Trading interface I have built

Runs entirely on the terminal. Connects to major exchanges and encrypts API keys. Everything stored locally and the app only communicated with exchanges' servers.
Features:
>Auto bidding to compete with bots, you don't have to keep cancelling and re-submitting your order.
>Take profit / Stop loss: wip, the app has to be running all the time.
>Easy command execution via auto-completion, example: limitsell amount ETH 10 price BTC 0.034. You only have to type amount and price, the completion system will auto complete the full command.
>Confirm command execution
>And many more

I'm recording a demo video and you'll get to see the app in action. Would you guys be interested in such app? I should re-iterate that this a terminal app. Runs on any terminal on Linux, macOS, or Windows.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 6.29.25 PM.png (3336x1994, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

coinsignals.trade/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looks nice is this made in ncurses

Blessed (JavaScript)

nice work there fren

its a javascript console app?? The fuck?
BUT, looks really nice though, nicely done. Planning on opensourcing this?

>JavaScript
looks pretty good though, are the windows modular? extensible?

Attached: 1494670295185.jpg (700x910, 126K)

yes a million times yes

wow thats cool

better be open source tho

If I can compile from source, then I'll use it. Otherwise nope.

thanks fren
I primarily wanted the app to be console-based so that it can be lightweight and able to run from SSH, and also for power users who spend most time on the terminal.
I went with JavaScript (NodeJs) so I could leverage the open source library ccxt.js which offers JS APIs to every exchange out there instead of re-inventing the wheel and coding those the implementations myself.
By modular you mean that they could be moved around to change the layout? If that's the case then no.
As for opensourcing it, I'm actually jobless and was hoping I could commercialize it. I know that definitely people will be able to read the source and remove the licensing system but I don't think people would trust a cracked app with their API keys. Plus it won't be that expensive. And payments will be via crypto only.
:)

gj fren

>lightweight
>java script

So open-source plus donations better than a paid version?

Commercialize your hard work user. Maybe hold off on releasing a video demo until you have a basic website and payment gateway set up.

It's deadass easy to reverse engineer it and read the code. It will be confiscated tho.

Looks great! ...but
Wont use it unless its open source

>no modular windows
>not open sourcing
too bad
you should make it more configurable though
maybe someone would like to add extra stuff to it like twitter hashtag analysis or some other meme shit
also how do you encrypt the api keys in memory and do you prevent dumping the program memory to disk to extract api keys?
i wouldnt really trust an anons trading platform unless it was open source
also how do you navigate the windows?

it looks nice, but obviously nobody is going to use or pay for this unless the code its open sourced.

You'll definitely make more people happy and use your product. I don't know if you'll make more money but crypto community is pretty generous regarding donations, much more than normans

Have Add-Ons ready for donating users. Additional features, color schemes, that kind of shit. People love that.

make it so i can have a line graph, true black background, ma and ta lines, and resizeable/hideable elements and ill buy it

being able to see multiple charts at once would be nice too ie.btc-usd btc-bch btc-ltc and btc-eth

what others said re opensource and donations. Alternatively, opensource and charge money for extra support and integration.
On features, you should consider advanced order execution like TWAP, iceberg orders, etc. Maybe even allow users to code their own execution modules kind of like bitfinex's honey framework. This has potential OP. don't fuck it up by being a greedy fuck outright haha. Grow the a community around it and the money will come.

if you are lucky to contact the right guy you can made good money selling your code to some new exchange/service.
I can suggest you to find something like bitsou project.

It's in the spirit of the times, yes.

the killer feature I think would be advanced (conditional) orders. Having option of submitting a bracket order (e.g. limit buy/sell + ProfitTarget+StopLoss at once so you do not need to babysit your trade)
>i wouldnt really trust an anons trading platform unless it was open source
this is the most important concern imho. Remember you are targeting power users living in terminal majority of them would share such concern with me most probably.
brownie points for providing vim-mode keybindings option

Attached: 1533414474805.jpg (1345x1550, 952K)

>graphics
>addons
With open source that's pointless since people can do it themselves, and share.
he could just integrate tradingview or something like coinsignals.trade/

OP, I think you'll grow much more if you open source it. You'll get people on board who will help you develop it further, and that begets more users and more donations. You could easily integrate a switch to make the user donate a % of every trade they make, and a fixed donation feature.

Imagine running software you got from some guy on biz

i prefer emacs mode for multi-window approaches like this, even i3 keys would work i guess, but it should not require you to use the mouse ever
conditional orders i agree with, also tabs to easily maintain either multiple instances of the ui or graph, preferably not limited to either one or the other
also does this thing come with its own shell? what is the console used for?
additional graphs to plot balance and portfolio distribution would be nice too

Looks great, I was looking for a simplistic low resource chart program that I could leave open on an extra (virtual) monitor, I'd definitely try it out.

oh hell yeah bro this looks nice bro. check out /entg/ thread so maybe one of the user could help you with price modeling and all that.

I'll think about modular windows. It's not that hard to implement.
As for memory dumping, well, the variable that holds the keys doesn't hold any reference to it so I leave to garbage collectors but definitely will consider a more robust solution.
>Navigation
Ctrl-F to go to favorites box, j-k to navigate up or down or you could just start typing the name of the pair and the selector will go to it. Clicking on a pair also possible and it will load the market.
Ctrl-l to go to the Console or directly click on it.
I will definitely consider going the open source path thank you all for your insight.
This is a terminal app I can't integrate tradingview on it.
Vi-mode definitely possible to integrate and I'm a vim user myself.
The console is where you execute all of your commands, example, on ETH/BTC market:
> ls
will autocomplete to
> limitsell amount ETH
As you type the amount to sell plus it will autocomplete to:
> limitsell amount ETH price BTC
So now you have to type the price and then and you'll be prompter to confirm the order.
The amount you type could also be percentage, in USD value, or in BTC value.
Charting is fairly simple tho, hovering on candles will still print the OHLCV values but that's it.
Amazing thank you I will definitely post there.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 7.42.07 PM.png (2596x1944, 1.56M)

In all honesty regarding API keys protection & encryption I'm still thinking of better ways and have left that part until I'm ready to ship a beta version. Currently I'm focusing on the trading commands.

checked.
people did in late 2017. Was some trading bot with a key logger
a fair few guys got justed
you can bet your ass this one is safe though! Good on you, OP!

Attached: 1523310218819.jpg (640x633, 191K)

>terminal app
why?

This is not a bot tho, nor a trading platform. This is merely a trading interface which communicate with exchange servers. Just like cryptowat.ch, but you get to have your API keys on your machine.
A lot of people live on the terminal. But I'm making an Electron app as well. (Yes I know that sucks).

>you get to have your API keys on your machine
and a key logger

Attached: 1515330750260.jpg (1000x1000, 241K)

beautfiul, nice work

This is the Bloomberg Terminal of Crypto!

Nice work son :)

If it is not opensource into the thrash it goes.

Advertising a new key logger, häh

How much for the version without a backdoor to steal all my linkies

So I have the option to build something useful that can potentially make me a lot of money in the long run, or maybe someone will buy it from me, or I could get job offers at Binance, Bitstamp and the likes. But instead I will turn it into a keylogger which will be exposed within 2 days? How fucking retarded would I have to be?
No such version sorry. Better not hold any linkies.

I know you are a vim fag, but what would really blow my mind OP is an emacs major mode lol. Do that and I'll gladly pay/fund your patreon for years to come

Damn that's very tempting user. But I literally have never used emacs. I'll give it a go and see how it's like.

>exposed within 2 days
>How fucking retarded would I have to be?
To be exposed in two days, you have to be more retarded than a Somali

I was implying that it's only a matter of time until the app gets exposed for having a backdoor/keylogger. I'm pretty sure power users will reverse engineer it and read the (obfuscated) code before using it.

>targeting power users
>In crypto
never gonna make it. Really, just change the name from time to time and offer it to normies with the key logger. You will be able to retire in a year with a constant stream of idiots

That is not what I meant. What I meant is that there has to be users who'll try to rev engineer it and then expose it in case it has any malicious code. Obviously 99% of the users won't do that. And I'm also building an Electron version targeted toward normal users.

So, change some line of codes, rebrand, stay anonymous and scam hundred thousand crypto boomer pro trader. Forget about honest business in crypto, don't be the boomer getting scammed

Really not tempting at all. I'm looking to build something sustainable.

congrats m8

pretty sweet,

check out my crypto app for biz: merv.tech

when are you releasing this? any new projects on the way?

this would be sweet for ubuntu

Attached: ^^%.jpg (236x196, 6K)

You can either make it or be a Jow Forums
your choice

This actually looks cool. Link?

Thanks. It's not released yet. As you can from the replies above I'm still not sure whether to commercialize it or go open-source + patreon. I'll keep you guys updated.

looks amazing, user. as someone who started learning JS, only to get too busy with other things and quit, i had no idea one could do something like this with js. are you self-taught, or a cs major? how long did it take you?

Open Source and patreon + crypto donations.
You will get job offers soon

Fuck this gay earth for real
This guy is jobless while Stacy is handing out donuts in the break room and demanding the same salary as company CEO

listen to this guy

Do u have a website or something for this?

Could send donations.

save your money for later.
you'll need it.

You can do anything with any language.I studied 3 years of programming in uni then dropped out (it's usually 5 years after high school), I still consider myself self-taught as what they taught us in uni is outdated shit and 95% of what I use now are things I learned by myself.
The app took me 6 months.
Thanks for your support. I'm working on the website.
I'm gonna try commercializing it. Will publish a website soon and advertise here, twitter, and reddit and see if it gets any traction. If I don't, then I will open-source it.