/spcg/ Scalping General

Wanna make it without having to work a day in your life? Scalping may be for you. From sneakers, to art, to trading cards, to tickets, to toys, to video games, the scalper market has been exploding thanks to the rise and continual growth of online auction sites. It's a highly lucrative venture and could make you very rich very quick.

Attached: 41xNWzvMucL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 13K)

It's like real estate, except much more approachable as the cost to entry is much lower.

Where do you source goods? Good will, garage sales? What types of goods tend to sell quickly so you're not holding a bunch of garbage in the garage?

Buy out something online, then once you've bought every copy on the internet, resell at a higher price. You should have no trouble at least doubling your money each time.

I've actually been doing this on the side of wagecucking. It's almost too easy if you know what you're doing

Nice!

One piece of advice, though: be careful about holding. Resale items are highly susceptible to recessions. Even more so than real estate.

Which is why tickets, trading cards, and sneakers tend to be the most popular resale items. They are the most liquid and experience the fastest growth, so it's very easy to get out and make a quick buck. Whereas with things like vintage toys and retro games, you may end up holding for years before you can make any real profit, and if a recession happens before that, you're fucked.

I've been reselling mostly sports memorabilia and other collectible items. Mostly trading cards, signed photos and balls and other miscellaneous things like that. I probably make 100-200% profit per sale. I have been holding quite a few items for 2+ years though but I'm fine with that. The good thing about trading cards and photos is that they take up a minimal amount of space.

One thing I do to get long term value is I get things autographed. Once the athlete dies, you're set for life.

I actually made over 10 million dollars profit when Yogi Berra died.

the one from the cartoon?

No, the Yankees player

Interesting thread. Ive been thinking about reselling concert tickets but I've never quite got too it. Do you OP or anyone else have experience with doing this since I cant use eBay without having to pay huge import taxes because im not from USA but tickets are resold all the time in my country so I'd like to know what you guys think of it and if you have any advice on how to do it effectively.

Bumping for interest

Good point. I wonder what else moves fast with good margins. Scalping also insulates you from chinks stealing your shit or flooding the market.

How.

have been in the scalping game for 4-5 years now. best play I ever had was on Brockhamptons first tour - I caught them really early and realized the tumblr kids were all over them

i bought 160 tickets for their tour nationwide. with fees the average ticket price was around $16.

after stubhub fees i cleared an average of $92 per ticket. paid my rent/tuition/beer money for a semester. i made tons of money off the soundcloud rappers when they were first coming up (peep, xxx, ect) but that market's too saturated now - i was a big buyer for the astroworld tour, not gonna make as much money as I expected on that one.

Attached: seattle brockhampton ex.png (593x545, 89K)

please don't ask me what shows to buy for, its a pretty competitive market and I have incentive to be dishonest with you.

all I'm saying is DYOR, start following music blogs, follow artists on social media, ect. there is a lot of money to be made in the stubhub game.

It's a bullshit lie lol. He would have had to had about 5000 Yogi Berra autographs.

50,000*

Meh, sounds like too much work. Pass.

What can you sell on the Canadian ebay to actually make money? I was selling cheap accessories but the money wasn't good after all the fees that ebay and paypal take. The only way I could see people making money is scaling and selling a large amount of items but you need to have the space and also employees too

You're gonna have to scalp a boatload of things to truly make it though, making it no better than regular old wagecucking timewise

Been flipping modern silver coinage the last 5-6 years. Market is almost dead. Ebay is dead..

i wonder if yogi berra was ever kidnapped for an extended period of time

Granted, there are some really good long term holds (crypto, pot stocks, etc). But for things like tickets, trading cards, hot fashion, autographs, etc, always scalp.

shipping and fees killed this business
I have to go to flea markets every week to dump my inventory over the past 2 years

But at least scalping is more enjoyable than flipping burgers, serving coffee, cold calling, etc

Cold calling is more pyramid scheme than wage cuckery, desu.