Now that mining is dead, what do you do with your mining hardware?

let's say hypothetically I have a few hundred high-end cpus/ram/gpus running 24/7 that can do anything, how do I make money with them now?

Attached: snifffffffsneffffffff.webm (1280x720, 2.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ibm-pool.iex.ec/d/Home/ibm-worker-pool?refresh=5s&orgId=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Make mining great again

how do

Attached: 1522105409593.png (207x243, 6K)

Idk play games on the highest graphic setting

Heat your house?

Attached: vdi-300x219.jpg (300x219, 10K)

>heater for each room
>plex server
>high end gaming pc
>mine with some of them

Sit on them for a year until the dust settles. Then sell them to gaymers.

Point it all at prohashing.com and churn out some Monero.

Find a 3d animation studio and offer to help be their rendering farm. High end rendering is intense (can take 30 minutes or more per frame) they need all the computing resources they can get.

Why dont they render in cloud?

does that exist? what is it called?

If you got 128gb (soon to be 256gb) of ram you can mine snowblossom its an coin with pow without gpu/cpu mining

The same reason mining isnt done on the cloud. Its not a service that caters to people looking to overclock a large number of CPUs for weeks at a time.

It's VPS

kek, Disney and Pixar don’t need user’s help. they have more than enough render farms to support themselves. they’re not going to risk leaking their IP to pinch pennies.

did it dead? what happened?

>Disney and Pixar is every 3d animation studio

Mining and Heating
cheaper than gas and oil, doesn't smell like an old wood oven or requires ten thousands to install a palette heater, and it is a nearly free lottery ticket generator. and on 70% it is not even loud

I use my hash power to predict weather patterns in mom's basement.

Attached: 1527540290645s.jpg (250x246, 9K)

Rent your computing power on iExec. IBM just joined.

fucking hell iexec is going to be huge. I just bought more.

you mean this absolute shit show? ibm-pool.iex.ec/d/Home/ibm-worker-pool?refresh=5s&orgId=2

That's literally a single fucking computer. 8 cores with 16gb ram. It's literally *a* machine that's not worth more than $2500. This is the announcement they had to pre-announce a week in advance?

Holy shit how absolutely retarded is this?

Sounds promising, is there a program I can just run and point a config somewhere or do I have to find random studios that want the extra processing?
Thanks, might mine this for a bit in the off-chance it becomes something in the next few years. Mining random unknown tokens as a lottery ticket and just eating my own costs is an unfavorable option but at least it's something
Hardware depreciation and electricity costs are higher than revenue, for me at least
Looking through the iExec marketplace it seems like there's no jobs?

so you need cheaper electricity

This, stupid faggots.

It's also all just coming from a centralized work server. This project has nothing to do with crypto other then they had an ICO and have a token

Yeah ideas for that would work for me too.

i think scale is the problem. not big enough to engineer the needed prices, too big to be the neet who will mine at a loss and hopes his parents don't notice the power bill.

maybe you have enough scale to get some more guys in a similar situation together.