I have $200. Four of my friends have $200. I buy $200 worth of coin A. My friends each buy $200 of coin B, C, D and E...

I have $200. Four of my friends have $200. I buy $200 worth of coin A. My friends each buy $200 of coin B, C, D and E. We all plan on HODLing our $200 bags until we see 10x ROI, or for two years. Whichever comes first.

There's an inherent risk in having each of our portfolios consist of a single coin, obviously, but none of us have enough capital to diversify, and none of us have the time or energy to try our hand at more aggressive, short-term investing strategies.

So we decide to pool our crypto together. Five buddies, each with equal initial investments, and a group portfolio of five different coins. We agree to split the return on our investments equally, either after two years of holding, or because our portfolio mooned before then.

Our logic behind this is that, even if only one of the five of us makes a decent profit in the end, all five of us benefit. It's significantly decreasing risk.

Assuming myself and my four buds completely trust each other and will stick to the agreement, what are the downsides to this?

It would effectively be moon mission insurance, multiplying our chances of a payout by five at the expense of only seeing a fifth of our profits in the event of a nice ROI.

Attached: when-you-havent-told-anyone-in-5-minutes-hodl-hodl-hodl-hodl-hodl-hodl-hodl-hodl-hodlhodlhdl.jpg (500x463, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uRf-sRZBiHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

surely you can afford to put at least $200 a month away each that's $24000 after 2 years

>put $200 a month away for two years
>$200 a month for two years
>two years = 24 months
>$200 * 24 = $4,800

Where'd ya get $24k from, son

brainlet

>each
Fuck, you right ;_;

Bad idea, too much of a chance of people getting burnt.

Downside is that even if something goes a 100x you will have to split it with your ''friends''.
youtube.com/watch?v=uRf-sRZBiHo

POSSIBILITY 1
================
>after two years only 1 shitcoin makes it to x10 others go to 0
10x200 = 2000$
>split it between you five
2000/5 = 400$ / person
>remove the initial investment
400$ - 200$ = 200$ benefits
>divide by the number of days in two years
200/730 = 0.27$ / day
CONCLUSION : it's similar to winning 0.27 cents per day for two years
CONSIDER THIS : sucking a dick each day for 30$ will land you 30*7 = 200$

POSSIBILITY 2
================
>after 2 years one of you makes it
>he keeps the gains for himself
>i'm the one who invested in this coin....plus I really need the money
>you all start tearing each other up
>you just lost your friends

CONCLUSION: it's not worth it
CONSIDER THIS: sucking your friends dick will strengthen the bonds you share, and might end up into true bromance

Attached: Photo_juniorkneepads_1024x1024.jpg (1000x1000, 68K)

SYNTHESIS NOTE: Get yourself kneepads, you're gonna nee those

>$200

Wow dude you might be able to buy the next call of duty if things work out for you

How about you all get jobs instead and earn the same returns in a week instead of 2 years

on a serious note: OP, get yourself a job, and invest 100% in chainlink

This thread is a great way to lose friends and/or money

>MFW I remember I used to be so poor that I cared about $200

Attached: 1517449417969.gif (470x200, 3.73M)

get an agreement in writing and record everyone on video saying they agree to this, it's all fun until one of you fags gets x1000 and the rest loses everything.

This isn't stocks. You can own partial coins. You could have done the exact same thing without pooling your money or having to trust other people.

this
this whole thing is retarded
>put 200$ in 5 coins and keep all the profits to yourself when one of them moons
or
>put 1000$ in 5 coins and then split it 5 ways when one of them moons with the added risk that the person who bought it can fuck off with all the money

>you will never have a hot teen gf during hs
why do we bother

that fucking pic represents my experience during hs

Attached: ppalts.png (436x425, 84K)

Literally anything could happen. One of his buddies could die, one of them could be shit at security and get hacked, one could leave it on an exchange that exit scams, one could lose his private key.

You think four friends are going to want to split money with a fifth who's a complete idiot? Why the fuck are you trying to introduce counter party risk in an area that was trying to eliminate it.

that's a lot

$5 a week is more reasonable in the real world, you're living in some fantasy world

What fantasy world do you live in? I save $2500 a month after taxes. Get a decent job and learn to budget.

don't be a retard
if you want to diversify, diversify yourself. exact same results and no trust risk
math for brainlets:

scenario A friend split
i invest $200 in 1 shitcoin
my shitcoin goes x1000
i have $200k
i give an equal share to each of my 4 friends
i am left with $40k

scenario B personal diversification
i invest $40 in 5 shitcoins
4 of these shitcoins go to 0, the 5th one goes x1000
i have now $40k

crypto is fucking awful don't bother