Disney Parks Thread

Disney's Q4 earnings report is up. Revenue for the domestic parks for the quarter was $5 Billion, with attendance up 4 percent

mynews13.com/fl/orlando/attractions/2018/11/08/disney-parks-attendance--revenue-up-for-fourth-quarter--2018

Attached: disney.jpg (652x367, 67K)

What does this have the to do with /co/?

Disney parks are considered /co/

Who here is hyped for more /tron/, I just hope it isn't a clone of the existing ride

This is the most hyped for a ride I think I've ever been. Disney has had great immersive rides and I have exciting ones near me but this is something else

Reminder that only retards go to Disney during Summer, October,Spring Break and December.

Disney has been makings ads and encouraging people to visit the parks on the off-season more, which is when I go to try and avoid crowds. I wouldn't wait an hour for an organ transplant, and certainly not a theme park ride.

It's almost 100% guaranteed to be a clone with maybe some minor changes/mirrored layout etc. But fuck I live in California so I'm depressed it's only coming to WDW not DL. Just fucking demolish Innoventions already and put it there.

Attached: Image_WDW_TRON.jpg (5950x2676, 1.77M)

@104033668
Don't listen to this faggot, I've lived in Orlando all my life and can honestly say:

Best time to go to Disney World Orlando is November-January. February is a tossup. Sometimes it stays high 70s which is perfect and sometimes gets hot as balls back into the high 80s and 90s.

March it starts getting hot again, April may as well be summer plus spring break so getting to Orlando will be hell unless you fly with so many people trying to get to Daytona Beach.

May-July worst time due to how hot it is. Stays hot all day until the sun starts to set then you get massive storms. There's no escape from it either. Standing out in the sun makes you sweat, then you get under the shade and the humidity makes you sweat.

August-October
>August if the heat doesn't kill you the evening rain showers will plus hurricane season starts and (even though we got lucky this year) would be careful after the past two years
>September Hurricane season in full swing so watch the tropics, heat is still murder
>October usually starts getting windy so it cools down. Hurricane season starts winding down but still watch the tropics carefully

November-January perfect time. Hurricane season is still going, but chances are pretty low something will happen since the worst of it is usually over by November. Weather is finally cooling down with mornings in the low 50s and afternoon usually high 70s

Here's something that literally no one I've talked to IRL seems care about which makes me kind of sad: the fact that Disney, with each new show/spectacular is using less and less real pyro, and not just less, but less variety. Yes people online complain all the time about the over-use of projections, but what I'm talking about is, for example Disneyland's Fantasmic. With each of the last two major (2009 and 2017) refurbishments, they've reduced the amount and complexity of the pyrotechnics. The current show has only a fraction of the pyro and worse, it seems they now only use 3 different types of stars: gold glitter ("palm tree"/comet effect), red stars, and neon green-yellow stars.

Compare this to the older Fantasmic where they used a bunch of brilliant blue and purple stars which are now not anywhere to be seen.

Now i know *why* they removed it: money. Pyro is expensive and dangerous and requires lots of permits, and """most people""" won't notice the difference. But can I at least get someone else to agree with me that it really does reduce the "wow" factor of the show? You can see light projections and lasers almost anywhere these days. But pyro is still something only a few places do well. So the constant reduction in the quanity and types/colors of pyro does make me kind of sad. I bet in 15-20 years pyro could be all but phased out, especially in CA.

Anyways, see pic related from Fantasmic in 2008. Green, blue and purple stars all visible at once.

Attached: fantasmic 2008.png (848x630, 779K)

...compared to that same finale scene in 2017 Fantasmic, which only uses lime green, red, and gold comet/palm tree stars, repeated over and over. Seems they tried to replace the blue with the lights instead. But it's just not the same.

Anyways, I'm sure no one cares. But I needed to rant about this somewhere. It's bugged me for years.

Attached: fantasmic 2017.png (869x479, 597K)

>haven't been to Disneyworld since I was 8
>check prices now out of curiosity
>jesus christ
>realize my mom took us there for 4 days

How old are you now? Disney's always been expensive but the last 10 years the prices have shot up WAY faster than they ever have before.

You need to go back.

>giving accurate information is now reddit
so its come to this

Attached: 1535237940440.gif (495x459, 923K)

What's wrong with early October? Shit was nearly abandoned when I went five years back and the Halloween festivities were in full swing

Is there any point to going to Universal outside of Halloween Horror Nights?

yeah process shot way up
because they will as long as they're still getting massive numbers through the gate
if you think it's too expensive to go, than they don't expect you to go. they will make do with the literal billions of people who are more than willing to pay that much every year

the world doesn't cater to poor people, not getting luxuries is part of being poor.
if the price is too much, then you are poor

Do you like screens and or Harry Potter?

There is no way it could fit
Tomorrowland at Disneyland is literally boxed in by a major road.

Oh I totally understand this. My point to user was that if his mom used to take them on 4-day trips when he was a kid, that would be easily doable even for middle class family with financial responsibility and some saving, 15-20 years ago.

It's still doable for middle-class now, with significantly more saving up required. But for lower-middle or below class, it's pretty much out of reach without relying on huge amounts of credit. Just checked and a 4-day WDW park hopper is $508/person. So for a 4-day trip for a family of four that's over $2000 just for the tickets. Not including travel costs, hotel, food, etc.

You're right, currently that's true. Tomorrowland DL needs a massive overhaul, they basically need to tear down most of the land and rebuild it. I'm guessing they will do this in the next 10 years or so. The land is such a clusterfuck with random infrastructure and scenery taking up space (People Mover Track, old rocket jets, weird rocks at entrance), and HUGE amounts of wasted space (Autopia is the main culprit - look how much fucking space it uses on the map (red)).

But they could easily fit the Tron coaster if they did the following:
-Demolish Innoventions buildng (yellow)
-Don't completely get rid of Autopia, I know it's very cool for kids to be able to drive a car, but reduce its size by half (in red on the map). And upgrade to electric cars while you're at it, which should be a no brainier, since nothing says "Tomorrow" like the smell of gasoline,
-Get rid of the twisting monorail track in that section. (also in red) just route it around the perimeter.

Attached: Untitled.png (1041x865, 1.59M)

I hate how much projections are ruining night shows.

The Epcot show going is a major bummer. That had incredible fireworks.

They keep talking about demolishing Autopia but apparently its an insanely popular ride

Going the week after Black Friday is a great time. Pretty quiet and you get all the Christmas stuff without the Christmas crowds.

Quietest I've ever seen the parks is a week or so after New Years. It was a good 20 years or so ago but everything was almost walk on. Given how constantly packed Disney is now I doubt it's quite that empty now mind.

I can confirm the ~week after New Years is still a great time to go at least as of two years ago. Parks had very reasonable crowds. Not "empty" by any means but wait times for most rides were only in the 20-30 minute range. I'm going again this January.

Is December really that bad?

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS /CO/

holy shit this.
i went a month ago and thats all there was. if the lines were longer than 5 minutes of waiting i wouldve left and asked for a refund

They go there in an episode of Simpsons and Family guy. And i think I saw some Iron Man shit there last time I went.

It's /co/ now because of that

Are Disney parks actually fun?

I don't care for disney, nor do I find the rides worthy of the thirty minutes or hour of line waiting.

and here the thread shall die a slow and painful death...

in my experience they're always fun when you're a kid, they're fun like one time when you're an adult for the nostalgia factor, and they're fun if you're going with your kid. About it really.

>caring about Boomer businesses
how retarded is /co/

A shame Disney is totally kiked now.