SKYCOIN

SKYCOIN IS THE NEXT BIG THING! PROVE ME WRONG.

>prototip
>you can't

Attached: skycoin-mobile-wallet.jpg (1024x683, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/skycoin/
twitter.com/LukeDashjr/status/1054545007418507264
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Skycoin is the next Bitcoin.

give one reason why it has any value

Bitcoin didn't have a ICO and didn't sell fucking hardware because the ICO funds dried out.
A finished, polished product was released ... and that's it! (with a consensus algo implemented)

>Skycoin isn't blatantly shilled by non-stop shitty thread being made about it STOP HATIN
this is oughtright spam

>PROVE ME WRONG.
It's run by a bigger psycho than D. Sonstebo.

It's backed by physical hardware and people will always use internet. People will want to use it since it's much cheaper from being individually owned.

you mean the consensus that's vulnerable to 51% attacks and a host of other issues, right?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 10.16.28 PM.png (1626x857, 711K)

>shilling doesnt stop and so the dumping in price
moderate kek

I don't have to prove you wrong because you are wrong.

Hal finney, Kienman, CSW premined it tho
And also bitcoin had a load of bugs

You'll need to prove that you don't need to prove him wrong.

Attached: 1541283478480-c8f2c35e-2049-455d-852b-15e581d6d983.png (2304x1818, 797K)

>what things in life are a scam
You're the desperate cuck who bought BTC at 20k when early adopters were mining it on their cpus geting 50 BTC a block almost free.

the next big thing, a mobile wallet? bruh...

checked

One step at a time.

Attached: IMG_20181009_090620.jpg (1280x1280, 318K)

The best one invented as of yet. Sky has only pie in the sky grandiose visions. Nothing else.

It is functioning and does what it is supposed to do. Sky doesn't satisfy it's primary implementation goal, which is decentralization - it's fully controlled by one person due to lack of a consensus algo.

>mobile wallet
>next best thing
Skyschizos are starved for anything tangible from the devs at this point

Considering Skycoin is rank 173. I'm willing to take that gamble on Obelisk. Throwing a few grand on a coin that is attempting to disrupt a trillion dollar industry doesnt sound that awful to me. You must be a poorfag

Get to counting. We're almost over 9,000.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 9.34.11 AM.jpg (2886x1908, 270K)

you mean knockoff raspberry pi's?

Yes, single board computers with better specs. ARM processors that aren't jewed by Intel.

>gamble on Obelisk
One has to gamble on it, as it isn't explainable coherently.

>he thinks more nodes in sky translate to more decentralization
This isn't PoW. The project is completely centralized in the hands of the devs via 'the coordinator' - IOTA style.

Gee, now show me one unique patented thing these scammers actually have: because all you shills constantly repeat the same stuff that's been fed to you and I still have to find at least ONE person who actually has experience with networks who will defend this fuckery

Go ahead, I'll wait.

>jewed by Intel
Why do you hate Sky's official religion?

Attached: 1541376058906.png (808x1079, 1.64M)

Its explained well enough for me. The leap between conceptual and being implemented is the gamble. The same could be said for the overwhelming majority of all crypto. Aren't we all speculating? If not why are you even here?

What does that have to do with adoption.
This speaks to the start of decentralized internet.
Your autism over a coin in development having consensus added will come and it will then be decentralized by the factor of your liking.

Your argument is "waaa I don't have what I want right now"

Attached: 1541307456617.jpg (581x767, 92K)

>Your argument is "waaa I don't have what I want right now"
It's 'it pretends to be decentralized, but isn't, therefore not being crypto in the slightest'

A programming language. But I'll give you more than just that: github.com/skycoin/

Define pretending. Sure you're not just projecting your wishes and dreams on it?
Hmm, I knew someone that held this project in their mind in some kind of obsessive godlike status. What was their handle again?

The coin transcends many spiritual mediums.

Attached: photo5111945160773707805.jpg (1280x960, 239K)

How is sky decentralized? Besides the marketing that loudly proclaims it to be the **decentralized** internet. This clearly isn't the case, therefore they are pretenders.

I cannot even feel bad for you guys getting totally justed if you are unable to answer my question.

price drops and i accumulate, thanks

Skycoin is more than about tech. Yes we know the meshnet is going to be shit when it first launches, have a medal faggot
What the fuck are you expecting? 1Gbs up and downstream with 100% uptime this time next year? Grow a brain faggot.

Bitcoin is shit and hasn't changed for 7 years because every single cent from bitcoins price increase is extracted by miners, speculators, and scammers. Every single dollar goes to consumption - extracted from the host like a bunch of parasites - instead of investment back into the network.

If Bitcoin took 1% of its 100 billion market cap and put it into crypto projects and infrastructure, the results would easily offset the money spent by an order of magnitude. But instead the money is siphoned off by leeches and none of the money from Bitcoin's rise goes to anything for crypto adoption.

Bitcoin is an example of the free rider problem. The people with millions of dollars in Bitcoin are having yacht coke parties and scammers like Roger Ver and CSW create BCASH and other scam projects to extract even more money and leech from the host like a parasite. Meanwhile, projects that could improve the Bitcoin network and increase usability (and thus increase the market cap by hundreds of billions of dollars) cannot even raise $20,000. Even in Oct 2018, the bible basher Luke can't get funding for his work and has to take a day job: twitter.com/LukeDashjr/status/1054545007418507264

Skycoin is set up to have the coin intrinsically tied to a useful resource: bandwidth in an uncensorable P2P internet. The demand for this is going to grow. Since the coin is tied to providing a useful service/resource, Skyminers are incentivized to continually improve their quality and service to earn more SKY, meaning that at least some of the money from any price rise on SKY will go back into the network to continually improve it

All Skycoin has to do is provide a POC to get the project off the ground, the rest will take care of itself.

I also put food in front of my cat but she doesn't eat it. You'll get hungry sooner or later.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-09-09 at 6.56.30 PM.png (929x1288, 1.48M)

In 2008 the largest socioeconomic issue was money printing by the banks
In 2018 the largest socioeconomic issue is data privacy and censorship of the internet. These issues aren't something that just impacts those with politically correct thoughts, it affects big businesses as well. If you work in the corporate ventures arm of BP for example, and you are looking at investing $15m in a new tech company, Google will know what your search terms are, what websites you've visited, what messages you exchanged over linkedin. In short, the data is available to know what company you are about to invest in. Same for oil exploration or basically any big company. GDPR won't help and this data is available for a price or with the right connections.

Skywire is a new networking protocol. Basically IP addresses will be replaced with blockchain addresses and it will be a completely P2P internet. It is a completely different internet. For example now on IMGUR we all go to the website and download an image from whatever server it's on. In Skywire, if you neighbour has the image on his Skyminer, and 5 people from Europe, NA and Japan have the same image, you will download the image simultaneously from all 6 people the same way bittorrent works.

Skywire has a 20 year development timeline with at least 15 years hardcoded distribution for the remaining 75m coins as rewards for running the Skywire network. People thinking this meshnet gets built in 18months are completely deluded and are forgetting the collective power and greed of thousands of miners working to improve their own nodes. People started massive companies and designed their own custom ASIC miners as early as 2012 in Bitcoin, all to do nothing but grab as much money as possible.

Skywire creates the right incentives to take advantage of this innate human greed. In Skywire people will still grab as much money as possible, but in doing so will be forced to improve the network.

I just don't:
a - trust the team
b - believe the kidnapping
c - cannot find anybody who is able to explain why there's something behind this project which will ever be worth something (been on all telegram channels), I've been in networking for 8 years now so you could say I should know something about this subject.

There's different facets of decentralized in relation to Skycoin. In this case the concept of a decentralized internet is the literal meshnet function of Skywire, which even in testing is technically decentralized. I can connect to other nodes with no central authority. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking

Skywire also uses a chain for each node, so there's decentralization in how those chains will be validated with Obelisk.

Skywire also functions on coinhours which are not decentralized, but the Skycoin that issues them will be, which will be decentralized once Obelisk is finished.

youve never heard of software defined networking?

Elon is gonna bto yall with satellites by 2020 skycoin is a waste of time desu. I cut my losses many months ago

Go look at Sam Sing Fong's social media. Tell me why he used to post regularly, and now doesn't since May. Or any of the other arrested people.

>MPLS is old, established tech, not feasible to use until now since ram is so cheap and available.
>Wifi radio tech has drastically dropped in price and increased in performance over time.
>IPFS is a well established concept, and perfectly suited to use on earth to drastically reduce data transfer cost
>Computational resources are used enough to become their own economy, much easier to trade than attempting to convert fiat back and forth.

All of these pieces aren't unique to Skycoin, but they're the only ones with the actual vision to put them together to work properly. Just like the ipod wasn't the first digital media player, but the first to do it right.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-09-21 at 7.21.07 PM.png (950x949, 1.59M)

lol, go look up the latency for any satellite communication, especially internet. It's all song and dance.

>... will be ...
>... once Obelisk is finished ...

A meshnet is not what is considered 'decentralized' in the space that the project markets itself in, in crypto. It's isn't decentralized in that sense, just plans to be in the future. This is very misleading.

browse the blog to learn about the tech.

>I will not explain it, go read some source on the internet
Very common in Sky threads. It's like they don't have the project concepts in mind, just going with it due to it being surface-level cool.

>misleading
To your narrow expectations, maybe. But it's not wrong. Looking at the website and marketing materials I fail to see how you could be fooled into thinking this isn't a project in active development.

Attached: hmm.jpg (1646x1223, 1.28M)

>To your narrow expectations, maybe
The cryptocurrency that's the basis of the project isn't decentralized. This is the understanding every single person that reads the material will get out of it, and hey'll be wrong. This is the intended effect the devs want in people and is misleading.

>bitcoin
>finished
>polished
kek

there are 18 threads about link right now. eight fucking teen. there are 6 skycoin threads. it is a bit much, but it is nowhere near the level of spam this board sees from link on a daily basis

>implying it isn't finished
>doesn't understand the concept of actually delivering something instead of indulging in
scope creep

You're welcome to provide examples of them marketing "there's decentralized currency right now".

I think my original point that you're projecting your hopes and dreams holds up.

Attached: 1539617229841.png (496x384, 223K)

Link threads have some content from time to time. Sky has just this odd cult innuendo to them with little content.

>projecting your hopes and dreams holds up.
Don't give a shit about sky. Got burned by IOTA, and this thing is very similar.

Thank you for confirming that the project isn't decentralized in the cryptocurrency sense.
A "banana icecream" item in an ice-cream store is assumed to have a taste of a banana, not the shape of it, despite the fact that the word "flavor" Isn't in the name.
The same with a *crypto* project that speaks about decentralization. It is assumed that it speaks about it's underlying currency.
This is abuse of implicit labels put onto things, which is an underhanded marketing tactic.

Skycoin will be a success.
It was prophesied in the 80s.

Attached: 1492392247408.gif (475x481, 337K)

That's fine. You're welcome to return once development is completed to your satisfaction. Keep your expectations realistic and you won't feel the sense of indignation you're feeling on the next project you research.

Attached: arise.jpg (1478x892, 214K)

i'm invested in him as well

Is the timeline of the project 14 years? That will be quite a wait. Hopefully they'll implement obelisk somewhere in the first 5 years.

We'll see.

Attached: sigil.jpg (175x286, 9K)

So

If team finished obelisk and they're right about how incentives work, then it seems like grabbing a few sky coins isn't a bad idea.

Just a small amount.

I'm not thrilled about obelisk depending on other people being smart to figure it out when it might not even be possible. Betting on people figuring this out instead of puttering around forever and never getting it or worse, getting bored and abandoning skycoin, makes me feel a bit uneasy.

But their goal seems cool, so I'll grab some.

>Skycoin is the next bitcoin

Am I clear enough?

>we're gonna make a new internet with pringles cantennas and raspberry pis

Attached: 1505450115037.png (230x230, 67K)

lol you must be a burger to think you need patents to make money and have a successful business

Said the guy who missed Bitcoin in 2011

The thing is, a next generation consensus algorithm is needed to bring disintermediation and all that decentralized shit to the world of industry. If Skycoin's tech falls short, someone else will achieve it. And then everyone will have the tech, including Skycoin. At least Skycoin is working on what is really important in cryptocurrency today.