Baby Boomer ‘heartbreak’ as Chinese flee Chatswood

In what reads like an article from The Onion, a Baby Boomer family who inherited a house from a deceased parent has been left “heartbroken” as the home was passed in at auction for a “too cheap” $1.7 million.

>Just two bidders competed for the three-bedroom home on a 757 sqm block at 17 Beresford Ave, Chatswood and agents couldn’t get them to offer even $1000 more than the vendor bid of $1.7 million.

>After the gavel fell, Karen Davis, of Standen Estate Agents, said: “Last year our vendors might have got $2.4 million for this but now we’re having to ask them to consider $800,000 less than that”…

>The agents managed to get the bidder up to $1.67 million, but it was still a way off the $1.75 million reserve.

>“Yes we are heartbroken,” Mr Kerr said. “We expected to get something more reasonable than this. “This is garbage.”

>Mrs Kerr, whose mother, Yvonne Foster, had lived in the home up until four years ago when she moved into a nursing home. She passed away about a year ago…

>They estimated her grandparents had bought it for about 5000 pounds.

>“What’s being offered now is just a bit too cheap,” Mr Kerr said.

realestate.com.au/news/were-heartbroken-home-in-same-family-for-93-years-passes-in/

Attached: Vendors Brad and Christine Kerr put on a brave face after 17 Beresford Ave, Chatswood, passes in on (1024x768, 136K)

RE agent here

They're not fucking heartbroken. If they were heartbroken they wouldn't have sold the damn thing. There's a difference between sentimentalism and greed.

Jow Forums, how good does it feel to know you're funding The Boomer's retirement?

Pay up Jow Forums. You do want to own your own home, right?

You're not a fucking dead-beat, right?

Boomers are super greedy and over value what's already over valued. The guy who owns a company my dad works for turned down a $115MM offer because he wanted $140MM. Two years later he is turning down an $80MM offer because he wants $100MM.

Its going to be madness when boomers start dying off

>Its going to be madness when boomers start dying off

Why? I can imagine some cheap silver.

I read this the other day. I honestly thought it was satire. Fuck boomers and their greed

Boomers are a worse menace than niggers and kikes. Final solution to the boomer question when.

hmm maybe they shouldn't have fucking auctioned it if they wanted more for it.....

It's called the day of the pillow, try and keep up.

>thought it was a meme
>opened article
>literally a line of panfaced gooks looking for a roundeye house to stash their embezzled cash into

Topkek

This article made me so mad. Thanks OP

>You will never have biceps like theses

Attached: boomer.png (1069x726, 2.18M)

>dat biceps

What's her routine?

FUCK boomers. Get the Chinese money OUT and raise interest rates to the historical average and we'll see house prices drop like a rock. Real estate speculators, house flippers, boomers... all scum.

Chatswood is asian af. I grew up in eastwood, only asian real estate brochures when we sold etc. Poor fucking crybaby lefties never saved a dollar most likely. They should be sterilised & their kids too, good thing theyre too fuckin old to have kids.

"this is garbage"
how about not trying to flog off a house that has been in the family for a century, greedy baby boomer fucks
looks like you won't be able to buy into 5 star retirement living on the mid north coast, will have to settle for 4 stars on the central coast instead

I am so fucking glad they didn't accept the 1.67m. Now the prices will plummet and they will be heartbroken for not accepting that already stupid price. That house is worth fuck all. Greedy boomer cunts. I live in Ryde and the sentiment is changing here fast. I seriously think they will have trouble getting over a mil in the coming months.

Ay lmao im in a redev site on herring road rn & know for a fact developers arent touching shit. (100-200m valuation 2016, going to the lower bounds next year.) These fuckin immigrants buying the units developers cheaply build is the weak fundamental that is giving investors confidence which is already plummeting.
Grew up in eastwood but now im northwest in a 99% white area thats rich af. It's well on its way to halving in price, minimum haha...

A house in my area was listed for $8M when the 2008 recession began, and finally sold for $2.6M after being on the market the past 10 years with price drops. Some people are just too greedy.

Btw, this is in the Chicago area.

>11639926
who do you think gave power to the nigs & kikes in the first place. boomers and especially evangelicals

Attached: AAAAAHHHHGGGG.gif (540x240, 2.3M)

I love that shit. I see it where I live where a multi million dollar property sits on the market forever. I wonder how much they waste in property tax/maintenance just letting it sit there... unless they live there the entire time.

greedy entitled cunts

This follows our favorite chart nicely. 4 years of greed and deluded hodling through the moon mission, now in literal denial. The 'it's different this time' mentality is so fucking hardwired that a recovery within the next couple of years is still generally taken as a given. I am literally seeing word for word the exact same coping techniques that we enjoyed through the bit coin bubble burst. Hopefully we can make it to fear, the levels of the inevitable despair which follows will be fucking unprecedented. What a time to be alive, gentlemen.

EEEY!

I'm seriously surprised anyone is still touching those massive unit blocks. Deicorp has got to be the shoddiest developers on this planet. There is absolutely no way people are buying off the plan after looking at the build quality of these massive ugly shits of buildings.
It was getting obvious when they were struggling to lease out the shops beneath now the apartments are flooding the market for $100 less a week then they were 6 months ago. Panic has set in and the media won't truly cover what is really happening.

Eastwood is nice just a little too close to Ermington, way too many junkie run ins.

it's like pottery

Attached: JUST.png (1346x864, 792K)

Lmao, my aunt lives in chatswood. But shes already 6 figures easily not counting real estate

$1M has seven figures, user.

Boomer privilege

no wonder niggers hate us

>millions of dollary doos
>5 thousand pounds
units?! the fuck am i supposed think about making millions from 5k pounds. apparently it's not a lot or they're kikes.

When the house was bought 93 years ago straya was on the pounds sterling currency

Stamford did an alright job on the corner, but yeah plenty of lebos doing dodgy work- could name a few off the bat. And yeah I can confirm people are struggling with sales, its just fun and games for me. This unit was bought for ~100k 30 years ago and it's worth a handful more today- looking at the local demographics (arabs yelling on their boundaries, chinks having family discussions out loud at 2am) im sure none can afford negative equity. Hope it all goes to shit

Earns 6 figures i mean

I know where there is this big ass estate up in new york that's only going for half a million. Dude bought it way back for only $52,000. Put in a lot work into restoring it back to how it was in the Victorian days. The book value is at 1 million. Reason the price is slashed? Supposedly the place is haunted; no one will stay there.

>haunted
Lmao.
There was one guy in hk who bought up apartments at huge discount because all of them were suicide or murder scenes, and flipped them for huge profits because millenials dont give a shit about ghosts

LMAO fuck all the chinked up suburbs like Eastwood, Hurstville and Chatswood. The bubble is going to pop as the slants stop buying up in those areas. Sold half my btc stash in Jan and moved from the most ghetto fucking hell full of gov housing in Telopea and moved to Narabeen with min 95% white population 1 min from the lake. Demand is as strong as ever from all the boomers wanting to move here.

should have stayed in telopea it's a fun suburb bro

I live 2 suburbs away from you. Narrabeen is plummeting along with the rest of the northern beaches lmao. Entire market is going to bottom out in 2019

Haha what that's filled with junkies too

bro my sisters had been catcalled/touched inappropriately more than 5 times growing up there, at least once at week you'll get bums asking for a lighter/money and had our family car broken into 4 times. It wasn't a safe suburb to raise kids. Only when all the rezoning happened it started to become a mini Eastwood (chinks and koreans), it got a tad better, but fucking all the roads was cluster fuck with constant parked cars on both sides.

It held up better than btc prices, but will admit I should of tethered and not jumped the gun at buying a place so early. areas near the lake and beaches are holding up better than other areas.

Too fucking many meth heads

Nah. Itll last into 2020 easily while the government starts spending.
Cimic

ITT a bunch of neets who couldn't afford to buy a home even if housing crashed 90%.

You guys are pathetic and have no grasp on reality.

i fucking hate sydney so much. such an overblown cocksucking chink hellhole made ironic by the best thing being able to get your dick sucked by chinks for dirt cheap. please fucking burn to the ground.

Let me guess, you bought 2015 at earliest? Probs a 27-30 year old who finally bought. Pathetic kek

Hopefully, im positioned to start buying up significant amounts of property from 2020 onward but i think it could go really bad really quick. The whole market is propped up by retarded boomer investors who have 2,3,4 investment properties, dont break even on any of them and make 70k a year. If interest rates start going up half the country will default on their loans

Nah, 2006 actually, most home owners like me accept the market might cool off a bit, but it's a home, not an investment and in the long run the short term orxing doesn't matter.

People in this thread have a bias, they actually think they'll be coming in at th bottom price and being the only buyers despite being in the dole and unemployed.

95% of you couldn't even save a deposit on a car anyway. Bunch of tyre kickers really.

>being this upset

lmao dude are you literally in tears right now.??This thread really hit a nerve with you huh

Me too. I'm in some completely undervalued stocks just waiting for a correction. There will be wbc/nab bailin probably. Once prices stop going up (which they have- very hard for developers to make good margins next year onwards) investors stop.
Credit growth is still at 5+% of the already ginormous 1.7T aud. Wages in this country are about 500b aud. Our production output is pathetic bar the mining sector.

All you have to do is look at how cheap the bank and property stocks are- and they get the most gains and least losses long term. It's been happening since 2016. You should buy some industrial realestate stocks when they get cheap.

I'm not upset, just never ceases to amaze how tyre kicking neets think they understand real estate in this country when they don't even own a car. The fucking hubris that you understand every facet is hilarious.

I'm quite comfortable living in my own place with my missus and not still with my parents spouting impotent rage like you at the world.

Market might cool off a bit?
Smart people don't hold overvalued things for long. Go talk to some oldies and see what 87 was like, especially off the plan, with negative equity. Market isn't going to cool, it's headed into freefall next year. Stop thinking static- people lose their jobs, commission, fees when houses fall in value. Tradies take less home. Its a fractional system and we are highly leveraged into a downturn; inflation is the answer and last I checked, a house is a depreciating asset ;)

You literally dont know anything about any of the people in this thread. You're just yelling insults into the abyss because something hit a nerve with you and it makes you really upset. Maybe do a little self-evaluation and try to figure out what got you this worked up champ

Why would I sell my home? Go wash cars , neet.

I know enough from hearing the same tyre kicking know it all's at work who proclaim to know exactly where housing will go despite never actually having owned one.

People who own their home accept housing may have a down turn and slow growth but we've had a good run so it's to be expected - this is called being an adult.

Owning a home and investing in real estate arent the same thing genius. And it sounds like the guys are work who you arent brave enough to talk up to are the ones you wanna say all this to- not us :)

Honestly it sounds more like you're scared at the oncoming market crash, and really defensive against anyone who suggests it. Also you don't need to own a home to see the bubble.

Ive been doing some reading about this since you mentioned it. What industrial realestate stocks are you watching?

It's a home whether it's worth 900k today or the 340k I paid for it originally.

Maybe if you had a job your aspirations in life would be larger than hoping housing crashes 90% despite the fact you'll still be priced out of the market.

BTW people were telling my missus and I the same shit in 2006.. oh don't buy now, it's a bubble.

Fucking top kek at those idiots. They, just like you, still spend their time talking about the homes other people own despite having jack shit themselves.

Go get another tattoo or something.

Attachment works in funny ways. I literally read books on property to see the reasons why realestate talking heads don't like stocks-for fun. and it just lines the more intelligent pockets. If you knew anything about tax & equity markets, you'd not touch realestate unless it was at extremely affordable price to income ratios. Good middle class goy :)

Oh, I get it, you think I'm some sort of malcontent wishing ill on your home. I don't, but the bubble is glaringly obvious and the upcoming crash a long time coming.
Going on for longer hasn't made it less of a bubble, it's made it bigger.

>Read books

Try buying or selling a home. Here's something from a book you might know.. ignore faggits who don't have skin in the game.

Don't touch gmg, pb is at 2.2. PLG, 360 industrial, etc. If you look at large cap industrial stocks, they're priced in to see little fall in value. Compared to resi markets which are at about .85 PB for the most part. Prologis might be a buy if it shits the bed (american listed)

banker shill detected. be prepared for when BRUCE is shagging your wife in the RSL toilets while you wait for the westpac repossession team to finsih throwing your furniture out

Greedy boomer fucks. I hope the housing market crashes and they can't sell it for even a million.

My net worth is in fundamentally sound stocks. Market crashes, I make money. Market goes 20x, i make money. Difference being, i can use leverage, make it completely tax dedutible, and use the cashflow to rent, half of what my mortgage would be. Stock market is already cheap. Take some advice poorfag, my prp is 3x what yours is already no mortgage.

Thanks man ganna read up on all of that. Usually biz is filled with absolute gabrage but this all looks like pretty solid stuff youve obviously spent alot of time researching. Appreciate it

So you deposit your dole money on pepperstone because you pay no rent to your parents... Cool story.

No worries bud. Chexk out aveo- if theyre still looking profitable 19H1 then they're a brilliant buy. Stockland will be great when labor gets in. Buyback already setting the company up for success- the ceo knows his shit.

kys poorfag
Talk when your house is bigger than one of my garages, or summerhouse

the entitlement of these greedy idiots is insane

Awwwww, boomers who are gonna die are heartbroken? Fuck you! Boomers should be heartbroken for ruining the economy not the fact they could not even get 1.7million for their shitty house.

Attached: 1519298578403.jpg (500x500, 26K)

These people make me feel sick. Complete scum of the Earth who have a huge responsibility for the mess we're in right now. Their 'fuck you, got mine' attitude has destroyed the futures of so many people. kek at the faggot in here trying so hard to be a big boi and call people lazy because they don't want to fall for the ponzi. I could have SOME respect if they bought the house themselves and all, but for them to be this upset over a house this bitch inherited from her dead mum is really disgusting. Boomers don't have their cancerous reputation for no reason.

Attached: 1539566533949.gif (300x577, 279K)

Lmao Normies at your work are not anons on biz

Boomer scum reeeeeeee

How do you generate leads?

>1.7 million for a 3br house
And I was thinking french prices were stupid

Attached: Grandson.jpg (1024x768, 248K)

kek they're going to spend it all

What do you think they'll get?

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 47K)

The absolute cancer generation.
Gibs me dat.
They get everything not even buying cheap, but inherited from hard working previous generation.
Then they have audacity to sell it all to finance their consumerism such as new yacht and travels around the world, leaving all their kin fucked.
Gas the boomers.

Premium Cable

Thats oil bro

Telopea to Narrabeen - now that's a meme.

Day of the nursing home

Day of the North African nursing home

Fucking kek
This is literal denial.

Why would anyone pay to live near Chicongo? High crime + shitty weather. Yeah, sign me the fuck up.

What alternative is there homie? Live in a car?