I have one more year of undergrad then want to go to law school

I have one more year of undergrad then want to go to law school.
Any lawyers on Jow Forums who can tell me how to get rich and comfy? Need advice please.

Attached: anacher.jpg (1080x1350, 150K)

Kek most lawyers are poor and do paperwork all day. Plus a lot of that industry will be automated with smart contracts in the next 10 years.
>TLDR definitely go to law school

Don't even bother unless you get into a t14 or have a job waiting for you. You're just kidding yourself thinking you'll make it otherwise.

Assuming I don't get into t14 what the fuck is there for an English major to do to get rich?

you should look at employment summaries for recent graduates of whatever schools you're interested in, to start.

lol I hope this is bait. But anyway, you could probably publish an insanely popular blog. Or become an author.

>an English major
you're definitely not getting into a t14 with an English degree from a public school, maybe from someplace like Bard but I doubt it. If mommy or daddy will pay you can give it a shot, double major in JD/LLM. If you borrow you will spend your life daydreaming about insurance fraud or living in a 3rd world shithole teaching english to avoid paying your debt
I would look into the housekeeping or truck driving trades

Attached: 1541029455309.jpg (1702x2048, 1.12M)

Not bait. I studied English because that's probably the best pre-law degree you could choose.

You know all that matters for getting into law school is your LSAT score and GPA, right?
You can literally study whatever the fuck you want for undergrad.

>that's probably the best pre-law degree you could choose
That is precisely wrong. English majors get zero respect. Occasionally a talented Comp lit student gets into a respectable school but they're usually flaky geniuses who read/speak 7 different languages. You don't seem like one of those. A degree in English, especially these days, is akin to a degree in feeling feelings with all the attendant honors and respect owed to such.

>all that matters for getting into law school is your LSAT score and GPA
You can "get into" a law school without even taking the LSAT, you can also "get into" hock with the mob, a bad drug habit, some stripper with a mongo kid and VD... all these you can "get into" pretty easy. The question is why would you?

What are you doing in a law thread if it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about?
Most pre-law is history, english or humanities.

My buddy's brother is a lawyer. Used to work for an evil firm, basically got Jerry McGuire'd and now works for himself. He does some cool shit, makes interesting contacts, etc. Look into becoming a better call Saul type of dude. He makes comfy enough bank to where he just gets high as fuck and plays VR most of the time

Young Lawyer here, single best advice i can give you:

-Learn relevant languages during your time at Uni. Im native spanish speaker in LATAM, also I speak english, portuguese (because Brazil has a huge influence here), and Mandarin Chinese (obvius reasons).
You wont believe how much advantage this kind of skill gives you at the moment you apply to a big Law Firm. From there learn the ins and outs of the specific area you are inclined to, in my case was I.P, play your cards and open your boutique bussiness.

Thank me later.

Attached: 3172873_0.jpg (630x630, 49K)

You are obviously poor/not smart. If you are thinking of going someplace like Temple or Rutgers or some other ttt good luck, you will find lots of english majors there, but you won't be in Northwestern or even Duke much less a t14. And you won't be "acing" that LSAT friend. The best scores are had by the Hard science majors, math majors, pre med, pre law ... everything else is dreck. If you think that most corporate lawyers have a degree in English you are very mistaken.

I speak Tagalog. Long story, don't ask how.
t. not Filipino, white American.

frame game?! dude what happened to you

Careful about getting into heavy debt just to go to a meh tier school. A lot of people get rekt doing that. The military can probably help, if you're interested in that. (I've noticed a lot of law prospects are interested in becoming an officer) I'd suggest getting a bit of work experience first and maybe retaking the LSAT if you think you could do better with more study.

I plan on doing estate law which is fairly profitable. You could try that out. The good thing is that you can be fairly entrepreneurial after you pass the bar. If you graduate and can't find a job, you can get a regular 40 hours per-week job, and then do coffee shop legal work on the side to try and build some credibility. Eventually you'll be able to get a job with someone else or start your own firm.

Have friends/family to hang onto helps a lot too. If your parents are okay with you living with them then you could do that and go all in on starting your own practice. Eventually you'll brute force your way into success.

Any undergrad can get you in. I think GPA is the most important thing about it, really. But I think philosophy is the best pre-law degree, followed by poli-sci.

Poli-sci will not help you in law school in any way. I know b/c i am in law school and I majored in poli-sci. It didn't hurt, but it won't help.

What is your wisdom as a law student? Indulge us.
LSAT, GPA and could you tell us where you're going?

I won't tell you any of that. I will tell I don't go to a t14 school, not by far. But my school is good for the state I'm in. Sometimes I love law school and sometimes I hate it. A lot of students are afraid they won't get jobs, some of them are right. This is cliche but law school is what you make of it. Most people need lawyers at some point in their lives, if you're better than the other attorneys around people will hire you. If you take a shit case where your clients have been told they'll get $0 and you get them $100k you can make it. You have to be clever. You also have to be lucky. Connections can make all the difference and never know who is connected.

Having said that, law school is a big gamble. If you're set on going take a good, and I mean good LSAT prep program. You need scholarship money. Don't blow the doors off by spending $200k just at law school, that debt isn't going away.

Try doing a legal internship before you commit to law school. Maybe you'll hate it.

I studied law but it's not all its cracked up to be.

Now work in IT where I make a decent living.

Better question is how to create a better society which narrow minded capitalists don’t understand