/smg/ - stock market general

heterosexuality is a sin edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books: pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 317141 sample itodome see_through seifuku wet_clothes yuri.jpg (1200x1500, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investor.galectintherapeutics.com/news-releases/news-release-details/galectin-therapeutics-inc-announces-positive-preliminary-results
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Yuri

disgusting

Attached: smgay2.jpg (500x646, 89K)

GPRO AHHHHHH

Attached: 1541197788528.png (1270x1012, 1.14M)

Give it to me straight, /smg/.

How bad is Monday going to be?

Attached: 1510305808364.png (460x276, 242K)

Does anybody ever talk about forex on this board?

Time to dust off those kneepads.

green

no its not
any male mc in romantic anime/manga/ln/vn are either a. too much of an emotional faggot or b. le edgy non-feeling douche
yuri is way more palatable than is male x female romance
yaoi is cute though

amd is looking mighty fine with their plans for the 6th
start talking, fag

Attached: 1522841650738.jpg (462x461, 87K)

-10%

if you're FAANG your FUUCKED

FAANG is probably going to have a bad Monday, but I don't think the market as a whole will be too negatively impacted by it

The main reason I don't like yuri is because it reminds me of one lesbian I used to know who had BPD and pisses me off by association
I don't really have any problem with it as a genre

>tech

not the sector for me, fampai

Attached: 1539975306743.jpg (1550x1893, 349K)

Start deep red into reversal when the PPT steps in.

wtf I'm gay now

nikkei is hours away to death

Brexit deal had a breakthrough today. Green as fuck confirmed.

I do not believe that until I see Barnier or Junker confirm it, because the amount of fake leaks/news of UK origins has been absurd.

Attached: 1540556155943.png (427x576, 310K)

really what was it?

>there are people who actually believe FAANG isn't massively overvalued

Attached: 1539402519091.jpg (1157x1200, 121K)

Thoughts on the election?
>Democrats win -> Bear market starts now. NQ hits 6k within a week.
>Republicans win -> Bull market continues until at least Q1 2019 with new highs
>Split -> ????
I'm thinking slower bull but not sure.

All fags will hang on the day of the rope

How much money do I need to get a qt trap gf?

Attached: 1536383269248.png (991x672, 206K)

>muh rope day

lmaoing at your impotent Jow Forums rage

Attached: 1535908286386.png (753x875, 407K)

>Theresa May has reportedly secured concessions from Brussels to keep the whole of the UK in a customs union in the wake of Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union.

>Reaching an agreement would prevent the need for Northern Ireland to be treated differently from the rest of the UK, a main stumbling block during Brexit negotiations.

Democrat House + Republican Senate = things, from legislative and House-reliant policy stay as they are now, as the legislation/Congress-reliant policy grinds to a gridlock.

So no new Tax Cuts.

Things will still be bullish if there's an even split, it just means that it will be a pain getting new legislation through, etc.

what's the source

you keep saying that but i dont think you really mean it

Attached: 21.png (2550x3300, 1.64M)

Television news but I live in Germany. If you're not in Europe your media might not report it yet.

Gonna be a slightly green day maybe indexes up 0.10 percent or so, people aren't gonna panic buy or sell till Wednesday when they see the results of the election. Blue wave will induce panic selling, red wave will keep the bull market going.

;_; me lost mine

the only pure sexual desire am human dismemberment

Attached: 20180614_213342.jpg (1051x456, 270K)

I'm in the uk

red day

Attached: 1535778961982.gif (1046x1000, 665K)

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're safe.

Reminds me of a doujin where a mom and her young daughters drugged a couple high school girls to keep them as livestock and then butchered them.

Attached: 1534902288036.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

murder is truly the purest form of human love

Attached: drink the ketchup kneepads.png (434x304, 199K)

just got off the phone with Monsieur Bogandoff, he sais this dip is a bear trap and we should go all in on FAANG

Attached: PzClvxA.jpg (657x527, 40K)

Are LCI and AMRN still buys? I'm kinda hesitant, afraid the gain might be over for them.

>88% of the time the day after elections is a green day
>market typically does excellently during gridlock sessions

I expect it slight green regardless of the outcome.

It'll be fine. Anyone who wanted to go all cash before the election has already done so.

At what point will the double dividend tax go away? It's basically theft as is. I feel like Trump would reform that shit, but I've never read anything about it.

Probably the same time that they lift PDT rules

Attached: Screenshot_20181104-114046.png (1440x2560, 151K)

you gotta step up your meme game

Attached: Comfy and Planes (aka Big5guy).jpg (1377x744, 110K)

I wanna be resurrected as a cute lesbian

Attached: bad.jpg (400x590, 34K)

>wanting to be weaker, more neurotic, and have a period

Attached: 1512633393808.jpg (500x960, 92K)

yes

>shorts the housing market

Attached: 1529558894778.png (770x775, 304K)

just identify as a woman and berate any lesbian who won't suck your boyclit

Attached: 1540158976027.jpg (247x250, 7K)

this basically, castrate yourself if you want to be really authentic

Attached: say it with me madam president.jpg (720x387, 57K)

NEM > ABX

i got 300 on robinhood. should i sort atvi? PLEASE tell me what to do, need to make a play tomorrow before midterms and yes GOP will be winning

why would you short them they just anounced a massive cash cow?

ok well that was a stupid idea then. wtf should i do? fxi calls?

VTI

target? expiry? or just the stock?

You'd be better off buying 8 shares of SPYD with only $300. That's just my opinion, though.
Without margin and I'm not sure how difficult it is to borrow atvi, you won't have much profit on $300 for the risk involved.

i just want to multiply my 300 by a factor of 10. is that so much to ask? need some risky play

Attached: index.jpg (207x244, 6K)

careful, whole stock market might be rolling over heading for a 1 year bear market..

>GOP will be winning
Go all in on the highest leveraged etf you can find

The current narrative is that the Senate will stay red, house will turn blue

Yeah, that is so much to ask.
If you're asking /smg/ what to do with $300 you should probably go with the safer bet of a market index until you've spent a few hundred hours studying how to play this game.
Otherwise the market will relentlessly rend your asshole.

Attached: 1541286733871.jpg (804x610, 128K)

Hi Im Momiji! Cant wait for the Rally this week! Green Day Green Week!

Attached: WHRbch0.png (2222x2222, 410K)

why?

hi momiji

Attached: 1535584809702.png (656x680, 218K)

we /november/ now

Attached: fuck october.png (852x295, 23K)

Attached: fuck october 2.png (846x288, 29K)

because they all got to pop sometime, especially right now

if they dont middle class will end up meaning permanent renters, not indebted homeowners

many US housing markets dont need a pop, but many international ones do

Attached: Australia+New+Zealand+Housing+Market+Chart[1].png (1248x741, 51K)

How long until GALT results come in?

This chart needs to be adjusted for inflation to be useful

cancer data already came, and it was good, but the market is retarded and didn't react appropriately

investor.galectintherapeutics.com/news-releases/news-release-details/galectin-therapeutics-inc-announces-positive-preliminary-results

There's a decent chance of a buyout by EOY, as well as various other catalysts coming up

>not wanting the increased majick potential and reagent that comes with menstra

Attached: theta.png (454x526, 86K)

Rarely, we're a bit too stupid I think, but if never hurts to start

>reagent

I suppose using your period blood to perform various chemical reactions would be a plus

Attached: 1535778014073.jpg (922x922, 496K)

What happened to her face? Did the prince use her face as his ashtray?

Woke

pricing index means it already is adjusted for inflation

Attached: RESIZE945485_10151662988381369_318766686_n[1].jpg (600x310, 56K)

Anyone in TTNP?

She lied one time too much.

The price of the m2 stayed constant because we could expand and live outside of the city thanks to transport. Now that that expansion is done, the price of m2 can only go up.

Of course taking into account the temporary bubbles. But we will never see the 100 level in your chart ever again

It does, but it's still insane, they look fucking exponential rn

heres a old decent credit-bread screencaps
search the archives at the date for more

also anything above 750 credit score is worthless, since thats all you need for any major loan

there used to be a massive alaskan autistic forex whale here a couple years ago
I think there is sometimes a forex- general still, but it dies out allot

im not the one who wrote on that image (random google search result) but i do know many foreign cities are in bubbles that dwarf 2008 levels

im not saying they must dramatically crash, but they need to start to come down soon or black swan event may happen to "fix" the housing bubble (vancouver, toronto, london, sydney/mellborn, auckland, hongkong...)

Attached: decent credit bread.png (1868x3320, 1.15M)

>anyone in ttnp?
Sadly yes, just gambling, bought at 0,6 feels fucking bad man. I was prepared to lose that moderate amount of money anyway

>no its not
>any male mc in romantic anime/manga/ln/vn are either a. too much of an emotional faggot or b. le edgy non-feeling douche
>yuri is way more palatable than is male x female romance
This.
>yaoi is cute though
Not this.

Attached: 282669-kindred-spirits-on-the-roof-screenshot.jpg (640x480, 51K)

I agree then

Fugg, that's biopharma >:(
Aren't you FtM anyway

Oh! You guys are right. That's crazy
Rip New Zealand

hey guys is 2000 enough to get a good foundation of stocks?

been wage slaveing the last year and had to spend 10k for a surgery but still got about 2.5kish left over

20 years old, both my parents are dead so living at mom and dad's isn't an option

Keep some savings. 2/3th of your total net in savings. If you don't have alot I would just put like 500 or whatever you can miss in a index fund monthly.

Don't gamble away what little you have left.

yea US housing market recovered already overall, unless your in midwest (you can buy houses for 4 figures on Ebay in my state lol)
and sanfransisco's prices are nothing compared to major cities in former UK colonies (and london)

id what they are going to do, since they are such small countries that foreigners have kept on inflating their bubbles since 2008 with nothing to stop them

watching london implode will be funny to watch, but its a shame Australia/canada/newzealand are even worse off right now, and their governments appear to be unwilling/unable to fix the problem

even if US survives the next housing bubble pop, the (first)world is going to have a nasty drop sometime within the next decade

the low population countries that only have 2-3 big cities are the ones who are going to be fucked next time around (which will of course effect the world, but not by nearly as much)

keep some money in the bank, but yes even $100 is enough to get started with as long as youre patient

saving and investing is a marathon, not a sprint

Attached: housing-valuations-graph-data[1].jpg (620x508, 91K)

This and only this, plus Facebook has more bad news to weigh everyone down

What website is this

My state is experiencing a housing bubble right now, with all the Californians coming in is driving housing prices through the roof. Farmers are starting to sell their farm land because they can make 15 years profit in a month by sub dividing it.
Internationally, the Chinese are the Californians of the world

robinhood.com

Attached: 1539734246727.jpg (1020x1360, 133K)

You have no safety net so that's what you need first. Save up six months worth of salary so you don't immediately starve in case you lose your job. You don't want to panic over bills while looking for a new gig. Then a few thousand extra as an emergency fund to cover expenses for accidents.

It sounds like a lot but you're extremely young. After that you can start investing any leftover money.

>robinhood.com
>tfw canadian

Attached: 1409196440404.jpg (266x245, 16K)

Yeah, same, I'm going to wait a couple years for the pop on the housing market here before scooping up a cheapie. That or move.

Facebook is fucked, they are a fad that got too powerful
GOOGl is stable and will probably continue to grow steadily long term, but they are a nice political punching bag in the short term
AMZN is unironically new paradigm business model, plenty of room to grow still if they keep expanding into new markets like they have been
NFLX is going to plateau soon if they havnt already, since only so many people watch TV (and there are plenty of streaming services competing now, along with new ones on the way)
AAPL has been overpriced for years imo, but the market disagrees with me on this so idk

yes, but USA has enough different housing markets that it pulls our average ones down

if Californians were a separate country that couldnt easily spread people back east to the rocky mountains they would be much worse right now

im a bit disconnected from the housing market, since Michigan has been in a 15+ year long recession when it comes to our housing market

but that will change when the water wars start, since we have 24% of the worlds fresh (liquid, non-groundwater) water in our borders

or when global warming destroys every coastline that isnt upstream from niagra falls

Attached: Heres-How-5-Tech-Giants-Make-Their-Billions-IG[1].jpg (796x2005, 377K)

Why is the bbc news web site so fucking garbage, it's like buzzfeed look at this shit. radio4 is prety much the only traditional news source worth listening to yet this is the website. It's literaly unusable.

Attached: Untitled.png (1040x639, 679K)