Are we happy about this?

Its a split decision which i think is pretty good.
Inb4 some donkey raping shiteater says “we” refers to the democrat party.

Attached: AF611321-67F1-4B2D-A43B-AF33D2FCEFF8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.27M)

God fucking dammit
The pic is of the senate maintained by reps.

Well nothing dramatically pro-Trump will pass because the Senate won't have 60 Republicans for either of his terms.

So we'll muddle along with the current bipartisan, deficit expanding morass. Only real change is extra hysterical investigations coming out of the House for the next couple years.

Also lol at the picture.

This. Retards trying to troll Magatards won’t understand this, nothing changes.

Some other points:

-The margin in the Senate means any Nork peace treaties or trade deals that get hashed out are much less likely to get shot down. That's probably the most Jow Forums-impactful change.

-It also means some possible conservative judicial nominess, Pryor-types, rather than cuckservative, Barrett-types. Won't impact any court decisions though unless RBG, Breyer, *and* Sotomayor croak. Even then, Roe, Griggs, Wickard, those high impact cases aren't getting overturned.

-The House'll also be shitting out a ton of obnoxious bills they know won't pass, but the media will hype. If you're lucky, gullible fucks will think that Pelosi's "Medicare for All Also Tax the Rich" bill will pass and move markets accordingly, then predictably reverse as reality dawns.

-The only loose end is with budgets. Yields are certainly on track to blow up and destroy us in a debt spiral of red ink. And Trump's obviously got zero fiscal discipline (he's shown no spine or understanding of details necessary to reign things in). I'm not sure how this plays out though.

Trump and the GOP certainly don't act like they understand demographics...they're still campaigning like muh economy matters, and crave stability on that front, which means Dems have leverage. Debt crisis hits, Pelosi shuts down the government until a bill hiking taxes and granting three million DACA amnesties passes, drops the tax hikes, deal passes?

Then Trump's a one-termer and America wraps up nicely.

Oh shit I forgot an important one.

-House and cuckservatives in Senate unite to take away Trump's tariff powers. China's gonna win this trade war. Buy YINN.

Bummer. I really wanted to him to get rid of birthright citizenship. Fucking retarded beaners already destroyed California now they are coming for the rest.

He likely still can, but it won't matter. Anchor babies are on an 18 year delay so either way this is the last election Ted Cruz will win.

>”yields on track to blow up”
Plox explain senpai

The interest yields that the government has to offer to investors for them to buy government bonds.

Arent they like still below 0 corrected for inflation? What will make them blow up? Loss of investor faith that the us gov wont default?

The US shops around its debt. We ask people who want to lend to us how much they'll lend and what interest rate they'll charge. You can call that charge the "yield".

That varies based on how much we need to borrow and the willingness of the people lending (Crappy economy? Then the government is a good investment, relatively speaking. Willingness to lend Uncle Sam money goes up, yield goes down.). And this is a constantly changing process. So some years we might need to borrow $1 trillion at 5%, other years $500 billion at 3%.

However we've been cheating for about the past decade by having the Federal Reserve print out a bunch of money and then lend it to us. This has let us rack up a lot of debt, way more than we should have. And it's been cheaper than it should have been.

The Federal Reserve is no longer lending so much. In fact, it's stopped. And it's selling off the IOUs (or just taking the cash we repay them with, same thing).

This is very, very bad.

Bullish on crypto since dem house derails everything, recession 2019 lads.

I really don't fucking care.

The problem isn't where they are relative to inflation, it's where they are relative to where they were and relative to how much debt there is.

In the past couple years we've had rates go up 2% and, as a rough target, we'd expect them to go up another 2% in the next couple years.

On about 20 trillion of debt, that's an extra $400 billion a year. About half our entire military. An eighth of the federal budget that needs to be paid for...somehow. And goes to, seemingly, nothing.

So either Congress hikes taxes $200b two years in a row (unlikely, especially with split houses, especially for something as nebulous as "paying debt", and guaranteed to cause a recession), borrows an additional $400 billion every year going forward, or inflates it away by having the treasury print that much more money every year.

So we'll have the inflation rate tick up 2% but, more importantly, investors starting to get wise. If they get antsy, wondering about the next round of inflation, they'll gradually stop lending, they'll start selling their debt, and, this is the worrisome part, that makes yields rise.

Putting us back to square one.

yep, we happy. get shit on racist trumpfag

>“Selling off the iou’s”
Could you explain this last part?
Why is this very bad?

Niggers can type?

Damn. What do you think are
the safest places to store liquidity?
Do you think shitcoin is a safe haven due to no way the government can touch it/default it?

BAHAHAHAHAHA REDDITARDS/LIBTARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>B-b-but muh house...
>B-b-but muh blue wavez!!!!

Nancy Pelosi just announced a Joseph Goebbels anime has been greenlit.

>donkey raping shit eater
You old enough to watch the southpark movie now ?

Oh well I'm sure things will turn around for the better when the majority of the voter base is low IQ Central Americans that are unemployed because AI/automation took all their low skill jobs. We should be all set and good to go.

>And Trump's obviously got zero fiscal discipline (he's shown no spine or understanding of details necessary to reign things in). I'm not sure how this plays out though.
I don't think this is true. I think conservatives know they'll have to gut the federal budget but without a debt spiral, there won't be any political fortitude to kill social security, Medicaid, etc.

If I want to get interest from lending you money, I can either lend you money, or buy an IOU off someone who's already lent you the money. If i do the latter, that's one less person offering you new money to borrow.

It's certainly looking that way, isn't it? Alternatively if China gets its financial shit together or the V4 forms an Eastern European Union and gets nuclear weapons, then their bonds and currencies might form safe havens.

Could be worse. Could be muslims.

Intentionally kicking off a catastrophic debt spiral seems a little more obtuse and harmful than reducing medical care costs, switching CPIs again, or allowing people to opt out of SS.

Then again, this is a party that signed the '86 amnesty so foresight isn't anyone's strongsuit.

Informative quads. Like casting pearls before swine. Speaking of pigs, do you think having a Gentile as Fed chair will make a difference?

Is a New Yorker being the head of the Republican party making a difference?

JP Morgan has been investing in silver and has 500 million ounces of physical silver to their name. Silver is looking pretty comfy as well as bitcoin. However if the power goes out and you cant charge your ledger nano then you're fucked.

>government won't get anything done
This is bullish for the economy.

The future's looking pretty dull, man. Look up the Buffett Indicator and the Shiller P/E. The stock market is as overvalued as 1929 and the tech bubble.
Plus our nation is only getting more and more divided both politically and in terms of wealth inequality, and I can only hope that when the shit hits the fan that people dont do like they always do and adopt radical politics. (Antifa, AltRight, Nazism, etc)

we're already getting radicalized

Yeah true, but it's not as bad as it could be. Im talking hanging millionaires in the streets kind of radical

On mobile so different id