Investing in study

What should I study to get rich or very wealthy? I don't care if it's difficult, I have plenty of time.

Attached: IMG-20180924-WA0008.jpg (960x1280, 153K)

usury

Bump.

>Torrent lots of non meme books (some pearson textbook none of that 4h work week bullshit
>find a room where you can work for a long period of time without distractions
>study for hours every day

Art History or Classics, other subjects will equip you to be a good wagecuck, these subjects will equip you to ingratiate yourself with high society. Simply not being an SJW freak will help you stand out.

>brother and I both went to Oxford
>both got the same grades, I did mathematics and he did classics
>he’s a banker now focusing on client management and I’m stuck doing statistical analysis for some marketing company
>he makes 144k a year post tax plus commissions which have range from 200k in an average year to 800k in a good year
>I make 36k a year

We’re both in our late twenties if that’s relevant.

What books?

Insurance math.

Only if you can afford law school afterwords and are a total fag. Philosophy ---> law program---> blackhat job. For undergraduate there's tons of really niche subjects somes schools offer with insane starting like for example paper processing starts at 115k a year.

So the guy is basically Chad or well connected.

Stop giving people advice based on one experience . You could potentially ruined peoples lives with it.

Attached: Screenshot_20181107-221455.png (1080x1920, 142K)

Bodie Kane Marcus, Investments

Statistically, what you want to do is move to the city and sucker up to any high power tycoon type and be his son. LBJ did it, you can too.
Skills are work output based. You'll never get rich by working unless you play the save everything game, in which case you should be studying Machine Learning(very high need, very low amount of people with the skill, huge growth market) or Blockchain Engineering.
Then you get to the point where you can save 40% of your gross income and invest in real estate congloms like Fundrise(1k min account, promises around 10% return), Swell(50 dollar min account, invests in wacky unicorn companies in the trendy sectors that all the rich people love dumping money in), or some other investing service like Vanguard index fund if you hate fun.
Then you'll have money.
But to be very wealthy you need 10million to defend yourself legally in the U.S, having around 1million sounds like a lot but it's very easy to lose that much. A lot people in the U.S actually get to around having that much money accrued in total near retirement, this is why so many industries prey on the elderly. They lose that money quickly to medical bills, legal, etc.

So the answer really is to get good at interacting and be in the trust business instead of the worker output business. There's also knowledge worker types, but since you've posted a thread like this you aren't cut out for that sort of thing.
If you are just a blockhead and need a decent job that you can live frugally on, go into any sort of blue collar machining. Depending on your area, there's a huge amount of moderate skill level jobs that suck physically but pay very well. Then it's mostly a matter of reducing expenses and saving.

If you want to delve into the stats for any country it's not a pretty picture for anyone. Most people are cogs in the machine getting cranked.
There are 2 million people in the U.S who work as a 'cashier'. That's more than the entire U.S Army.

I will study other

Banking.

or anything scientific where you have a chance to make a patent.

My friend made a medical patent at fucking 21 and basically lives off the royalties/rights and does fucking nothing.

Your brother isn't more succesful than you because of his degree.. A degree in mathematics sets you up a lot better for getting a good job in finance than classics.

Siendo de sevilla en toros, droga, putas o fachas

Get into Private Equity and scam boomers out of their family businesses with limited risk and massive rewards. Its only getting more lucrative as they start to retire.

What's wrong with 4hww?

Core
>Principles of Corporate Finance by Brealey, Myers, Allen
>Investments by Bodie, Kane, Marcus
>Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives by Hull

Sales and Trading
>Option and Volatility and Pricing by Sheldon Natenburg
>Advances in Financial Machine Learning by Prado
>Dynamic Hedging by Taleb

Valuation
>The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
>Margin of Safety by Seth Klarman
>Valuation by McKinsey
>Investment Valuation by Damodaran

M&A
>Torrent Wall Street Prep or Breaking Into Wall Street Premium and do the modeling courses
>Investment Banking: Valuation, LBOs, and M&A by Rosenbaum & Pearl
>Financial Modeling by Benninga

Everything is in order of difficulty.

This, he hustled - or had a lucky streak. Probably a bit of both.

Quantitative Investment / HFT is a high-cortisol game and not much fun unless you are gifted like Taleb. I find "Qualitative" (and some quantitative) areas in finance (say Private Equity) are much satisfactory over long-run. However PE/VC is notoriously difficult to get into. That's where it helps if you are a Chad and have lots of connections.

t. Master of Statistics here.

Great set of books.

Without CFA and "referrals" what's the point in reading these ?

>GUIZE HOW DO I BECOME RICH
That's basically what you asked. I happen to know the secret to becoming rich fast and easy, but I'm not telling you for asking dumb questions and probably being underage.

Attached: SHIGGY.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

knawledge