/smg/ - Stock Market General

squid edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 1542131524692.png (500x376, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2018/11/23/bank-of-america-sees-market-decline-next-year-there-is-now-an-alternative-to-stocks.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji1gLZPeVpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NVDA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Attached: chadSelfMadeManVsVirgin.png (2594x1344, 290K)

Who here /JUST'd/?

Attached: JUST'd.jpg (472x472, 69K)

>THIS. CANNOT. BE. HAPPENING.

ahhhhh, what a cozy half day. Too bad that only means half the profits for bears today but Red Monday will provide.

First for comeback

Attached: 1-flv_000958290.jpg (639x340, 42K)

I ruined my life

Attached: Wizard.gif (194x268, 27K)

you had me worried there, thinking you were JUST'd. Don't do that again please.

tell us who you are

I think that AI/AR (rel. tech) will increase, diversify and extend division of labor, and because of this it will increase jobs on long term. It might shoa some jobs in short term though. But that is just me.

Bear'd and red-marketed

c-could the bull come back?
cnbc.com/2018/11/23/bank-of-america-sees-market-decline-next-year-there-is-now-an-alternative-to-stocks.html
>Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Savita Subramanian says the S&P 500 will rise to 3,000 by the end of this year

Gonna aim fot retirement in 2050, how does 75% Vanguard S+P 500 and 25% BRK.B sound?

Fuck off

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

It sure can.

See pic relsted to see where we are at in terms of the collapse.

Attached: 1542949690522.png (1441x836, 190K)

What is your age? Can use a compound calculator to see how much you need to retire a millionaire.

Do take the cash or DRIP?

drip if you're tax advantaged.

quite a boring week. anyways, spy looken very neutral now

Attached: 1491404222268.jpg (2048x2048, 349K)

short Jow Forums
we had a good run

DRIP everything but my position in KO because its overweight.

I gamble to distract you from your own losing portfolio.

Attached: Nutbladder_Kaiji_S2_-_01_D721C8A7.mkv_snapshot_00.07_2011.04.06_15.00.25.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Which frens do you have coming over soon?

>KO overweight
no such thing divanon.

>4chanX just stopped working

I agree

Yeah I guess I could just work at a shitty job and just save up a ton. It's a shame that I'm limited in what I can do but whatever.

i work a 'shitty' job but im going to make it.

Im 24 and deliver pizza for about $3k a month after taxes/gas, and invest over 1k monthly. Usually i can buy upto $1500, my costs are 1500-2000 monthly. Even making very little money if you save efficiently and don't waste money on useless shit before and during retirement you dont need multi millions to retire, and you certainly dont need to work until 65+. I probably will never make much more than i do right now but ill still be done working well before 50, and currently are projected to be done at 41-42

I'm almost 30 though but whatever I guess.i doubt ill live until 65 tbdesu I dont even want too

Damn, you're a magician with money. I'm just hoping to be at a point where I'm investing a grand a month into, well, stocks, options gambles, guns, prepper shits and boomermetals.

what do the lines say

im too brainlet for that TA shit

check the url :^)

o fuggle

can I just switch a couple url's in Jow Forums x code to fix this?

Attached: 1481659393813.png (541x538, 437K)

When is Jow Forums X gonna update I hate using this interface. The other chans are too slow or too important to mention on cuckchan.

that's not the only change :^)

Attached: asdf.png (925x593, 41K)

What was the reason for 4channel work safe boards? Should definitely be under Jow Forums all of them - REVERT

is that you trump?

because Jow Forums was blocked by adlists.

kek that really is uncanny

Nobody wanted to advertise when the blue boards were lumped in with hentai and futa and shit.

are you an old granny or something and don't use adblock?

>he favors dividends over capital appreciation
>he wants to be taxed during the CURRENT YEAR.jpg at his regular income rate vs. the capital gains rate whenever he sells

why do you persist

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 45K)

I wanna make 600dollars a week.

>I wanna make 600 dollars a week
Don't we all?

Attached: wojakbar.jpg (980x645, 78K)

compounding interest in the form of dividend growth + DRIP

Yo, good lookin out with that DRIP pick. Bought in last Tuesday and it mooned today.

sell as long as you can

Attached: How+To+Sell+Your+Shares.jpg (1000x700, 159K)

Attached: aku no hana.jpg (800x800, 427K)

What the fuck is 4channel?

DRIP = dividend reinvestment plan

Attached: 1445726676327.png (640x480, 440K)

hiro wants advertising shekels, so he moved the blue boards to a different url

Attached: 1542044998257.gif (500x283, 1.81M)

THOUGHTS??? Bros seriously. Look at the peak we're on. Donny Two-Scoops is going to fucking wreck us.

Attached: outlook.png (2406x1040, 379K)

larger view. Look at this shit. 2019-2020 bloodbath incoming. normies are going to cry. this is going to destroy crypto as well. we are looking at a JUSTING that will make this year look like a tea party.

Attached: this one.png (2404x1042, 498K)

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I GET A (YOU) FROM THAT?

your new favorite website silly :)

you posted the wrong girl

what’s interest rates?
i keep hearing on the news that due to interest rates rising/falling the bonds/stocks are X or Y and etc

>what are interest rates
wew

> What are interest rates.
Tyranny.

its just stuff.
dont worry about it everything you hear on the news is a fucking shit

at their most basic, interest rates set the demand for cash.

as interest rates increase, yields on debt (i.e. bonds) increase. pre-existing bonds lose value, because they have yields that are lower than can be bought on the open market, or directly from the government.

equities like stocks lose value for several reasons. as interest rates increase, cash becomes more valuable, which inherently reduces stock prices. also, stock yields must rise to compete with bond and debt instrument yields, so the stock prices fall relative to stock dividend payments. also, companies dependent on cheap credit (that have poor debt ratings) suffer liquidity issues under an environment of rising rates.

as central banks like the federal reserve raise interest rates, they make money "more expensive," which is called quantitative tightening. vice versa, money becomes cheaper, quantitative easing.

how come btc-usd is 4k but btc-cad is 6k?

The question of interest rates and what they are would be so much more simpler without Government meddling. Gold Standard was really a 'price of liberty' in one sense..

>red boards aren't even in the navbar anymore
How do I short Gookmoot?

>4channel

gay as fuck

How do I short Jow Forums?

as far as I can tell (you)'s no longer exist on 4channel

gookmoot was a mistake

@ me and ill tell you

Please @ me too famalam

Attached: smg_force.png (630x382, 565K)

yea i once again got no (you) from that reply
>this is the future you chose

when will someone invent timetravel already?
the future just keeps on getting worse

Attached: (you).jpg (1204x680, 114K)

fucking nip shit gook nigger moot

FUCK YOU HIRO YOU BROKE IT

Attached: AnimuSad7.gif (500x281, 967K)

You listen to that guy. I've followed this chart all the way since Oct and made heaps. Ignore the dates but see the levels.

Look at Oil. World house prices. Interest rates and debt. The global economy isn't healthy. Plus a crash happens every 10 years without fail. PLUS demographics. Boomers are retired and dying.

Attached: 2333.jpg (787x385, 35K)

Real nice gravestone doji on the S&P500 daily today. Still waiting to see what happens when the October low is hit.

Now he will be able to have honest adds, it is good economically

Who is going to buy ad space on a dead website?

>implying anyone here has the will power to leave over a domain name change
ha

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 13K)

Someone please give me a (you) for research purposes.

Attached: 1509808860707.jpg (1024x576, 154K)

Buy DOG

(you)

Attached: land donut.jpg (1200x1043, 190K)

testing

Nothing yet

Attached: 1534448519710.jpg (710x473, 160K)

D U M P
U
M
P
E E T

youtube.com/watch?v=Ji1gLZPeVpU

D U M P
U
M
P
E E T

Yeah like this guy said.
I make just under 27k a year. But I have a pension + 401k + savings/brokerage (which I add to each month). My col is low. I live close to work. My car is paid for. (My wife's is to). The only debt is credit card (1k) and a house. Will I be a millionaire by the time I can retire from my job at age 50? Hell no. But I will be able to just kick back and just enjoy life. No having to work unless I just want to.

Key supports for S&P500 long term trend. October low at $2603 and February low at $2532. Highlighted in hot pink. Because. One of these has to hold. If both break it's going to be 2008 all over again and possibly worse.

Now there's no goddamned economic reason why those double bottoms shouldn't hold right now. Where is crisis? Where are the empty office buildings and waves of bankruptcies? Some of that stuff should have happened already.

Attached: SP500_231118.jpg (1817x899, 582K)

If the October and February lows both break, the yellow trend line is where the S&P is headed. And that ain't gonna be cool.

Attached: SP500Doomsday2019.jpg (1820x932, 573K)

Every time I read nick land I stroke out and orasgm

Attached: pipz7p649go01 (1).jpg (1200x758, 268K)

Donald will not fail, the economy is saved in T minus 7 days from NOW.

Attached: 1541564977624.jpg (1024x576, 258K)

whats the easiest way to short britian (because BREXIT)

puts on a british etf? whats some of the cheapest puts available against britian?

Attached: 1469335330594.jpg (1080x1080, 80K)

we never retested feb lows. Were heading right back down there, bouncing, then riding down to 2450.

can winter be over soon I fucking hate this shit.

Attached: santa_shot2.jpg (494x255, 42K)

Golden Bullerun confirmed for Monday

Attached: bull.jpg (1372x1952, 248K)

Short eur/gbp you lazy cuck

Agweed!

Attached: kundalini do not sexualize.jpg (713x1080, 158K)

>we never retested feb lows. Were heading right back down there, bouncing, then riding down to 2450.

Okay, why $2450 for the low?

Winter is the Holy season, use your suffering to purge your impurities.
>I unironically believe this

>implying technicals mean anything in the long term

support lines aren't what's going to determine how the market does, interest rates and trade with china is
technicals are useful for predicting fluctuations in the absence of news or other fundamental catalysts
in the long term, fundamentals are what actually causes the market to move in a certain direction

Attached: 1528156511249.png (695x723, 184K)

technicals are just a reflection of what's already happened, both in the short term and the long term

Attached: small iguana btfos roastie.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

based iguana