Why do people believe in the myth of the self made man? Jeff bezos’ grandfather was a director at DARPA...

Why do people believe in the myth of the self made man? Jeff bezos’ grandfather was a director at DARPA, warren buffett’s Dad was a congressman and owned a brokerage house, bill gates was a rich trust funders. If you have shitty genes you will always be shit

Attached: F0FC5F4B-7553-4697-8C10-E199BE582D9B.jpg (416x416, 24K)

sylvester stallone was homeless before he wrote rocky

billy bob thornton worked in a factory at 26 when he decided to fuck this shit and go to LA. he waited tables until he got his first role at 30

later he got an oscar and banged the fuck ot of angelina jolie

Jesus get off the genes shit
read OUTLIERS by Malcolm Gladwell. Parents class status, education, talent, and lots of luck.

also, because of American Individualism - its what keeps capitalism and alienation going

It's only partially true. You can start from scraps and become a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need a solid springboard, some level of privilege.

Therefore if you're starting from scraps, your working for your kids' future, not really your own. Not that being a millionaire sucks or anything, just less awesome.

This. Self made men generally only become millionaires or multi millionaires. Billionaire status is for your kids and grandkids. Sucks but that's how it is.

I know this is commie bait, but I'll bite. What's considered a self-made man in your opinion?

Someone who gets no help from others, does it on his own

Attached: 123124.png (547x478, 269K)

>to become a billionaire you need a solid springboard, some level of privilege.
>Self made men generally only become millionaires or multi millionaires. Billionaire status is for your kids and grandkids

Steve Jobs - Birth parents university doctoral students; adopted father mechanic/handyman.

Bill Clinton - Real father died, stepfather was used car salesman

Mark Cuban - Father was an Automobile Upholsterer, But is Jewish

Larry Ellison - Born to single mother who gave him to her aunt and uncle to raise. Uncle was government employee, but is Jewish.

Sam Walton - Father was a Farmer in Oklahoma

John Rockefeller - Father was a conartist who sold magic elixers.

>But is Jewish

kek, +10 mercantilism

Zuck smiles at you

There will always be exceptions. I was talking generally.

Billy Bob Thornton is pretty cool guy when you think about it.

Zuck was lucky enough to go to a top level university and know the Winklevoss chads so he could steal their idea.

You don't just go to Ivy League if you are a regular pleb.

Henry Ford - Father was a farmer in Michigan

Larry Page - Parents were university professors

Elon Musk - Father was an engineer

Carl Icahn - Father Jewish clergy and substitute teacher. But is jewish.

Michael Bloomberg - Father was an accountant at a diary company

If you believe that op, why aren't you building wealth so you can pass it onto your kids so they become ultra wealthy? derp.

Well his family was upper middle class at best but hardly what you’d call millionaires
Luck shmuck the guy is a multibillionaire and this is a fact the rest doesn’t matter

>There will always be exceptions. I was talking generally.
I agree with you. Just pointing out that it's not impossible to become a billionaire from humble means. Plenty of guys have done it.

>140 billion
>still a manlet

Yeah but when I agreed with the guy saying you need a springboard I wasn't talking about some "small" million dollar loan like Donald Trump got.

For me, a upper middle class upbringing, with uni education, a stable family life and maybe a connection or two is the springboard.

I agree. But it's very rare. I was gonna mention George Lucas as a self made billionaire, and he kinda is, but still, he had the luck to be born in the right place and time in California, be able to go to a top film school and become friends with Francis Ford Coppola, Steven Spielberg and a whole host of other top hollywood directors. How the hell do you get the luck to happen to have like 10+ future hollywood A listers in your fucking film school class and your teacher and mentor made The Godfather.

For me, from my position in life, I don't think I have any springboards. Not saying I am giving up, being a commie, or saying it's impossible. Just being realistic in acknowledging that some people have better starts to life that give them more opportunities.

>be born in small poor rural town
>father is a tradesman
>not even in America
>no internet until mid 2000's
>shitty religious school upbringing more focused on god than education, didn't bother to teach us any advanced math
>absolutely no connections
>no uni and if I did go it would be to an absolute shithole local uni and be a waste of money
>father spent almost all his time working so wasn't raised properly as he didn't pass on much knowledge to me
>no one gave me any advice on what to do with life and I was left to make my own mistakes all throughout highschool and early adulthood because I had zero guidance and no older siblings/cousins to learn from
>parents divorced and mother an absolute mess

I am unironically gonna make it with Link though. I will be a millionaire, possibly a multi millionaire. But I just don't have enough fiat on hand to invest enough to become a billionaire out of Link.

Genes make a huge difference. Talent is based largely on genes. Stupid people can't be highly educated no matter how they try. This is a fact, man. No need to read propaganda books to understand that. Luck only factors in if you're capable of leveraging the opportunities that are available.