Precious Metals

How many of you currently incorporate precious metals into your investment assets?

I have a few oz of silver, and plan on adding around 200-500 more over the next couple months.

Many banks and world governments are buying up the stuff, and it seems like a good asset to have in the event of a fiat collapse.

Attached: 37749248-d-affaires-financier-banque-argent-réserves-concept-pile-de-barres-d-argent-dans-le-fond-d (1300x812, 156K)

kill yourself

I hodl some Cameco stocks.

y tho fren

I bought 500oz silver and 6 oz gold with some of my crypto gains just in case

>Many banks and world governments are buying up the stuf
except for the non-retard ones.

Nice! I wanted to get into some gold, but I'm just too much of a poorfag. I can only afford a few oz st the most.

Based and redpilled. Molten salt reactors are the future, though.

It's like 5% or less of my portfolio
I really love physically holding gold and silver but always feel like a retard for not just buying crypto
It's not nearly as volatile at least
I don't regret buying gold late last year, but I sure would have regretted buying bitcorn

That's the thing. I really dont see silver and gold collapsing unless we find a way to mine it in bulk from astroids. Cant say the same for paper money and definitely crypto.

So buy some and keep it less than 5%. I hope to never use mine and that it just remains a retarded hobby because that means all my other investments are doing well.

What if I'm anticipating a worldwide collapse and a return to a gold and silver backed economy?

It could be like the wild west again, with the man with the most gold and silver being the most powerful.

Probably should buy ammo too then.

Already covered ;)

But good point

Your govt will just take your precious metals by force anyway

That is a retarded power fantasy and the only thing more retarded is your perception of what a collapse like that would actually be like

I have around 8 ounves gold and 60 ounces of silver

Same value in crypto

I collect gold coins so it is more like a hobby. In a great financial crash all goes to the shitter : stocks,pm,cryptos, commodities....the only good things in that case are having a family/group,fuel, a gun, ammo and enough food

Only if they know i bought it...but they dont
If they know what i bought they can even confiscate crypto...happened here in germany already several times
Both are equally good/bad...both are good stores of value but NO INVESTMENTS...saying you want a stable currency while investing in gold/crypto to make profits contradicts itself. People that want this shall be shot on sight because they are the reason this system failed. Money is not meant for making profits...thats kikery

Asteroid mining : well not very realistic. Moreover they would have to contain much gold...would be good for me thos cause i could have a larger coin collection

Nah senpai. I already have canisters to bury in multiple undisclosed places. Cant steal what you cant find.

No u. Silver has always had value in times of war and political strife. The retard here is you.

I’m not asking for financial advice but why does anyone buy metal? They talk about crashes and blah blah blah but it won’t happen with USD. Do people think that during some crisis the dollar drops, someone will give $1,000 instead of $100 for the same silver because the value do the dollar dropped and so someone hopes that the dollar rises again so that $1,000 is a bigger value?

They do not realize what money devaluation means

Of course you will get more money for that ounce...lets say 1,000,000 dollars per ounce...but the buying power will not change

Silver is cheap as shit right now, it could x10 easily

Spending power will be higher though.

Everyones 1000 dollars will still be 1000 dollars in a dollar collapse, but your 15 dollar is of silver will readjust for inflation, keeping your wealth intact.

simple.

just got 300 oz of silver bars (1 oz and valcambi grams). am i gonna make it?

If you dont make it, you wont lose it either.

I'm going to go for the 10oz bars from APMEX. They have a low premium and are large, but small enough to offload fairly quick if I need to. I want to fill my gun safe with silver.

a guy pawnshop owner told me to not buy bigger than 5 oz bars because once they go higher the rate of counterfeits go up dramatically higher and then they have to drill into your bar to make sure it's not filled with a cheaper metal. you dont want to need a power drill just to sell.

Even the certified bars? I wondered about this, but thought recognized mints were somehow immune to that kind of thing.

I thought about only buying silver eagles for this reason, but the premium is too damn high. Like 3 dollars over spot.

you shouldnt have to pay more than 50 cents to $1.50 max over spot if you buy 1 oz and 5 oz bars, depending on how many you buy at once