/Sales/

Is it true that if you're a salesman, you need to work to be liked by every one of your colleagues in the office if you wanna make it in sales, or is that some bullshit meme created by normie salespersons?

If this is the case, then how exactly competitive IS sales and what does it even mean?

Attached: sales-project-management-750x400.jpg (750x400, 123K)

im gonna redpill you OP. if youre a salesman you need to... sell

What did he mean by this then?

Attached: Untitkjhasdled.png (1301x149, 17K)

Know your product
Know your market
Tweak pitches and call times as you learn more about your leadpool

But what about all this socializing stuff i'm being told about, that it's so detrimental to your career in sales and everything

>10 years inside sales here
Mostly true. Its a cutthroat racket. Stealing prospects and leads, sabotaging your call ins, and just generally putting you in a downer are common place. The 80-20 rule is in full effect. 20% of the force makes 80% of the money

But does that apply to certain industries/sales departments which are big and have lots of employees or is that just a universal rule when it comes to sales?

Of course, sales interviews are about looks, you also are reading shit while being recorded on camera.
So Chad, and no voicelet.
I've seen about 2 chubby extroverted mommy types make it. But vast majority are ex models Chad's and stacies unironically.
Agreeability and looks.
Autists don't even need to bother.

Are you trolling or just the same guy that made that post in the first place

hes not trolling. i work in tech sales, made 130k last year, some ppl on my team have done 500+

its unironically staceys and chads who do well. i came to this board last summer searching for link info. never going back so dont bother telling me to faggots.

bout to drive in, ill be back in an hour and a half. ama (see what i did there faggots)

Had 5 jobs, 4 in marketing online/promotional items and one in manufacturing, prefab steel buildings and was true 100% of the time.
The fact is, as a business owner you want the best sales people to have the best leads to maximize profits. The others end up being account cleaners that clear out dead leads and set up your killers. Read glen garry/ glen Ross. Its basically the game plan everywhere.

i hate the defeatist attitude on this board here. read some books you fucking faggots, read joe girard, harry browne, frank bettger. autists are the best sales people on teh planet if they weaponize their autism. but of course with this defeatist attitue you will never get anywhere.

1 post by my ID nigga. Speaking of experience. I see at least 10 pharma sales fags per annum
Plus a family member works as exec in pharma, made his way up from sales.
Now where do I troll?
Do you have any input? Nope. Kys faggot

I don't seem to understand anything anymore. On one hand i'm more fascinated by reading the theory and applying it as i advance, but on the other hand guys like
make it seem like there's absolutely no other chance to succeed unless you're born with an innate personality to make it in sales.

Go back to plebbit to for comfy feels and upvotes :) !

You are twisting the things said here.
There is chance. It's analogical to studying redpill materials, lifting, improving appearance..you can score 7/10 on the merit of hard work.
Chad enters the room just beeing himself. Leaves with three 10s.
That will be the sale experience for you, if you can handle it you can make it.
I repeat, I've come to contact with about 90% Chads/Stacie's
10% agreeable mommy types who radiate comfyness
Not a single autist.

Can confirm 90-10 rule. I work on a sales floor of roughly 100, most are alpha dominant type, some are not. All that are old and tenured are confident af

>hurr durr muh plebbit
enjoy your shitty life loser

youre giving up before you even gave it a solid shot
I work in sales and Im running circles around braindead normies because I study this shit and know wtf Im doing

Most legit salespeople aren't sitting around an office, wasting time, they're on the road meeting clients and selling their shit. The salespeople in my company are all over the country, and work out of their homes, and only meet everyone else once a year at the annual sales meeting.
Making it in sales means selling the most shit, hitting all the goals, and breaking the record for all the bonuses, and winning sales awards. My company gives away a car every year to the top salesperson, they all make bank - or they're let go.
Sales is ALL competition.

The only segment those rules don't apply to are maybe telemarketers. Sales is sales. You make them, or you don't work as a salesperson.
Even retail sales are brutal, especially commission sales.

I want to give it a solid shot man, i just feel completely clueless of what to expect. There's no point in setting up your confidence, awareness and energy for something you'll be turned out to be proven wrong is there? I just need to know 100% for sure what i'm in for, besides the actual sale itself.

Most companies I've worked for, including the one I work for, won't hire you and put you out on the street, unless you have experience. If you want sales, go work for one of the huge companies, and get into the fast track to be trained as a salesperson. A LOT of places will hire without a degree, but you're not gonna walk in the door and represent a company for big bucks unless you have experience. The good news is, some companies still train for it. You'll shadow the decent guys, or be in a class and work the rungs up to a sales position. Once you get some serious sales under your belt, you can change industries and work your way up to the big money.

You can try it on a small scale, do it part time, as a side job. Go work a kiosk at a mall, see how good you are at selling people shit they don't want. Go sell used cars. SELL SOMETHING. That will tell you what to expect.

I'm not a salesperson. I tried it early on, and learned that. It's cool. Some people can, some can't. You can only know 100% by trying it - and you're gonna work the rungs up to the good jobs.

>Even retail sales are brutal, especially commission sales.

I was thinking of getting myself wet by selling some high end fashion clothes at a shop near me. Is it as much killer competition as it is in actual sales tho? Because to me it seems like a usual blue collar job that shouldn't even have that much competition to begin with since everyone can do it.

I do have some experience, like selling healthy foods at a mall kiosk and burger king. Don't know what that amounts to because i was in it for the job, not so much for the sales experience itself but i hope i can manage to make a good story out of it in my CV

i heard Xerox has the best sales training around.

Bump for that question related to retail because that's my only chance right now if i wanna get rid of my job as a porter in a fucking Hotel

I'm way more on the winning scale.
Life is shitty, Sherlock, otherwise you wouldn't end up here.
You don't really want to /make it/
You want platitudes and feel-good motivation quotes, to assure that wagedesk job is fulfilling your life.
Go back to your site.