Hey Jow Forums

Hey Jow Forums
How do you budget yourself?

Attached: ajk-govt-presents-over-rs108bn-budget-for-next-fiscal-year-1526890549-3659[1].jpg (400x266, 15K)

Don't spend money on dumb shit if you can't afford it. It's that simple

So buy dumb shit you want until you can't afford it anymore? Wow that is simple! Thanks user!

It's hard for a lot of people, that's also why credit card debt is so rampant.

Okay I guess that's true. But I felt like most people here had more detailed budgeting than that.

pay monthly bills then dump everything thats left into shitcoins

Do monthly bills include things like premium coffee, restaurants/fast food, hobbies outside bitcoin? Your life seriously consists of bare necessities and shitcoins?

I would say a good start is to start keeping track of how much money you have coming in and from where, and list out all of your expenses throughout. I actually have an excel spreadsheet where as soon as I make a purchase or get some money in from a job I go ahead and put it down to keep track of it all.

Having to keep track of it yourself will help you realize what is most important to you and where to spend your money. most of my money of course goes to bills, food, and gas.

my columns for expense page is business account, checking, cash, and then notes. and then at the bottom I have it give me the total.

my columns for my income page is business, checking deposit, cash on hand, paypal, savings, IRA, and then notes. bottom gives the total and then I have for ech total column I subtract the total that corresponds from the expense page.

Hope this all helps user!

Attached: tumblr_inline_napps4hKiz1sjlent.gif (245x300, 744K)

You dont, budgeting is for fags

immediately put 50% of paycheck into vanguards

After that, any savings at the end of the month go 50% into vanguards, 50% into my pleasure purchases fund.

I've been budgeting my income for almost a year now. It blows my mind how restrictive some of you seem to be from this thread though.

I allow 15% of my post-deduction paycheck to be spent, 20% when I'm travelling. That means about $500 a month for me, just for non-essentials, not including utilities.

I'm trying to follow
>50% Home/Living
>30% Investments
>20% Personal

Yeah TCG is a damn wallet eater. I play PTCG and Weiss, but I'm sticking to my 15% budget. 50% is a lot, damn. Do you get playsets of a lot of releases or something?

Attached: disposable loss.png (484x296, 11K)

I honestly have no idea how difficult this is for people. I have a coworker drwning in debt bc shes HAS TO have a new car, drink starbuckers every morning and loves to buy more shit on credit when she pays off a tiny amount. And she is just on a whim having a baby now. I honestly don't understand how ppl can't live within their means.

I don't know why everyone assumes that budgeting is for getting out of bad situations. I was wanting to budget for consistent growth in my future.

I don't need to budget, I barely spend any money at all. When I want something, I almost always just have enough money for it. The only exception was my car, for which I saved up for a couple of months (ie by not putting my surplus money into shares).

What did you think the shares were for? I'm 24 with a net worth of around $60k, I'm not exactly doing bad for myself.

I use an app
t. 19yo neet

Attached: Screenshot_20181120-081606~2.png (1080x1327, 43K)

Deleted the post soon after because I realised I missed that part. Good on you. You're about 2x ahead of me and we're the same age. I only began working at the start of this year though.

basically I don't buy anything at all besides food and rent

Lekker kontje hans

How do you stay happy?

>TCG

what the fuck are you talking about nerd

I don't, I just try to spend less than I make. works out yolo

Attached: Untitled copy.jpg (714x144, 20K)

>pay student loans
>buy food
>yolo the rest into stocks/options/crypto
Its a simple formula thats worked for me. Once in a while Ill buy something like a book or pair of shoes, other than that I havent bought anything but food in the past 4 months.

>simple
>working hard and not enjoying any of the benefits that working gets you
Same question I said here How do you live happily when enjoying so little of your money?

the thought of you contribution to your future happiness outweighs the boredom
hard mode:
one meal a day (omad) consisting of ramen, chicken (or a cheaper protein source), and a multivitamin
not only am i losing weight but i also have learned to ignore hunger for when my coins all drop to 0

>OMAD
>not GOMAD
Never going to make it

Glad you can enjoy that. What does your typical weekday and weekend look like? I wish I could be happy like that.
Hard mode is unhealthy mode though user. If you're happy then that's good but take care of yourself too or you won't enjoy your future for long.

i just dont buy shit i dont need, pretty simple
self control is not hard, it's literally a fucking binary choice

I have the inverse question for you—why do you need to spend to be happy? how much?

Well I spend about this at $500 a month or less than 15% of my budget at the moment. That will likely go up next year since I'm going to be travelling.

I work from my home, and my job isn't very stimulating for me. The city I live in is not a very big, active, or communal. After work I cannot enjoy very many things. Because I work from home, gas is also a personal expense for me since it's purely personal use.
I have books to read, games to play, but sometimes I'm too tired or not in the mood.
I want to feel like I'm part of a community, and I like competing and collecting, so I play TCG.
I like to have aquatic pets to keep me company, and setting that all up is a bit costly.
Lastly, and the largest category of my expenses making about 25% is, going out with my gf

I have had problems with depression in the past so I try to make myself happy in the ways I think would be most helpful. Again I spend about 15% though and that's pretty conservative for a normal person at least

no not really, like he said just don't buy useless shit, don't be a consumerist, live below your means, you don't need new tech toys & gadgets, or new clothes, or new shit to make you happy. the majority of people are conditioned by our culture and society through advertising to literally be addicted to buying stuff, to get the rush of spending that hard-earned cash on a new toy you've had your eye on. If you can break free of that conditioning life gets super fucking easy.

I manage to save ~50% of my income; every year I'm banking like $35-40k just because I live cheap and don't give a fuck about "keeping up with the joneses"

The budget part itself isn't complicated, just take 30 minutes, add up all your necessary expenses (bills that must be paid) and then allocate a small % towards leisure so you don't go crazy, you don't have to live like a pauper.

Save and/or invest everything else. If you want to go the safe boomer way invest in ETFs that pay 6-9% per year and just do this for 10-15 years saving as much as you can until you have like $500-700k+ saved and you're making a passive $30-60k/year interest

you should not eat at restaurants/fast food, besides very rarely on a date or out with friends (once or twice a month). You save a fortune eating and cooking at home.

>premium coffee
if you mean like coffee shop stuff? starbucks? never buy that shit, just brew coffee at home, you save a ton

buy groceries and necessities in bulk, if you see something on sale (say coffee) buy as much of it as you can store, assuming it's a non-perishable good, and you have space for it, you should always buy as much as possible when its discounted

My standard meal is ground pork, diced onions, garlic, some basic spices, and rice cooked with eggs

basically extremely cheap and nutritionally complete. I would use beans but they fuck my guts up

oh and I OMAD it like a boss

>I manage to save ~50% of my income
That is impressive. I'm gonna be honest I'm only planning my independence at the moment and this is what I've got. This seemed realistic to me but maybe I'm wrong. Should I be allocating my funds differently, or is some of this unrealistic?

I usually have nights out with gf a few times a month averaging about $115 a month. About $11 a month of convenient food that I don't make.
I suppose in my plan I could lower the amount I spend on groceries by a bit if I follow what you've advised though.

Attached: Untitled.png (897x213, 20K)

Woops, I should note here that the yearly income is after deductions including 12% going to company shares and sponsored pension.

I've never heard of OMAD before this thread, and I'm surprised it's so popular. I already get shit amount of nutrients so I don't think this would be an option for me.

What app is that?

food
bills
expenses
investment/saving
leisure (optional)

in that order

I dont do OMAD for the savings though,I do it for the gut health and not having to shit all the time

Sounds like a good situation you've got there then. Doing great user good job

that looks okay, you can probably reduce "personal" expenses to save more I would assume

to put it in perspective I earn roughly double your yearly gain, but my expenses are about the same as what you have there (little higher mortgage but less personal), my grocery bill is about same, utilities the same, etc.

As you make more money in life, realize you do NOT need to spend more money. If you get a 20% salary increase, keep your budget the same, just add to your savings. That's the mistake I've seen a lot of my friends make, they get a raise and right away think "man now I can buy that new car!" or "time to move into a bigger house!" often for no reason other than the fact that they can afford it now.

And ya there's nothing wrong with a couple date nights a month, but I've known people who literally eat at restaurants 5-7 days per week, one guy I know never cooks at all, like he hasn't used his kitchen in the last 3 years, I think his monthly food/restaurant budget is like $1400/mo whereas my food/restaurant budget is like $300/mo

Okay I'm glad to hear that.

I imagined that some expenses would not raise in %, like personal, and this balancing would become much easier to look at in my % model here. What's not seen in the picture is that some of the values are based off the % and some % are based off the value. In fact I would imagine that everything listed there would remain the same except for rent, which I'd probably be happy living in the % laid out there. But I do try to save when I can too.

Yeah I know of some people like that too. I try to understand frequently, but can't even imagine what's going through their heads to spend so irresponsibly.

Anyways I'm pretty happy with my understanding of budgets at this point and it's getting pretty late so I'll be heading to bed now. Thanks for the advising and discussions.