/smg/ - Stock Market General

Oh my it's taht time again ! edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: uncle_powell_time_look_at_the_time_2.png (418x455, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NLf2XqMfXLU?t=105
freddiemac.com/pmms/pmms30.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

EU is sinking, abandon ship!

Attached: berserk.jpg (2133x1577, 658K)

EU consumer stocks are pretty good right now.
I wish I had something else than tech.

Attached: it game.png (1122x1600, 1.53M)

when will death save me?

Attached: 1538169902525.jpg (997x1024, 107K)

RED DAY

that midterms pump was weak wtf

EU banks are now at risk.
High Systemic risk.
Even a high profile trade deal won't stop the rape train from tearing Euro apart.

>EU banks are now at risk.
Not really

shit's fucked isn't it

huge drops post-earning for ATVI and YELP.
will they bounce today or will they continue to dump?

everything is just designed to try to make you lose cum?

daimler

Attached: 1447874415575.jpg (633x758, 68K)

I'm in GE @ 8.80 how fucked am I?

>thyssenkrupp
Hehehe

Attached: 1500833047243.jpg (328x312, 20K)

y-you told me tha the economy is doing great

Attached: enough.jpg (316x202, 30K)

if you are long, they are gonna dump
if you are short, they gonna pump, get you margin called and pump again

since there isnt a single stock in the US that isnt hugely overvalued, anyone else looking to german DAX? Volkswagen, Daimler, Bayer are some which seem to be hugely undervalued because of their recent "scandals".
With Friedrich Merz in the run for next president after Merkel they also have someone lined up who worked for Blackrock and couple other big names/is very well connected with big players

>feds hint at higher rates
>all major indices down in overnight
Am I going to get raped again today? Should I just dump all my debt ridden stocks?

Attached: Capture+_2018-11-09-06-11-54.png (1440x2672, 393K)

The german economy in general is vulnerable to happenings in the eurozone - and with the Italy-stuff still going on i would be carefull. A bit longer term ido agree though.

People are crazy, everyone knew they were gonna hike rates. You'd think it would be priced in.

A

Niggers

>priced in
I pretty much agree with this. The slide throughout October is mainly because the feds communicated an expectation of further rate hikes, IIRC.

Shit makes 0 sense

>TFW me on this fine morning

Attached: 1de392b23a01e4497b787f0dcb418429.jpg (800x1158, 103K)

>pump was weak
We barely moved.

Attached: snp500.png (713x268, 18K)

>bogged forever.
feels bad man.

Attached: sadpepe.png (658x662, 59K)

I fucked a gal that looked like that when I was young. Co-worker at the gas station I worked at, one of the few Penthouse Forum moments of my life.
GREEN days to all of you.

GE pre market. Who's running this company?SNAP founders?

Only if you use Robinhood

>Really ?

Attached: bogdanoffs_pose_2.jpg (940x470, 249K)

>GE
For real get out of this shit. If you don't you're gonna lose your money. It's long-term FUBAR

Attached: 1488348504649.jpg (1084x827, 318K)

you guys think theres anyway we can make atvi stock get lower?

I don't believe you, but ebin if true.
Was she dumb as shit?

They're doing a fine job of that on their own, fren. I believe they think sacrificing their original base in favor of new users (phone/normie/chink) will result in long-term growth and profits. If it went down a bit more I would buy ten shares, maybe try to squeeze a few bucks out later this summer.

Honestly I fail to see who sacrificing the /v/ crowd is a bad move for any company.

As a german

Do not invest in DAX

technology, once leading, is in decline.

>no new core game announced at blizzcon + diablo mobile outrage + lowered earnings forecast
This is the worst series of news I've ever seen out of them and it's still only down 20%. It will never be this cheap again. Gamers are nothing but loud and obnoxious hypocrites who'd be back to sucking Blizzard's dick the second they announce a $60 Diablo 2 HD remaster.

Attached: call of duty boycott.png (947x850, 595K)

I wouldn't lie to YOU. She was dumb, but had some street smarts. She was, looking back, kind of a small town trailer girl. She wore this perfume that matched her perfectly. I walked by a woman years later that wore the same scent and it stopped me dead in my tracks.
I saw the former briefly, quit the gas job and quit her about the same time. She had great tits, pretty unique in that were So. Goddamned. Round. Not super big, but very round. Gravity-defying and still real. She was made to breed and play house.
Funny enough, she was the middle of three hottest chicks I ever had, back-to-back-back months in '98. Good times.
t. Grandpa

>trailer girl
Is trailer park living an actual thing or is it a meme ?

In the urban Midwest trailers are usually located off of major arteries close to industrial areas. They are typically full of Mexicans, older blue collar Whites and mean White Trash. In the country they tend to be full of single, working class parents and blended families. The trailers and vehicles tend to be nicer, too.
That's just my experience from traveling a bit, being degenerate, etc.
>t. Ohio

Warm smiles user, warm smiles.

Attached: 1540142474369.png (1293x1293, 1.61M)

Haven't thought about those days in a long time. Feels so good I almost don't mind being a phone-posting faggot.
So, NBEV is under $4 with earnings coming up. Is it about time for a quickie?

GE is gonna kill me. I hope it doesn't drop to 7$ or $5.50.

I hope it works out for you. I thought about buying a hundred at $12.50 back in May but I lost my balls.

Seriously you should get out of GE.

Whomst is this?

I think you made a wise move.

I will try at the open or pre-market.

Ive got 20@ 10.20. You know, I just don't think GE can fail. Once they restructure and sell off the struggling divisions they should be fine. Ive seen a lot of talk of confidence in a 20$ price point and maybe a bit more. Hopefully once they trim the fat the dividends will return as well.

i'm holding 200 from 14.6. the problem is that it's in my roth so I can't even take the tax loss and move to something better. Just going to buy puts all the way down to $5. My hope is that in 5 years we get back to 25.

GET OUT GOLD STOCKS. GOLD IS DUMPING. GOLD IS DUMPING.

Attached: 1515810979610.png (215x300, 65K)

pre markets looking even worse than it was yesterday

what isnĀ“t

Attached: 1541562470784.jpg (640x535, 36K)

I warn you guys not to invest in female CEOs. poor stock performance and corruption.

Attached: SFIX.png (882x805, 195K)

God damn kneepads you have expensive taste in sharpening stones lol.

Attached: 155C7F88-DA88-484A-BDB2-630FA768B31E.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

Cunts and poos as CEO make their companies an instant sell/avoid. Women can be CEO of laundry and dinner, but not much else outside of raising children.
Reminder that a based woman knows the value of raising children.

I encourage this. I want there to be no doubt when he decides to end it all.

meme chart predicts GE is going to be $0.000396 in a year.

Attached: GE.png (1811x671, 83K)

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO ACTIVISION. FIRST MY WEED STOCKS NOW THIS

FUCK THIS MARKET!!!!!!

Attached: 3278BA58-9099-472A-857F-797CA95A3C22.png (882x758, 17K)

Yeah 3-5 years seems to be the target

>Is it about time for a quickie?
Seems like a great buy.

Producer prices are roaring higher. Any doubts Powell may have had about the course of rate hikes is gone.

>meme stocks
Seriously

How many hikes in 2019 ? 3 or 4 ?

WAAAH NOTHING BAD THAT HAPPENS TO ME IS EVER MY FAULT

AHHHHHHHH MOST OF MY PORTFOLIO IS IN GOLD, Still betting on a gold rally.

Attached: roman_lictor_with_fasces_catalonia_2006.jpg (1152x864, 475K)

>he thought October was over

REMINDER: NOTHING CHANGED. We are still in a credit bubble that will explode after these rate hikes. The market is overvalued to hell because of ETFs. When fixed income crashes ETFs will plummet to nothing. Remember ETFs have never been tested in a recession. When this is over Vanguard will be found responsible for biggest recession ever.

SHOULDVE LISTENED TO JIM ROGERS. AAAAAAAAAA NOOO. STOP SELLING. FUCKING SHINY ROCK MINERS NOOO

Attached: AAAAAAAAAA.png (1051x974, 127K)

Yes

FOMC was looking for 3 while the market was looking for 2. If price data keeps moving up, you could expect both these estimates to increase by 1.

When do I buy the GE dip?

never

Why has Europe been rallying for the last two hours?

Plan was 6 more hikes at .25. That would put us at 3.7 EOY 2020

No, poos can be good for cutting costs. Avoid women and niggers like the plague. Look at what happened to McDonalds stock when they changed the nigger CEO for a White male. It was flat all of the niggers tenure and then went parabolic when they got the new CEO.

since when is ATVI a meme stock

How far are we making it before the crash? Guessing Mid-Spring/Early Summer here.

WHY IS CHEAP OIL BAD???

So 3 in 2019 and 3 in 2020, possibly more.

Can confirm, weird rally on the CAC (whole index) at once.

plan 4 2 day
bullish bias

Attached: SPY-11-9.png (1784x770, 119K)

Youre paying 30+ forward PE hoping Blizzard can pull another game out of their ass, while CoD & WoW are shrinking in playerbase. Your only hope is that they can squeeze more revenue out of the autists that will never quit, of course microtransactions further kill the existing playerbase.

Because you are a gaymer and your emotional attachement to this stock is way too high. That makes it a meme stock, like a redditor buying TSLA

Cheap oil is good for nearly everyone except oil producers
Expensive oil is good for oil producers

DAX, too. If Thyssenkrupp didn't shit the bed we'd be green.
It's an indicator of economic slowdown.

youtu.be/NLf2XqMfXLU?t=105
AHHHHHHHHHHHH, WE ARE STILL UNDERVALUED user!

Attached: LegionEmblem.png (2000x2000, 84K)

They wont be able to stop the bleeding anymore. Remember that one of the reasons the housing market is crashing is because of the cap on the mortgage interest deduction. This cap hits the most vulnerable (expensive) areas. That wont change until at least the 2020 election, as we have a split Congress.

So unless the Fed lowers rates, the housing market will come crashing down. Average 30Y rate is 4.94%. It was 4.84% just last week... If they hike rates in December (they have to), it will pass 5%, maybe even shoot up to 5.2%.

Are stocks racist?

Infineon looks juicy as fuck. I'm a bit sad I can't bet on foreign stocks with my 0% tax plan.

I thought this was about making money, which Ive made plenty of on ATVI.

>Average 30Y rate is 4.94%. It was 4.84% just last week
Wait does anyone actually buy homes at those rates ?

Attached: 1492138803908.jpg (900x1336, 1.33M)

Let me just mentiom that the conforming 30Y fixed is already at 5% APR (5.12% APY). VA & ARM loans pull down the average. FHA is just above 5% as well.

Yes, not everyone is 700+ credit score and putting 20% down...

Ive walked into the bank recently to check and theyve said 5-10% down is standard. Yikes...

I put ~15% down and got 1.16% fixed rate and I already trought it was a jewish-tier usury loan, how do people make it trough ?

Because then oil companies make less money and hire less and it also means too much supply and not enough demand. Though I think saying there isnt enough demand is misleading and production is setting new records every year now. Supply will obviously go back up.

My uncle bought a 400K house for 5.3% in 2007, and he paid it off in full just now. He was paying something like 3K/mo at the beginning though with property taxes.

Im debating this because apperently the money makers that GE has traditionally had are still healthy and intact, their power sector is whats fucking them down, but theyre selling off GE power to Wabtech next year so.

>He was paying something like 3K/mo at the beginning though with property taxes.
That sounds okay for a 10y, maybe a bit expensive.

freddiemac.com/pmms/pmms30.html
1982 - 16%

Man good thing i do stocks for fun, i would be fucked if i used this for actual income