Why did Jordan Peterson become so popular when he leads to 0 wealth?

Why are not the young men of our generation inspired by guys like Paul Tudor Jones, Warren Buffet, Ed Thorp or Peter Thiel who actually knows how to make money in the market and invest in companies?

Attached: 45131903_10158043182169968_7085183097515278336_n.jpg (960x602, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tudor_Jones
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All people you mentioned started from wealth. Peterson is helpful also for people outside this group.

>not including Dave Ramsey
its like you enjoy being jewed and poor

I'd say for the sad sacks he's a stepping stone, clean your room, etc. Once you graduate to being a big boy then you can start listening to billionaires. If you don't have the willpower to do simple tasks for your own betterment you're not going to be a successful investor.

He's a good speaker. Also not everyone is interested in making money.

clean your room Lmao what a fucking waste of time

Like every other snake oil salesman; bamboozling brainlets with verbal waterfalls and namedropping actual geniuses which said brainlets would never understand anyway. Mix in some one liners that they do understand like "clean your room" (which is true by the way).

He capitalizes on current pain points of young white men: atomized identity, victimization by other groups allowed to have their own group identity, failure to find a partner, and so on. His doctrine appeals to the middle class, whereas none of the other names you list do (they might think they do, but they're really talking to the top20%, top10%, top5%, an increasingly shrinking demographic)

PTJ was a cotton pit trader before startin his hedge fund and doing macro trading. Don't consider that "starting from wealth"

Poor people who put 50-100$ each month in index funds like WB advise, will in a few years have enough capital to make riskier(crypto, cannabis, tech stocks) trades

No but having a financial stability make you less stressed and able to pursue other life goals like the typical Jordan-guy likes. Like women, career, family etc

Attached: 1540002642386s.jpg (250x215, 7K)

I'm not saying he is bad or stupid or anything, more like why he is SO popular in comparison to the real guys who know how to make money and have their emotions and risk control in place

Attached: 1538778464379.jpg (573x430, 84K)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tudor_Jones
>William Dunavant Jr., Jones' cousin and CEO of Dunavant Enterprises, one of the world's largest cotton merchants, introduced Jones to commodity broker Eli Tullis. Tullis hired Jones and mentored him in trading cotton futures at the New York Stock Exchange. Jones later said of Tullis:

He was tutored by a grizzled veteran personally, who also gave him a job. A highly privileged position.

>have their emotions and risk control in place
The fact that they have this doesn't mean that they know how to achieve that state if you don't have it.
They came from privileged positions in life. This is what gave them the cool and collected outlook from life - a stress scarce living environment.

This. We are all victims of two biases -
1. Attribution Bias for those privilegedcucks
2. Confirmation Bias for rest of us

The problem is when people with attribution bias try selling dreams to people with confirmation bias

It's both. Getting your shit together makes it easier to get things done, which will make you money.

Because most people are NPCs and just busy trying to not feel bad, and a small percentage of people have higher goals and are willing to feel a lot of bad to get there.
Most public intellectuals try to make money by peddling ideas, their drive (and capability) isn't really to dig down to find philosophical truths like the greats.
True capitalists like you listed can at least tell you how to make money (provably), no pseudo intellectual has yet created a better world, just tons of words.

define get your shit together

yeah, of course some luck and networking was involved. But so was it for a lot of other engineers, traders and lawyers at his age I assume? But yet he became the top 0.001% of them

And actually in the end, why does it matter? If someone is rich or poor, and have good advice, should that not be on it's own merit?

Attached: 1536788734667.gif (666x386, 342K)

>Because most people are NPC...
stopped reading

Well OK, that's actually a good point. Maybe you don't even dare to start investing if you live a wage cuck life at Amazon warehouse and wonder how to pay for food

Attached: google.png (647x292, 14K)

Because of pic related

Attached: FF06F262-81EA-4773-BD9D-A3867ECDF1F2.jpg (822x1024, 100K)

if you didn't have a father or had a shitty one and you didn't 'sort yourself out' by the age of ~21 you will find the basic shit Peterson says inspiring

Attached: peterson.jpg (814x472, 67K)

exactly this. In the end it doesn't matter, what right or left or feminist "thinkers" tell their NPC crowd, since their business is story telling and selling ideas.

The real redpill is creating business and value for others and the world, in a combo of working and investing in promising businesses that improve tech, finance etc

Attached: 1534708157676.png (806x595, 260K)

The advice of privileged people will work for people who are also of this background. People who try to implement them and are outside that group will most likely fail because of circumstances the advice givers could not have anticipated, because a lot of things were a given for them and only them.
It's similar to listening to high IQ people speaking that you have refine your productivity in everything. Brainlets listen to this and scratch their heads because when they do things, they don't have free mind space to focus on anything else.

Jow Forums motto should be
>Hire a Mexican lady to clean your room

Attached: 1515814546832.jpg (900x900, 77K)

so tell me how Jordan is not privileged then, following that logic? a famous and probably now very rich professor

>probably now very rich
why do you think his patreon money isn't public?
people would stop sending him money if they realised how much he gets

Attached: nothingpersonelbucko.png (423x422, 316K)

Because Peterson is easy to digest and it's a lot simpler to convince people that cleaning their room is the key to success as opposed to something genuinely challenging or ambitious like exploiting a mainframe to get more computing time.

To be honest I don't know much about the guy other than "this is what young men like". He must earn a lot from books and conferences too or?

It used to be public and it was ~48k per month whenever I checked over a year ago.

He was from a very well-off background I assume, but with non-trivial turbulences. His alcoholism being one of them.

To some, cleaning your room is challenging and ambitions. 'exploiting a mainframe' requires one to have access to it, ambition is a very small part in that.

>tfw when I was one of the first people who shilled this guy 2 years ago
>mainly love him for maps of meaning
>a really watered down version of his ideas gets really popular, so popular infact that contrarians on Jow Forums can hate on it out of sheer principle
>most people who hear about peterson, be it fanboys or detractors only engage with the self help stuff and never take a deep dive into art and relligion with the jung pill

I fucking hate everything.

I didn't find out about him until he was getting popular, but I agree with this post.

I knew about him when he had only like 30k subs in November of 2016.

>NPC leader

Attached: npcchad.png (809x428, 153K)

Not bad. His Maps of Meaning/Jung inspired stuff was always the most interesting to me too, it's a shame when people just care about the "clean your room lobster-man" part.

Why is the self-help part less valuable than his Jung stuff?

I wouldn't say it's less valuable necessarily, it can be good. It's just the other stuff gets ignored in favor of it.

He's the father to boys who grew up without fathers. He's giving the same sacks of humanity some structure to build a better life for themselves. This is a good thing.

Because the self help is rooted in his jungian ideas. If you only start with the conclusion and nit how he gets there it of coursre seems shallow as fuck, because you are not actually understanding his thought process. How peterson is being watered down is the most platos cave scenario I've ever witnessed.

12 Rules for Life is to Maps of Meaning what The God Delusion was to The Selfish Gene. Which is really ironic, cobsidering how much Peterson (rightfully) loves to shit on nu atheism.

he actually grew up in a shithole north albertan oiling town and left home when he was 17 apparently

Jungian ideas are rooted in Freud, etc ...
Thinking that Peterson wouldn't advocate delving into pointless academic pursuits. Take what you need, confirm deeper if you need to, and do what you initially wanted to do without dissipating your energy.