/LPG/ - LinkPool General

Discussion thread about shares price, future of this platform, potential revenue... etc.

What Is LinkPool?
>LinkPool is a ChainLink service provider with the ultimate goal of lowering the barrier to entry to becoming part of the ChainLink node network. Our aim is to allow people to easily earn passive income via staking, and also ease the amount of technical knowledge and experience required for running their own node. We achieve this by offering a easy to use and intuitive staking app and also a more hands-on Node as a service solution.

Linkpool's Services

>Staking Pool
>NaaS
>Consultancy & Managed Nodes

Official Website: linkpool.io/index.html
dApp: staking.linkpool.io/dashboard
DEX for Linkpool shares: staking.linkpool.io/dex
- - - - -

LinkPool Resources:
>FAQ linkpool.io/about.html
>Medium Articles medium.com/@linkpoolio
>Telegram t.me/linkpoolio

>Quick Rundown on the crowdsale

In order to get funding, LinkPool had a crowdsale from April 15 to July 31, 2018. Jonny & Mat sold 6.25% of the company to the crowdsale contributors. The capacity of the crowdsale was 1,000 ETH, of which only 701.2 ETH were sold. However, the Linkpool team decided to evenly distribute the unsold portion among contributors. After the crowdsale finished, the team distributed the shares, giving an extra 40% to everyone. These can be purchased through the DEx.

Why would I buy a share?
>You get 0.00625% of the Linkpool's revenue per share you hold. That includes DEX fees, NaaS subscription payments, 25% stakers fee and any other form of revenue for future Linkpool's products that are paid in LINK.

Current LP share price: 6 ETH / LP

Attached: Linkpool infographic.png (1377x5000, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/chainlink/running-a-chainlink-node-for-the-first-time-4988518c95d2
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What would it cost in eth to market buy 10 shares at the moment?

One of the original 186 here.

I spit on newlinkpooler scum.

I don't think there are even 10 shares available in the market right now. Most of the asks are about 0.08 shares and price ranges from 8-20 eth per share.

I will make a sell order of 10 LP shares for 150 ETH if you want. That will make you a top twenty holder.

Attached: 150122270152.png (1875x2510, 3.91M)

Could someone crunch the numbers? I don't have any ETH, just fiat. What is the rate rn, like 2x-3x ICO price?

It will also cost me 60k link, lol. I'm OK, thanks. Might see if linkpool j curves after the burger demand dies off.

Keep in mind a lot of people contributed when ETH was $300-850 so selling for less than 4 ETH is selling at a loss. I would say the price is barely x2 if we talk in fiat terms.

I have a little bit of fiat and 10k LINK. Should I buy shares or more LINK? How many shares do I need for getting access to early staking of 10k?

To be honest, nobody knows the exact numbers yet. Although there are people who speculated 1 LP share would allow you to stake 4-8K LINK

You will be able to stake all your link with the chainlink's dashboard.
You are better off by just buying Link tokens.
Fuck LP

Buy the minimum 0,04 share just in case, it is about 100-150$.

What's that speculation based on? Did they say how much LINK they will be ready to receive max at first? I'll be thinking about that for the next couple weeks.
A couple of things... I'm a tech brainlet, we don't have the most stable internet around here and I don't wanna lose my linkies. I don't give a fuck, 25% isn't that much for high reliability and top reputation.

Few cheap shares now actually, minimum just 0.42 ethereum.

>What's that speculation based on?

During the sign up in December 2017, they documented how many LINKs were people willing to stake with them, after obtaining that information they said their mid term goal is to maintain 700 nodes. If we assume the point of redundancy of a node (the point in which staking more LINK won't make you earn more Link) is ~10K Link (pure speculation, as I said, nobody knows yet),then 700 nodes * 10,000 Link = 7 million Link staked.

There are 1,000 shares, so... 7 million Link / 1,000 shares = 7k Link per share.

Yeah I'll see... the illiquid nature of it sucks of course. Maybe I'll put up a buy order at 7 or some shit and someone wants to cash out a tiny bit.

While nothing is definite at the moment, I'm mindful of the fact that Chainlink wants node operators, and that Thomas is amazing at providing assistance. I would consider paying a premium to lp out of pure laziness but I think the amounts people are asking (15x in this thread, for example) are massively overblown and not reflective of a reasonable risk assessment.
As you say, it may happen that Chainlink releases a really intuitive node operator interface in which case it would be absurd for me to sell 60k link, half my stack, just to have some profit sharing and hands off staking.
Having said that, I'm still kicking myself for not buying in to lp. I had 16eth ready to go but as I was filling out the form or asked for my target eth address, and I wasn't sure that a hardware wallet address would be valid, so I didn't pull the trigger. Then I just forgot, lol. Oh well, add it to the list of crypto fuck ups.

I see, I remember seeing a video maybe of the testnet with 20k LINK nodes so it could be double, that would be cool. Welp, waiting is the answer I guess. I'll play safe and buy a little.

>I wasn't sure that a hardware wallet address would be valid,
What was going through your mind at this time?

THC and caffeine

OP of this
AMA

Just a heads up.
>pic related
You can see the collection of Link fees from the DEx trades.

For every share you hold you will get 0.25 Link after that distribution cycle finishes only from the DEx.

Welcome friend, I created this thread precisely because lately I've seen lots of interesting discussions (your previous thread among them) scattered through the board. Feel free to copy the format for future threads.

Attached: Distribution_cycle.png (368x181, 6K)

I think that one of the more overlooked aspect in the valuation is that
linkpool nodes will more likely than not constantly have requests sent to them

having a profitable node isn't based on uptime and amt of link but mainly having requests sent to it.

that is to say, if you have a node, your node might not have a steady stream of jobs coming in
whereas linkpool probably will

investing in chainlink is investing in a utility token and its use case
investing in linkpool is investing in a business based on it.

for the lack of better analogies,
chainlink is an asset and linkpool is a business that aims to profit off of it

-gtr

>for the lack of better analogies
*basically,

We wouldn't be here if we were not deluded enough (in a positive way) to believe that Chainlink network is going to see major adoption in the following 5 years. Once we assume that (even if it's wrong) you can consider that investing in Chainlink is investing in the adoption of the network & speculative value of the token, while investing in Linkpool is betting for the adoption of the network, its usage and steady traffic.

it's a bet with an assumption that a prior bet works,
From what I think, once the speculative value of link is shown, linkpool will see a corresponding amount of fomo as well.

Despite seeing this as a very lucrative investment, I would sell my extra (from the bonus) at 30 if I could desu
I want a better link:linkpool ratio

>it's a bet with an assumption that a prior bet works.
>From what I think, once the speculative value of link is shown, linkpool will see a corresponding amount of fomo as well.
Agreed.

>I want a better link:linkpool ratio
Understandable. I'd like to have at least 5k Link per every LP share I hold, so I can entirely use my staking priority.

I bought .04 last night for .38 eth. I did it for access to staking right off the rip.
I fucked around on aws and wound up with an $80 bill just from syncing the eth blockchain I think (idk wtf I'm doing), so it was worth it imo

Lmao so at current prices I would need 100 ETH to stake my 110k link stack. So you basically need to hold 40k links worth for the privilage of staking 110k link and being charged a 25% fee. What the fuck is this scam?
This is a retard tax for people too thick to run their own nodes. I'll run my own node cheers mate

0.04 LP tokens for .38 eth?
wasn't the initial price 1 eth = 1 LP?

We have no idea what the numbers are going to be. The only info was a post by Mat Beale that 0.2 LP won't be enough to stake 250k Link.

kek, you're not paying to stake
that's actually free
you're paying for a share on the company's profits
see these

Jow Forumsraelis are already FOMOing in. I sold a sliver of my stack for 13x ICO price. I've covered my initial investment, and then some.

Why didn't you contribute into the crowdsale when the ratio was 1 ETH = 1.4 LP shares then?

Yes, but the supply is extremely limited and there is demand for it so the reasonable outcome is an increasing price.

For the same reason I don't invest in any ICOs, because most of them are scam money grabs. Go look at the charts for any ICO and see how they've all been utterly annihilated.
I admit that I missed out on profits by not investing in this, but I don't regret managing risks when I can't see the future. At this point, I don't see why I should get involved with LP.

If you are skilled enough to handle your own node, then it's extremely encouraged to run your own node. The network needs node operators. If not, Linkpool is the best current option for people without the required tech background to obtain a passive income.

>I don't see why I should get involved with LP
Because Jow Forums says so and there's practically 0 volume in their dex showing that even chinks and pajeets are steering clear hth

stay poor
jk
you'll probably get rich (slowly but surely tho)
I guess it's just not for your investor profile

Despite my previous tone, no hate for you linkpoolers. Were all marines at the end of the day and will make it.

Cause burger with no friends abroad

I was wondering what the hell was this. Thanks for explaining. What about the rewards in general? 1 share gives me 0.00625% of LP's total revenue right? Per month? Year? So $62.5 for 1 million and so on. Not bad. I can see LP easily getting tens of millions in revenue in a few years.

we're all FRENS in this together!

I see the linkpool team is STILL shilling their scam of a project

you didn't lose by not buying the ico
eth has tumbled like mad since then, their ico bags are pretty much at cost

>Thanks for explaining.
You are welcome

>What about the rewards in general? 1 share gives me 0.00625% of LP's total revenue right?
Exactly, it gives you a 0.00625% per distribution cycle. A bit more in the case of NaaS and DEx fees.

I'm not part of the Linkpool team though, just someone who invested on it and wants it to succeed.

Top 10 contributor here, I despise those pussies selling cheap shares

>lose
Top twenty here. Sold half a share out of boredom and wanting to see could I buy a full one back for the same price, I don't really care if I can or not to be honest.

Attached: 1531473825074.jpg (900x1200, 550K)

>AMA
If you had more LP shares than you could use for staking priority, how would you make money off that without selling the shares?

>You get 0.00625% of the Linkpool's revenue per share you hold. That includes DEX fees, NaaS subscription payments, 25% stakers fee and any other form of revenue for future Linkpool's products that are paid in LINK.

Even more if, apart from holding the share, you stake with them.

this
my valuation method never really relied on personal staking

but mainly on how much link would end up being staked through linkpool
such that even with zero link 1lp share would still be worth what my calculation said it would

I think too many people are buying it for staking

please note that having although having a share gives you priority staking
that’s only an advantage for the first few weeks or months

LinkPool's closed

I get all the math, but that's not what I'm asking. What if you had 10LP and only 1K LINK, and no fiat left to get more LINK. If you could stake 4K LINK for every LP share, you would have an extra contribution room of 39K LINK. How could you make money off of that cap room without selling your shares?

I didn't understand you at first, sorry.

Yup, that's a good question, I guess the only way to profit from that is staking in behalf of others for an additional fee (it would only work from people you know, I guess) or selling enough LP shares to have an adequate LP / LINK ratio

There is no trustless way to do what you are asking.
Interesting point to make here: Once everyone gets to stake on Linkpool after a few months the LP shares lose their staking priority, which should lead to them going down in value a bit.
So if one has overcapacities (alot more shares than Link he stakes) it would maybe be wise to sell some shares, buy Link and maybe switch back later when there is no staking priority anymore.

>So if one has overcapacities (alot more shares than Link he stakes) it would maybe be wise to sell some shares, buy Link and maybe switch back later when there is no staking priority anymore.
While you are right stating people will no longer benefit from staking priority after a while, when such thing occurs, it will mean that the traffic is growing and the passive income from the platform usage will increase. So I'm not sure how will the price of the shares behave.

So if i have 1LP share and the cycle is done i get
10 000*0,25*1 = 2500 link?

No, you get 0.25 link.

Attached: 1512495432145.png (645x729, 93K)

Currently the cycle is finished at 1,000, not 10,000.
That means, if you have 1 LP share, you get 0.25 LINK.

>
>There is no trustless way to do what you are asking.
>Interesting point to make here: Once everyone gets to stake on Linkpool after a few months the LP shares lose their staking priority, which should lead to them going down in value a bit.
>So if one has overcapacities (alot more shares than Link he stakes) it would maybe be wise to sell some shares, buy Link and maybe switch back later when there is no staking priority anymore.
We still get priority on the best nodes, airdrops, revenue shares etc. We can vote for any changes in the contract etc.
Lookin at all jonny and matt already did for us i would not be surprised of they give us a bonus if things work out very well.
I have faith in linkpool. If link delivers, they deliver. The work and infrastructure, transparancy is off the charts

I'm glad to know there are other firm believers on this project and its team. I've researched the fuck out of Jonny and Mat before investing. We are definitely going to make it if Link gets adopted, still risky though.

lets just hope thodges writes an easy to understand guide once everything is ready

He already did it

medium.com/chainlink/running-a-chainlink-node-for-the-first-time-4988518c95d2

The main reason I invested in LP is obvs for the returns and staking, but when LINK mooons and goes mainstream, the normie NPCs who are buying LINK at 5 USD+ will not be running nodes and will absolutely go for the complete “passive income” of LINKPOOL. That’s where the real money starts coming in; when people are buying Link solely for LINKPOOL.

>
>
>The main reason I invested in LP is obvs for the returns and staking, but when LINK mooons and goes mainstream, the normie NPCs who are buying LINK at 5 USD+ will not be running nodes and will absolutely go for the complete “passive income” of LINKPOOL. That’s where the real money starts coming in; when people are buying Link solely for LINKPOOL.
This. From buying link to staking on linkpool takes like 10 minutes. Easy peasy, clean interface good team. Hey normie, of you buy link and stake it with linkpool your money works for you. Set up in 10 minutes!

as far as revenue, it's pretty measly.

I spent $260(eth atm and fees brought it down) and got .16 L.P.

currently it says there are 4000 shares that split 6.25%

that means that my .16 shares will net me .00025% of linkpools yearly revenue.

1mil = $2.5
10 mil = $25
100 mil = $250

so really the returns for owning LP are not great from an "ownership" stand point. mainly I got it for priority staking.

I could probably flip it later but unlikely I will

You have it wrong friend. 4,000 shares represents the 25% of their total revenue.

The circulating supply is 1,000 shares, which represent the 6.25% of the total Linkpool revenue, because 3,000 shares are out of circulation since that's the Mat, Jonny & BartoszW stack

Therefore each share represents 0.00625% of the company. Believe me, I've been following close this project since December 2017 and I've read every Medium post at least 5 times already.

If Linkpool earns $1,000,000 you will earn $62.5 for every share you own.

This

Node operator here. I look down on linkpool scum

I wouldn't disguise Linkpool as a node operator. Linkpool is setting a high quality standard that is necessary for the network's adoption and node operators are necessary too.

$62.5 in Link, which is awesome

When does Linkpool go live to the public? I feel like it would boost the price of Chainlink immensely.

Indeed, I feel Linkpool's passive income is going to be like mining BTC in 2010 and holding till 2018

Shortly after Chainlink's mainnet is ready. They could generate a lot of interest among normies, actually

Why and how would it go live when Chainlink isn't operational yet?

So what is everyone here talking about if Linkpool isn't even up yet?

The Linkpool shares became tradeable recently. They give you part of everything Linkpool will ever earn and also priority staking.
If you don't hold any shares, you will have to wait until you get to stake your Link there.

Shares are available via their DEX, people are just speculating about the potential gains when it goes live.

Same with Chainlink, isn't it? We have been talking about it since August 2017 non-stop and main net isn't ready yet neither