Equity trader here

equity trader here

You're speculating on the value of a service. Utility tokens represent the cost of a service,
And the cost of the service has been propped up by traders/market-makers who have zero utility for the token/coin. They are hoping some other fool will buy it at a higher price.
Majority of the tokens are in the hands of people who have absolutely zero use of them. Fair valuation for majority of the tokens = $0. You cannot write a financial statement on a utility token that has limited to no adoption.
Majority of the utitility tokens are in a bubble and can collapse anytime.
Ownership of the coin or token doesn't represent ownership (equity) of the technology, licences.

Attached: ikea hydroponics garden (2).jpg (1000x665, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jeffkauflin/2018/08/01/tricks-of-a-crypto-trader-meet-asias-hottest-crypto-hedge-fund/#4aacf2341c02
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Youre talking to a brick wall, none of these retards want to hear this. They all still think its 2014 and they are going to be millionaires if the hold long enough for the ''next boom'' lmao

yep, you're right
but still, this is very complicated sector to understand by other people, because of this it's easy to sell your bags when media hype is on fire and people don't have time to make their own research, when they have to make fast and emotional decisions
that's crazy

The idea is that at some point these tokens will become adopted, have real life usage on a grand scale.
Then you would be able to sell these tokens to people that want them; the price of a token seems to be irrelevant for its potential utility (whether you buy a pizza for 10K btc or 0.001 btc, it doesn't really matter for the seller or the buyer).

That’s why my only investment is XRP. Did you see the recent news of MasterCard visa integration and plans of office opening at the Summit? I come from Wallstreet so it made sense as it’s value was in what it could achieve. But obviously I’m seen as a shill circle jerking.

>the cost of the service has been propped up by traders/market-makers
Do you know what a market-maker is ? Are you seriously an equity trader ? Are you employed ? How did you fake yourself into this job ? Do you have any basic understanding of economics ? Is finance really full of idiots ?

You are completely right OP and in a future dystopian world the usefulness of a decentralized currency and computation will be worth more than it is today.Thats why its a no brainer to invest in it.

>'I come from Wallstreet'
>'Wallstreet'
the absolute state

By that I meant my background and roots of finance started with trading. Options, stocks, even pink sheet crap. Learned about the way markets worked and took several years to absorb some shit like Greeks in options ( theta, Vega, Delta, etc ). I only started getting serious in crypto when I saw how volatile it was. But I was ignorant as volatile values are a bit of a burden on any financial backing as it’s never definitive. This goes for everything even XRP.

Anyway what I meant was that I looked at the choice as most logical to my experience in Wallstreet. XRP isn’t mineable so no reliance on hashing like BTC and ETH is on China, it has the traits of a USD currency with ability of inflation and Deflation along with Quantitative Easing. And it’s not affected by holding more like NANO is with its network relying on big holders to be honest in the network to keep it stable while also having the lack of hidden workings and transparent enough to be a normal currency unlike XMR and any other private focused coin.

Marking up a price before distribution is incorrect ?

If you think a market maker is a liquidity provider then you're a fucking NPC brainlet.
Institutional investors like, hashed, kinetic capital, FBG capital are the fucking market makers in crypto. They are nothing more then whole-saler BUYERS (not investors) who have bought your worthless utility token at 50-60% discount.
Launch a media hype campaign.
Marked up the price
Sold their worthless marked up tokens at premium to idiots like you.
What a brainlet.

Attached: 960x0.jpg (960x2843, 160K)

forbes.com/sites/jeffkauflin/2018/08/01/tricks-of-a-crypto-trader-meet-asias-hottest-crypto-hedge-fund/#4aacf2341c02

While majority of the brainlets in this space are waiting for institutional investments....
Guess who sold them their worthless utility tokens at a high premium.
It's all pump and dump.

Yeah thing is this is why pace is so fucked up and hard to evaluate anything, it this shitshow --to understand crypto completely you need to be financial and tech savvy and judging by your comments you are you are technologically impaired

You are kidna right cost of the service has been propped up by traders -acually market itself as whole at this moment, but thing is people are betting utility of tokens will go parabolic when everyone needs them (lets say if if smart contract succeeds to be usefful to society and implemented in every day life and so on)

So yeah ...fair valuation for majority of the tokens = $0, majority of the utitility tokens are in a bubble, ownership of the coin or token doesn't represent equityof the technology, but few that gets adopted could go so much more in value

If you fail to see why some of this shit is big and game changing and could get adopted in long time frame fuck it dunno what to tell you user

I actually believe you are from traditional finance
because you fail to see bigger picture and understand how open source permissionless ledgers could have global value

Attached: 1511788540946s.jpg (125x91, 3K)

This guy gets it.

Attached: Adventure.jpg (480x350, 42K)

HAHAHAH

>Did you see the recent news of MasterCard visa integration and plans of office opening at the Summit? I come from Wallstreet so it made sense as it’s value was in what it could achieve. But obviously I’m seen as a shill circle jerking.

maybe because you shill circle jerking???
Whats the utillity value of xrp to you?
You agree that ownership of the coin or token doesn't represent equity of the technology BUT HEY DID YOU SEE THE NEWS VISA BABY

Fucking deluded xrp shills

Btw i own none xrp or xlm I just shitpost and gamble on long/shorst as hobby but so no "shill" or "fud" here but i noticed:

>xrp huge new, huge partnesrhisps payed bill clinton and snoop dog to shill they bags

>xlm buyes fucking chain!!! (if you "come from Wallstreet" you would know its literally only crypto related entity taken seriously by big players and institutions)

maybe evaluate how you rate news user

Attached: 1515663909236.jpg (683x930, 112K)

Well skycoin is then undervalued asf. For holding 1 skycoin, you will get lifetime access to thousands of VPNs around the world (currently it's free because of testnet). And that is only 1 of the functions you can get for like 3$.

>They are hoping some other fool will buy it at a higher price.
Greater fool argument is like first day in crypto tier

JP morgan alone is moving 6 trillion dollars a day from bank to bank.
6 TRILLION.. take into account the other 600 banks and you have a idea what kind of challenges lay ahead for blockchain.

People here get their pants wet when XRP handles 10.000 transactions per second.

We are in the early dot.com bubble, naive speculators were speculating on domain names.
There are over 1000 utility tokens for 1 specific usage case.
There were over 1000 domain names for 1 specific product.
Then came amazon - the rest is history.

Out of the 2000 utility tokens, only a few will be succesful from a business perspective. I will not name which one.

If I want to implement blockchain into my business.
I can hire a team of developers, fork ethereum, modify the code, issue tokens the ethereum ropsten network for free.

Or I can sign up at Google CLOUD, blockchain as a service, hire a team, develop my own my dapp, google handles the distribution.

People don't understand that the value of a network is mainly derived from it's acvitity not from market speculators.

We are in the early days of web-design, people used to make good money on html.
Then wordpress popped out of nowhere, the rest is history.

I invest in business, not tech. Tech evolves.

but investing in the business is the token/coin. you think bitcoin is good tech in 2018?

>will not name which one
You're just as clueless as all others.

I'm on moble now.

>something something 6 TRILLION people here get their pants wet when XRP handles 10.000 transactions per second.

Exacly, but thats just 1 usecase.
I dont give shit will bank or swift be replaced by xrp, xlm or etheremu connected on link nodes in 2028 -truth to be told i dont know, you dont know, noone fucking knows-maybe, maybe not

>out of the 2000 utility tokens, only a few will be succesful from a business perspective. I will not name which one

of course you dont know and cant name it, neather can I -thats sole reason why space is such a huge speculative bubble

>If I want to implement blockchain into my business.
I can hire a team of developers, fork ethereum, modify the code, issue tokens the ethereum ropsten network for free.
Or I can sign up at Google CLOUD, blockchain as a service, hire a team, develop my own my dapp, google handles the distribution.
people don't understand that the value of a network is mainly derived from it's acvitity not from market speculators.

See this is why I sad because you fail to see bigger picture and understand how open source permissionless ledgers could have global value, forking eth is begginers tire argument

First, yes big guys acually wast private blockchains, but private blockchains make 0 sense if they cant connect to other private chains or publick chain in longhaul

Second you see one usecase from Your narrow point of view there is so much to publick chains than u make it to be, brightest examples smartcontracts, nft, sto, and so on -all wich have 0 no sense or usefulness on private ledgers

>people don't understand that the value of a network is mainly derived from it's acvitity not from market speculators.

exacly and people speculate on huge activity on network in future -what are chances of succeeding i dont know and you dont know it is specualtive market by nature

>I invest in business, not tech. Tech evolves

Yeah but you cant invest in open source buisnees by buing shares in company can you? -it is new narative and paradigm shift you people have so hard time to wrap your head around