Looks like they know about Chainlink

"Ether, the digital token that powers smart contract platform Ethereum, will experience a "monumental" breakout as soon as smart contracts can accept outside data, predicted analyst Ian McLeod."

forbes.com/sites/cbovaird/2018/11/07/is-ether-on-the-verge-of-a-massive-breakout/#1eab3a835415

Attached: Capture.jpg (947x621, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ethereum.org/2014/07/22/ethereum-and-oracles/
github.com/ethereumbook/ethereumbook/blob/38643cf987ffbbccf35dc50920b6ad084b8c987c/oracles.asciidoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ctrl+F
>Link
>2
SINGULARITY IS UPON US

Attached: 10KEOY.png (236x72, 2K)

>As soon as Ethereum works and delivers on its promises which are behind schedule by three years with no end in sight, it will be worth a lot!

Wow!!!

>forbes contributor

kys faggot

This. Anyone can contribute to faggot forbes.
That's why it's so shit

rather, check exactly how many times link is talked about on biz (and other communities too) on merv.tech

today, releasing a feature that lets you click on a coin and see the posts mentioning it, stay tuned

Attached: ^^^.gif (500x500, 1.69M)

When I'm old and on my death bed I'm going to be reminiscing about the times we spent on this Internet Uruguayan bait and tackle image board. All the FUD, LARPS, shitposting and Sergey memes.

I won't be thinking about Christmas as a young boy with my family, I won't be thinking about playing high school football and making out with the prom king after his date passed out, nor will I be thinking about my college days.

>mfw ETH pumps but LINK doesn't

Attached: Pepeplushs.jpg (227x222, 5K)

Literally who?

same

ETH never promised external data though.
In fact Vitalik even explicitly said oracle systems would be built on top of ETH by third parties.
blog.ethereum.org/2014/07/22/ethereum-and-oracles/

Which makes sense, because decentralized ETH nodes and decentralized oracles are two completely different things.

So should I buy ETH or not? im all in LINk and some other alt shitcoins

Well, all these ERC20 tokens are going to need ETH to function so it's a pretty safe bet.

Plus, Joseph Poon explicitly said decentralized oracles were going to be the key to crypto's future (or something along those lines), and that only one or two projects were even working on them.
So the ETH people themselves are looking forward to Chainlink.

Like the user said, ETH would be a pretty safe bet.

thanks, i guess I'll buy some vitaliks

Isn't Gavin Wood partnered with chainlink or something? Gavin Wood is the one that actually coded ethereum.

Vitalik is a faggot. I was an ETH maximalist for a long time but eventually realized he's just a turbo autist that got lucky and is completely incapable of solving the scaling problem. Hyperledger is going to win.

He's the guy behind Web3, which partnered with Chainlink.

Gavin also wrote a treatise on oracles, talking about how great decentralized oracles are, and explicitly describing Chainlink as the premier example:
github.com/ethereumbook/ethereumbook/blob/38643cf987ffbbccf35dc50920b6ad084b8c987c/oracles.asciidoc

So it's safe to say Gavin Wood is a big fan of Chainlink.

>Gavin Wood is the one that actually coded ethereum.
He also invented Solidity, ETH's smart contract language.
So he's pretty much responsible for what made ETH such a massive success.

I just know that you dont even know what Hyperledger is, and what is it used for. Hyperledger is a solution for corporate bullshit, that works within a walled garden of 2-3 corporations. You never were an Ethereum maximalist, youre just a late adopter loser

He owns 2 million stinkies

If the mastermind behind eth supports chainlink then I don't see how anyone can have legit fud about link.

if you said this a year ago, I wouldn't call you a dumbass, because there was still a lot to nail down then. by now, the ethereum scaling problem has been solved. they're just autistic about testing and taking their time ensuring the consensus of the update and all important organizations and companies being ready for it.

Is btc, eth, link the patricians portfolio?

Would you buy something from a man who eats chicken mcnuggest all day and has abandoned already 2 block chain projects. If Sergey dies from a heart attack, buy LINK

Attached: 1541550683621.jpg (299x456, 114K)

Sure bud. I'm sure banks and derivatives markets are chomping at the bit to use Ethereum and it's 15 tps. Should work out just fine. I was 100% ETH from Feb 2017 until September and then branched out into a few alts like REQ and LINK (bought on etherdelta the day it went on sale). Over time I've realized they have no real solution for scaling and moved almost my whole position to LINK. Ethereum will still be used for smaller projects but it's not enterprise ready and won't be for a while.

I'll believe it when I see it

If Eth can't scale then wouldn't that also bottleneck link?

Somewhat. Most of the work is done off chain though. The token is only for payment and reputation so you could work around it. I hope they find a way to scale ETH but based on their track record I don't see it happening. Worst case they can fork LINK to stellar or one of the other faster chains.

Hmm...do you think hyperledger will utilize link

If the ethereum development team can't do it...I don't see how anyone can. The eth team is excellent.

but there where online articles written by Forbes about Sergey and Chainlink.. are you guys saying that meant nothing!?

Attached: 0781662c05f29cf135458b09565c3b29.jpg (236x198, 13K)

link purpose is to work with any chain

read the article about the parachain chainlink is developing for pokadot.

forbes contributor is basically no different to a medium article...

Chainlink is ETHs scalling solution by handling offchain computation. This would also lower gas as well.

Isn't offchain computation more like RLC?