I made it. Thank you for the good times

My account total assets (passive and liquid) just passed 32 million EUR. I don't feel different, other than I can buy some of the more material pieces of art I've wished to purchase for a while (pic related, personal sculptor making an Arno Breker replica cast, set to be cast in bronze).

If you think I'm a LARPer, please Google Image search the image.
I've been here for longer than I can remember. And I wanna thank you all. I can't tell you how I made my fortune other than getting in the right groups and being (what others have described me as) a very talented software engineer with an interest in maths and statistics.

Thank you Jow Forums. Ask any questions that isn't personally identifying.

Attached: IMG_0402.jpg (3456x4608, 3.44M)

What's your edge?

I hope you didn't make it with crypto.

Also, how many orgies have you participated in the last month?

Can I have 1 btc?

how old are you?
20 with 4k$ in link here

Which groups ? What’s your investment journey ?

Crypto wasn't part of it. Wealth management is the most accurate, yet vague description I can give.

Regarding the orgies: I have a beautiful and loving wife, whom I met pre-wealth.

Were you born into wealth with lots of connections ?

Why are you positing here given you have already made it ? What’s the point ?

It had nothing to do with investment - more with turning a small venture capital incubation startup fund into a larger company with a 6 man team (also I owned a majority shares in the company).

I'm 24. I honestly cannot give you any good advice without knowing more about your personal skills and discipline. But putting them on an industrial average index fund of your choice is never a bad idea for a pension.

I used to spend a lot of my time on (surprise) Jow Forums but then I got into the culture here around Christmas last year when Bitcoin was blowing up. I've sort of stayed around here for a while, and have gathered quite a few gems from a select few anons posting philosophies that I now follow in my management style.

Regarding connections: Yes. I was born into a middle-class family, with upper-class relatives.

how does a small venture capital incubation startup fund work?

What unique abilities have helped you in landing in something as privilege as VC/PE ? How did you raise funds from limited partners ?

A tip I learned when just starting up is: If you can get the venture capitalist along with your pitch in 90 seconds or less, you've most likely succeeded in securing funding. Then you agree on an valuation, and they get however many shares you're willing to part with.

In reality it's a bit more complex, because of discreptencies between how much they fund versus how much a product is gonna cost to develop. This is why you'll typically see more funding rounds after the initial seed round.

What is the most valueable advice you've received?

What kind of advice can you give us about launching a tech company in the EU ? Is your company hardware or software-oriented ?

Is that a picture of Mao lying on the floor? and is what about the small guy squatting in the corner, directly facing the wall?

Can you get me a job?

I can do in advance,you just pay me after its done.

Anything,really anything.

Help a user that is going by real problems.

Hyper-focus as a child on pattern recognition, general interest in science, and realizing that theories in one field of science can with very few modifications translate to another, is what made it for me.

Read up on game-theory, and act in self-interest, and not out of kindness.

The only advice I can give about EU is to hire an attorney and a tax lawyer to figure out how to meet regulations. The company is a software vendor.

Attached: 201401_DataArchiving.png (750x500, 96K)

What is your philosophy in life? Do you believe something you did specifically contributed a lot to your success? What do you think people should stop doing to do what you do as opposed to what they should start doing?
Do you have any obsessions?

Ok, you have a wife. But you're rich now, you don't need to stay loyal anymore.
No one will blame you for participating in orgies with hot, young girls.

>in self interest
Did you jew anyone then? Did you jew the other user out of his code?

Satan will enjoy your soul.

It is Mao. There's a funny story behind that, but I'll save that one for later. The people in the back are working on a mold (It is actually two people, if I remember correctly).

There's the generic ones that you read on motivational Facebook posts. Modify those slightly to serve in your self-interest, and you'll get far.

Greek philosophy is where it is at. I'd recommend reading some of the modernized interpretations of the works of Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, etc. especially if you're into Western ideals, and how to deal with people who has grown up with that mentality.

Ship of Fools, is an allegory we follow closely when hiring/developing software.

I'm traditionalist. This is degeneracy to in eyes, user! But I understand the temptation. My wife is very beautiful though.

How do you rationalize self-interest actions that negatively impact the lifes of others? Do you think there is a line?

Wont you reply me, OP?

>The company is a software vendor.
You buy the software from an editor and licence it to companies, then you provide support ? It is that kind of deal ?

It's necessary in business, unfortunately. Everyone made it out okay, and we're all living comfortably. But some people would've liked to have had better positions or more shares.

Good job, user. Throw $1M into Snowblossom right now and forget about it for a year. I've got 5% of my liquid in ($200K) in but it's all I can bare for right now.

-alsorichanon

We aren't hiring currently. Sorry, user. I know we're all trying to make it here. But we live in a world where making a quick buck is hard, and you gotta be innovative and/or lucky to get an opportunity. Best of luck to you, though.

I would never do anything that would bankrupt a person. When we're dealing with hundreds of millions in turnover, and double-digit millions on the bottom line, no one is getting "screwed", to the point of homelessness. It's more like "Oh you're only making 2 million a year instead of 20? Bohoo."

Sort of, you're on the right track. I really can't get into this.

How would you go about meeting potential clients/partners? I got this idea and the app is almost made, but I need a bit of cooperation from one of 4 companies. All of them are quite big. How do I get a meeting to talk them about my app?

Did you not give them what the wanted or did you not give them what they deserved?

Lol, I'm not asking for a formal job, just some task.

Yes, yes we all know its hard out there, You came here just to show your e-penis.

What a waste of time.

>t. 13 year old

>Sort of, you're on the right track. I really can't get into this.
Right, I see.
How did you find the investors ? The software itself ?

If you negatively impact the lives of others too much there's going to be backlash which is not in your self-interest. You act in your own self interest as much as you are only causing minor inconveniences to others, or you're fucking people over and making them like it.

Good question. I've ran into plenty of "entrepreneurs" in my day-to-day life who face this exact issue. An example would be: "But what if we could extend Uber to also include... bookstores?"

Here's the calculation that goes through the mind of whatever corporation you're trying to convince that you're the one to do execute this idea for them, based on their infrastructure/brand recognition:

Would it be more beneficial to us, to hire a few extra developers and own 100% of the shares of this new technology, or does this person have something unique that is worth giving up shares for?

The thing about companies is they are whores for their intellectual property and will go through hell and back to get the full rights to whatever it is you're developing. Therefore it's gonna be a hard sell.

You're welcome to share your idea in more detail and I can tell you if (in my opinion) it's feasable.

Friends, fools and family. All were well-compensated in the end. Eventually the VC came along.

go fuck yourself favela retard. just buy some kneepads and go suck some dick in your favela

>have gathered quite a few gems from a select few anons posting philosophies that I now follow in my management style.

Also the reason I stick around here. Would you mind sharing one or two of those golden nuggets?

Sure.

Are you able to apply abstract allegories to concrete situation, or would you rather have dumb Facebook motivational covers?

What are you going to spend your money besides art? You're 24, look at funding anti-aging research (imo) and enjoy those millions for much longer.

The former. The latter is just useless in general.

If u are this rich then you’d have atleast 21 BTC just because that’d be smart. So sign your address otherwise you’re a larping faggot.

>thank you thread
Bullish AF.
I'm glad you made it friend

That's a bit of a broad question, but I'll do my best:

> House to fit children, botanical garden
> Chevy Volt, because of the radar-censors that will allow it to completely convert into a driverless car once regulations are in place.
> Kids
> Experiences

I'm not sure how useful this one is for you, but I have a modified version of this printed on my wall:

>You need to have a robust enough ego to trust and defend your work, but not so much ego that you discard suggestions for more optimal solutions.
The reviewer [in this case, you], should have compassion and sensitivity while reviewing the optimized solution, because the roles will more than likely be reversed one day.

I don't hold any of my assets in Bitcoin. That will probably change soon, since it's looking more and more stable, and winter is coming. Believe what you want, user. It's all just words on a screen.

Thank you for the years of fun.

do you own any Link , user?

Yeah, what's your edge?

I am increasingly incredulous of your assertions

Yup, as I suspected.

>ITT LARPING FAGGOT

>24 year old
>married

Attached: resitas.jpg (480x360, 8K)

low quality reverse psyche larp

Fuck off larping retard your post smells like curry

Someone is committed to proxies.

Attached: IMG_2843.jpg (5312x2988, 3.85M)

could you send 100 dollary doos to a poor faggot who's trying to start his own business? I'll use 50$ to print more IOTBW posters for my campus. plox larperanon

1HEFwJbZ86KnzK7vy1C83y5jGCRjWGoL58

also, do you have any tips/things to consider before jumping head first into building a start-up?

I'm ten years older than you and have less than $1000 in savings and no college education. What do you recommend I do to start making it?

>You need to have a robust enough ego to trust and defend your work, but not so much ego that you discard suggestions for more optimal solutions.
>The reviewer [in this case, you], should have compassion and sensitivity while reviewing the optimized solution, because the roles will more than likely be reversed one day.

Eh, already have that internalized because I'm not narcissistic.

Tell another one.

Im 30 and just this month i became debt free. Like completely debt free. What do you advice for someone like me?

I have a stable, above average salary working as engineer and minimal savings.

make his dick bigger and modular so you can change it to a dildo. Thats on my bucket list for when i make it.

begging is not acceptable.. the reason is that if you start asking for money, other people that read the post will intuitively think that it is a legit option that money is being given out, and they will then also ask for money.
Soon a perfectly good thread can be turned into a begging contest.

This is a legit phenomenon, one person ask for money and other follows.

Phoneposter

Attached: F4FF3865-D540-462D-912B-666248BD2251.jpg (750x386, 170K)

As previously mentioned. "Ship of Fools" from Plato's Republic is good if you're planning on starting a company.

Could you elaborate on your goal in life?
Age, network, background, etc.

First of all, congratulations on becoming debt free. Luckily I never had that issue because of the immense welfare here in the Nordic regions. What sort of engineer? What sort of degree do you have? Do you enjoy the idea of having a superior above you (namely your boss)?

I can believe this.

Thanks!
Well i accumulated debt in US and moved to Europe about 5 years ago. Software Engineering degree, with master in interactive psychology currently working as game engine programmer in a relatively big company.

I do enjoy the idea of having a superior since company provides many benefits and the idea of managing legal stuff by myself scares the shit outta me, but i hope i can get to be "the boss" one day. At least someone higher in the hierarchy

>Well i accumulated debt in US and moved to Europe about 5 years ago

Genuinely curious about the reason for not retaining your U.S. citizenship and staying there. It seems like an economically unwise decision to get your education in the U.S of A and THEN move.

Not US citizen. I got engineering degree in South America, Master Degree in USA, Worked in USA for a while thanks to company sponsored VISA, then moved to Europe, smaller country, smaller city, more relaxed lifestyle. (and WAY less crunch, no overtime culture)

I see.

>I got engineering degree in South America

Unfortunately, unless you come from a highly regarded, regonizeable university, SA degrees I'd imagine aren't as valueable as EU/USA.

Wise choice to do your masters in the US.

Sounds like you're on the right track, user. Best of luck to you. Last question: What's your country of origin? (South/Latin America I'd imagine).

Attached: IMG_01022018_185054_0.png (376x908, 257K)

I'm guessing no response because I'm fucked. Got it

Chile! And yes, my university was recognizable enough that smoothed stuff for the VISA later on.

Thanks for the kind words, but do you have any advise like, should i try to invest in stocks or crypto or diversify into something instead of putting everything into a saving account?

Hi user, interesting read. You certainly sound like the more successful people i have met.

I have a question or two for you as I have started my own business this year (going well, but smallish numbers).
>What is your thought process when you have to make a "sale"? I put in in quotation marks because i'm not trying to physically sell something but rather convince someone that something is worthwhile for me and them, even though they will receive no financial incentives (financial incentives would not work either)

>Did you have a goal for size and scope for the company? Or did you just keep on growing more than expected?

>Did you always feel like it would go like this for you? Success, money etc.

>Advice as you begin coming into money? How has your mood/happiness/outlook changed over time?

>How do you find good people to take your company to the next level?

Appreciate your time, sorry for the long and complex questions.

Sorry. I must've missed it. I'm procrastinating at the office, currently. You're definitely not fucked though.

I assume you have a job. Generally I put 20% of all earnings (salary in your case) on an index fund of the Chinese industrial average.

Since you're on Jow Forums, and have access to the Internet. I'd recommend specializing in some sort of binary-outcome stock to quickly gain some capital. I know this sounds like gambling, and it is, but it sounds like what you're looking for is a quick way to make a buck. And without literally sitting down at a slot machine, looking into biotech is the best advice I can give you. I have a natural interest in organic chemistry and neurodegenerative diseases, also my country of origin has 2 or 3 of the largest biomedicine R&D labs in the world.

I can recommend Martin Shkreli's analysis of the intepirdine phase II clinical trial.

Nice.
And yes, my general rule is 20% of my net worth goes into savings/index fund.

I cannot give you any advice on crypto, as I've never delved too much into it. I understand the technology, but I'm not sure it's predictable, no matter how many scribbles you draw on a graph.

Good to hear you're ambitious and have jumped head in.

>Convincing a sale

I can't speak to your situation. But the product we sell has a clear advantage over our competitors and the demand is huge. The reason why we're able to succeed without pajeet competitors is because the barrier to entry is so high, and Westeners have a bias towards darker-skinned people, whether you like that or not. That's how the world works.

>Did you have a goal for size and scope for the company? Or did you just keep on growing more than expected?

Definitely got out of hand at one point when we went international. We started out as a test operation domestically. But then we slowly expanded southwards, and now international sales accounts for 80% of our business.

cont. (Post size limit reached)

>Did you always feel like it would go like this for you? Success, money etc.

I've always wanted this to happen. But I was scared I wouldn't even be able to land a normal job as a kid, because I was interested in different things.

A concrete example of a reality check: I was sitting in class (6th grade), the kids were playing soccer outside, while I was sitting working on something to scan and solve most of the simple algebraic problems in our textbooks (I had a little hand scanner with me). Luckily I went to class with ONE asian who had similar interests, and was never bullied. So overall 10/10 childhood.

>Advice as you begin coming into money? How has your mood/happiness/outlook changed over time?

Stolen directly from a podcast I listen to, and I have found it to be true:
Material posessions, such as an iPad, can remove annoyances and make tasks easier in your day-to-day life. But the the feeling of happiness does not occur, if only for a little while after unpacking it and being amazed at the technology.

>How do you find good people to take your company to the next level?

I was better at networking then expected. This definitely had more to do with luck, than skill, as I was (and still am to some degree) very introverted.

>Could you elaborate on your goal in life?
>Age, network, background, etc.

28, 35000 EUR networth, iberian yuropoor, currently working as a SW dev but have know how in machine learning.

Ultimately my goal is to be independent and to answer to no one.

>Generally I put 20% of all earnings (salary in your case) on an index fund of the Chinese industrial average.
CSI 300?
>stocks
Already have been looking into that. I can't day trade since I have a full-time job (also I'm a newbie and I would absolutely lose money) but I can invest in pharma and weed stocks long-term I suppose.

Thanks

Cheers, thanks for the replies.

ok thanks!

Well done for working on your intelligence, skill and matching that with the discipline to build something. Us in the 21st century might have the chance to build an age of peace and prosperity if we are wise with our decisions.

I need to improve my networking, so if you wanted email me at evmur1 at protonmail to help me with open source software or sharing any mentoring for building tools to improve peace&prosperity.

Something I've been wondering for a while - is a mix of a big safety net and some meritocratic capitalism the best mix of economy for the millennial generation?

When it comes to what you do for work, are you focused on doing something that you are really doing something you love or is it just a means to an end and you're just hustling your way through it?

Attached: thonk.jpg (550x455, 23K)

It is genuinely interesting to me. Has to do with risk analysis (actuary science, wiki it). Heuristics and so much more. You really learn to apply these fields to every single aspect of your life. The management and paperwork side of things are dull and frustrating though, but that's what I get paid for I guess. We're looking into replacing me with a leader, but I haven't found a candidate that can adequately understand the operation and delegate tasks, while also having great people skills and increasing the value for shareholders. (I can say this in a public forum, since we're not a publicly traded company).

No problem, fellow anons.

>CSI 300
:)

raidcrate at protonmail com

shit larp

Please don't use the mail if you're just gonna beg for money. It won't happen.

Attached: W1jecGk.png (69x39, 3K)

lmao
not me but I could see that coming

It was just hte first one I saw rolling in. Probably the same user begging for a job here. I'm good-hearted, but I'm not retarded.

Your average LINK holder.
Lambo and bitches, right? Wealth as an end.

Attached: C-hf2hHUQAAsu8P.jpg (1200x800, 176K)

How much for the Breker replica? 25k?

Since bronze cast, and the sculptor was busy it is gonna end up being roughly 75k. This is excluding shipping by sea, port and container reservation, and freight from seaport to house.

I just read through the entire thread
you live a rather interesting life user.
what's your educational background like, if you don't mind?

I recently abandoned the idea of being a translator, because I realised I don't want to wageslave for pennies all my life, doing something I don't even like much. So now, I have to decide what the fuck do I do with my life, and how to make money. Since I have to start learning and working from the bottom, I can choose pretty much anything I want.

I don't know whether to dedicate myself to working in graphic design, or something like forex trading, or a bit of both. Do you think it would be a waste of time to pursue multiple careers, because I can't advance as much? Or a smart move, because I can see what I am able to get good at, and what I can do better.

also, how do you cultivate self discipline?
it's just usually hard for me to actually do stuff I don't feel like doing

I ended up taking a gap year to focus on my software skills. Obviously, it ended up paying off. So I dropped out of college, since I practically knew everything they taught. Thinking about returning one day, if I retire early.

>also, how do you cultivate self discipline?

I don't. This is my archiles heel aswell. Luckily, the stuff I've been doing for the past 2 years has been continously interesting. A lot of books and research papers read. Thank you based Alexandra Elbakyan.

I'm not an all-knowing god of career paths. I'm sure I was lucky in a lot of what I did (some of it was obviously hard work and dedication too).

But from my personal experience, acquiring as many skills as possible (especially in STEM) is a bonus. If you're intelligent you know how to apply theory from one field, to solve an otherwise difficult problem in another. I've had this happen to me multiple times while writing code.

PPS.
Evan, I read your mail. I'll reply soon.

Also, if anyone else would help me out with their opinions, I would greatly appreciate it

Xtrackers Harvest CSI 300 ETF seems like the good one out of the two

Thanks, my situation is that I need to be able to generate at least a small income to sustain myself and be able to grow from there. That's where I'm at

really bad Larp.
evidence if his wealth is a picture of a fuckign ugly statue that doesnt cost shit. lol
go workcuck you motherfucker

Nice LARP you stupid crypto bagholder

>24 year old
>married
>self made millionare(32 milion dollars to be exact)
>comes from an average family yet he made it this far this quick
>posts on Jow Forums
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP
At least change that 24 to 42 , way more believable

what podcast?

where'd you learn most of your software skills?
online courses?

you'd probably be surprised who comes here ;)

Hello Internet.

Autistically going through MSDN as a child, and reading it faithfully. I've now grown to realize the coding examples there are horrible. No idea why the MVP moderators allow it.

;)

There's no reason to believe me. I'm with you user.

>MSDN
coding is definitely not for me

About that head...

it's too small.

The sculptor told me it'd be fixed in casting. Apparently it's standard procedure. It makes no sense. If you want, I can post pictures of the final bronze version once it's cast.

I'm going to China to manually inspect it in 2 weeks.