Okay so someone asked me to make a thread a few weeks ago about my experience there. I'll greentext it

Okay so someone asked me to make a thread a few weeks ago about my experience there. I'll greentext it

>orientation was with at least 60 other people
>they showed a hilarious active shooter safety video
>12 hour shifts with two 30 min breaks and a 15
>on my first day they assign scan you and tell you what group you're in which seems to be randon
>i apparently "got lucky" being in the shipping area
>they assign a trainer to groups of six
>my trainer is some dumbass African guy that nobody can understand
>the work is idiot proof
>my responsibilities are scanning boxes onto pallets and wrapping them up, placing packages on a conveyor, runnin stuff around with a pallet jack and hand loading trucks
>hand loading trucks is where your stuff gets broken
>they want you to stack them to the ceiling of the trailer and nobody uses the stepstool so packages gets thrown up top. The process is kind of retarded
>overall the workload isnt difficult but you will have sore feet after a long shift
>most people are just really happy to be making 17.40 an hour, you can tell its the most they ever made by far
>i would recommend if you are having a hard time finding a job but their are better ways to make a buck

Attached: 1280px-Amazon_logo_plain.svg.png (1280x386, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are the horror stories true like the cages and the peeing in bottles and plants?

ragie wagie go back to your cagie

Attached: neet_pepe.jpg (409x409, 45K)

>active shooter safety video

Attached: 693px-Edouard_Manet_05911.jpg (171x167, 10K)

My place is new so it's kind of laid back. Apparently, the packers have the worst job and expectations. Standing in one spot boxing and taping up items all day and being timed is probably where pee bottles come in. If you don't keep a goid pace then you won't work there for long is what people say.

This is the sign at the front door

Attached: firearm-signs---industrial-y4321963-81620-l6959-lg.jpg (400x400, 16K)

This got me ass mad. I'm a 10ton heavy forklift driver in a warehouse and I only make $16.50

The fuck?

The 12 hour 3 day shift pays an extra $2 an hour. Other shifts start everyone at 15.40 and they just raised it.

>12 hours
>litteral suffering
fuck that I work 8 hours 5 days a week with full (but shitty) benfits (no pension).

Once you hit that 7 hour mark in a work day you just begin wondering where everything went wrong in your life. 12 is litteral madness.

How long are you planning on working there?

>>they showed a hilarious active shooter safety video

Is this really a thing in America?

lmao

Attached: 2.jpg (600x375, 32K)

Brilliant!
How will a disgruntled employee ever bring a gun to work if there's a sign on the door saying that they're not allowed to?

Day 1 benefits here. 401k isnt the best though

Think about that every day anyway, bruh

At til January or if i find a better job.
I was hired full time but I imagine there will also be layoffs after peak season and I'm white so im not sure if ill make the cut after the diversity quota. I don't want to work at a place with a billion employees. Coming and leaving feels like entering a prison.

The video says they've never had a shooting. It also depicted a bald white guy as the shooter and they tell you to run, hide, fight.

12 hour shifts
active shooter preparation

Attached: th.jpg (600x600, 16K)

The shooter video they showed

youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0&app=desktop

Ive been in amazon distribution centers. The company i work for runs all data cabling, wireless access points, cameras, the security, any low voltage wiring. We do fresh installs and ticket work after the place is up and running. The place seems like a nightmare to work at. I would never ever work there no matter how rough times got. Remember when post office workers went "postal"? I can see it happening there. As far as the cages go, thet don't exist. They have this huge robotics field where these robots drive around and pick goods then drive them over to a person that takes the goods and scans it. Sometimes product falls off the bins into the robotics field and its semi dangerous to walk out there and pick up the fallen product because those robots might not stop for you and run your ass over. Thats where that stupid cage comes in. One of the employees can get in the cage and get the fallen product without shutting down the productivity of the kiva field. Also amazon management idiot proofs all the work for the employees. Pions are to make no decisions that are outside the box or scope of work.

FedEx is worse. And I've recognized my fuckness, so i do 14 hours

At my job I get 1 15m bream for every 5hrs, you're lucky.

You have violated your NDA; we will be in touch

i love how hardcore those loading places can pretend to be but they're as authoritative as a kid on a playground

i love working in warehouses, i love coming to work and doing the same thing over and over again, i hate to deal with people

the less i have to talk to people the better, i love to take my breaks alone, and eat alone.

people tell me i look like a cold motherfucker that woudlnt think twice about killing a person, honestly they are correct. im short guy but i guess i make people uncomfortable. my supervisors always have a hard time to give me orders, its just not natural for them.

i always feel liek the coolest mother fucker in teh room, i keep to myself, i dont flirt with girls. or horse around. every warehouse is the same,

i have worked in juice cold storage, railcar cold storage faciltys, ross distribution, ikea distributiom, ikea btw are kickass company, smart efficient people those bastards. i have worked in pepsi. in so many i have forgotten.

all the same. everywhere.

Alexa appreciates your service, wagie

I would be unable to work in such a place without conspiring to destroy it somehow.

what made ikea so great?

Unions. That would do it.

And by the way, their garbage slave buildings killed TWO PEOPLE on Friday

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-04-18-32-15.png (1440x2560, 2.19M)

They better being paying OT for those extra four hours.

It's 3x12 so nope.

Trash. Only line of work I will do that for is security. In a quiet office building.

I've been working in an Amazon warehouse for 4 years now. Started in pick but now in ICQA. Trained in many departments so I've had a taste of a wide variety of "tasks" in the warehouse.

OP, I know you're a new hire, but is there any upset about the wage changes in your warehouse? A lot of the employees in mine got shafted and actually ended up losing money with the change. I made a sheet to calculate the losses/gains for employees of varying years of service/etc (you get raises every 6/12/etc months). See below sheet

(wage change calculations, replace DOT with a . )
gooDOTgl/amx8oT

We never had anybody piss in bottle that I'm aware of but there is a rumor that a guy on nightshift shit in a trash can once to avoid time off task.

Most people (myself included) don't fully understand the scope of what a union is so we don't really consider/think about it much. Probably won't ever happen.

At my warehouse in Pennsylvania (might change in different states) we only get overtime for hours worked past 40 in a week. Hours/day is irrelevant. They try to hard cap you at 11 hours a day max with a normal shift being 10, and they try to cap weekly at 58 hours except during "peak" (December, mostly) season where it is more like 59.5 hours/week

>PEOPLE

Attached: jeff.jpg (320x240, 13K)

Attached: Screenshot_2017-11-27-12-44-51.png (1440x2560, 1.42M)

>le happy 100% (((diverse))) company
>le unhappy bad cis white male goy active shooter
what a bunch of previsible kike bullshit

Attached: 1487472100673.gif (440x370, 1.11M)

LMFAO

What the fuck am I looking at?

Also I wanted to mention to OP or others - if you get hired as a temp and you want to become a permanent "blue badge", the best way to do this is to become an ISS coach (this is how I ended up being converted). They always look for them during peak and the requirement is basically that you aren't retarded and can talk to other people. If you can't get in as a coach then make sure you don't have any write ups or attendance points and you'll be ahead of 95% of everyone else. For the other 5% you can push your rate to "positive feedback" territory, but it's just more important to not have negative feedback (write ups) or attendance points.

I'm in a brand new one so most people here have been here a month or less. Nobody seems disgruntled yet. Just a few tryhard women.

Can you tell the idiots at amazon to stop shipping things in boxes that are ridiculously oversized for the item inside of them?.... Also tell them to stop shipping the fucking 4x2x2 boxes of dog food or whatever the fuck is inside of them through the USPS. Those need to be shipped through fucking UPS. You're causing massive problems on the rural routes where the carriers are required to drive their own fucking vehicle. Your stupid oversized boxes simply do not fit inside the largest commercially available right hand drive vehicle you can purchase in the US. A large portion of rural areas ARE NOT supplied with the fucking LLV mail trucks, its not funny, you're causing serious fucking problems.

Attached: fsfs.jpg (808x802, 90K)

Remember when Amazon would throw 8 thin card board bookmarks and tons of mailer ads/brochures into a box with only one or two books?

I think this sometimes happens because the items are incorrectly assigned larger volumes in the system than they really have. This sometimes happens when somebody has a case of units and they erroneously enter the entire case's volume as the total "size" of the product and from that point forward the system treats say a single USB flash drive as being as large as case of 20 of them. It's funny because this negatively impacts every process along the way until it also impacts UPS. Pick "pathing" is governed by a lot of variables but one is item size and sometimes small items get chucked into 'large' paths because of this and it screws with pick efficiency to a degree. Then the system thinks your tote (holds items before they go to pack or wherever else) is physically full before it actually is and you need to close it out before fully utilizing tote space. This isn't a huge deal if it were just going directly to pack or some other area in the same warehouse but it can be a huge waste of space when we do tranship and ship the actual tote itself to another Amazon facility. Anyway whenever the item does need to get shipped it comes to a packer and appears in the system as a large item. Packer instinctively grabs larger box to prepare for packing these items. Starts packing, realizes box is way bigger than necessary. Oh well, send out box anyway.

Another thing that happens is the site will fiddle with the settings to ship multiple-item orders in individual boxes.
This is done to increase the overall "packages shipped" which in turn is multiplied by 3 to get an average number of items shipped.

Attached: DR9UARPX0AEbHYS.jpg (1200x948, 159K)

This would be true if a computer was loading 5he truck, and not white trash or illegals

> 17.40 / h
>thinks 1200 a week or 60k a year is bad for a job that probably doesnt require a highschool degree

Its not optimizing shit for the people ACTUALLY DELIVERING YOUR FUCKING PACKAGES

>This is done to increase the overall "packages shipped"

Yeah? I was under the impression that units of product, "batches", and completed shipments themselves were the goals to hit for the warehouse. AFAIK packages shipped is not a number they try to inflate. And I know for sure it is irrelevant to the "rate" for front line workers like the ones packing the boxes.

>No one here can shoot back

Don't know too much about that side. I just know that's a metric that gets messed with

>It also depicted a bald white guy as the shooter

Jeff Bezos?

Like, volume produced is a metric I know. Operational expediency might be another one that's important to another department.
I have definitely seen it happen just because some building wants to look better by increasing its "units shipped"

It's not even close to 60k a year but yea i said most people seem happy making that kind of money. There are hs dropouts working along side people with college degrees. The young guys with degrees in stuff like mechanical engineering but can't find a job in their field are funny.

>The young guys with degrees in stuff like mechanical engineering but can't find a job in their field are funny.

How are they funny?

im just relaying a message

I see he got the infinite ammo shotgun cheat