically the dollar bill was a 'killer app',
but its just a way to transfer value back and forth

same point as above

only if you believe in overpopulation

yes but at a cost of a massive amount of convenience

sure they don't, but still, when's a blockchain killer app going to exist?

same point as first

help me realize

I don't even know what this means

Attached: __%.jpg (650x433, 30K)

>I don't even know what this means
uber but without a single entity owning all the data
"duber" will use chainlink to feed in car and user position

Zoom out, faggot

seems like a hindrance

first, you need the data to optimize and refine the algos that handle everything about rides

second, does it really give a big enough benefit to users to the point where they want to ditch uber?

>seems like a hindrance
which part of my post gave that away? just having to install a different app on your mobile?

>big enough benefit to users
1. privacy of data, some people will care
2. no middleman to get a slice of the money, more money to drivers and better price for users