Yesterday, someone posted that we can lock the price of bitcoin (can't find the thread...

Yesterday, someone posted that we can lock the price of bitcoin (can't find the thread, the search is very hard to use here!)

Can someone elaborate on this? Is there some kind of guide?

I would like to lock mine at 20-25k during the next bullrun and this seems such a valuable trick but its hard to find information about it. Probably just a really nice secret normies still haven't found out :P

Attached: Ledger-Wallet-Now-Supports-8-New-Cryptocurrencies-And-Will-Add-More-On-First-Tuesday-Crypto.jpg (1200x630, 59K)

I locked in 300 LTC at $300 before Charlie dumped.. Super comfy

i locked in at 13k OP you need a trezor to do this and theres plenty of tutorials on youtube

Attached: 1517884010178.jpg (3024x4032, 2.98M)

You need based trezor for that. Comfy locked in my BTC at 6k.

you need to get tether integrated into your device and have it sent from an exchange

Locked in 2 btc at $19,000. /comfy/

its a meme

>I would like to lock mine at 20-25k during the next bullrun

Attached: 1533892538530.gif (250x250, 141K)

i used my time traveling machine, locked my linkies at 1000$ only had to time travel to december 31 2019.

And when you unlock it you can sell for that price?
To who?

Haha me too!

The people in my discord groups keep telling me that it is not a real thing and that I should "DYOR"!

Honestly it's frustrating! But I think our Anonymous friends here at 4channel can definitely provide some decent answers...!

Also, how do I turn on a trip?

you need to send to an exchange with orderbooks

Locking is pointless unless you have a good battery backup in case the power goes out. Get a few Anker batteries and daisy chain them.

how low iq do you have to be to fall for this

Yea I got my trezor a little late.. managed to lock in at 8k. Better than nothing I guess.

plenty of cunts up ITT looking for a right good crack in the knackers.

>how do I turn on a trip
LSD?

>Getting an adjustable rate Bitcoin price like a pleb

It's absorbed by the chain. Miners issue the equivalent of BTC based on settled blocks at the last lock. So literally 1 BTC can become 2 BTC during an unlock.

If you don't reauth your lock after a period of time miners keep the original amount. And since Ledgers are often lost, destroyed, or stolen it has been a good risk for miners to take.

Still holding my Bitcoin locked at 20k and ETH locked at 1300$. Feels goodman.
Crazy return for a little 80$ device.
you need to find a locksmith to safely unlock your coins. if you're an expert lockpick you should be able to unlock the coins safely. The locking mechanism is extra secure to make sure your coins hold value.
I prefer solar powered backups myself, but enough batteries should do the same trick.

Attached: 1508116026106.png (462x422, 140K)

What you guys are forgetting that if you lock, it will remain locked at the lower price during the bullrun too. Didn't read the fine print, didya.

>there are people on this board who fell for this meme

Attached: 1542466997677(1).jpg (1036x919, 190K)

Solar powered is a cool idea. I'm scared of living off grid tho because natural disasters could really fuck shit up. Probably not what you meant (solar and life off grid) but still. So many things conspire to take from you what is yours -- including dumb fucking rednecks that want to steal and buy meth.

beware locking your bitcoin is not reliable
I've heard of many people getting scammed when they lock in their bitcoin

it's a double edged sword.
I tried selling all my XRP for 3$. forgot they were locked to 50 cents during a dip and lost out on what should've been easy gains.
You live and learn.

lmao stay poor. ive been locked in since $20k

Everyone in this thread is gonna get JUST 'd hard. All my btc are locked at 1M

Its locked in a stable coin, then on specified market movement, it can autounlock or you can manually unlock.

I will buy a trezor thanks.

won't that take too long to unlock though?

Funny thing is most of you don't even know about pre-locking. I'm already pre-locked at 50k for the next run.

Attached: 1539810421464.jpg (600x600, 21K)

locked in my linkys at 1,000 desu

if you hack the ledgers bios you can forward the internal clock to 2020 when bitcoin is 5000000, and then lock it, reset the clock and boom... we're in lambo land

Accessing the admin settings should be done with caution. Theres a bug that hasn't been patched yet which can accidentally end up locking in at $0.001.

clearly you havent heard of the kernal stack underflow exploit that cause the lock in price to shift by three bits on occassion. for all you know, you could literally have accidentally locked in at $4k. get fucked

It's a Jow Forums le ebin trololo meme but it's literally possible.
Coinjar.com let's you "lock" BTC at certain prices, I assume as a workaround to try and duck "cashing out" legislation. Because they are holding your money anyway, and have large liquidity pools of fiat and BTC, this basically means they're just holding X amount of fiat in your name but calling it "locked BTC".
Still, it's a centralised wallet so use at your own risk.

Fuck off Dhileep.

You need a double layer lock, most people use a nano and trezor but i did it with to separate nano's and it work just fine. Double locking all the ALTS in the bear market comfy haha lol

FUD

It's pretty much this
In brainlet terms miners take your BTC at your locked price in hopes of you losing your trezor. If you never unlock, the miners just got your coins for free. If you 'sell' it's not for cash, your initial BTC investment will increase or decrease proportional to the change in the price of BTC. The price is a composite of gdax, poloniex and kraken.

It's pretty similar to an options contact on stocks. You basically bought puts on BTC in a sense. You're right there is not much info on it. Biz constantly fuds it/tries to hide the system to ensure they always have liquidity to lock/unlock as they please and redditors are too dumb to figure it out.

scam. do not trust this site. only way to lock in is w/ trezor afaik

die faggot

high IQ post.

Attached: 1514495272889.jpg (250x250, 18K)

you're aware there is a huge black market with locked in price selling right? I have locked in xxBTC at 12.000 and selling for 13.000 BM.

fucking retards what's the point of doing all this work when you can just use tether

next bull run?
Where do you see any signs of it ever making a bull run again?
its going back down to pennies on the dollar a few grand at a time.

Man it'd have been pretty decent sans the ":P"

at the black markets bitcoin is above ATH rigt now so not sure what your;re talking about. many people locked in near ATH.

>bitcoin
>ATH
What in the hell and how in the hell?

>tfw kobayashi locked in my mtgox gains at $10,800 USD
BASED TRUSTEE

Attached: kobayashi-on-the-right-kraken-ceo-left.jpg (600x450, 58K)

This

Wow, you are dreaming big

Hey OP send me a PM and I'll walk you through it. Don't listen to these assholes.

I accidentally locked in at $2,512 on the way up. Feels bad man

I accidentally did the gay lock hack so all my btc has been flagged as fagcoins and exchanges won't take them. Fuck

To whom. Also, my face is tired.