What are they gonna do when we claim capital loss deductions??

What are they gonna do when we claim capital loss deductions??

Attached: irs-logo.gif (429x576, 7K)

jokes on you, you're a neet with no other income

Laugh and deny

you can only use $3k per year and you have to make money for it to really matter. theyll just wait it out while not noticing any difference. crypto is tiny even when it was in a bubble

you can forward losses to the following years

just gets removed from your income. and don't even try to fucking tell me i'm wrong, or that isn't how it works becuase I sold a massive fucking loss last year in stocks and that's how it was treated on my taxes.

You can carry forward the unused loss to future years

>Loses money in Decentralized coin scam
>demands the government to pay for it

...lmao

so even if you live to be old what's the point where it stops mattering, 200k or so? a lot of people here lost more than that

I can only claim losses if I have a job? They owe me $5k!

They want us to pay tax on our gains dont they? Doesnt work both ways faggot

>not realizing capital loss deductions are just that, DEDUCTIONS AGAINST OTHER INCOME
>board filled to brim with people bragging about being NEETs all-in on crypto
That's a yikes from me dawg. But, don't worry brothers, I still believe in you guys. You will make it.

>refuses to obey the laws of the land he's born in
Enjoy my bags bitch nigga

You have to be over 18 to post on Jow Forums.

ok I have a 2.7k loss in 2017. Should I print out the records of proof?

If you didn't claim it on your 2017 return you'd probably want to file an amended 2017 return and either collect the refund immediately or put it towards your 2018 refund.

Made $120k on some shitcoin, lost it all on bad trades, never cashed out and down to just $1,000, how fucked am I

>Made $120k on some shitcoin, lost it all on bad trades,
no you didn't.

Its limited asshole. You only get 3k a year.

You idiots realize that it is only a deduction against income tax?

You can't get a refund greater than what was deducted out of your paycheck

No seriously, I was gifted a shitcoin that pumped huge, never had such money before in my life. Gambled it away on other shitcoins and the bear market hit, would take it out of one coin to try and make back my losses and that one would get hit too. Before I know it I have nothing. I can handle losing money i never invested much in, what I can't handle is the idea I'd have to pay the IRS a ton of money I never even cashed out

user you weren't ever gifted anything. you've never traded shitcoins on foreign exchanges.

>being this daft
What are you even responding to?

Yea but you can imagine if he had

Attached: fatnisseverdeen.webm (480x368, 181K)

it would have been nice. shame it never happened and nobody can prove otherwise...

LOL why didn't it happen, what are all you fags crying about your losses, you don't think there aren't big winners and losers in here?

some of you people just can't be helped.