/LPG/ - LinkPool General

Discussion thread about shares price, future of this platform, potential revenue... etc.

Previous thread What Is LinkPool?
>LinkPool is a ChainLink service provider with the ultimate goal of lowering the barrier to entry to becoming part of the ChainLink node network. Our aim is to allow people to easily earn passive income via staking, and also ease the amount of technical knowledge and experience required for running their own node. We achieve this by offering a easy to use and intuitive staking app and also a more hands-on Node as a service solution.

Linkpool's Services

>Staking Pool
>NaaS
>Consultancy & Managed Nodes

Official Website: linkpool.io/index.html
dApp: staking.linkpool.io/dashboard
DEX for Linkpool shares: staking.linkpool.io/dex
- - - - -

LinkPool Resources:
>FAQ linkpool.io/about.html
>Medium Articles medium.com/@linkpoolio
>Telegram t.me/linkpoolio

>Quick Rundown on the crowdsale

In order to get funding, LinkPool had a crowdsale from April 15 to July 31, 2018. Jonny & Mat sold 6.25% of the company to the crowdsale contributors. The capacity of the crowdsale was 1,000 ETH, of which only 701.2 ETH were sold. However, the Linkpool team decided to evenly distribute the unsold portion among contributors. After the crowdsale finished, the team distributed the shares, giving an extra 40% to everyone. These can be purchased through the DEx.

Why would I buy a share?
>You get 0.00625% of the Linkpool's revenue per share you hold. That includes DEX fees, NaaS subscription payments, 25% stakers fee and any other form of revenue for future Linkpool's products that are paid in LINK. Furthermore you will obtain staking priority when LinkPool goes live (the amount to stake per share is unknown yet).

Attached: Linkpool infographic.png (1377x5000, 1.25M)

How does distribution work in different cases?

>Figure with 100 LINK as revenue in the staking dApp:
>75 Link is distributed among every staker.
>6.25 Link is distributed among share holders.
>18.75 Link is distributed among Jonny & Mat.

>Figure with 100 LINK as revenue in the NaaS payment and DEx fees:
>75 go to Jonny & Mat
>25 go to share holders

Current LP share price: 7 ETH / LP

>General
kys cancer moon boi

Bump

lets assume nodes get 5% returns on average (actual figures dont matter, we're just trying to figure out the efficiency between staking on your own and with LP)

LP has 15m links already pledged. 5% in staking rewards = 750k links. LP fees at 25% = 187500 Links for LP. Share holders get .25 of the cut =
46875 links (there are 4000 shares in total and only 1000 are public). Divide that by 1000 you get ~47links per share per year.

If one were to use the money he spent to buy links instead he'll get ~3200 links, assuming the cost of LP shares are 7 ETH each (current asking price)
So if one were to stake 3200 links at 5% returns he'll get 160 links (again, running costs and labor not included). The revenue of staking on your own is 3.4x of the profits from staking with LP.

at 47links per year for 3200 links you're looking at ~1.46% returns which is a joke. Even if the staking rewards doubled from 5% to 10%, considering LP is ready to go upon mainnet launch and has first mover advantage, the returns will still be at about 3%. Moreover, the high returns will likely fade away as more pools come online over time. If we consider 5-6% returns to be an acceptable annual yield, this means the amount staked will need to go up to 60m links (4x).
That is effectively 6% of total link supply. Assuming that's possible, we still have future linkpool products and services that may further increase the profits and subsequently the yield, but no one can tell by how much.

Basically at 7eth per share the maximum yield you can get would probably be around 8% in a VERY optimistic scenario (more than 6% of total link supply staked, products raking in huge profits) and ~5% for the average scenario.

Don't buy any higher. I did the math after fomoing and am regretting it now.

kaleido kills jewpoll.
just sell this shit as long as someone pays 7eth for a share (kek)

Based math doing user

explain linkpool to a brainlet

Attached: 1512192567855.jpg (1122x1114, 95K)

it's lik uh a pool that you put links into bro

>Give private keys to centralized exchange lead by a known Russian scammer
>Wait for pay out
>Wait some more
>realize all your linkies are gone
>?
>profit

You forget about NaaS payment. That's the actual gold mine Linkpool is offering.

Check this post He's been fudding for days now with calculations that ignore the main source of revenue NaaS & staking with them apart from holding shares, he's just someone who wants cheap LP shares.

Do you have technical knowledge to run your own node?
If yes, run your own node, it's encouraged and necessary for the network.
If not, stake with Linkpool and earn LINK in a passive manner for doing nothing when the main network is launched.

>inb4 AAAAAAAAHHHHH BIIIITCONNEEEEEEEEEECTTTTTTT

It's not the worst thing ever as a labor saver, but the markup people are currently asking is absurd. A user friendly node operator interface will kick this project in the balls, and all the people that FOMOed in at 7eth (seriously...) will be crying.

really you stinking name fag
delete this thread grap a rope
put rope on door knob and other around your neck and start hanging

>the main source of revenue NaaS & staking with them apart from holding shares
You don't actually know that. Nobody knows. Overconfident shilling is as misguided as overconfident fudding. There are simply too many unknowns at the moment.

If a project has 3 source of revenues and one of them only gives you 6.25% in return and the other two gives you 25% in return, which one will provide a better return?

Depends on the relative size of the streams, doesn't it.

(potentially) provide*

Has anyone looked at the smart contract of link pool? Worth 3000 dollar. Anybody who sends links will never see them again

Fud me on this please, but won't the average NEET AWS node not have SGX support or provide access to paid APIs, thus miss out on most higher value jobs?

You don't know how much NaaS will bring. Like it has been said on the other thread if there are 60m staked then 5.8% is a likely yield you'll get for a share. Therefore to push the yield to 8% territory the NaaS service and any other future products will need to collectively pull in the same amount of profit as having 30m links staked (1.48% for every 15m staked)

The proportions are still the same, in both cases shareholders are still getting 25% of the profits

whats the point in fudding linkpool? I don't get it...

jonny will deliver, you autistic fuck

Linkpool will probably work, don't get me wrong, and I think it will be a decent service that ico buyers will be glad to be part of. But I think the income predictions are massively inflated, and the current markup for shares is absurd and relying on fomo. But literally only time will tell. If I had a few lp shares I wouldn't sell, but I'm sure as hell not buying any at these prices.

Johnny is a known scammer
All Johnny deserves is to have his guts removed while a trap ejaculates in his ass

Yep.
If you have the Knowledge and skills to provide SGX TEE and access to APIs that will be valuable. Go ahead.
Me? I’m gonna sit back and let linkpool take care of it.

No, the proportions are definitely not the same.

Staking dApp will distribute 75% of revenue among stakers as staking rewards.
6.25% to shareholders
and 18.75% to Mat & Jonny

While DEx and NaaS will distribute 75% of rewards among Mat & Jonny and the rest for share holders.

It will be a decision you regret in 3-6 months. Target 50eth by March after a higher peak

Revenue =/= reward. It only looks good on paper because NaaS doesn't have revenue, the fees are straight profits already. A proper comparison would be to compare the distribution of STAKING FEES to the distribution of SUBSCRIPTION FEES of NaaS services. They both have the same distribution ratio

I'm happy to make an informed decision after mainnet once I've attempted node operation on my own. If that means paying a premium then I can live with that.

that's not even a 10x. You think link wont be $5 by march?

Good attitude man

Talking about linkpool, 50eth/share is 50x

but buying at current prices is a little risky. Why am i even fudding this i need someone to buy bags from me I've bought too much

this is reasonable but you have to remember that reputation providers could have node operators register and then limit the amount of nodes that they accept from any one entity so as not to be too centralized; thomas has suggested this being a possibility. This would mean the amount of link linkpool could stake would be pretty limited, thus the first ones in might be the only ones... it's alway possible to take your link back whenever but once linkpool is full you may be out of luck until or if someone else pulls out, plus non ICO buyers would have to come after them since they have priority.

The other user is asking whether it's better to hold lp shares or link itself, and noting that even if lp shares are 50 eth that's less than a 10x from current prices, and I think we're all anticipating link to go more than 10x in that period.
The good news for lp holders is that even if this is the case, people with large link stacks will probably hedge a bit into lp, so moving link would drive lp too.

Agreed. But if you've followed the project, you know they are legit. Its just a second layer gamble on the success of LINK

*mooning link

nobody is buying
and Johnny has already been exposed as scammer
The only reason you see it spammed here and mildly fudded and shilled
is because it helps to Fud LINK in the future
>Oh you want to stake
>Look at LinkPool CONNNNECT
>wazawazawazawaza

yea but i think the biggest systemic risk of linkpool is that reputation providers force registration and only permit a limited number of nodes from any one person or group, meaning jonny would either have to commit fraud or just have many fewer nodes than anticipated. you'd still have the NAAS revenue, but linkpool could end up being much less lucrative than anyone anticipated

Ahh, yeah i see.
I look at it more in the terms of priority staking. Lp will be ready day one, how many neets will be comfy running nodes day one.

I hope we see 10x

Which scam exactly?

I have 1.4 shares, feels good to be a part of the elite :)

So if LP has a monthly revenue of one million, i get 1000000 x 0.00625 = 6250 per month?

$62.5 actually

But my calculation is correct and op stated that percentage is 0.00625?
Elaborate.

i son’t think you understand what hedging means user...

LP and link will have direct price correlation
that said, lp 1000k eoy

>reputation providers force registration and only permit a limited number of nodes from any one person or group
this is bs
where in the whitepaper does it say this

0.84 shares here. should i get another 0.16

explain? i saw that its offering API services but it said to businesses. what about to autistic neets?

No, it's not, and that's basic math... For every share you have, you own 0.00625%

To calculate the 0.00625% of a million USD you have to divide 0.00625 by 100 and then multiply it for 1,000,000

It's $62.5 per share you own.

Actually kaleido could be a client of LinkPool. So it doesn't make sense what the other user is saying

0.0000625 is the correct number to calculate profits per share from total revenue. 1 × 0.25(LP fees) × 0.25(stakeholder cut) / 1000(individual shares)

how much shares are you sitting at?
if you don't mind?

14 LP shares

woah nice
I used to be at 14.24 (now 12.24)
selling some to get a better link to linkpool ratio
how about linkies?

I have a more humble position in Link, bought 10k Link in October 2017 and since then I haven't sold nor bought

>all the lazy NEETs put their couple hundred linkies into Linkpool
>retard with Linkpoo shares collects $4 dollar every 4 months as profit

Attached: interesting.png (800x769, 126K)

are you me? lmao
had 12k now at 18k
I have a long in eth(on bitmex), hoping to get to 30k link soon
I suppose I could buy back my lp stack at this rate of dumping

Nice to meet you brother from another mother.
I'm too pussy and never dared to sell. I'm guessing I will stick to what I have for the time being.

checked
perfectly understandable
see you on the yacht party
-gtr

What I don’t get is that a big competitor can see what linkpool is doing and undercut them. No one ever has an answer for this.

There has to be other options once linkpool shows it is profitable in the short term

What I don’t get is that a big competitor can see what Chainlink is doing and undercut them. No one ever has an answer for this.

There has to be other options once Chainlink shows it is profitable in the short term

What I don’t get is that a big competitor can see what linkpool is doing and undercut them. No one ever has an answer for this.

There has to be other options once linkpool shows it is profitable in the short term

from what I see, the reputation will be better from linkpool
they'll have first mover advantage

What did he mean by this?

Attached: IMG_20181110_151745.jpg (1080x652, 155K)

There will be. Competition is healthy for the network. But as long as there is no such competitor with the necessary funds or level of development, Linkpool will benefit from that gap, obtaining profit and reputation. That's the advantage of the first mover.

He probably meant test net. Also the penalty stack mechanism has to be built by the Chainlink team.

I'm not terribly concerned about a linkpool shadowfork.

Jonny, Sergey and the (((illuminati))) are all in on the secrets before the rest of us

Mfw I get returns both from staking my linkies AND from my LP shares. Like double teaming a thot just by myself. Epic!

What is your estimate on the staking priority of 1 LP share? Is it save to assume 1 LP = 10K Link staking priority, or will it be lower/higher?
Weird how that topic is so rarely talked about, when every seller / buyer of shares need to ask themself:
How many LP shares can I sell //should I buy to still be able to stake all my Links?

So if 1 LP = 10k staking priority and there are 1000 Shares, that would mean the whole staking priority would be 10 million. Seems plausible?

excellent analysis, did the math myself and it matches up. you're right, this is a gamble and you're gambling for at most an 8% gain, I'd rather just hold LINK since it's potential return on investment is infinitely higher than linkpool.

Attached: 1537444318396.jpg (1000x1200, 1M)

Will link ever break 10k satoshi?

Attached: link.jpg (1488x743, 251K)

If you’re a neet. Why not learn how to stake, or wait to learn from a future YouTube tutorial and then reap the gains.

LP seems to be an overvalued property rental agency disguised as a profit sharing scheme when the owners take the majority of the profit . Don’t mean to fud, but it seems like a con artist gig

Having LP shares is like having 2 dicks, I like that analogy.

I, personally, had made a somewhat lower estimate. Around 7k per share. I think they stated before they had confirmed a staking interest of 14 mill LINK. But just to be safe I'd assume only 7 million links will be staked with them during the first months. Afterwards such limit will probably increase.

Yeah, there will clearly be a ramp up time. They can't have >10 million Links staked from the first day.
The staking priority might not be fixed but slowly increasing, maybe per week or so.
Having many LP shares is nice in such a scenario, as you get to stake all your Link even in the ramp up time.

Exactly, though I understand those not wanting to jump in right now, the bigger picture is quite a profitable scenario

If anyone needed more prove that the whole thing is a scam to rob Link there you go

Staking in general never seems to be worth it. At least until coins stop moving 10% swings then maybe a 3-4% gain will be impressive.

LINKCONNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT