CPA

Are there any CPAs here? I am a 3rd year University student interested in accounting. I also took CS classes and learned Python. I was thinking of doing some data analysis as well.

What is your experience in the field?

Is it really that fucking boring?

Do you have to be a Jew?

Are you able to bang the hot front desk secretary or is the CEO only allowed to?

**Also, a CPA with 20 years or more of experience is making over 130,000 AVERAGE all these boomers are retiring and dying, so they need to us to fill in the spots**

Attached: pepe.jpg (540x563, 33K)

Ex-CPA here. If you want to make big bucks, you have to work insane hours at a public accounting firm for years and years surrounded by normie faggots. It's soul-sucking and terrible, but also boring and safe. Do as you're told, make a comfortable living.

But then you were able to be your own boss and own your own business, user. Plus, you get the experience of learning about diverse sectors in business. But wtf makes a good accountant anyways? all the material i've learned is like second nature to me. It's all straight forwards plugging in the right numbers where they have to go? is it really that simple in the profession world, user?

130K is pretty shit for 20 years experience. Im making 130K at some shitty Seattle startup after being out of school 2 years. Electrical Engineer btw

yes user, but thats just the average. For electrical engineering the average is 80,000

>CPA
No but one test away and I worked at a tax firm for three years, so i'll answer anyways.
>Is it fucking boring
Yes doing taxes are infuriating because no one knows what they want/have outside of "LOL less taxes bro!" Audit also sucks dick because you're essentially a box ticker
Also in public accounting you're on the billable hour and you have to juggle realization and utilization which means you have to eat hours (work 60, 70 or 80 and only charge 40) to meet your goals or you'll get coached out.
>Do you have to be a Jew
No. I'm not Jewish and I have never even worked with a Jewish accountant or CPA
>Fucking hot desk secretary
You'll be a pencil pusher, I.E no chance of you banging the QT3.14. Also this is a meme from the boomer days anyways, don't shit where you eat user.

Also a CPA with 20 years of experience easily pulls in WAY MORE than 130,000. Seriously some Big 4 (accounting firms) partners make 1-3 million a year.

>you have to eat hours
Is it possible to work from home. I dont want to sit in a cubicle all fucking day next to some fat white guy and some pajeets.
>some Big 4 (accounting firms) partners make 1-3 million a year.
what do these accounting firms look for in an accountant? the test scores? wtf makes a good accountant?

I was a partner and am now retired, but only a small proportion of people make it like that, and it still sucks anyway. The actual accounting is unimportant; like any other job your succes will depend on getting on with the normies. If you can sell audits, tax and consulting to normies, you can move from Sr Manager to partner. If you are an autist, forget it.

A basketball player with 10 years of experience with the Lakers makes 1-3 million a year. Just do that.

Holy shit user how much were you making as a partner?
> If you can sell audits, tax and consulting to normies, you can move from Sr Manager to partner.
im not afraid of talking to people, and have been told I have good communication skills. So you're telling me Ima make it?

No most firms don’t have extensive programs like that. Public is more normie like anyways so if you’re outside a major metro there will probably be no needfuls that need doing.

Firms look for a warm body to fill the seat. State school + 3.2 GPA = Audit/Tax associate. He problem is sticking with it for 15 years till you make partner.

Is accounting the best way to make safe decent money that requires no brain or is there something better?

I have one exam section left before I can apply for my CPA license. I don't like you, though, OP, so I'm not going to answer the rest of your questions. I wouldn't recommend it.

Shit job, don't do it most people in the industry are alcoholics. If you do end up being a CPA just become an auditor at a top 4-10 firm for the first 5 years slave it out, then chill out at another company instead of staying in such a shitty field.

Stay away from accounting. I'm honestly getting sick of people asking about it. Pick another major. Also, no, accounting is not safe. We're going to be automated within the next 20 years (same with almost any other jobs though). There's a huge push for us to automate stuff and they're giving us bonuses for it.

It's shit, be an auditor at a top 10 firm while they pay for your CPA exams then work another year there so you don't seem like you mooched off them and work at another company. Worked at BDO for 6 years while they paid for my CPA exams, made shit tier pay (40-50k), worked slave tier hours. Now I work at an airline company, tell peasants what to do, get off on time, larp on Jow Forums, make 90k and get free flights.

Also if you don't get hired at a top 10 firm after you get your bachelors, just suck it up and get a masters. I got my job offered to me after finishing my masters, and they let me chillout in europe for a few months before starting work

nice user, did you start off with an internship or something?
>Now I work at an airline company, tell peasants what to do
Sounds like you got a management job? thats the beauty of accounting, you get to learn about so many other industries

interned at a hotel company and was offered a job after my bachelors there, but i had a meme dream of becoming a partner at a firm and making big bucks. my dreams were crushed and i was spit on slaving away on minimal pay

I'd say less than 3% of associates stay long enough to make partner. It's a horrible lifestyle.

yeah and most people in accounting only became one because they had no idea wtf they wanted to do with their lives me included, so most end up being alcoholics due to how miserable their life is

Hey. Is it true that you also need to suck dick and kiss up to the managers to get promoted? They don’t value intelligence cause it’s all about politics? Is this accurate?

t. Dude with Accounting Diploma

I worked as a staff accountant for a small business. Pretty comfy I guess.

Attached: 0DE1D185-9B4B-45E3-9A00-07D430911BE2.jpg (324x550, 53K)

Request Network automated journal entry will make CPAs obsolete.