Link staking income

How much LINK do you plan to stake and how much annually do you think that will earn you?

Attached: 1537372634656.jpg (1786x2400, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/p/proof-stake-pos.asp
nordicapis.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-pricing-your-api/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all 100k of my LINK. should be enough to live off of

Have around 20k link. And

IM NOT SELLING

Have no idea how much I think that will earn me since staking rewards haven't been discussed but it'll probably scale on reputation, hopefully 2-20? link a day.

But you can't stake link?

I dont think theres going to be much money in staking user... I mean how much is the request for a centralized api call? just divide that cost price by the number of nodes you'd like to route your information through for err, "decentralisation" and youll have a rough estimate... you really dont expect it to cost significantly more for a one weather api routed through a couple of neet nodes, do you user?

All of it, but I don't anticipate making more than 5% APR with it. But when LINK is $1000 I won't really care too much.

>I dont think theres going to be much money in staking user... I mean how much is the request for a centralized api call? just divide that cost price by the number of nodes you'd like to route your information through for err, "decentralisation" and youll have a rough estimate... you really dont expect it to cost significantly more for a one weather api routed through a couple of neet nodes, do you user?
An extra layer of security, reliability and trust is more expensive than a simple API call, and whoever needs an oracle already knows that.

Been spending days on stackoverflow trying to figure out how to get shit to work. It's been annoying as fuck not knowing why something doesnt work

The actual roi might not be that much, but in the beginning the team will likely increase rewards from the 350m reserved for incentives.

Based on the link pool demo, I estimate being able to turn my 37k stack into 100k in 6 months given that the price of link stays the same ~50c. Obviously this requires restaking the earned links as soon as I get them.

bro the staking demo is just for fun and in no way reflects the actual returns. we're earning 5% per week right now and I just don't think that's at al realistic

5 pct is absurd. I'd be very happy with 8pct annual.

I'll let you know once mainnet is out and my 40k link get priority staking in Linkpool.
I'd be surprised though if its going to be more than 3% annually.

This is what I think.
On linkpool testnet I am making 25% a month, of course this is not realistic but we can still use this maybe to give us an estimate.
Ok so at the moment linkpool is pulling 200 jobs into each node at a rate of 1 link per job
Now if on mainnet they are pulling the same amount of jobs but at a rate of 0.05 link per job this will give us 1.25% a month, 15% a year.

I would like to think linkpool with run 400 jobs per day per node but at a total of 0.025 link per job, which would still just us 1.25% a month. Would could even half this to 0.0125 link per job at a rate of 400 jobs per day. This would give us a total of 7.5% per year.
What do linkies think of these numbers?

Ok ok tell me what is staking? Im not really good at english

Attached: 91286421.png (1152x648, 12K)

investopedia.com/terms/p/proof-stake-pos.asp

API calls cost cents or fractions of a cent yes. But once you start looking at just how many API calls are made daily nowadays you’ll see that node income should be in the tens of thousands per year.

Income from staking will be a function of cost per API call and number of calls, look into it and get ready to see how $1000 per link is not a meme.

the node? post problems here

what does staking even mean?

Stop spreading these lies. The “incentives” you speak of are more likely to refer to Sergey giving away 250m link for free to big players so they can operate a node with no overheads. Why would he give it to NEETs? Retarded

Since I’m feeling nice this morning, “staking” means using LINK as collateral on the mainnet (currently we are on testnet), this is the purpose of the link token. Nodes are rewarded in link for API calls or penalised their link for downtime or incorrect calls.

decentralization comes at premium, so dividing cost per node is wrong, you would actually multiply cost per node to get the price of decentralization. each node still charges same amount for the api call.

however that's for generic API calls. link nodes can do more than that, like providing off chain computations for example. so link nodes can charge more depending on the external adapters they offer.

Can't we already come up with a different term than staking for CL? It's not the same

Yes, earning.

memeing

Assuming it reaches $1000 dollars a Link, which would net you more money - staking your Links, or selling them for a lump sum that you can park in an index fund and take out 4% a year?

Attached: 1540905380002.jpg (730x660, 75K)

No one knows yet. Depends if the node(s) you are using can create more than 4%Link annually

I have 160 link and I will sell instantly at 1$ a coin and buy an e-vape cigarette

If dubs we call it

I think we can work out the income you could make from a node based on the number of monetised API requests that are being made nowadays by traditional businesses and the amount they charge.
>nordicapis.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-pricing-your-api/
Assume that smart contracts requiring external data become mainstream and the crypto API economy reaches the same size as the regular API economy now.
Let’s take the “hobbyist” from nordicapis.com as equivalent to a NEET running a chainlink node. That’s 688,991 calls per month. Per year it’s 8,267,892 calls. Say you charge $0.01 per call, which nordicapi reports, and is the minimum Oraclize charges. That’s $82,678.92 a year. IBM Watson charges $0.0025 per call which would be $20,669.73 per year.

Docusign says for their API that "You may not exceed 1,000 API requests per account per hour". Lol, ok so 1000 per hour is 24,000 a day, times 1 cent per job is $87,600 per year per node operator. With 19,000 node operators (Sergey's number) serving 1000 API requests per hour that's a total revenue of all nodes of $1,664,400,000 per year. That’s only 0.08% of $2.2 trillion (estimated total value of API economy in 2018).
>However it’s unlikely all 19,000 nodes will be high level business, many will probably be hobbyists

I don’t think Chainlink nodes will receive that many jobs upon mainnet launch. But as the smart contract economy grows it will need more and more APIs. I would strongly suggest running a link node and holding it until mainstream adoption.

First, I would be wary of going all in with staking. We do not know if the staking nodes are secure or not. It would be an impossible thing to swallow if someone stakes his whole stack only for the contract to be hacked or whatever...Tread carefully anons. Don't go all in without taking precautions.

>We do not know if the staking nodes are secure or not.
Yes user. It will be a gradual process. I plan to take no more than 20% of my LINK at the start to see how things pan out.

Good risk tolerance. I'm thinking like 10% for me and take it from there. Not gonna risk my one and only chance of escaping wagecuckery for being greedy and retarded.

Stake until you're comfortable with selling it all.
I'll stake 100% of my linkers.

Attached: 1505594838465.jpg (638x676, 122K)

man you're in for a surprise when they pull their exitscam fren

>tfw audited the Link code earlier
>noticed the exit scam command

Phew, anyone else glad they avoided this SCAM

will the machine you run the node on gotta be open 24/7?
what if it shuts down unexpectedly (p.e. power outage), do you get penalized?

Thanks for the warning! Market sold all 20k of my linkers. phew

I think that if you stake link won't it maybe make it insecure for your investments, who's holding your staked link? Why do you have to stake it honestly couldn't the trust be guaranteed via just reward?.
t. 2000link

>I would strongly suggest running a link node and holding it until mainstream adoption.
This, I'm a system engineer so I'll maintain a node on AWS instead of getting jewed by linkpool for 25%. But I plan to do it as soon as mainnet is out, to get a feel of the most used data etc.., I think everyone will make a node with flight or weather data, the trick to make money would be to find niche data sources, like mortuary data sources (I don't even know if it exists) of who died, to be able to use inheritence smartcontracts, or new stuff like that...
We might even be able to get dashcam data or vehicular networks data and standardize it to provide it to insurance companies, or DNA testing data to provide to child support authorities, etc...
The idea is that the sky is the limit when it comes to this, and being early on it not only means we're going to make money off chainlink and node operating, but also being early to the smart contract game, and being able to detect new opportunities and start ups that's make us richer.
I hope the idea is clear, since my english isn't 10/10.

Read the wipaypa

WHat a lot of people are missing is that fees are charged in FIAT and paid in LINK. So if you're earning $87k in 2019 LINK, and LINK appreciates relative to the dollar, you'll end up with a lot more $ than that in 2023 LINK.

I had a vision of earning 2.8 LINK per day, which was $280 a day.

stinking

Attached: 1515728913982.png (656x522, 34K)

node operator.

I’ve got just under 3k link I want to stake 50% of it but idk If I want to do that just yet. I want to try and trade and get to 1 btc then buy more link. Just .75 btc to go lol

Good. You don’t deserve more than that.