Is silver safe?

Around 2005 silver value went way up. For the last few years it has crept back down. At it’s height it was $35 an .oz now it’s $14-15. I had been wanting to buy some bars for a few years now, but it keeps going lower. Any finance guys know at what point a wage slave schmuck like me should start buying bars. It’s not for my finances. I want to leave it to my sons. I couple boxes of precious metal for my two favorite guys.

Attached: D9A19D3F-3032-4432-B562-1751C3249FB8.jpg (220x220, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=9439
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you dont intend to sell it in your life then its not something you can really quantify as an investment. Think of it as coming out of your kids toy budget. Its a good time to buy silver right now. Its low. Get coin silver, 90% silver half dollars. They have q chance of appreciating in collectibility. Already carry a premium over quarters and dimes, can always be spent if they just figure out how to create silver syntherically or something.

This shit will be $7/oz sooner than later.

You metal shills are so fucking annoying

If you want to preserve your wealth buy Bonds and Antiques

when you adjust for inflation you are paying the same for silver now as it was 1973

should be buying gold not silver desu

>buy bonds

do you understand that bonds are the most unsafe investment known to man? your investments are going straight into debt fucking retard

precious metals are the only sound money that have been used for thousands of years and never experienced any type of inflation. Gold still can buy what it could 100 years ago.

Kill yourself zoomer faggot, you know nothing about investing

No it's not safe.
medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=9439

Attached: silverbug.jpg (270x286, 16K)

US Treasuries or Munis are the safest bonds.

stay mad :)

Attached: 1537598114192.png (483x413, 20K)

>TFW your entire rebuttal is strawman.png

The absolute state of Jow Forums

Kill yourself. Uncle Sam won't pay out that paper money in an economic crisis faggot

>buying and holding stocks long-term entitle you to a 6% per annum real return

if you bought the nikkei at peak, 30 years later you'd still be underwater

Attached: file.png (918x1020, 113K)

Attached: file.png (1824x974, 128K)

your entire argument is that 'le debt is bad'
Spoken like a true tinfoil hat

thats not the point of the image
also
>comparing the island nation of japan to the 50% world marketshare that is America
Lol.

Attached: 1504149463531.png (346x649, 86K)

Company earnings have been increasing substantially and continue to rocket up. So obviously the p/e ratio is high

You need to study what the implication of a high p/e ratio is, because its not bearish

>fuck valuation and fundamentals, it's always good to buy the top of the market

Attached: file.png (720x480, 436K)

Doesn't matter. You know, your mother knows, even fucking Tyrone knows we are at unstable levels in the markets while overdue for a sizable correction. Meanwhile, the U.S. is provoking WWIII and here you are shilling stocks and bonds.

Spoken like a true Amerimutt patriotic burger.

How many decades do you have to wait for the government to have an economic crisis?
I'm not even interested in treasury bonds, since I don't like investing in oppression and suffering. But facts are facts. It took Rome centuries to collapse. The US empire could take longer.

in an economic crisis the us government will just print more paper to pay for whatever the fuck it wants

Factoring in dividends you might be about even.

You think it works that way, cuckold? If that was the case, as user mentioned above, ROME would still be standing. FIAT money is not infallible and never will be. When everyone abandons the shitty USD, (which has been happening since Russia and Japan have been selling off U.S. debt), everyone who holds the U.S. dollar (Amerimutts and boomer stock faggots) will be fucked. Meanwhile, PHYSICAL precious metals will be the only chad standing, as crypto can't scale

Im sorry you hate America so much you refuse to acknowledge we are your overlords and our markets will never go down again, but these are just the facts

lol salty ignorant metalcuck

>our markets will never go down again
New paradigm!!1!

None of the finance guys have the capability to give you a real answer as to when to buy silver because no one really knows. At its current price, it seems as good a time to buy as any because it's down from its 2011 time high of $49/ounce. It's possible that silver can go much lower if there is a liquidity crisis but no one knows when that will occur, either.

What I can say with a fair degree of certainty, though, is that fairly high inflation (in excess of 5%) is on the horizon. Even if you buy silver now and it were to fall 50% in price due to a liquidity, I'm essentially 100% certain that the central banks' response will be to reflate the system which will likely bring on the high inflation that they have claimed for the past 7 years that haven't been able to hit. At that point, silver will go up quite a bit as it and other commodities will catch up to inflation and perhaps even overshoot it.

If you do buy it, just don't get shaken out of it and don't buy more than you can afford to lose. I very seriously doubt silver will ever go to zero, unlike cryptocoins, but it might stay at a depressed price for a few years. You do not want to have a personal liquidity crisis that will force you to sell at a depressed price.

Silver is so safe when it goes to 0$ you still have it. As long as you bought the phizz.

'Obummers gonna make the economy collapse, invest in bullets & precious metals'

Crack, sips

When the Fed Reserve is now raising interest rates beyond 3%? Gtfo nigger

Attached: brainlet1.jpg (638x558, 64K)

Thanks for giving me something to digest.

My decision has nothing to do with politics. I want to leave my children something nice.

You spend way too much time at ZeroHedge.

Silver isn't rare.

It's a safer commodity than fiat and cheaper than gold. Use volume to leverage profit = win.

Attached: rabbi.jpg (550x721, 116K)

silver would be below the usd i guess

>he thinks higher rates means metals will go up
Oh sweet little boy, it means the opposite

Silver has the most use cases of all the precious metals. Large banks have been stock piling this shit for years now and suppressing the price. Silver will be over $400 OZT when the next recession gets going.

>Historical correlation between a reversal in the stock market vs precious metals
So raising the interest rates right after QE means a continued bull market? Humor me

Attached: 3.jpg (1024x912, 100K)

when interest rates are low, the opportunity cost of "investing" in a static asset that yields nothing is comparatively lower than when rates are higher and you can make a lot more money from owning e.g. bonds. hence a rise in rates tends to decrease speculative demand for things like precious metals.

Oh you poor little retarded child. Let me explain... Politics made it pump to $35 especially the boomers who couldn't cope with a nigger president, their cognitive dissonance dictated the world would end or at the very least the entire economy would collapse. They could live out all their favorite John Wayne & dirty Harry scenes in real life because they invested in bullets and metals & could shoot undesirables at will in their utopian fantasy-land.
But...
None of that shit happened regardless of how much they craved it and silver farted out back to it's natural price.
Metals are a hedge, a tether... Not a moonshot investment mmm,Kay?

Weve been in QT, still Higher highs and higher lows in the American stock market
Dollar is also strong and getting stronger, totally bullish for metals amirite? XD

I'm betting on an another american recession hence why I'm tethering my assets to precious metals. If the bond market is good then why did China, Japan, Russia and others recently dumped all their U.S bonds?
Yawn. same boomers and X'ers who said the Housing and Stock Market wasn't going to crash back in '06.

literally every single financial advisor including warren buffet was saying stay out of the market by 2008 you dumb kid

>If the bond market is good then why did China, Japan, Russia and others recently dumped all their U.S bonds?
they didnt you fucking moron
They have to buy american bonds because of their shit currencies, and they still are
why lie?

China’s currency isn’t really shit because it’s backed by gold, something they’ve been accumulating heavily for a while now. Russia knows that the US dollar is going to be worthless soon, which is why they’re dumping

Peter Schiff called it out way before that boomer.
No they aren't moron, there's a trade war and they're dumping US bonds and in turn hoarding tonnes of gold. Stay rekt when the flippening happens.

Attached: brainlet0.png (282x179, 4K)

Nice, you convinced one NEET communist in the world to buy gold
Whos paying you to spew these lies?
The only reason bonds were dumped in bulk is because of interest rates (which hurts metals even more). Before it was a bubble while us was 0%,
Now the countries are buying treasuries. And as you can see, metals remain limp as fuck

The biggest shift of wealth is about to occur when the market crashes. Look at china dude, they’re in free fall. Look at Japan, Germany, and Canada. America will soon follow and the dollar and bonds will be worth literally nothing and gold, silver, and cryptos will be the only curriencies of value. My best guess is that shit will hit the fan on the 12th

>At it’s height it was $35 an .oz
No, at its height it was $47/oz

Dollar price is silver doesn't matter you idiots. I own lots of silver and I want the dollar price to go down because that means the govt isn't out of control anymore.

When you buy silver you don't want it to go up in price like you want your Amazon stock to go up in price.

God you guys are dumb

It will hit $100/oz one day. If you buy silver, don't plan on selling for at least 10 years

Everything collapses except precious metals...and crypto. Son, crypto will be worth nothing if everything else crashes. Fake internet money backed by nothing with no easy usage goes right out the door once the neets trading it can't get their weekly allowances from Mommy & Daddy.

Mike Maloney plz

What if you bought $1 worth of BTC in the 1800's?!?!

>a $1 gold coin in 1871 is currently only worth $5
>intentionally picks 6 years after the civil war to ignore the massive amount of wealth people lost
i dunno guy, not only is this chart fake but i have two relatives who lost massive amounts in the stock market and we've all seen people jump out of those wallstreet skyscrapers.