Investing in firearms and related assets

Last thread was deleted because it didn't begin with a clear enough topic. Let's discuss long-term investing in firearms as a store of value/appreciating asset class.

Stay on topic and don't devolve into a bunch of brainlets arguing about gun violence or gun control being right or wrong. I think we can all agree that changes to laws are inevitable, so how can we maximize our returns with this in mind?

Here's my methodology:
>buying niche firearms with limited production
>currently cheap firearms that won't be cheap forever (like G3 style rifles)
>stockpiling popular ammunition calibers (9mm, .22LR, .223/5.56, .45 ACP, .380 ACP)
>stockpiling standard capacity magazines
>buying binary triggers, bump stocks, gat cranks, and other ROF increasing loophole devices that are targeted for bipartisan regulation
>buying numerous $30 Anderson/Aero/PSA stripped AR lowers
>first batch import surplus arms (currently Star BM pistols, some Yugoslavian CZ pistols, Swiss rifles)
>used Russian/Chinese mfg 'military style' AKs that are drying up after import restrictions imposed
>transferrable machine guns and auto-sears

What else should I add to this list? Pls don't delet jannies, this is definitely Jow Forums related.

Attached: H0019-L114900643.jpg (750x455, 77K)

Guns are in a bubble

Overpriced everywhere here in the US

Does anyone know where I can buy suppressors or other accessories for crypto on the internet. Preferably from a non US business.

>overpriced everywhere here in the US

Where are you seeing this? Maybe in-store gun shop pricing to increase margin, but private market/online is saturated with good deals.

What would someone say 10 years ago if you told them they would be able to buy an AR-15 for less than $400 in 2018? Meanwhile you could have picked up crates of imported AKs for less than $300 per rifle which are now selling for over $1000 each.

Suppressors are NFA items and most retailers of firearm related items will not ship internationally. Go through the legal channels as any arms deal using crypto is probably bad news.

this
unless shtf real hard prices will come down

I dont think theres any legal way to flip guns for meaningful profits.

Prices are going down on bargain barrel firearms with no collectable value. This is not really a "shtf investment" but it can be looked at that way. I'm hedging against future regulation not societal collapse.

Obviously I'm not purchasing with the express intention of reselling as a profit earning business. I'm simply buying collectable items which have the potential to appreciate in value over years/decades. One day I will get tired of owning certain collectable firearms or decide to pass them down, and I'd rather my collection be worth top-dollar.

Look to the people who registered tons of NFA class III machine guns in the late 70's and early 80's.

I am actually doing this (stockpiling guns and ammo) as a little hobby. Nice to see this thread on Jow Forums. Keep making them.

I stick to older S&W, colts, and things of this nature. If you're buying any gun buy a quality piece and take care of it, it will last a lifetime. My 2 ARs weren't bought as investments but the colt AR I have will definitely have more value attached to it because of the dancing pony on the side.

Are you kidding me? If anything prices are too low. There's some black friday deals that have almost complete AR-15s for 300.

Im gay

Attached: 20181119_180200.jpg (3129x1975, 3.06M)

To be fair a lot of the lower priced ARs aren't guns I'd stake my life on. Solid, enough I suppose, but for me personally if I'm (probably will never happen) going to absolutely be counting on it buy a solid setup (or just build one and really learn about the platform). Also learn to shoot iron sights properly and invest in good optics/sights when you do upgrade.

This...buy your tax stamp and pay you're blood money if you want a can. Or if you're really a rogue and handy at all you can make your own easily enough. Just saying

You a twink?

Jow Forums here. As far as regular firearms, I don't see much potential for prices increasing. Guns become more popular by the day with more and more buyers. Gen Z is already the generation with the most CC permits. Magazines, binary triggers, etc. are a bad investment imo because they are generally grandfathered in and aren't made transferable like some NFA items. AKs might not be a bad investment in the short term, but if sanctions are ever lifted, they'll become way less valuable overnight. I know a friend who invests in transferable NFA items. Things like auto-sears will retain their value as it's not likely that legislation restricting or loosening the restrictions. As such, they'll retain their value and only increase over time. Unlike stocks or crypto, you can also have a blast at a range. Only down side is that the ATF can completely fuck you if you were to start using pot, or something similar even if legal in your state.

Yeah, you should always spend the money on nicer parts, but the market is super saturated with cheap AR parts which lowers prices everywhere.

Nah faggot fuck off ill kill you

>illegally purchasing an NFA item.
Say goodbye to your dog and house.

Attached: 1542605276876.png (480x480, 244K)

>Overpriced everywhere here in the US
Glad all of the guns I own I purchased 10 years ago like my AR and Glock.

I agree when we're talking Olympic Arms or something like that. But you can get solid AR's for a decent price, too. Two that come to mind are Colt for quality, and some of Palmetto State Armory's stuff is good quality yet very inexpensive. I'd never buy optics or attachments if I were going for investment, though. People are particular about what they prefer and most are overpriced anyway.

>I agree when we're talking Olympic Arms or something like that.
I have an Olympic Arms AR and honestly it's better than the Bushmaster AR that I had before it. I've put 5,000 rounds through it in about 10 years and not a single misfire or jam. The real key to having an AR is using pmags, cleaning after every range visit, and not using junk ammo (like wolf).

Agree, if you're building one spend the money on the barrel and the trigger. As far as optics accessories I agree for resale it's a moot point, but for some people in this thread looking at buying for themselves stick to high quality stuff. Buy once cry once.

Then you don't want to actually buy firearms, but only display them with you as a foundation. Your main job is not buying them but finding people willing to store them with you, combine it with an auction platform and you might have a business