/smg/ - Stock Market General

Biotech best sector edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books: pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: biotech giant.png (420x420, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lhRKw-y7oG4
fundselectorasia.com/can-pharma-and-biotech-ease-pain-in-a-financial-crisis/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

repostan

here is what I've noticed. Everyone saying "40% correction soon" because it's happened before.

40% on what?

the 30% correction that already happened?

Technology isn't going away. This whole thing is fake and gay. Walmart isn't suddenly going ot be the place to put your money. Seriously, the arguments are fucking stupid.

Real Estate? Sure
Illuminare going down 50%? Fuck off retard
Snapchat? Facebook? I can see that because of decline in social media
Amazon? fuck off

It could be a credit crunch, but consumer spending is still high, so it's a couple years away.

This. Christmas spending will BTFO all the doomers.

I'm expecting things to keep chugging along until late 2019 / early 2020.

new rkg is fake rkg

real one passed away this past summer

Attached: 1541104509358.jpg (837x1200, 425K)

I wont buy anything until my dude weed rebounds to ATH.

Attached: LZWc.gif (600x300, 2.29M)

thing is, self driving cars will balloon the stock market like you've never seen in history, anyone alive will never see soemthing like that

If it happens

Truck/Taxi/Delivery jobs are a huge % of economy
All that spending, goes to tech instead of people
tech is in stock market
stock market balloons

I'm 100% in self-driving tech related plays and will be until 2020, side effect is I get AI too.

What are you holding?

I've been looking into industrial robotics.
People say jobs are going to phase out, so I'll invest in the company making the robots.

>start studying Ichimoku Cloud
>give up after 5 minutes
Anyone else?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

nvda
googl
tsla

No GM, not all are self driving plays, hard to isolate self driving. I just think they all get boosts from it or are involved plus have good other things going on.

manic monday tammarow

Attached: gayy.jpg (968x1200, 794K)

Nah, I really like ichimoku

literally one of the best indicators

I guess I can explain, since I'm no hedgie or good enough to copy or have secrets

nvda is because it was sold off so much, bought under 200. I like their ML stuff and monopoly
Googl, I like waymo pop and I think ML fits perfectly into everything they do.
tsla - Andrej Karpathy is a reason I like it so much. He is very likable and does great ML work and is head of their AI. Plus Tesla is undervalued generally but they have a good self-driving roadmap with largest test driver fleet in world by aces.

youtu.be/lhRKw-y7oG4
here's a good starter video for ichimoku

based

Attached: 1493350654002.png (540x540, 268K)

>start studying Ichimoku Cloud

I've glanced at it in the past. Disregarded because it doesn't do anything I don't already do through other TA. Nothing wrong with it, but i'm firmly in the camp of 'if aint broke don't fix' approach to developing TA strategies.

I'm going to watch a few videos on it this evening and see. It was a couple years ago that I last did any research on the indicator. Maybe now I will see an application for it for my trading style...

The thing that concerns me user is student loan debt, all other debt can be forgiven in bankruptcy except that. It has to be dealt with and if we dont produce jobs for all these liberal arts faggots that are useless, they will default on their loans and cause a bank to fail. When banks fail they cause a chain reaction of banks failing like in 2008. Only way is to print your way out and inflate the shit out of everything.
I dont know when but that bubble is coming, plus robinhood isnt helping now giving normies tons of leverage on the cheap. Thats gonna bite people hard too. I think this fake and gay crash is shorters trying to make people hit their margins.

I dunno, walmart is rolling out a home grocery delivery service plus an expansion of the buy online and pickup at store thing. So if those things take off (and they will cause why drive to the store and deal with all the hassle if they'll deliver the shit to you?) then walmart will see a big boost in profit. Plus the Div is at $2.08 annual per share.

these are going to be the most stressful two days ever, i need to learn how to lock myself way from the market until wed heh.

Even though I live close to walmart and kroger I can see the appeal of the the grocery delivery service. Why bother driving across town, dealing with traffic, dealing with the hassle in store, etc, when I can sit in front of the computer, order my shit, and wait for it to come to me?

Isn't walmart eyeing blue apron as well?

Real crashes take time. Months or years. After Black Tuesday the Market didn’t bottom out till 1933.

Attached: C8419F6F-E0C3-4CCF-9265-2B149889D8D9.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

Good, I'm gonna be taking advantage of all the dipping. Let it all fall, cheaper to buy.

>blue apron
I dunno but the stock is cheap.

SPY gap down confirmed

Attached: 1541108586202.jpg (595x700, 176K)

nvda is an interesting choice when trying to isolate self driving tech. We run one of their clusters for research.
With how easily Microsoft seemed willing to swap to xilinx fab for azure, id wonder if nvda isnt subject to the same unless they have some unique software.

I agree in principle that self driving tech is going to explode and disrupt large parts of the existing economy. The contrarian in me wonders where that industry goes for profit though, since by nature it is going to be a race to the bottom on costs.

you misunderstand

debt is slavery
slavery is good for markets
desperate workers is good for the economy

That's not a risk.

Risk is high-expense debt like building fuck loads of homes and selling them to people who can never pay.

There is minimal resources investing in schooling. It's all a scam/slavery trick.

seems they're using jet to distribute BA goods, might be using it to see if they can provide enough quality food to make it worth buying.

Did it flash in your mind whilst jacking it to guro?

Attached: 1540592806802.jpg (474x463, 30K)

Yes, lots are making their own type of TPU thing.

nvda is still a solid play though. Design costs are skyrocketing. Not everyone will make their own chip and cloud isn't as good. Plus I have googl.

Yeah I just read that. Maybe a nice way to use blue apron as bait. Buy a few shares and wait for the big fish to bite (Amazon or Walmart). The upside to such a tactic would be Amazon or Walmart shares for chump change (or cash). Even a partial Amazon share would be worth it.

Market opening red increases the odds of Large specs filling the gap by end of day, nya

Green day confirmed

Attached: 1541040037891.jpg (2122x2976, 505K)

>confirmed
wait like 12 hours..
Election tuesday

Also why does no one ever talk winners and losers?

Market down/Market up is silly. We can see major recessions in certain areas and still have other shit mooning.

What does the percentage mean?

Translation:
portefolje = portfolio (duh)
år = year

risikoniveau = risk level

Attached: Untitled.png (474x167, 10K)

Gentlemen I have $120k to invest, should I divide this into 10 stocks or a couple ETF's? Long long term savings here

AMRN, my little wonder stock has not faltered yet. As the rest of the market tanked left and right this little guy kept climbing and climbing. It has passed all the hurdles tossed at it thus far. Just one left to go. Then, off comes the restraints and profit will rain down en masses. Keep climbing buddy keep climbing!

Don't be a pussy dump it all into TTNP and become a fucking God.

I would YOLO at least 50% into a high profit options play. If you hit you can retire tomorrow. Wallstreetbets usually has good DD on some new picks. Rest into high dividend staples.

Pull up a list of all the most dangerous highest yielding Riets, Equally weight an average yield of 15%

Understand

Risk-Adjusted-Returns

That concept is very important. If you dont understand it don't invest yet. Where to put your money changes over time.

>Reit
>2019

hahahaah

King Chink speaking right now. Markets and futures are liking it.

buy boomer stocks and diversified dividends yw

Yeah nah
We red as heckies

All in GPRO
it stands for gentlemen, prime return opportunity

Attached: VJO8PLZ_d.jpg (640x766, 47K)

I kinda wanna buy 1 (one) call on MNST (Monster) for earnings to pretend I'm a boomer.

Attached: 46e8f248ebe9187b3c1c7ba1986686788450311183eca8d0cac4908aba396956.png (616x443, 114K)

The trade war is going to last for at least 20 years unless CCP disassembles beforehand

Attached: Selection_037.png (1059x865, 791K)

I've got mine split:
Both ETF/Mutual Fund and stocks. Diversification is assured, profit is a pretty safe bet, and if a few of my stocks take off, well I won't have to worry about much. At the very least I'll keep my loses to a minimum unless everything just tanks.

hmmmmm let me think uhhhh... No.
green day, green week

Attached: 1520192083373.png (249x202, 11K)

this exactly what me dead friend, Calvin would say ;_;

Attached: 1540771514583.jpg (500x500, 135K)

You definitely jack off to guro for your esoteric stock insights.

Attached: 1541197816809.jpg (907x718, 49K)

>MNST at $54.10
>KO at $48.00

Am I missing something

Attached: 1541380644813.png (500x725, 439K)

But there are no /sip/ memes for KO

I'm also hoping for another KO pullback to 44/45 so I can buy calls on them again.

Attached: tetsuya.jpg (728x1095, 164K)

Biotech, Utilities, and Consumer Staples

I'm sipping a Monster right now, actually
Zero Ultra or nothing

Attached: 1539099235868.png (500x393, 311K)

sips are where it's at, the margins on sales are probably a lot higher than soda as well

Attached: 1538847976580.png (636x748, 552K)

I tried a zero ultra because of the meme, but I'm fucking sold; it was like a bump of cocaine in a can.

Attached: 1539906951267.jpg (1403x550, 92K)

Hahahahhaaha retard. You don't know how markets work.
Go in tsla when your ponzi qe-inflated market crashes. Until then, you're literally just giving me money. Thanks cuck.

yeah just confirms how retarted you are
>pe ratios so high they are only realistic in a -1% fed rate environment

Autist.

All three sectors are relatively loosely correlated to the broader market and weather economic recessions well
You have the option to both invest in stable and consistent and stable utilities and consumer staples and expect slow but steady growth and go balls to the wall with small-cap biotech stocks
Everyone needs utilities to survive, people will never stop buying consumer staples, and people will never stop having diseases
The long-term success of a biotech company is based on objective science like the clinical efficacy of a drug, and short term share price movements are notoriously hard to predict
The winning strategy in all 3 sectors is to pick a company with good fundamentals and hodl
I love them
They are my favorite sectors and I will rarely if ever buy a stock outside of them

fundselectorasia.com/can-pharma-and-biotech-ease-pain-in-a-financial-crisis/

Attached: 1540989351148.jpg (918x1200, 196K)

>t. short retard with no argument

for a good reason

If I miss I lose $60k kek. I recently bet wrong on AAPL earnings and lost a good chunk on AMZN shares. Market doesn't feel right

aapl fucked us all bruh

Dont need an argument, i come here for satisfaction. Retards like you are literally lining my pockets, when the money dries for you(it is and will continue for 3 years) it comes flooding to my pocket. Thanks pajeet

stock is 346 dude and I already bought and sold a call from 250-320 run

Okay I looked at the ichimokukoku cloud thing again and I still don't like it.

Post what you've been reading this week smg. Y-you've been working on your brain gains, right??
I just finished Lord of the Flies

who here wants to do a smg election view party type thing where we all get hammered and hope for the red wave to lift our 401ks?

Pelosi is a gift

D house is a gift

I dont want a R sweep

I don't care what broader markets do so long as they stay mild and boring either way. Boring market will allow the dude weed to maybe, hopefully, break bullish off the series of inside candles it's in right now.

Attached: goombette.jpg (850x1205, 237K)

reminder that republicans win midterms and orange bad man take us to recession

democrats win,orange bad man loses power,we all have nice holydays

Put it into FNGD And sell at $100-$120

>investing in weed
Just wondering, I don't look or care about it. Weed is all about finding the "brand name" of the future right? The apple of weed? Some brand that can double margins and shit on everyone else cuz fortnite dances enodrse it or something.

Is there anything else to weed companies? CRISPR? Do recipes or things matter that much?

i know u must be kidding
nobody sane would vote for more people to come in and compete for their already scarce jobs.

>nobody sane would vote for more people to come in and compete for their already scarce jobs.

>having such a low skill job it's threatened by immigrants

lol

h1b

>being this fucking arrogant and naive
hope a nigger kills you or a illegal spic.
what do you think happened to all the jobs our kids used to do when they first got out of highschool? huh nigger?

rekt
esta bien

Attached: 1TcQ9YMEJviNMZij8Av7YqDoHHtC1WKn7zf1-zKZnhM.jpg (660x486, 56K)

wut

Pelosi will help 2020 election chances for Republicans

No one cares if the house is lost for 2 years, Senate is what matters for confirmations.

Pelosi being the #RESIST leader is going to be gold for republicans.

It's the WAR not the battle.

Best situation - win R seats in Senate, Barely lose house.

Brand is a ways in the future. Maybe after a 8-12 months people will be familiar enough with whats available and start showing a clear preference. Right now -talking about Canada specifically here- consumers are more concerned about the online store or brick n' mortar shop they have to go to in order to buy, whether that retailer is reliably keeping up with order volume (looking squarely at you, OCS website), and determining whether the top tier expensive weed currently on offer if truly worth the price.

Winner for the first couple quarters of sales will be whichever LP can keep the shops the best supplied, most quickly resupply after a shop sells out of their stuff.

By recipes do you mean edibles or the plant strain genetics? Edibles are too new to say and also not yet legal in Canada. Strain genetics does matter but not so much in a way that can easily be invested directly in. Bio pharma labs working on prescription meds are a potential boom subsector

Could this be the fabled Newell brand reversal
they own the rights to the ace of spades

Attached: aoaooahiio.png (331x413, 313K)

1/3 sp500 ETF
1/3 Safe blue chippies
1/3 risky fun shit

The more scared of risk you are, descrease risk and plant it in the ETF.

Este onions yo
esta es mi vida
esta es mi oportunidad,
Este onions yo
esta es mi voz
tal vez no hay manana ¡NO!,
Este onions yo
esta es mi voz
y nadie se queda aqui ¡yeah!,
Este es mi vuelo
esta es mi voz
y nadie se queda aquí, ¡asi!

Could it be best distribution model? Like who is the Dominos of weed. Easiest to use app with an okay product.

kek Jow Forums filter :P

RKG is a spic

makes sense, I buy it.

>I want to be a normie
the guide

I understand some people may fuck up their savings but could we all agree /smg/ should be pure meme advice?

Yeah, that's a problem under current retail framework. It varies by province, online is done by the government's websites alone for now, some provinces have retail brick n' mortar, some don't. Ontario's major fuckup with legalization roll out is they did not allow any private brick n' mortar shops to open in their province. That's why their website is so far behind on orders.

>Ontario's major fuckup with legalization roll out is they did not allow any private brick n' mortar shops to open in their province

...immediately on legalization date. Their shops are supposed to be allowed to open early 2019. Anyway, they fucked up hard on that.

Weed seems like the perfect product to do by drone though. Since you can drop it and it won't be that damaged plus it's high value.

el lo sabe
tirarlo

Attached: arrojarlo.jpg (285x322, 21K)

Probably going to do that, options 1/3, VOO, and a mix of companies like Boeing, Coke, Disney etc.

point still stands

kek, why are you against a free market user?

Reading some value investing material, I read a page of Moby Dick but I havent been sucked into the story yet :^).
Those Damn Horse Soldiers, if your into cavalry and Civil War stuff.

Poor americans dont deserve to suffer more because they're poor.

>people can "deserve" things

Attached: crocodile tears.jpg (240x320, 52K)

Is robinhood the best broker if you are in the us and is just starting out in the stock market?

CRMD, rumor is that Pfizer will buy them out for $9.00 a share after the FDA approval. Earnings comes this week and an amazing cup and handle pattern.

Attached: stock crmd.png (696x354, 23K)

All evidence to the contrary