Golang

Anyone else inspired by /ourcoin/ to learn golang? Never got into programming as a NEET but decided that it's the best language since that's what Sergey and team picked to write the code for chainlink nodes in. Golang has a sort of lesson plan on their website.

>tour.golang.com/

Realistically, how long until I could go from no formal degree to having a dev job? I'm running out of time to do something with my life, and I think that university is still playing catch up with technology so that's a waste of time and money.

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEEE.png (1920x895, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherproxy.com/sockslist
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unironically 1-2 years minimum, and that's only if you work hard at it every day

i would start with javascript instead

barrier to entry is low - runs on a browser which you use every day, which also means u will actually care about the programming you do

alternative is starting with Android or iOS if you use your phone a lot - i would say the keys to getting good at programming are:

1. working on (read, changing/improving) things you use every day and enjoy

2. never being intimidated or frustrated with yourself

...OH YEAH??!

I can't stand you guys!!! Everyone here is promoting Chainlink being the "universal standard" when in reality this is actually bearish for LINK and Sergey!!!!!!!!!

Think of it...! There is so much opportunity for the project to fail one way or another...how do you think Sergey would feel if this happened...?! He would be devastated and probably eat more Big Mac's and wear two Lucky shirts instead of 1!!!

See, if you never try to do things then you can never be a failure, that's the real red pill (shout out to my neets)!!!!!!!!!!

SO IF YOU LOVE SERGEY YOU WILL NOT SUPPORT HIM!!!!!

YOU WILL PROTECT HIM FROM BEING HURT IN THE END BY MAKING SURE HE GIVES UP THE PROJECT!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU DON'T TRY YOU CAN NEVER FAIL, IF YOU LOVE SERGEY YOU WILL SET HIM FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON Jow Forums, WHO'S WITH ME??????????? DO IT FOR SERGEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SET HIM FREEEEEEEEE

Thanks bros. I never looked into Javascript because I thought it wasn't as serious as a language as others, or that it's just a pajeet tier skill to have. I use Android, how would I go about even starting doing app stuff? Could I do that with Javascript or do I have to learn an android specific language?

Attached: 1540181257531447.png (1136x1135, 142K)

start with python if you want to progress fast
it is good language for prototyping I use lot of my prototypes in production

go is useful but only if you need speed and low resource usage or want to protect source code from customers it requires more effort to achieve same result compared to python

>i would start with javascript instead
This desu. JavaScript is the most veristle of the c style languages. It's pretty enjoyable to write.
I also recommend python. The formatting is odd at first, if you are used to c-style brackets and whatnot, but it is elegant and removes a lot of excess coding by default.

Kotlin FTW

like other anons said, I'd honestly start with Javascript, specifically ES6 syntax. If you get a little familiar with React or Angular as well, you could land a decent front end/web dev role relatively easily. Without a formal degree though, its gonna be imperative that you have some portfolio, whether its a couple things you built or just a bunch of projects/things you've built checked into github for self teaching so employers can tell you have some experience

bump

>I never looked into Javascript because I thought it wasn't as serious as a language as others
I'm currently a Node.js bakend engineer making $130k with no degree. I do have an AWS certification though so I'm not sure if that actually helped me to get hired. Anyways, JS is fun and easy and there's a decently-sized job market for it

learn kotlin or java

Thats another good point. If you get decent enough with JS, you can do full stack (front end and back end) using Node

Nice, good for you user. Why was I told that programming is a meme? Was it programmers fudding for job security? I think I'm going to switch from Go to Javascript

>Thats another good point. If you get decent enough with JS, you can do full stack (front end and back end) using Node
idk node seemed significantly different than front end js that the curve would be as difficult as php or ruby at that point.

>$130k
fucking americans have the best wages. im stuck in commie europe and the highest wage you can expect to get with no degree and 2 years exp. is £30-60k. (and £60k is usually for senior). even if you are pro c++ programmer working for a hedge fund here you only get £100k

Learn rust. It's the future. Lots of crypto projects are now using rust.

yeah well it sucks to try and do freelance dev work on the side as an American because you compete with third world pajeets and romanians

>Why was I told that programming is a meme? Was it programmers fudding for job security?

yes. 10-15 years ago people were shitting bricks over indian programmers thinking they were gonna have their jobs outsourced. never materialized

dude there's no such thing as a shitty or good language. I went from only doing assembly/C/Java in college to primarily Python and Javascript because that's where the jobs are right now.

It's not the language itself that is really challenging but always having to learn new frameworks. You can program Java for years but you won't be able to do most Java jobs unless you know the Spring framework. You can write tons of Js but if you haven't used it in the past 3 years you probably won't be up to date with React, Angular, Vue, etc... There's always some flavor of the month shit that just came out that you ***need*** to learn.

yeh rust is unironically a great lang. the only thing that sucks is the ecosystem hasnt really matured yet so you dont have a tonne of options for libraries. also compiling can be a bit slow

yes its fud. even though you see tonnes of videos etc. and on twitter shilling programming, it hasnt got popular at all. its literally all just google, facebook etc. trying to lower wages and get more programmers (all the programming views and likes on twitter and shares on facebook are fake). pic related

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 00.20.34.png (2330x1190, 256K)

I cant' learn languages that don't have a lisp-like syntax

These two posts are fucking me up.
>competing with third world pajeets and romanians
>outsourcing never materialized
Which one is it? Or is outsourcing only for a specific kind of programming job? I want to avoid the part of the market that involves competing with Ranjesh if possible.

I literally just started writing my first program in go yesterday, for no other reason than cuz I like Chainlink. I am thinking of doing a boot camp, which would emphasize JavaScript because I’m trying to change careers and get a job quickly. What’s the opinion on boot camp effectiveness?

What are you making in go?

Is this logic flawed?: Decided to self teach as expert-level stuffs in all fields will need to be self-researched and self-taught, so if a person cant even self teach himself the basics then yeah you get the point

Or should i just invest in a degree? What if he's already 22 not 18?

I wrote a ddos tool that uses a list of open proxies like a poor man's botnet, took down a large website that had a DDoS filter (presumably blocks large amounts of connections from a single IP). It's a really fun language. There's plenty of freelance jobs on Go. Keep going OP

golang is fucking hard as fuck. i tried learning it recently and wow. no thx

That sounds fucking awesome. Where did you get a list of open proxies?

What was the challenging part? Or where did you get stuck?

Idk user that's what I'm asking

Attached: 1540181257768979.jpg (700x725, 68K)

It’s just a simple thing to query an image board website api, let the user select tags, and download files matching the tags

I registered here and downloaded it gatherproxy.com/sockslist

I spawned 10k threads (which are called goroutines in golang) and had them make GET requests over and over to one specific website. The thing poofed instantly, people attacking me on a discord channel about it all angry that they cant talk to their loser friends and shit xD

Oh fuck the CIAnigger meme is true

Brilliant, I bet there's always some sick fuck who's witnessing the effects of his destruction like you. Taking notes, for science n shiet. I'll try some stuff with goroutines when I get more familiar with the language

It was some tight knit community of kids who thought they were sociopaths and a power tripping mod who kept banning me to show his power, I took his shit down for 6 days then he emailed me begging to stop. It's all for fun really.

You can go the other end and amass wealth by creating scamming bots like that twitter eth giveaway bot, find vulnerabilities in wallets, spread monero miners etc.

You'll find motivation to learn it once you think of a way to be an asshole haha

Attached: worldwide.png (1672x779, 176K)

Attached: united states.png (1718x707, 180K)

For work in the U.S. where you clock in to a 9-5 you won't have to directly compete against third world labor, so wages are good. Big companies still have tons of positions on American soil.

If you want to do online remote work, like on freelance sites, you will have to compete against people from third world countries.