/smg/ - Stock Market General

Houseki no Kuni edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books: pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 1511057396987.gif (614x720, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsmax.com/t/finance/article/889438/8
youtube.com/watch?v=C1EpE65yXK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Am I going to regret this? I'm not too confident in this. I feel like I should have waited

Attached: F78288AE-0430-4F45-BB6D-87B0F48CB3DC.png (1125x2436, 356K)

green tag = green tuesday
dubs reverses

Attached: Untitled.png (689x451, 122K)

All in on BABA boyos

Its gonna go back up but a climb to 207 by the end of this week is maybe expecting too much.

2-3 days for robinhood to deposit
But i wanna lose money tomorrow!

See

>tfw all the weed stocks went up but I dont have any

Attached: 1507160669341.png (808x805, 233K)

Attached: 121754493530.jpg (628x702, 53K)

I'm with you bb, although I managed to buy at the top today so I ended up looseing like £1.50 over all.

I'm hoping it will recover like AMD did last week. I don't expect it to go to $207, I'd probably sell for 20% gains. After I bought, I realized that the 9th was on Friday... If it drops 50%, I'm gonna double down

what the fuck is the deal with the anime pics??

aramco nyse ipo when

RKG said today would be a red day, but I cleaned up on greenies.

Attached: 1540092277369.jpg (720x795, 33K)

rolling

> is on a weeb anime forum
>whats with all the anime

user.

OH NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHA
OH NO NO NO

newsmax.com/t/finance/article/889438/8

Attached: Screenshot_20181105-154012.png (1080x1920, 455K)

Oooh, I can't wait to scoop up some cheapies from that.

fucking amerimutt economy has now periodically exploding housing market baked into it jfc

Attached: 1539727841704.jpg (3490x3124, 765K)

You can't buy a house with 10 shares of apple, user

Good thing I don't own shares of apple.
I own qqq shares, but the nasdaq might as well be renamed to the aapldaq for how much it fucking tanks when tim cook drops a cumfart.

Attached: 1541009418733.jpg (750x866, 427K)

It's almost as if people need to be able to afford homes for their prices to be sustained.

Buy Nasdaq

Attached: f76ffhfhffsda.png (336x383, 169K)

if I keep making gains, I might be able to buy a rental property

NEET life here I come

I own apple, oh well this is just a bump, it'll recover.
I plan to hold all my stocks,etf's,etc for 15-20 yrs. I'm sure that at the end of it I'll have a nice profit to show for my efforts.

So what's the likely outcome of the mid-terms on the market?

Mild hit or nothing if the Dems take the House, more likely a big hit if by some unholy miracle the Dems take the Senate.

Anime is very important for stock trading.

Also green as fuck day tomorrow and gap up majorest of major leagues on Wednesday.

Attached: chaika.png (946x833, 606K)

I'm waiting for a buyout at the moment
If that happens, I'll sell at whatever that price ends up being, if not, probably $10

Attached: 1539710648641.jpg (750x1334, 368K)

I don’t particularly care for anime either but it is Jow Forums. Are you new or something?

Attached: 642ABFA8-980B-4779-AE61-AEA4821F23E5.jpg (499x533, 89K)

wanna bet me that you'll lose?

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 5K)

fuck it

Attached: 1540039257461.jpg (600x450, 85K)

Fuck this shitty ass volatile market. I'm just going to dump my cash in tomorrow and bet on a good election outcome.

Attached: 236d2297ca0ded82aca68769ac1ca6aa.jpg (300x250, 76K)

cant wait. looking for the right spot to dump my one REIT

i'm thinking about owning a few charter fishing boats once i make my nut. the market in my area might be over-saturated but there's also a lot of demand during peak season

Checked. Anime = green candles.

Attached: 1538945361419.png (965x720, 664K)

Had class so couldn't check in around end of day. How'd everyone's day go?

Who here /kratom & trade/?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Fucking checked, we won!

TA for Quinsam Capital Corp. I mentioned opening a position today in this stock and figured to explain why I have decided it's a good idea to chuck a bunch of cash at a penny stock investment firm.

Reason 1: QCA holds account a million bucks worth of pre-IPO shares/warrants of Acreage Holdings. Acreage Holdings will very likely open for public trade a some multiple of those pre-IPO buy in prices (Acreage is scheduled to list on the CSE November 12th). QCA also actively trades their positions and are likely to take profit on a sizeable percentage of their Acreage shares if market debut price is sufficiently high.
2. QCA has mooned off the strength of its dude weed holdings holdings before, setting a 2018 high of $1.19 back in January. That is a 4x from current SP
3. Chart looks good for entry. See pic related. Rising CCI just recently pushed above -100 off a low, 50 day SMA crossed above 100 day SMA last week, RSI is neutral at 47, MACD cross on 4h chart with a curl towards a cross on the daily.

disclaimer: stocks that trade on the CSE are easy to manipulate and subject to shenanigans on regular basis. It's about as wild west as the Canadian market gets short of the suicide NEO exchange for trash.

Attached: QCA1.jpg (1847x941, 517K)

i have kratom, only used it once. it was like white borneo or something. i took too much and got anxiety

Attached: dragteachingkids.jpg (749x637, 89K)

go back to your wage cage NPC 474262

This photo gives me violent urges

Attached: 1540436058297.gif (606x423, 467K)

So is GE stock a buy now? Some seem to think the worst is over. Might get some of that BHGE before they spin the shit off.

if dems take the house im pulling out all my funds and going 50% sqqq
america is dead if we dont get this immigration issue under control

I need them to fall below 9 before Friday but after that I'll consider buying them

save it for the day after tomorrow. it's gonna be unpredictable tomorrow.
i got all kinds of cheapies i wanna scoop up wednesday

How much longer am I supposed to wait? I already missed huge gains because I didn't strike at the bottom last week.

Attached: 1fb.png (600x583, 273K)

GE is a cyclical stock, currently still in a downtrend. There's no point in trying to guess the "bottom", much less risky to just wait for the uptrend to start, they will go on a run for years once it does (see BA).

If you are not already in, put your money elsewhere for now. If you are already holding bags, then chill out because you will be laughing in 10 years time anyway. Doom sayers are retarded.

eh
cant win em all

Attached: 71014581_p0.jpg (1176x1367, 557K)

you got the right idea, fren.
if i had free cash i'd be riding the swings on either TQQQ or SQQQ tomorrow. i'm predicting huge volatility.
i've heard that the market should bounce back regardless of the outcome. but this is an unprecented election. idgaf if i win or lose tomorrow i just wanna watch. it's historic.

>save it for the day after tomorrow
>How much longer am I supposed to wait?

Attached: 1538269555231.gif (350x403, 509K)

>but this is an unprecented election
explain

Attached: giphy.gif (352x240, 625K)

If you can get a 5x return on one you only need to be right 20% of the time.

Attached: 1540160454105.jpg (400x400, 87K)

>but this is an unprecented election

How so? Several midterm elections have been equally hotly contested in the past. Most have broader market volatility in the weeks leading in to them regardless if they were expected to have meaningful outcome or not. The statistic on post midterm market trend is 89% green. What is different about this midterm?

Admit total loss

Attached: 1518206426524.jpg (400x400, 30K)

What're thoughts on Twitter? I've made money off them before and bought back in awhile ago before that big correction but now I'm back to being in the green. Should I keep holding? Anyone think it'll see 40s again?

you didn't miss any gains unless you bought high and sold low. if you're expecting to buy the bottom and sell the top EVERY FUCKING TIME you should just buy scratchers. THIS IS A WAITING GAME.
if you wanna buy now do it. if you pick a stock that isn't shit it doesn't matter

Attached: el dorado.jpg (1170x660, 150K)

>If you can get a 5x return on one you only need to be right 20% of the time.

That assumes an equal holding on all trades, too. Cut your losses on losers quick enough and you need even less of a hit percentage to realize profitable gains overall.

every time you get smug, you always lose the next day

Attached: 1538449738956.jpg (260x436, 26K)

Reminder to vote tommorow!

The worst likely has yet to come. They're under investigation for cooking the books and nobody knows where they honestly sit financially. The only clue is that shit is bad enough for them to cut the dividend to a penny. I say it fluctuates through this quarter from degenerate gamblers banking on a magical turnaround and restoration of the dividend at the conclusion of the SEC investigation or alternatively arguing that the current price is the bottom and theres "nowhere to go but up". Then later next year the investigation concludes and we officially find out how bad it is. GE reveals they're going to continue operating at a loss through the next year or so and that the penny dividend is going to be fixed until further notice. Then the real floor is hit during the summer. After people go full retard and mistake it for being on its way out like Sears, GE begins to rally back up at the end of the summer when Culp trims some fat by announcing layoffs, they ramp up overseas production, and they announce that they're cutting any nonprofitable lines of appliances.

tl;dr - wait until people freak out at the conclusion of the SEC investigation, thats when the real cheapies will arrive and it becomes a good idea to hold. Only get in now if you're just planning on flipping the stock as a pump and dump for quick profit against people who mistakenly think its currently at the floor.

Attached: Rememberwhenspongebobwasagodpretendstobetumblr_5a9fe2_5892972.jpg (632x485, 55K)

>voting

I have a hard time devoting the mental energy to caring about politics at this point, desu

Attached: 1538856573570.gif (500x428, 2.9M)

I'm gonna vote but at this point I just get a kick out of how fucking absurd the political theatre has become

Probably going to 50 and beyond
everyone in the world tuning in to watch Musk and Trump
ad revenue through the roof

Set a stop loss for 2% below your initial investment, of course you can adjust it for volatility.
Do people not set stop loss or tailing stop for every trade?

Attached: 1540748389464.gif (480x270, 118K)

>being sensible
how do you think pink wojak became a meme?

have you ever seen so much volatility in the public?
there is a great divide in public sentiment.
if republicans win i predict
+manufacturing
+aerospace
+MIC
-europe
-china
if democrats win i predict
the opposite
index dip. good buy opportunity. it will recover

>Do people not set stop loss or tailing stop for every trade?

Apparently not. Usually when you bring up stop losses on any sort of stock forum, it triggers of a wave of anons saying they don't use them on account of some freak dip that stops them out only to return to regularly scheduled trend instantly once they're bumped out. I did some math on that claim when I started trading a few years ago. It turns out, from paper trading sims I did to test, using a stop loss saves my ass around 85% of the time (stock continues lower for period of time thereafter). That is hardly empirical statistic but it was enough for me to conclude 'no stop loss' meme is garbage and might be perpetuated by other traders who wish to keep folks hodling through a dive so they have enough liquidity to get out themselves.

Attached: AnimuLoliPilot.jpg (703x1024, 199K)

>set stop loss
>get flagged as a daytrader after a volatile period like last month, especially since most people here will trade non-blue chip stocks
>tax man breaks out the spiked dildo on April 15th
>pic related
Not really worth it for most wagies,. Holding is more than just meme investment advice.

Attached: 1515979756754.png (520x678, 514K)

>have you ever seen so much volatility in the public?

That's hard to quantify. I recall Bush Jr.'s first term being subject to extensive media debate on account of him not actually winning the election in the conventional way, his crusade in Iraq on false pretenses, etc. Dot com bubble burst occurred shortly before this period, too.

new investor here, how do i stop from getting raped when the stock gaps down below my stop loss?

any good french stock?

I'm gonna vote, namely cause my workplace gives me 4 hrs to do it (half a day). they do this every election. local,state, and fed it don't mater. But the catch is that you gotta vote or least sign the book stating you were there. They check that shit. Anyone who abuses it can get fired (rare) or they make you use your own time to make up for the 4 hrs you stole.

i'm looking for a good french or belgian stock does anyone know one? Luxembourg is ok too.

You can hedge against that by only stop lossing a portion of your holding, not having a large percentage of your portfolio devoted to a single stock, buying some insurance puts, etc.

stop losses work for day/swing trading. if you're hodling long term only weak hands use stop losses and that's why they lose
i miss old Jow Forums when it was just endless pump and dumps. now it's all warren buffet groupies

you don't need to be day trading for a stop loss to be a good idea

GREEEEEEEN

Fair enough.
The investing courses and books I've read generally seem to outline the importance of risk management early on. I guess the crypto TA guys skip those parts.

Cute pic, saved.

Reasonable point, but that would mean they bought those stocks and bailed on the same day. If you're at two strikes; hold off until your 5 days clears.

MUS.LIM

I was thinking about buying 100, but only at 7.00-8.00.

Trump wont be able to build a wall or do shit if we dont get a gop majority.
Another two years of Russia and media propaganda. Then what is he going to run on in 2020? Building the wall and locking her up? Fucking KEK

Attached: 1532802846396.jpg (650x567, 175K)

daylight savings time is bullshit

bpost seems like a good dividend stock now. They have their er the 7th.
proximus seems like another good one.
befimmo seems like a good reit but it's going down lately. Maybe a good buy when it bottoms out.
I don't know any good growth stocks from belgium/ France though.

>That's hard to quantify. I recall Bush Jr.'s first term being subject to extensive media debate on account of him not actually winning the election in the conventional way, his crusade in Iraq on false pretenses, etc. Dot com bubble burst occurred shortly before this period, too.

most people in this general are unironically too young to remember bush jr's first term, or were in elementary school

Should I invest in an oil ETF?

>daylight savings time is bullshit

Seconded with prejudice. 'oh but you gain an hour of sleep xD' my ass. It screws up my schedule twice a year and I hate it.

Attached: WojackDark.jpg (543x600, 123K)

I was in high school. i wore a white polo shirt that i drew on with a sharpie. it said "IM NOT RACIST I HATE EVERYONE"
i voted for obama

all in SOXL

its 7:00 here and it feels like 11:00

Someone posted a video from inside Aphria's new Double Diamond greenhouse facility today. Not operational yet but getting close.

The video is just the guy running the length of the place holding the camera. Pretty bizarre for me to see all these giant greenhouses devoted to growing weed. I'm not THAT old (35) but even so, for most of my life weed growing involved aluminum foil and a series of sketchily wired light fixtures in an unfinished basement.

youtube.com/watch?v=C1EpE65yXK4

6:20 here and it's pitch black outside, this sucks

Attached: Maximiliano Hernandez Martinez.jpg (497x700, 68K)

I wish he had just walked instead of violently shaking the camera around for the sake of making the video a bit shorter
That place is fucking huge, though

Attached: 1539402519091.jpg (1157x1200, 121K)

Its 8:25 p.m. hate this shit. just settle on one time and be done with it.

I only set a stop loss once and I've regretted it ever since. I did secure some profits but the company's fundamentals were good so the stock recovered and is waay up now.

Looks like my puts will expire worthless
ch'keem

Attached: speechless.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

It closed +8% and went up another 3% after hours.

Attached: cap this.png (1256x123, 30K)

my old neighbor does the standup concrete buildings.. he told me in they are building big ass ones in the desert just for growing weed. Imo weed is going to get so cheap it might not even be profitable to grow for awhile.

>weed growing involved aluminum foil and a series of sketchily wired light fixtures in an unfinished basement.
Why even waste your time? If you aren't at least running a high pressure sodium light you aren't going to get good bud at all.

no, then ill prolly lose more broski