/entg/ - Entrepreneurship General

Fuck discord edition.

Please check previous threads for inspiration.
Ask any questions and hopefully an user can help.
Be polite but tough love is welcome.
Tripfag if you are frequent or want to, or don't it's up to you.

In this thread, I'm going to compile the best income streams ordered by investment required, including both online and offline options

Little to no Investment($100-$1k), very hands on
>Direct Response Copywriting
>Dropshipping
>Social Media Marketing
>Digital Media or Marketing
>Affiliate Marketing
>Media Buying
>Web Development
>Freelance software development
>Making Online Courses
>Self publishing Ebook (comprehensive guide:kindlepreneur.com/book-marketing-101/)
>Product Arbitrage
>Consulting
>Sales

Some Investment Required($1k-10k)
>ATMs
>POS Systems
>Slumlording
>Daytrading
>P2P Lending
>Authoring or Online publishing
>Vending Machines
>Automated News sites or any kind of automated blog
>Automated online Arbitrage with the help of a buy bot

Large Investment Required, but still very passive(10k+)
>Parking Garages or lots
>Laundromats
>Batting Cages
>Rental Properties
>Buying Royalty rights on music, media, etc

If you have any comprehensive guides. Post them and we'll add them here.

Feel free to add more and share your knowledge, experience, advice with others, but I think that's a lot of value that you won't find in most threads here.

Dropbox
dropbox.com/sh/tqnuzrzrp0llrv3/AAA-6c_oXANnBEKK3Xt1K5pda?dl=0

Attached: 1541871572313.png (500x500, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kindlepreneur.com/book-marketing-101/)
marijuanalife.io/2018/04/15/macka-bs-medical-monday-turmeric-refix/
youtube.com/watch?v=AGYFzAuhaAI
discord.gg4usKUGn
libgen.io
pdfdrive.com
ultimatepoopvideos.tumblr.com/
discord.gg(slash)gTXuwU
discord.gg(slash)6mBdPwQ
cssgrid.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks for this m8. But what's wrong with the discord?

This thread is posted on Jow Forums, not discord. Talk about entrepreneurship on Jow Forums.

bro watch this get pruned in 3 hours. unless your gonna put the work in and bumping it. ill help if I can, of course, but these pink wojacks threads and crypto threads are coming in way too fast.

Attached: first pepe.png (1152x648, 25K)

I guess that is a good thing, sooner or later they will either kill themselves or leave crypto behind and then we can have true peace

fuck yourself zoomer

what are youse guys best hustles for making an extra hundred dollars a week/month on the side?

anyone knows how to make some easy bucks with data scraping?

bumping should be a paid service

Maybe it could be? theres bound to be someone on the more popular chans willing fork up cash for keeping their thread alive

And then it comes down to becoming a paid shill

exactly!

Hey dude youngpoorfag is right. It's hard to keep these threads up with crypto shitting the bed. Thanks for making it though. How bad did things get in the discord? Wanna tell us what happened?

Probably only works for some people but I basically help friends and family with cleaning/random errands. Alternatively reselling on eBay high price items. I live in a nice area so a lot of antiques at yard sales here. Have you looked the dropbox? Ideas for side hustles are there.

Yeah, I used to do some yard work for my aunt that netted me a nice hundred a month, but she doesn't need me to do so in the winter, and after this winter she will be moving so I have been thinking about finding something to replace that income. I have checked the dropbox yeah, just thought I see if anybody had any ideas that weren't already int he dropbox.

Has anyone here made any money off of Etsy?

You forgot to post the previous thread "nigga"

So how does the vending machine game work? I just buy a machine, set it up somewhere and refill it once a month?

I'm thinking about buying cheap shit from Ali baba and reselling it in my city. Has anyone had experience with Alibaba??

>caring about peace
FUCKING FOCUS ON MAKING MONEY YA DOLT

Am I going to run into legal trouble operating a business out of my apartment?

I am planing on publishing books on kindle and per print on demand. It will be little like 50 - 100 pages. But i will publish many of them like i plan to publish 10 in german and the same books or little lectures in english.

Has anybody made expierience with this and can tell me when you get like a small money per month out of this. Like around 1000€.

Advise on book marketing with facebook amazon and google is welcomed to.

Thanks frens

Look in OP:
>Self publishing Ebook (comprehensive guide:kindlepreneur.com/book-marketing-101/)

But I want to do this too in the future.
Pick a topic you are good in and write about it.

depends on the country
if you own it
if there a certain rules regarding your neighbours

It can be legal
but hardly if it is in a block with 100 other people and you will have customers moving in and out.
If it is just your office to work alone in peace, maybe.

Bump from page 4.

Bump

Anyone do mailers before? I am trying to target construction companies and I don't think that email blasts would generate as much as me just physically mailing them the product. I have talked to three larger companies already and they all said that my product is great and I should send it to others.

Any idea what I should expect from sending 1000 packages of stuff to people that I know need them?

Hoping to generate enough money from it to then also do emails to people across the country. Not sure if my product is required by law there or not though.

If 1% began ordering I think I would be happy but I am not sure what percentage of people just throw mail away from places they don't recognize.

any Jow Forums approved books?
I've read 4 hour work week, rich dad poor dad, millionaire fastalene. thinking about unscripted. currently reading how to get rich (dennis) it is super boring. also bought how to fail at almost everything and still win big.

Start with a simple bright colored envelope with a personal note asking if they're at all interested.

Something truly attention-grabbing. Then send them the sample of the product if they're interested.

This way you're disqualifying the large amount of people who'll just ignore your thing, and curating a list of people who are most likely to buy.

And it's cheaper than sending lumpy mail for a first blast.

Also don't forget to follow up ruthlessly. You want their business, make sure they know it.

can dropshipping still work in 2018/2019? me and my bro are planning on growing instagram and facebook page accounts , and then create droppshipping website based with that brand, good idea?

its dead fren

Yeah, I am basically just producing 1,000 of my product in a scaled down business card form with my contact info. The state just moved in and said that they have to have what I make and as far as I can tell they are all scrambling to find places to have them made. Some don't even know what they are looking for is called so that's why I moved to immediately sending product.

Good call on the note, I think I could send those out of state and use it to get a break on shipping cost for the ones with product nearby. I'll follow up after I do it and let you guys know how many new accounts came from it.

Dropshipping was a dead end for me and then because I already import and get end column pricing I tried handling the product myself and while the margins were better the sales were still shit. I made a lot more money thrifting and selling designer clothes & video games desu.

go ask they'll educate you

do something like what google flights did with scraped data then monetize that site

previous bread :

Attached: back.png (671x516, 63K)

I don't have a ton to add, but these threads don't get a lot of love and I want to keep lurking them.

Took an online course for a month on digital marketing, fizzled out of it, only takeaway I got from it is that you should get google adwords certified, basic seo/ppc whatever, put together a good resume and try to get your foot in the door for a digital marketing job. The prospect of online money is exciting because you assume there is an extremely vast array of ways you can syphon money from people. But it all just boils down to spam, affiliate links, youtube, blogs, dropshipping. Not really including freelance in that. When you genuinely do not believe you can make money with it, it's hard to dedicate time into learning it. Especially because a lot of it is just to push some type of product or "thing" that you have created.

Halfway through listening to "How to fail at almost everything and still win big" and he pushes the idea that you should have systems you follow for success, not goals. A lot of what he talks about sounds good, it's just you kind of have to already have a clue of what you are good at or think you can do before implementing them. I don't know exactly what qualifies a skill or thing I think I'd be good at, like you hear that stuff and try to dig in your mind back to childhood for hints or something and it all seems worthless.

TL:DR: Digital Marketing is extremely demoralizing and feels worthless when going from a 0 skillset NEET and trying to somehow have money drop in your paypal. The mindsets used for success is also worthless IF you have no clue in the first place what you are good/excel at, if anything.

Attached: 1542126344489.png (585x377, 417K)

Is it viable to sell pirated e-books on eBay or my country's equivalent?

Sounds like we got off on the wrong foot.

If you're looking at shitter-level shit, you're obviously going to see a lot of affiliate, shady, spammy stuff.

At the same time, there's many ways to have a clean business that is 100% legal, with happy customers, and no bullshit.

I very highly recommend getting Doberman Dan's "Just Sell The Damn Thing" book if you're looking for something which doesn't mess around. "DotCom Secrets" is also an excellent intro to the serious side of online business, and it touches on many things which are the difference between a spammy CPC affiliate 'business', and an actual business with a serious offering.

You say you're 0 skillset, but you write decently. You could run your posts through say, HemingwayApp or something, and start making dough writing content. It doesn't pay well, but it's definitely a step-up from not having any income.

Also by GOD, read Cardone's "Sell or be Sold", it'll change your life.

Thanks, I'll throw um in the text file list. The core skill, or product, any actual substance is what I have an issue with creating/understanding. Along with actually believing and having faith in it or myself (not to sound dramatic, you know probably know the feeling, learning basic concepts of skills needed for _____ business, reading on some website or course. In the back of your head "this is a complete waste of time, fluff, I have no clue how I personally can make money by learning this". Then also just being lazy for days/weeks, but then going "If I was meant/wanted to do it, wouldn't it excite and motivate me, or am I making excuses? Does anyone "like" anything? I don't think I'll ever have the discipline", etc. etc. more negative inner monologue (specifically it's what I consider realistic thoughts, along with confusion, but I suppose that is still negative)

Not to be a downer, at the very least me, and everyone else can cram pirated self help books into their head.

Attached: 1539822336838.jpg (886x960, 81K)

also
>Sounds like we got off on the wrong foot.
Wasn't me whoever you were talking to, I know some other dude mentioned that book in here. From watching hydewars

Yeah man I follow. There's a reason why self-righteous pricks live at the top of the pack, and why most direct response people are very straightforward and have oppressive feeling personalities; you don't get to the top with doubt.

Basically, just fucking start, do your best, see what happens.

Only thing to remember is, what people perceive, is what they'll react to - make sure you come across as confident.

Yeah, I meant it more in the metaphorical "the online moneymaking business" way.

What book is mentioned in hydewars?

How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big
by Scott Adams

I work retail at $30/hr but I want to move out of it. Been working retail for the last 18 months (21 yrs old) and I've saved up 33k.

I'm thinking of buying an Escape Room business for 25k in my city and seeing if I can build up a decent income from it. What's /entg/'s opinion on Escape Room businesses? Good first business?

little background info; my parents are both business owners and my goal is to own my own 6 figure business one day. Tried uni when I finished high school but didn't enjoy it or feel like it'll get me where I want.

Attached: Oxhorn.jpg (610x541, 45K)

Am interested in this as well.
Thought of getting some designs made in chinkland and selling them there, but i hear that chinks are professional scammers and jewelry is by far the most competitive industry to enter.

A shitload of people build sites with Youtube comment data.
Youtube themselves has noindex on their user comments. But if you crawl YT and scrape that data, then you can get the comments indexed on Google. It is low quality SEO, but who cares. It's millions (or billions) of pages for "free".
Example: marijuanalife.io/2018/04/15/macka-bs-medical-monday-turmeric-refix/

This one works for me youtube.com/watch?v=AGYFzAuhaAI
Especially in this abbreviated version
I've recommended it many times here on biz, so you might have seen it before

Everything almost always works, you just gotta do it right. You can make money building steam engines in 2018/2019.

Course literature is heavily policed, but sure you can do that. Get many eBay accounts though, 'cause you will be going through them like crazy: aspkin.com

Finally you fucks realized this faggot IRC knock off killed these threads. Kek. Only took like 20.

Anything You Want by Derek Sivers

Why.

Read it can be read in 1-2 hours. Read this before doing anything else. Don’t bother thanking me later, I won’t be here.

> Short sold 18 BCH near the top of the last pump
> Withdraw 1500 euros to the bank, this is equal to 2.5 months of expenses, but the expenses could be lower
> Now bought bach 23.1 BCH
> Still got a bit over 5000 TUSD

Now I want to devise a strategy for possible market movements. It's quite possible that altcoins bottomed out, as BCH deflated 95%. But BTC still may go down, and this time it couldn't pull the altcoins with it. There still room for BTC to deflate.

On the flip side, if it would return to the previous high of 650, that would be 15k USD worth of BCH.

So I am trying to find out entry points to max out my BCH position while keeping enough life roll, and I can cut expenses as low as 250 euros a month.

I thought every other thread was about shitcoins. Why shit down this one?

Is investing into metaphysical stuff (Tarot, Crystals, Wicca, Etc) worth it? I have zero connection to it personally, however i have the unfortunate insight into the culture and people who are into that sort of thing. I am leaning more towards an online start and if it picks up then a storefront investment with people able to rent kiosks/booths within the store, though preferably in a left-leaning college city in hopes that the shit i'd peddling will sell like hotcakes. Would i at least turn 2k gross based on that vague as fuck description?

Attached: 00939783.jpg (500x452, 33K)

What insights do you have? My friend did this in NYC and made $, generated leads online. Many people were open to readings via phone and email.

The exact mindsets of the people who engage and practice along with those who are curious, the fucking multitude of different branching practices, the inter-conflict between pretty much everyone who does readings or sales aka drama.

I thought the Scott Adams shit was satire. Sam Hyde is a weird ass nigga

Depends on your region, though it'd probably be successful if you watch your costs carefully and don't spend too much in rent or something. That said, there are a whole fucking lot of esoteric shops where I live, so watch out for any competition.

What is your general area or at least its archetype so i know to be aware of it? I would try like hell to avoid competition by promoting collaboration through the aforementioned vendor idea, events, festivals, etc. I don't have any personal connection either like a psychic or medium, whereas most shop owners usually are. I think that can work to my advantage if i approach them personally.

Also there is a far fetched idea of setting up on waterfront property next to a strong river/current and using a horizontal dam-like structure to generate electricity to cover most most if not all utility costs, probably retarded though.

Attached: Solid Broom.jpg (736x727, 66K)

Q for the affiliate anons:

Is it better to start with a few websites with quality content(self written or bought from agency) OR make a script that auto generates a ton of sites with pajeet tier content?

Make one authority site. The ones making it with shit filled seo sites have an edge they are not going to share with you that makes this possible. Myself included. Focus on one, then flip it. Do over and over.

Page 8 bump what are my doods up to today ?

Attached: 681B6FB9-CBCB-4BB3-8FF1-4CDBD59FA99B.jpg (680x521, 75K)

I' planning on buying a retirement home or an ambulant care service, since many owners in my region sell those businesses because of their own retirement.

I'm a head nurse in a hospital so I kind of know the industry?

What do you think? You can milk the money out many aging boomers.

Attached: meine-krankenversicherung-Pflegeversicherung-Rentner.jpg (450x300, 158K)

Sorry for the autistic mistakes
t. phoneposter

I was wondering the same, I know the countryside around my city pretty well and houses can go for cheap there. Would it be profitable to sell city-dwelling boomers houses and ambulant care services in exchange for their city properties ?

If you can make things under a pound or that could fit in a USPS padded envelope you'd be able to offer a wide array of products that could be relatively competitive on price.

I feel like glass blowers would do well on there.

Easier said than done. For example, a lot of sellers on Alibaba are actually middlemen that are simply brokering for factories/manufacturers and are adding their mark up because you see a low price and figure it's incredible.

If it's digital, consulting, remote you're probably fine. If you have people coming and going it'll be an issue since you're fully using it for commercial use. Your best bet is to talk to the landlord and probably consult a local lawyer involved in real estate.

I believe eBay is finally cracking down on that. Don't be ignorant, the large publishers are grouping up and going full force in combatting counterfeits.

If you're making $30 at a retail position I'd sure as hell like to know what you're doing unless you're a store general manager or in a country with inflated wages.

Escape rooms seem like a niche that's working out. My only question is what experience do you have with that kind of stuff and how much are you willing to flesh it out? You will absolutely at some point need a designer to keep rooms unique, probably a marketer to keep you relevant, and any other help with business functions unless you're confident you can handle operations, accounting, financial management etc.

It'd be cool to have an online moniker and generate leads to your site (or a third party service if you want to build your network on there). Probably high margins if you do it the remote way.

Find a system where you can incorporate both. Where your content is quality with good writing, pictures/videos (copy right compliant of course else get them cheeks spread with lawsuits) but one where you can grind out relevant content.

Wow this thread fucking sucks. Kek.

I do the following currently.
>Shopify/drop shipping
>Mobile apps
>Few SEO properties

I’ve done in the past
>email marketing
>seo
>ppc
>biz opp cpa/pps shit
>YouTube (before there was money in it, used it as a means of traffic gen)
>you name it p much anything black or white hat

My town seems to have a shift towards older people living in the area. I've had an idea of finding homes with good book value that are simply ugly (paint, shit lawn job, etc.) and cleaning them up and then renting them out to older folk who simply need a place to vegetate. Basically be super friendly to any families that want their parents living there and explain how I'm simply trying to keep rents consistent. Offer them a deal where if they choose to renew their rent that you'd cap your maximum increase to $50 a month for taxes, maintenance, etc and really explain that you'd only do it if taxes went up or something.

The cherry on top would be if you had an online store/ebay account. If they eventually pass away or do make a move to a retirement home you could offer them a service of cleaning their shit up for free and let them pick over their photos, memorabilia etc. It'd be huge to flip their furniture or whatever locally and I imagine their kids don't want to spend anymore time moving shit around.

You will need to ask whoever owns the place if you can put your machine there, pay them either rent or a part of the profits from your machine. You should test the waters and start out with a small machine. There's some vids on youtube that can help. But basically yeah you set it up and refill it.

Can someone post link to biz or entrepreneur discord for newfag?

Attached: 1526135605992.png (500x382, 57K)

I don't know it. But it might be in the archive, just find previous /entg/ threads or use warosu.org/biz search box for discord or .gg links.

here ya go kiddos
discord.gg4usKUGn

NO. Get that cancerous shit out of here. Just post in the god damn thread.

I agree.

give me valid reasons why you dont like the discord lmao

>discord.gg4usKUGn
Thanks, lad.

are you running the discord now?

nah, I'm not even sure who made it lol. I'm just not opposed it like the other dude.

The point is that every discussion made on the discord is not made on Jow Forums therefore not bumbing the thread and making it die.

If people don't see the thread, how are gonna participate?

yeah, that's true. but I wouldn't hate on the discord

It’s for Zoomers, isn’t archived, isn’t as easy to follow threads within threads and etc etc not to mention sucks the flow out of these threads. I’m out peace.

What's the point of making a daily general thread if you're just going to tell everyone to have a discussion on some other website?

well it seems alot of you have a general hate for entg on discord. Well then just stay on 4chin . i check it every hour to see the discussion.

For anyone in this thread that wants a business E-book, or any book in general, you can get them for free off of:
libgen.io
pdfdrive.com

Attached: 9688803_1.jpg (1000x1259, 119K)

which bizantines here program for fun?

Attached: __--.jpg (723x750, 218K)

Hey guys in the entrepreneurial spirit I just created a website for my hilarious videos. I think its pretty funny! Can't wait until people start sending me pics / and requests! Check it out:

(probably not safe for work, or when eating)

ultimatepoopvideos.tumblr.com/

btw im not indian, just in case anyone is wondering

Attached: avatar.png (174x120, 6K)

Hey you know that instagram crystal guy basically built up a ton of instagrams based on this type of stuff and started doing ads for related products like tarot cards, healing crystals, etc. He said he used the followliker bot and grew the pages into 10k plus a piece. You could build them up and sell them for profit or, feature products from stores and get paid.

Thanks dude

Did you buy it because of Sam ?

If anyone's interested in doing a collaborative dropshipping business project, start by joining the discord. This is firstly a learning project where you can implement whatever skill you have, or want to learn. If the dropshipping becomes profitable, then we can reinvest/share the profit after expenses. If it's successful, then you can copy the model we create and make your own business.

Some anons were having trouble with the discord link for some reason, but here's the permanent link, as well as the temporary:

discord.gg(slash)gTXuwU

discord.gg(slash)6mBdPwQ

I want to get started soon since we have a couple anons in here already, and a couple more interested.

If the discord doesn't work, then friend me:
SupDude#7565

Attached: goldboy.jpg (634x822, 170K)

here a CSS course I'm doing. i know some of you guys struggle with it , so do i. but this course is really solid. i actually feel excited to learn css now
cssgrid.io/

ay heres a heads up bro, udemy has a black friday sale, courses worth $199 are now $9.99, you could definitely find like a +10 hour CSS course on there

>i am not a paid udemy shill

Attached: [email protected] (850x391, 422K)

>I don't know exactly what qualifies a skill or thing I think I'd be good at
The thing that you are good at is the thing that you do as a hobby. The thing that you do even if nobody pays you for it. Whatever it is. That's your Thing. There are probably jobs around that thing, but you might have to think very hard if it's something like "I like playing videogames". But there is going to be something there that can make you money. If nothing else, you can write articles about your thing, and become a journalist.

I don't think enjoying passive entertainment or consumerism translates to anything. Writing is it's own separate hobby/skill, that isn't the thing you like itself, even if you wanted to say "well it's like talking about it". The prospect of writing about games or music on a wordpress blog or whatever is pointless and saturated. And again, it isn't the thing you like doing, then assuming you want money you have to learn digital/affiliate marketing which is the real job anyway.

When people say that it just sounds like "hey you've probably been programming for fun the last few years, intensive graphic design, or building artificial hearts that revive the dead, just monetize that ya dummy!"

I need money and I'm thinking about tutoring. I have literally no money to advertise with (currently), but I have a website and a dedicated phone number.
My issue is that I can't exactly figure out who to target.
One potential target audience is parents - I don't know how to reach them, though. My end goal for the business is to get into making content like books and courses.
Alternatively, I could go for the kids that want to do well (or enjoy it) and make blog posts / Youtube videos / courses / books for them (and post them on social media), but that seems a little tougher. I know Art of Problem Solving has done that pretty well, which gives me some hope. And I know how to advertise on social media a little better for kids than parents.
Anyone have an opinion on which route I should go first? Anyone know how I should advertise?

What subject

Alright Jow Forums I just made my first porn site and I'm trying to make money through ad revenue but I have low traffic at the moment, how do I increase the amount of traffic I can produce for my site other than advertising it on here?