Nassim taleb: global economic collapse imminent

zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-04/nassim-taleb-explains-how-global-economy-more-fragile-today-2007

Real estate
Bonds
To get raped

Recommends holding gold
Sighh too bad this thread wont get replies

Attached: 2018.11.04taleb.jpg (500x263, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/opacity/bitcoin-1537e616a074
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Timing the bubble pop
The last few years worked really well for the doomsday fag.

Dude is extremely rich i think ill follow his advice more

>Peter Schiff
So you haven't bought BTC and bought gold in the last years?
>Warren Buffett
So you haven't bought into an tech stocks?

They are defying all laws of nature by saying there will be another recession. THey are supposed to say that everything is fine and growth is backed by real numbers! WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!

He never timed anything.
Berkshire Hathaway owns about 5% of Apple.

Ive read his book, and its really confusing. Am i a brainlet or what?

The fucker contradicts himself the whole time

The Concerto series introduces some of the most important concepts (antifragility, skin in the game, asymmetry) to not only financial markets but also everyday life. I would really encourage you to read a synopsis or analysis of the parts you didn't understand.

>This FUD against the man who's entire body of work is about predictions and knowledge are mostly bullshit

"Just like he did in the run-up to the 2008 crash, Taleb isn't trying to forecast the next crash; he's only trying to explain how the global economy has become "more fragile today" than it was in 2007."

Taleb is a meme but he says smart things occasionally

so where should I put my moeny into

No he doesn't contradict himself ever except for some times but that's his whole point, you have to be fragile and antifragile as a response mechanism what dont you get?

Guns and ammo

My understanding of talebs approach to investing is that rather than investing in medium-risk stuff, he prefers very safe stuff and some very risky stuff with large upside potential, primarily because the medium risk stuff is actually complicated and therefore likely to be high risk anyway and we just don't perceive the rieks (until they fuck us).

And I think that makes sense.

I don't have any stocks outside my 401k and my 401k is probably like 80% cash-equivalent and 20% stocks.

Outside my.401k is 100© crypto. So I'm not following taleb's advice, obviously.

>some very risky stuff with large upside potential
what would that be?

none of you have read infragility or black swan like the nietzche-superior human I am and I can easily tell you that this guy is a massive fraud who can only shit on neoclassical probability models

Attached: 1540622336435.gif (400x300, 885K)

This.
Peter Schiff has been screaming "another bubble" since 2012.

In The black swan he says his very high risk stuff is biotech companies.

Taleb wrote the forward in the Bitcoin Standard. He's very pro-Bitcoin.

> “Bitcoin has no owner, no authority that can decide on its fate. It is owned by the crowd, its users. And it now has a track record of several years, enough for it to be an animal in its own right. Its mere existence is an insurance policy that will remind governments that the last object the establishment could control, namely, the currency, is no longer their monopoly. This gives us, the crowd, an insurance policy against an Orwellian future.”

medium.com/opacity/bitcoin-1537e616a074

Attached: BitcoinStandard.jpg (331x500, 32K)

But how does he hedge against black swans?

Taleb is one of the few people I trust when it comes to most things. Brilliant guy.

>global economic collapse imminent clickbait
t. zerohedge, literally every day of the year

Listen to all, Follow none.
Make your own decision based on everything you've learn, don't be an NPC.

its funny to watch the predictions change as well. Now the 2018 predictions are out of the window its the 2020 recession. No one has a clue when its going to happen.

Dude was a pro options trader, he probably can do a hundred different hedge plays. He doesn't explain a lot of the practical stuff in depth though. Just a few lines about safest bet being treasuries held to maturity and his preffered risk play being biotech.

He has one book about options trading called 'Dynamic Hedging' that I'm planning to read some time. Though I doubt I'll understand much.

I want to learn options but since im a newb i just stick to covered calls for now and get a few dollars here and there. Maybe ill grow the balls to do a cash covered put one of these days.

Taleb is second only to Trump as the best troll on twitter

The nature of black swans is they can’t be predicted so you need to build into your system “anti-fragility.”
Consider how they over-engineer bridges to hold more weight than they’d ever realistically need to. That way, if some crazy unpredictable event happens, your bridge is less likely to collapse. Another factor in anti-fragility is your system needs to gain from chaos and attack. To continue the bridge metaphor, your bridge should gain strength when stressed by over-use.
The idea is to make robust systems, because life is random and if your systems requires a certain set of conditions to work, you’re guaranteed to get fucked at some point when those conditions are no longer met.

>Consider how they over-engineer bridges to hold more weight than they’d ever realistically need to. That way, if some crazy unpredictable event happens, your bridge is less likely to collapse.

This is robustness, not antifragility. Antifragility would mean the bridge is more like muscle, that it gets *stronger* after carrying heavy loads.

>respawning before you read the whole post

>posting before coffee

Fuck, I'm also tired of repeatedly correcting people who get that exact thing wrong.

As explained (but not perfectly)

You hedge against black swans by being antifragile. You also want to take advantage of positive black swans (eg invest in crypto in early days)

Nassim "Breakfast is for fragilistas, I consume only squid ink and tap water" Taleb is one of my favourite people.
If you like Taleb's tweets, check out 'Extreme Taleb' on twitter.

Anyone with a brain is pro-bitcoin these days

Attached: TraitsOfMoney.png (661x394, 190K)