Town Crier

>Town Crier
>Hosted for free by Microsoft
>Not just an azure bullshit host this is in their internal data center

You do the math user, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Attached: 565EEAFB-05AA-4F1E-BB93-25B7B5E5C7C4.jpg (640x327, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/bl4ck5un/Town-Crier/blob/master/win/TLSlib/TLSlib.vcxproj
eprint.iacr.org/2016/168.pdf
browserspy.dk.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yikes do they not have any money? This might drain Chainlink’s coffers????

github.com/bl4ck5un/Town-Crier/blob/master/win/TLSlib/TLSlib.vcxproj

Bump.
If this thread slides but pointless LINK threads arguing about price predictions and normies not understanding decentralised oracles I’ll be sad and mad.

Sergey's been funding Town Crier for a long time.
And now he owns the project, so all that investment will pay dividends directly to Chainlink.
Talk about money well spent.

Let's hear Vitalik whine about Sergey's ICO money now.
What the fuck have Vitalik's little pets (OMG, Kyber) done with their ICO money?

did they also get the website for free? looks like a 5 year old made it in excel

Attached: tc.png (1188x746, 141K)

Has there been other crypto projects that just outright bought a competitor or partner like this before? Merger and acquisition instead of developing their own alternative.

I was thinking the same. Bold move by Sergey

I like it. Buy out competitors that offer complements to smart contracts and oracles. You don't need an ICO to improve smart contracts, just code. If your coin is increasing in value you will have the dosh to make the acquisitions too plus paying them in the chainlink vests them to the overarching project

Pretty amazing.

TC is an absolute beast, just look at the credentials:
eprint.iacr.org/2016/168.pdf

And now everyone who even looks at trusted execution environments / hardware enclaves / ... sideways is going to have to go through Chainlink; aka smartcontract dot fucking com.

Sergey is cornering the future of smart contracts.

>looks like a 5 year old made it
Bet you won't say the same about their actual work: eprint.iacr.org/2016/168.pdf

Brainlet here, what am I looking at user, can you dumb it down for those of us not that technical?

Tbf they don't HAVE to use CL but I see no reason to go the extra mile to implement TC directly.

Ctrl + f “Microsoft”
What do you see?

They do HAVE to use CL now. That’s the implication of this merger. Until now it was possible to implement TownCrier independently of chainlink. Now, anyone using TownCrier will have to do so via chainlink. Situation is flipped on its. Pic related, from Clovyr.io

Attached: 8F6A7C47-B819-4367-8C4A-31D8BCF16E89.jpg (640x747, 112K)

That they made it in visual basic?

"Competitor"
"Founder co-wrote the chain link white paper"

The absolute state of linkies

love their work but you got to admit the website is pretty shit

Attached: berkshire.png (1427x759, 56K)

it's put together by phd computer scientists, they don't need anything fancy

>The absolute state of shills.
Did you see they use golang? Google partnership confirmed!

openenclave.io
Any confirmation that Fan Zhang is now a part of Chainlink?

HOLY SHIT.
It's hosted on a windows server.

Really? Source?

this is actually bullish for chainlink

Riddle user here. Were're all assblasters here. Do you want to believe? I think we should combine effort to get as vast as possible understanding about what TC merging and enclave computing means for CL and smartcontracts. Here's my two cents. Executing only the code that's needs to be distributed to ensure end to end trustlessness on Ethereum, this tremendeously helps with scaling issues. I'm not intuitively fully grasping what this more spesifically means for on-chain computing. Would it turn eth into somekind of a data storage and guiding mechanism for chainlink. Link token contains the information on which based upon nodes know what api-calls to make and also which contract to contact and then this contract activates enclaves that actually fullfil the contract. Ethereum is actually a very small part of what ChainLink is. This is just some stream of consciousness. Hopefully other anons feel inspired to chime in. Humbledly yours, ra

So what type of businesses will need Town Crier?

>openenclave.io
It's running nginx. I highly doubt if its hosted on Windows Server.

They literally say thanks to Microsoft for hosting us. Why would they say that if they were paying for a standard service? Microsoft is a member of IC3, they are obviously closely connected.

Fml I invested in OMG and Kyber in 2017 and got cucked by that autistic little pedofag

Most of Azure's infrastructure is running on Linux. Yes, as a customer I can spin up Windows Server boxes but in Microsoft's data centers they're mostly running Linux.

>You do the math user, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Literally nothingburger. Carry on.

PS.Sage

This...and it isn't hosted on Microsoft anymore. Check the url in browserspy.dk. The webserver is on AWS.

>The webserver
Yikes. Is this the iq of link holders?

Also, the most important thing by far. These are all partners of IC3. TownCrier is like THE MAIN project of IC3.
All I'm saying is, connect the dots and you will see that even $1000 won't be enough for LINK.

Strap in, boys.

Attached: 1541083800154.jpg (1437x2960, 411K)

Why is Chainlink partnered with a mattress company?

Friendly reminder, Town Crier is literally a university project by a bunch of college kids and teachers (those that can’t do, teach) and Chainlink actually spent precious ICO funds for it. KEK!

I would like to get a technical rundown on the differences between town crier, openenclave.io and iexec

Cuz we are /comfy/

Attached: DB8D699D-29A6-435A-BF28-369911166AF0.png (750x1334, 1.26M)

pretty much every big project in existence was created by university students and their professors

And what kind of project is BTC?

bought at 9000 sats guess im a bagholder now

Kek. Based.

Attached: 1541119593421.jpg (1280x1280, 279K)

You might be a bag holder now, but they will call you a visionary in the future.

Any company that wants to make a private computation using information derived from public blockchains.

I'm pretty sure they were in the talks from the beggining. This wasn't buying the competition. This was bringing the golden child home.

>Tbf you don't have to buy the whole combo in McDonald's to get a Big Mac.

You still need to get inside McDonald's.
And they will make pretty obvious that you will get a better deal buying the whole package rather than the individual pieces

Anyone that need automated payments triggered by smartcontracts since town crier allows you to let the Smartcontract use your private keys to sign transactions without anyone actually seeing your private keys. TEE will become the default digital payment agreement after credit cards. Either credit cards die or they integrate to the blockchain providing the same service to customers but using the blockchain and digital wallets instead rather than private databases and banks.
After that crypto currency loans will become a thing and the rest will be history.
The entry point for anyone to become a bank will be lowered.
That's Sergeys vision. Empower the average Joe in any way possible

Chainlink is doing what a lot of big tech companies are doing, merging with a competitor/partner. Chainlink looks like a legitimate project now desu.

Check out LendingBlock. They are using Town Crier.

Quick witted and redpilled

Now they're using Link

>worries about look and feel of website
>normie tier
Not going to make it user.

Attached: alone.jpg (1600x1193, 83K)

Thanks. Just sold 100K BERK-A

Yup :)

Jej

you forgot the word "chink" and "student" user

The Oracle War was just won.

Attached: sun_tzuey.jpg (809x451, 199K)