Trade skills

What are some trades that will be high demand in the future. I have a worthless BA degree and I think I might need to go back to school.

I am interested in baking, brewing, butchery, possibly woodworking

Attached: 1541592843795.gif (540x603, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Av9CI-_CSY
youtube.com/watch?v=tKNOgX-u8ao
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well I cut diamonds in America. Only a few hundred of us left.. Welding is huge right now idk about the future desu. You can always make a brewery especially if you have the capital. Dont ask me about the others you listed..

Cut diamonds wut. Pay well?

It's alright. Im the only cutter in my city so I have a good steady flow of work. There used to be like 30-40k cutters here in the 70's to 80's but cheap labor won the trade. 95% of diamonds are cut in India now unfortunately. Its sad that such expensive stones going into multiple million dollars have no names behind the cutting anymore. All the biggest and nicest stones used to be cut in America but now its just around 250 old timers cutting the scraps. Actively trying with other cutters to bring back fame to the name of the cutter. Check out Americandiamondcutter.com Maarten is a great friend of mine. Just the beginning of his website and business we are working on.

Well I guess sadly that's not going to be an option for me.

Well you can always take welding classes! You can make alot of money doing that. You can even mix woodworking and welding into a furniture business for restaurants or whatever. It's a wide range of jobs but woodworking is hard by itself just gotta find your niche. Good luck man

Food skills are terrible for earning.
Carpentry, forging, welding are much better

Bump

Within your lifetime, not being able to program will become like not being able to read.

Networking design / networking architecture (its a trade in my opinion). At the higher level you can go into consulting for Cisco or Juniper. And you can learn most of it at home. It'll be a 5-10 year route if you wanna be serious about. But that's good, you'll have work your first certificate in (CCNA / JNCIS), well above minimum wage. IT sector is growing at 20% a year, networks are growing even faster rate, and it will only be accelerating. Job security right there.

only con; you need to cram at least 2x the knowledge of pic-related into your head to get to the end.

Attached: books-for-network-engineers.jpg (800x1067, 128K)

Why's that?

>baking
Shit hours, no job security
>brewing
We have reached peak craft-beer, there may be a living to be made from it if you're ahead of trends (i.e have a great gose recipe right now) but it's not easy or particularly well paid
>butchery
Check out the plummeting rates of meat consumption (in the west). Eating animals will be widely considered morally wrong sooner than you think, cutting up their bodies is a ludicrous idea for a career at this point.
>woodworking
I'm a carpenter, I live in a country with a housing crisis so right now the pay is great and I can dictate my hours. In saying that, as soon as the housing bubble pops/recession happens carpenters are screwed.

Go into electrical engineering, or if you're a brainlet become an electrician. That's what I'd tell my zoomer self to do.

Based Irishman

you need to go where there is only few people, this eliminate baking and brewing.. there are a lot of people that dream about having their own microbrewery or a small bakery - it's a generic dream, and the market is "overpopulated".

Butchery may be a thing, but trades in general is a hard market because the threshold for entering this market is fairly low.. every immigrant or highschool dropout could do most trades.

What do you learn to program welding robots?

>IT sector is growing at 20% a year, networks are growing even faster rate, and it will only be accelerating. Job security right there.

Are you sure?

youtube.com/watch?v=4Av9CI-_CSY

- in/outdoor lighting electrician
- corrosion technician
- building restauration if you are based in any major european city

>building restauration
This sounds interesting, how does this work?

Yes desu. That's a click bait video desu, I have so many opportunities with my ccnp. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Just look at all the new office buildings being build, they all need networks laid / designed. You can't outsource or automate that.

Seafaring

>all the new office buildings being build
It used to be new and existing, now it's only new.

>they all need networks laid / designed.
Except wireless could make this redundant.

youtube.com/watch?v=tKNOgX-u8ao

bach IT

go electric

You still design the wireless through Lan. There will be an entry point into the building. And if it's really redundant then you will have to design the wifi. There's a Cisco and Juniper route for wireless only, I believe for 5g soon too (there should be). Someone has to design them individually for each location.

Why jupiter?

>know how to clean or cut old stones or fix some intricate glass panels
>win

Op here

Good point on the barrier to entry. Any suggestions on other skills?

I am considering getting into trucking although I know it's a dying job market due to drones/driverless cars. It might be a temporary fix.

>I am interested in baking, brewing, butchery, possibly woodworking
Terrible choices

I said it was things I was interested in... Not things that I was going to do. I just find those trades interesting

You're going to behave like a Nigger at least be constructive. Well I guess for a Nigger that may not be possible

If you're after a trade, become a gas man. It's expensive to train buy you'll make a shit load

because that guy is a code monkey
dont worry about him
most coding will be done by AI in the near future and he´ll be fighting with pajeets to fill the remaining min wage codingcuck jobs
so sad

What do you mean by "gas man"

“Everybody should learn to program a computer, because it teaches you how to think.”

- Steve Jobs

“Whether you want to uncover the secrets of the universe, or you just want to pursue a career in the 21st century, basic computer programming is an essential skill to learn.”

- Stephen Hawking

“All of my friends who have younger siblings who are going to college or high school - my number one piece of advice is: You should learn how to program.”

-Mark Zuckerberg

“In fifteen years we’ll be teaching programming just like reading and writing, and wondering why we didn’t do it sooner.”

-Mark Zuckerberg

Juniper is growing at a decent rate, not as fast as Cisco but there are way to little juniper trained people put there, so salary will also be higher (probably).

Consider property management, especially in hotels. You can make a half decent salary if you get into a supervisory role. And even better if you become a director. Property management is a a low skill entry job, just need to prove you know the ass end of a hammer and can be trusted with the keys to the building

Well said, I'm a woodworker too. I can tell you it pays like absolute shit unless you actually "own" your business.

But even then you're just a subcontractor for Jewish/Eastern European designers that have dozens of companies willing to do your job for less so you really have to be well established to be able to charge market prices. Sooner or later you realize that woodworking is shit money and the only way to make it is to cut out the middleman and have an in-house design firm, which is how most of the people making seven figures operate. 20 years into the business and I'm making mid six figures in a good year, and the only way forward is to invest millions in machinery and scale up, a risky proposition in good times. Anyone who remembers 2008 can tell you this. I'll be sitting on a mountain of cash/cash equivalents waiting for the next recession to expand, too expensive to do so now.

I love old houses, I'll look into this, thank you for mentioning it.

Better pay

stop pushing this meme, world doesnt need five billion programmers. Theres so much you can program.. everything thats useful has already been programmed and preprogrammed

Attached: Laziness-Quotes-41.jpg (403x403, 151K)