Why do people do min wage/manual jobs?

Why don't they get skills and a comfy office job?

Attached: 1542743289731.jpg (1315x1176, 297K)

Because they were lazy obviously. Pieces of trash couldn't even apply to a good university.

I drive forklifts. I prefer it over data entry any day.

Attached: 1542503980334.gif (350x263, 705K)

Because I'm too fucking stupid to do college.

This. Human filth

Data entry is the most inhuman job ever. It rots you mind within months. Folks who have been doing it for years are unironically braindead. Better be asbestos welder at Backbreaking Inc. than that.

The manual labour part can often be because some people really just prefer a simple, physical job over something where you have to think and are under some kind of pressure or responsibility.
I guess it's kind of appealing in the same way the idea of being a farmer is appealing to some people. Having a job where it's just a physical thing that you do and there's not much else too it means lower mental stress.

Not really. Slightly skilled labor jobs like welding and driving vehicles is a lot more engaging then playing with numbers on a spreadsheet for hours.

I would much prefer working in infrastructure rollout (running cables, checking ducts, solving physical problems that block an end goal.)

>implying you choose to be a retail cuck
Fortunate people discussing low-salary jobs are like colorblind people discussing color.

Any job where you can step back and say "I did this" is better than an office job.

this 100%

Attached: 1542141550462.png (582x582, 332K)

>implying office jobs don't do anything

Can you explain me what you are doing ?

By "comfy office job" you're probably talking about grunt-tier pencil pushing. Anything above middle management where you're actually handling impactful shit is going to seriously suck out your soul and emotionally and mentally drain you while you bear the burden of a huge part of the company.

Fuck that. I'd rather I only think about the truck I'm driving and what's inside and staying awake. Maybe I'm only making $80k but it's a simple job and if I'm not called to work I can actually spend time with the kids and the wife.

Never said that. I would much prefer working with a small team building something (hardware or software (physical or design)) then do repetitive brain numbing work.

My forklift job doesn't require deep thought but it is a highly brain engaging job where I need to plan movements and stay alert constantly (causing you to stay engaged in your task.)

People who stay in minimum wage entry level jobs do for several reasons:

They're retards.
They're slackers.
They're illegals.
They're incompetent.

Pick one, or a couple.

I worked at a company once, where I made WAY more than the warehouse people did. I smoked back then, so I'd go outside and eat lunch and smoke with them. I'd listen to them complain about how little they made, how everything sucked, blah blah blah. And all of them were one of the above. They were losers. I tried giving them advice, but they spent more time making excuses than listening, so I gave up. Fuck 'em. Someone has to be the bottom of the pile, and most of them could barely get through life, why should they make $75k a year like me? I went to college, busted my ass, paid dues, to get that job. All of them could have gotten a better job, but complaining and wallowing in their self inflicted misery is easier. Not my fault you're 50 and lifting boxes for minimum wage.

Making money

Yeah, but I bet you don't get paid minimum wage to do it. We're talking the guys who sweep the floor after you drive past with a pallet of shit.

>all of them could of gotten a better job

Because some people are on the left side of the bellcurve.
That's just the nature of things.
We live in a society though where we import millions of low iq brown people to compete with the low iq people of our own society, and then after they have their wages compressed due to over supply of low skilled labour, after they are priced out of the housing market thanks to increased demand, after they have their schools, hospitals and social services overwhelmed and standards driven down, we tell them that if they don't like it they are racist and should just get better jobs.
Politicians have rejected their duty of care to the most vulnerable people in their own society.
We must physically remove the political eliete and the (((giant capitalists, media moguls and banking interests))) who control them.

Yeah I make more then $19 per hour. I'm also taking classes here and there to finish my bachelor's.

If your advice do not resonate with people, it's because they are shit and the good effect you think they have are the result of you living in a special purpose bubble where effects of failure aren't as severe.

You forgot one category
Former criminals.
If you've got something substantial on your criminal record you're gonna have a rough time getting most jobs that aren't total shit. So all the jackasses who have an assault or drug dealing charge or some shit on their record end up lifting boxes too.

LEARN EXCEL YOU FOOLS

Based and redpilled.

another warehouse worker checking in. better yet I work night shift.
>these comfy levels shouldn't be possible.

Attached: 1482622736463.png (1100x700, 803K)

Most of them could have. And the only reason they didn't was their excuses. I watched them look at want ads, and talk each other out of applying. Complete crab bucket mentality.

At that job, I used to get proofs delivered to me, from a printing company, to sign off on. Their driver was a total sweetheart, but he made at least 3 times what they did, driving a van - and he was a complete moron. Nicest guy ever, but he was dumb. He delivered some to me outside on a break once, and one of the losers asked him how much he made. Instead of going "Hey, if that guy can make that much, maybe I can?", they stood around and complained how bad that job must suck driving around all day, shit like that.

Crab bucket, 100%.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

Your idiocy and self-congratulatory lack of awareness

Yeah, felons are fucked - but they'd take a better job, if they could. These people, you could lead them by the hand to a better job and they'd find an excuse to not take it.

There are just people who are losers. And they love wallowing in misery.

I later worked at a company where a guy in a wheelchair was one of the top salespeople in the company. The guy got 3 degrees, because he likes to study, and he had periods where he couldn't work, because of his condition. He was typing with a pencil in his mouth when I left, because he loved to work, and succeed. This guy got dealt the shittiest hand in life, and still rose up.

But let's feel sorry for people who won't help themselves.

This. So many older black guys who are floor sweepers got arrested on drug charges. Honestly it's a sad effect of the drug war.

It's easy to forget the USA has the largest incarnated population in the world.

My father has a comp sci bachelor's. He drives trucks because he hated the office workplace. Ni became he "couldn't do it".

You are right about people's mentality, most just accept their position and become complacent. I guess I'm the only (half)black person around here that realizes genetics, environment, and conditioning are critical factors in human development.

>not because he couldn't do it

but driving is fun.

Oh, you must be a pajeet, mangling English like that. Nothing more pompous than a pjeet, who thinks the world owes him.

Fuck off, pajeet.

In some cultures, the consequence of failure outweigh that of success. Too risky to be made a social pariah if you fail, mocked relentlessly and hated for basically stating you're too good for your tribe.

It's terrible but real nonetheless.

Your dad is NOT who I'm talking about.

I make $38/hr in trades right now, which is more than most of my friends in office jobs. Why would I go to some shitty entry level office job making like $14-20/hr?

>Nothing more pompous than a pjeet, who thinks the world owes him.
>blatant projection, as seen in the pompous, self-congratulatory posts earlier
kys retard

Culture is most interesting in that regard. Just look at Japan and how the people (even the low labourers) understand that the serve a purpose for the national interest.

I thought I told you to fuck off, pajeet?

This was US, white workers.

They're just losers. People like that exist. I stopped feeling sorry for them when I realized the only reason they were miserable is they wanted to be miserable.

Based.

Attached: 1542874259986.png (689x473, 97K)

I’d blow my brains out if I had to stay in an office all day. I’d rather stay on the ambulance and get my daily dose of adrenaline.

Police officer here,
Even for 100,000$ I wouldn't change my life

So? You have reasoning ability of a mentally retarded dog, and you command the same amount of authority.
gtfo and kys

Im european. Did previously marketing, management and basic office jobs. Over years it got really boring, became anxious , back problems etc, now im in to painting houses and dry lining. Actually earn more than previously since im on my own, no company etc. and its really fun for me. I can choose my own time when i want to work and when i dont, do vacations whenever i want and choose how fast paist i work. Sooo yea idk im good in my case

It's not a choice. It's a result of not measuring IQ.

University is not needed, it's just an illusion to convince the plebs that the genetically higher iq should be allowed to lead. It also filters for agreeableness now, but that was from letting too many dumbos in

I'm a landscaper. I made fuck all but I'm only 19 so it's not to bad.
30 minutes of hard work then sit in the ute for 5-15 minutes driving to the next job checking out all the hot art hoes in town.

Not bad at all, considering I am basically getting paid to get Jow Forums

I used to be a fat pasty fuck and now I am muscular and tanned.

Except now even when I am not working when I walk past lawns I judge it to see if it needs mowing and what height to mow it on. And when I walk past a garden with weeds in it I feel the urge to pick them out.

>in town with gf.
>see weed in a driveway.
>pick it out randomly.
>mfw

Attached: 1536042653208.jpg (1199x568, 124K)

I know the type of people you're talking about.
They're the type who might go to college only to spend their entire time there slacking off and eventually dropping out. Building up a student debt for no reason and failing their course purely because they simply didn't even try to pass.
Then they go out and get a job and it's the same thing, they go for the easiest jobs and slack off as much as they can. They just do the bare minimum, if they ever do get a decent job they're only there briefly and then get fired for slacking off, thus eventually ending up in the dead end bottom rung jobs again simply because they can't be fucked to even try.
At the end of the day it can be traced back to a single factor. A complete and total lack of motivation, these people deep down don't even want to succeed, they're actually happy in their shit job (or I guess 'content' would be more accurate), they only complain because they want more money while slacking off just as much.

In the end, they have no motivation to do anything beyond the bare minimum to survive.

non-professional cope

I wanted to become a cop before I injured my knee snowboarding.

Should get into hardscaping. You make more money and it opens up a lot more potential for side jobs. If you can put in patio/walkways/retaining walls/etc along with redoing flower beds n shit you make a lot more money.

>t. did landscaping and brickwork for 3 years after graduating highschool

More like a freeing feeling of an accomplishment (even if is a slight one.)

How hard did you injured it?
Most of my collegues are in a bad shape.

THIS, so much this. I worked at a wal mart warehouse for 5 years while I was in college, and every non college student i worked with there who was older than me was simply lazy, lacked ambition, or was clearly too dumb to do anything else. I always told them they needed to learn valuable kills, they needed to learn how to invest, etc, it all falls on def ears. We have to except that some people will always be in the permanent underclass, they are not smart enough for anything else.

i don't like having to dress up, look a certain way, police my language, or make small talk and be excessively pleasant with others
probably have forgone at least 200k in wages so far because of this

Shut the fuck up weeb

Whoops that should say valuable skills, not kills, haha

Bruh, you work at Wal mart, they are just like you but with 30 years more. Stop coping

I don’t like having to “fit in” with a bunch of trashy thugs covered in tattoos with IQs lower than the room temperature.

This
>you will never know the feeling of fixing a 500k machine tool and putting it back to work
My morning accomplishment.

No, I worked at wal mart when i was in college, i finished my masters several years ago, re-read what i wrote, I have a semi comfy accounting job now, although the work can be as stressful as any other job ive had. Office jobs depend entirely on who you work with, they can be easy, or absolute hell.

Blue-collar cope is so hilarious. They act like they know... ANYTHING about the other side, but the reality is that nobody who knows better would waste a second of their life doing blue-collar work.

someone gotta do it so you can enjoy your life of luxury
thats just the order of balance

How do you fix a complete lack of motivation? Asking for a friend.

Attached: fLZV7kEhrSDWWWiBmcd18lbHobTSm4erQhq2Xyd8qOU.jpg (600x238, 15K)

Your life suck as much as theirs
The only difference is: they don't have stress about their job.
Stop coping seriously

Min wage job are for dumb people. Plain and simple.

I can't run more then a mile before it becomes evident and bothersome. :(

Attached: 1542408420759.gif (479x269, 1.78M)

That depends entirely on why the person lacks motivation.
It's really best to talk to a therapist about it, as there are various strategies that can be implemented to help you motivate yourself and change your mindset.
Barring that, try setting goals then working towards them, start with goals that rely only on your own input like exercising following a specific schedule and such. From there move to goals that involve other factors like applying for jobs ambitiously. Constantly tell yourself "I can do this, I will do this", literally say it to yourself, it will help psyche you up and keep you motivated.
Don't break schedule, breaking schedule is the bane of your motivation and your productivity.

What can I get with an AAS in Criminal Justice that's comfy and will support me living alone for the rest of my life in an apartment? Was thinking applying for the BLM since they have a lot of useless overpaid bureaucratic positions.

Not true at all, I have money, they don't, there is no coping for them, their lives are essentially over.

Lmao at morons comparing their jobs and calling others who do different jobs trash.

For thinking that you are better than anyone, you are trash yourself.

Nobody gives a fuck about your job or your degree. You just manage to cope as conformist NPC in a herd, that's all.

I used to work in an office before my current job (I'm process development engineer for microelectronics). I was doing quality management. It was awful.

I can understand anyone prefering a low manual job over a shitty desk job.

Working is for niggers. Jews don't work or they pretend to work while they have some underlings do the actual work and they're the richest ethnicity in the US.

freudian slip right, haha

I get 21 p/h to build cargo going on planes, basically driving around in a forklift picking pallets from the racks, I work around 3-5 hours on average and spend the rest on breaks or just chilling.
Much better than any office job, and most get paid less anyways.

I work in an office and it could be a lot worse. But the best job I ever had was delivering billiards tables right out of school. If the money wasn’t so shit I’d quit my office job and go back to doing that tomorrow.

Because most of the time its seen as an inbeetween until the reality hits you that the industry you want in at requires 3 years experience in a role that is the base level that you trained for.

Office job sucks.

In my case i was at 4/6 year of mech engineering and suddently my father got bedridden and my mother developed cancer, i got JUST in uni because i had no funds to cover both uni and my house and with no other qualification than high school diploma i was forced to work guarding warehouses at night to survive

>Nobody gives a fuck about your job or your degree
Whatever your personal opinions somewhere between 90 and 99 percent of people do

I work for state government. So my benefits are set in stone unless the gov goes bankrupt. 401k/pension/medical. Vacation/sick time. Can retire after 27 yrs w/full retirement. Which for me means I'll be 50 yrs old and "retired" A cool thing is that you can use your sick time as a means to cut down or increase your service time at time of retirement. Any Vac time you have they reimburse you at time of retirement.

My job is dirt simple, yet it also keeps me up and in shape (print shop worker). I make just under $27k a year. But the col is low and I live close so that $27k goes a long way. My real talent lies with computers/networking. I've got certs plus hands on exp with both. Reason I'm not in IT at the state is due to them outsourcing 90 % of it. So I'd have to toss all my benefits and the ability to retire early out the window.

> Need 3 years office experience to get an office job
> Can't get office experience without an office job
> Office jobs pay less than manual work (thanks, union!)
> Office politics due to higher percentage of women
> Moving all day, so you don't get fat
> Get to play whatever music I want

>a simple, physical job over something where you have to think and are under some kind of pressure or responsibility
Spoken like someone who's never worked for a living.
Constant pressure. Constant need to think. Big responsibility to not fuck up.

This. Office drones just type for 9 hours (not paid for your lunch hour, expected to work through it regardless) and go home, repeat the next day.
When you've actually done stuff, there's a sense of accomplishment.

Okay, so what DO you do all day?

>so I'd go outside and eat lunch and smoke with them
You were listening to smokers whining about being poor and unhealthy because they smoke.

>wake up to an alarm clock when it's still dark out
>spend hours of your day commuting uncompensated
>have to buy a bunch of "business casual" clothes and shoes or the boss yells at you
>chained at a cubicle for 8+ hours
>get paid shitmoney
>barely time to eat and sleep before repeating it the next day
WOW
>Folks who have been doing it for years are unironically braindead.
Typically. I listen to audiobooks all day so I'm actually increasing my intelligence. Most don't listen to anything, or if they do, it's just music. The ability to do this is the only benefit of this shitty job.
Most of my coworkers are absolutely braindead hyper-NPCs. They're actually fucking retarded, and they have those dead eyes where you know all their hopes and dreams have been long since shattered.
Every old guy I know who worked blue-collar suffered some sort of horrible life crippling injury. Office work may be shitty but it doesn't injure you.

Are you familiar with the story of Cortez and the burning of his own ships?

You put yourself in a situation where your only two options are to do or die. You'll find the motivation pretty damn quickly. You're just too comfortable in your mediocrity.

what job you have? Id love to listen to books all day and get paid for it

Because I work for $60/h as a carpenter and I love my job. I'm 26 and I never even finished middle school. Why the fuck would I want to get an office job where my body would rot away from a sedentary lifestyle?

I know, I worked for one summer doing data entry for a bank. I know the dead fish eyes of the ones who've done that too long.
I've also seen the eyes of those who stared into the human abyss answering customer complaints on phone for too long. There's no coming back from this, they all were on pills or alcohol.

Officecucking is worse for the mind than making missiles.

Wage cage feels comfy after building walls on a river banking.

sorry guys we are automating your jobs in our comfy desk jobs. agvs will make you pointless. soon even mcdonalds will be fully automated so you can't even flip burgers.

>automation
>"comfy desk job"
Heh

I bounced in and out of minimum wage jobs and waiting tables for my entire 20's. Didn't go to college, dropped out of high school to move in with my gf at the time. Moved into probably 4 or 5 gfs houses throughout my 20s. Didn't begin getting my shit together until 30. Don't regret my decisions at all.

Apparently AI is gonna put office workers out of business eventually.

All you white collar faggots are going to die off and work for people like me, with like 5 trades

>MAYBE I’m only making 80k

weird flex but ok

Look for any data entry tier job. Most accounting work is just data entry... If it wasn't for /lit/ reasons it would be shit. Luckily I can pirate all of the audiobooks and give myself a good education while wagecucking. It's like being paid to read books all day. Usually no one bothers me, I just do my work and drink free office tea.
It's still stressful and I want to get out of it eventually. I hate the commuting and the lack of personal time. It does have remote potential though, in five years I think it will be very common to do this remotely. I want to move where the cost of living is dirt cheap and collect these wages, the retire after like 5 years max. I had one offer for a remote job but the company was a flaming shitpile and it was only part time hours.
My coworkers are just hollow taxcattle. Definition of the lemming. They'll tell you the same exact story 5x a week and not realize. They're literally NPCs.

can you describe what a day for a data cuck is actually like? I understand that you entry data, but what kind of data? how is the interaction and overall environment? stress? is it repetitive? is it some sort of same type of data all the time? what does the company actually do

I'm a project scheduler and i ask myself this every day as i assign shitlip retards to paint walls and shit from my comfy desk while listening to podcasts and sipping on vanilla lattes

Min wage shitter here.
Am lazy, that's it.
Life got some hiccups with me and my brother getting several chronic illness and tumors.
My motivation got replaced with depression, I dropped out of college and just do the bare minimum now.

>come in, load computer
>data entry tasks for 8 fucking hours
>go home
Maybe twice a week my coworker needs to go over an error I made or teach me something new, maybe. Usually not. It's low stress but tedious. Personally I just allocate like 10% of my brainpower to doing it as a background task, and I listen to my audiobook or daydream.
Every company has this kind of work.