/smg/ - Stock Market General

i spend one night working on homework and we get dead thread edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
>pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
>pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (embed)

Real-time market news:
>thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
>investopedia.com/
>khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
>tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
>pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
>biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
>earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
>biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
>stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
>investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books:
>pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 1531632066327.jpg (720x685, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_iPhone
zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-08/supreme-court-justice-ginsburg-admitted-hospital
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for bears getting rekt

did anyone notice that tesla picked a new chairman to replace musk?

Attached: The+Dynastic+Cycle+New+Ruler+Gains+the+Mandate+of+Heaven.jpg (960x720, 170K)

Is that a roastie or a gay meme? If it's roastie it's not funny

wtf....women not funny...no way dude...not possible

its whatever kind of meme you want it to be

(whatever one gets me more (you)'s

Attached: when-you-take-your-hot-pocket-out-of-the-microwave-24866687.png (500x610, 117K)

Roastie for sure. Girls love being homewreckers.

When my ex told me she slept with her married boss years before we met, I broke up with her on the spot. It was too revolting to me. I find that kind of cheating shit so repulsive and trashy, can't trust a girl that has done it in the past.

is Qualcomm a buy, it went down for a while now. And what about LG?

wish we could do muslim shit to bitches like that

gonna be honest if the west collapses I think muslim sounds better than tranny

Dude weed lmao

qualcomm is a don't touch with your longest stick

cause of the lawsuits?

Qualcomm partnered with Appleon ARM, sold them designs under licencing. Now Apple copied and slightly modified those designs, refuse to pay for those licences and basically fucked off and dealt directly with TSMC instead of using QC as a middleman.
If Apple ever decides to start selling their A12 to other smartphones companies, Qualcomm is beyond fucked because IP is their only asset.

yeah or Qualcomm wins the court case.

Highly doubt it, IP lawsuits are notoriously crooked and in that case it's two US companies, with one being the highest market cap in the world. Plus it's not like Qualcomm has much of an argument, the whole licensing business was extremely shady in the first place. Qualcomm was getting between 20 and 40$ for every iPhone sold despite doing absolutely fuck all.

>China reports better than expected import/export numbers for Oct yesterday.
Is this enough for green day?

>no strategy=best strategy

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 368K)

Who is really goliath here? Apple or Qualcomm?

Can be true, all my shit was falling through oct, i kept buying at 1 week intervals and great prices and my stocks arent even back to pre-october prices but I am up overall because of the savings. Is buying consistently at regular intervals the ulimate redpill?

Attached: quizzical-man-raising-eyebrow-portrait-260nw-451135087.jpg (390x280, 22K)

Apple doesn't care about breaking copyrights. For example, Cisco Systems had the name "iPhone" copyrighted years before the Apple iPhone came out, and Cisco kept telling them "if you ever release a phone you better not call it iPhone" but apple didn't give a fuck and they did it anyway.

are you sure you're not thinking of IOS?

apple is strong an amazing huge company but sometimes it would be healthy even for the big players to lose a court case once in a while. Just to let them know no one is above the law. it's good PR

Why did futures just drop drastically?

What did Orange Man do now?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_iPhone

orange bad man

RED DAY

Probably all the impeachment talk from the dems and he fired his attorney General putting a new guy in charge of the Muller investigation.
Investors probably think he is going to fly into a rage and bomb France or something.

Attached: get-outta-here-gif-3.gif (300x154, 526K)

btw i also doubt people winning courtcases against apple, these people know what they are doing. They got some of the best of the best when it comes to court cases. Like with samsung a while back.

just funded my tastyworks account.
suggest me some hot stock to make my first option trade.

Attached: 1536343941876.png (721x400, 247K)

fair enough, cisco's OS is called ios as well though. Maybe Jobs just had a hard on for cisco naming
please no red my heart can't take it
can't be arsed editing but you get the idea

forgot the fffffffffucking pic

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x375, 24K)

Sorry bro we are due for a red day. Hopefully its not horrible. Im hodling anyway. Be strong.

Attached: 9pcd1ra6uui01.png (1000x559, 512K)

Goliath is Qualcomm (litterally a monopoly on ARM), but David Appleberg has loads of cash and is a veteran of a lot of other Goliaths.

Yep

Exactly. If they pulled something like this it's because they knew they could get trough. On a sidenote, winning an US court case against a korean company is easy (US judges are notoriously crooked on IP, US practices relative to IP are barely better than China's), now that's two US companies fighting.

RIP ;_;

Attached: Untitled.png (362x150, 6K)

so what you're saying is i should make popcorn?

If you like boring law shit, sure.

the only stuff I'm really worried about are NDAQ and MSFT, all my other hodls should be relativity isolated

well cnbc called it a boxing match 5 hours ago

Stop loss?

Sad but True
And this is coming from a native of a country which ancestors fought hundred of years against muslims...

>be me
>hear that GE is dropping like a concussed quadriplegic
>go to look it up, type in “general” in search
>find a company called General Mills
>they sound cool
>invest.ogg
One week later
>£+1350 profit
Random investing truly is the anti-bog. They can’t counter an investment plan, if you don’t have a plan at all.

Attached: image.jpg (800x800, 656K)

I dont understand any of this.

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while"

no one does, that's what makes it work

>Oh my ! looks like it is that time again !

Attached: uncle_powell_rape.jpg (185x238, 34K)

Sorry I was on lunch break with my colleagues.
IP lawsuits are really the most boring shit. Patents generally are boring, and I've written a few of them. The only interesting outcome from this will be the jurisprudence on stealing shit from fabless companies. If it works, you can say goodbye to AMD and NVIDIA as well.

Profound thought on fiat money. Jow Forums truly is the smartest board.

Red day boys

Open red, close green

Another random investment, CATY, looks like it’ll be pretty good as well.

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 403K)

Staying out of the meme stocks at least protects you a bit from valuation bubbles.

5g is coming soon anyway. Why would they slay qualcomm just to help intel and ericsson and maybe samsung i dont know about them. It seems like a globalist move again no?

Attached: uncle_powell_time_look_at_the_time.png (418x455, 82K)

Because Qualcomm is a relatively shitty company, basically an IP broker. It's a purely american matter tho. If the judges decide to sink Qualcomm, Intel will also take a big advantage. For the records, Qualcomm has everything manufactured in Taiwan while the bulk of Intel's production is in the US.

>5G
Samsung, Intel, Nokia

i'm holding a little qualcomm so i'm probably a little confirmation biased anyway on a lowkey level. i dont want to panic sell ever just cause some bad news on the media, but now also the EU just fined Qualcomm on some anti trust laws about 4g chips. Many people would sell by now i think but maybe it's all just a shitty news show and some settlement will be achieved between apple and Qcom

Apple stopped paying their bills to Qualcomm (7 billions) and they are using Qualcomm's tech for their own chips. It's not some patent fudging about round corners.

I think a lot of people own apple stocks cause it's hip and probably a great hold. I guess the stockprice of Qcom will depend a little on the wisdom/strenght of their investors. I'm really wondering how this all will turn out and hope that i will have the wisdom to do the right thing as an investor. and that's the last i'm going to say about it, thx for the information on the whole thing.

Green for GE recovery

Also about 5G and Ericsson, my main beef against them is they are a fabless, so their time-to-market will probably be a bit longer than Intel, Nokia or Samsung.
The company I work in was the one who made the tech behind the 5G deployement at the olympic games in Korea btw.

aren't they rolling out 5g next year to the nips with fujitsu?

They have partnerships with Orange in France, T-Mobile in the US and Fujitsu in Japan, but I don't even know who is their chip manufacturer so far.

Apparently it's Intel. Ericsson only does IP.

>historically the stock market has always spiked after a midterm election
>historically the stock market has always been higher 12 months after a midterm election
>historically the best years in the stock market have been the 3rd year of a new president's first term
Couple these facts with the fact that Donald Trump has broken record after record and literally cannot stop winning (yes he still won big time in the midterms). I sure hope you boys went all in during the October correction because it was your last chance.
>inb4 history can't predict the markets
It's all psychology. Humans are what drive market performance and they are actually quite easily predictable.
>inb4 DRUMPF
Fuck off. He is literally Moses.

Attached: index.png (213x236, 14K)

This year is different.

Head and shoulders formation on the s&p 500. This spike occurring now is the final shoulder.

Get out soon boys, this is your last warning.

>this time it's different, just like every other time
>meme lines
>get out at the bottom of a correction
t. retarded bear

Days like yesterday make me want to buy into a bunch of meme stocks, days like today make me happy I'm in a bunch of safe divvy boomer stocks

This is your brain on cult mentality

wishful thinking

confirmed crash today get out while you can

Attached: bogdanoff-phone-call.png (1600x1600, 1.07M)

This is your brain on dejection.
It's rational thinking. Anyone feeling bearish right now is letting emotion cloud their outlook.

$SPY puts gonna look cheap today

Attached: 1541422847219.png (986x1164, 451K)

For real tho, can anyone make any sense of the s&p monthly? There was a big fat red for Oct and now it's rebounded 60%?

Attached: Screenshot_Firefox_20181108-185047.png (698x725, 15K)

The company has been a piece of shit from the start. The name Apple was an infringement on Apple music. They skirted the issue early on but couldnt avoid it when they came out with iTunes. It's why it took so long for the Beatles music to be available there.

plan for 2 day
bullish bias ;_;
feel free for short now

Attached: SPY-11-8.png (1277x791, 114K)

Because people can see it now. You're safe until that shoulder completes, then the true bear market begins.

>she bought ?
>commence the doump

Attached: grishka_bogdanoff_power.png (993x765, 1.24M)

any user know where i can trade options in AUS? i can't seem to find any brokers...

what's the prediction lads, open low and drop or open low and rise

of course, especially if you can do it regularly with stocks that pay dividends.

>TTWO

Attached: 1535910099518.png (748x571, 530K)

Green day for dude weed Lmao since pappa trump got rid of sesh.

Attached: cutie.png (225x225, 7K)

If you want to invest in 5g and all the stuff it enables like IOT, invest in memory to get a big spread of use case gains. Invest in micron.

Hoping for a BTFD open

Nuuuu Bogs pls have mercy on poor soul

Attached: 20180322_144511.jpg (865x865, 332K)

Bullish Bias

Attached: nic.png (516x330, 137K)

zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-08/supreme-court-justice-ginsburg-admitted-hospital

Emperor Trump may get to choose another judge at the Supreme Court

>liberals jelly
>liberals mad

Attached: trump_uma_delicia.jpg (728x1007, 85K)

Me plan for 2day! ^_^

Attached: 20180617_200915.jpg (469x571, 143K)

Oh God pls

Attached: EC40CC5A-61A0-4FB3-9B6A-671E8B8AC818.jpg (585x571, 67K)

Attached: 1529296194293.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

Return to your workstation at once 1.9999scoops

Attached: amzn_cage.jpg (1560x2122, 616K)

Meet Robyn Denholm: she'll take the new job as Tesla's chair in May 2019. Prior to working at Telstra, Denholm spent seven years at Toyota in Australia, where she was a senior financial manager. Prior to that she worked at Sun Micro systems, and Juniper Networks in Silicon Valley.

Tesla $1000 EOY

Attached: 1541685224738s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

But how many cocks did she suck?

Get your priorities right.

Kek

Attached: 1537462770610.jpg (800x450, 64K)

Attached: HO3VOm0KFzuife-Cm9Nk8NLGncWDZYVZb4qQIVMcNWQ.png (500x500, 274K)

Love how the announcements fail to mention that she has been on Tesla's board of directors already for over 4 years.

that spread on the NDAQ tho

>down .08% today
Welp the last few days were nice but time to kms.

Doing my weekly check up to make sure if kneepad is dead or not. It appears it isn't. How is your week going faggots? Also can we officially rule that baggie is dead?

Attached: 1541685299569.webm (426x426, 904K)

OwO what's this -> ?

Attached: 1531408821978.gif (225x400, 1.43M)

>womeme
Yikes tesla is going straight to $50 now.

Everybody pump GE we can do this, we have the power