Guide to success from nothing

I started with a criminal record for petty narcotics pos and a 'computer tresspassing' record guaranteeing me unemployment almost everywhere except manual labor. I was also living in a SRO in the worst area you can ever imagine, had no money, huge debt and couldn't even finish university so washed out in the second year due to poverty.

STEP 1 - GET A FUCKING JOB

Any job will do. Some shitty manual labor position is great because then you also get some activity in so you aren't a fat bastard.

Easy jobs to get are landscaping (usually pays under the table cash), construction clean up, warehouse, or whatever you can find on your local Craigslist 'gigs' section. Alternatively there's the dreaded nightshift tech support. Look around for these on CL, or move to somewhere in your country where the jobs are. In Canada this means terribad mining and oilfiend work but it pays like $40/hr and there's nothing else to do up there, perfect for studying.

For me, I got a job at the post office and delivered mail, which meant I got off early and had lot's of time for school. Also consider institutions that will pay you to learn a trade, such as telephone companies and whatever else.

STEP 2 - START SAVING MONEY

Basic income budget rule is 70/20/10

70% of your money goes to rent, food, clothing, your essentials.
20% goes to short term savings, like buying a multi core box with 32G+ ram for compiling programs (we'll get to this later)
10% goes to long term savings, like hookers in Thailand, emergency savings if you're ever laid off, I dunno.

To accomplish this I simply log into online banking after I'm paid and just move 30% of the money out of my account to savings like clockwork to prevent me blowing it on bullshit and impulse garbage.

(1/4)

Attached: 1332.jpg (737x452, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/
ocw.mit.edu/courses/#electrical-engineering-and-computer-science
eecs.mit.edu/academics-admissions/undergraduate-programs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

STEP 3 - GET A CREDIT CARD BUT NEVER GO INTO DEBT

Use this card for everything like groceries, gas whatever. Always, ALWAYS pay off the entire amount at the end of the month. This builds your credit to god like levels. You will need this later when you launch your own startup and need funding.

STEP 4 - TAKE FREE ONLINE SCHOOL

khanacademy.org/ - retake Grade 11/12 math and make sure you're solid in algorithms and precalculus. They're only a few minute long lectures that's all you need. Physics are also online.

ocw.mit.edu/courses/#electrical-engineering-and-computer-science Take some of these courses, follow a plan like the one's laid out for regular students: eecs.mit.edu/academics-admissions/undergraduate-programs

I took 6-3 and a few 6-2 courses, the one's I could do without needing physical access to a lab. You considerably shorten the time it takes to finish these courses from a regular student. I would get off work @ 2pm, make some food and stream a lecture while eating it. Afterwards I'd do the assigned work. Then I'd fuck around with whatever, and do another lecture. Then go hang out with my girl. I did this everyday M-Friday while working. Weekends I took off.

Regular university they split up classes 2x a week or 3x a week, you're doing it 2x a day and will blast through it in less than a few weeks, forget entire semesters. IF YOU DO THE WORK/LABS ASSIGNED, YOU WON'T FORGET THE MATERIAL.

Keep doing this and progress through the courses until you have basically given yourself an undergraduate degree in Eng/CompSci.

(2/4)

STEP 5 - BUILD A PORTFOLIO

Now you have the knowledge, prove it to people. Start a security blog/status.net and write about whatever 0-day hacks you found in the Android source code. Write about game theory, contribute to the Tor project, or just contract yourself out to build websites for clients.

In my case I would modify AOSP for security, build it with SEandroid and sold my own devices. This is where your multi core 32G+ Ram box comes in handy because building AOSP takes forever otherwise. I created ultra secure handsets and sold them on craigslist probably to drug dealers, but nevertheless no longer needed to do my old job anymore.

STEP 6 - EITHER GET A $70k+ ENTRY JOB CODING WITH YOUR PORTFOLIO AND SKILLZ, OR START YOUR OWN COMPANY

The problem with coding F/T for a startup is that they will overwork you to death to push out their release and often never pay any overtime or extra benefits. You also have to do fucking queer team bulding corporate society faggot tree. Possibly, MAYBE if the company is bought out you may see some share profits but unlikely. More likely they will buy the company, screw you and move the coding to India or Ireland or somewhere else leaving you unemployed. You'll also have to contribute serious time to some other guy's project so he can make millions. If you're going to work that much, be your own boss.

If you want to startup your own company this is where your platinum credit rating comes in handy. Nobody will turn you down for funding. Startup any bullshit cloud application or anything to do with the medical/heath industry such as adapting CryptDB to a product that can be used for medical offices or other sensitive data. Build it up and shop it for a takeover, you will sell your company quickly.

STEP ???? - PROFIT

Now you have money from your sold startup, saved money from all your work either bulding sites or whatever you decided to do, and a

(3/4)

platinum credit rating. You're ready to bankroll your own startup something you can truly 100% own and build from scratch however you want. Maybe you want to bankroll an open source project and don't care about the money because you already have enough from selling your last company. Maybe you want to design and build your own handsets and the operating system that they come with (because the AOSP kernel is fucking ridiculously huge and full of bugs)

Success!

FAQ:
- But I must have a piece of paper from a recognized University!
No coding or startup looking for partners gives a fuck about paper, they care about proof like portfolios and demonstrations. Moxie Marlinspike has zero post secondary and sold his mobile security project to Twitter for a shitload of money, and now even works for them on a contract basis. No paper.

- I want to be a doctor can I do it online for free?
Fuck no obviously. But you can take most of the required courses online for free then go apply directly into second year, once again showing them proof you know what you're doing through demonstration/auditing courses.

- Can I get some sort of certs for all this?
If you must, stanford university offers certs for their online courses. Can always pay for all those bullshit online security certs as well.

The business I started for myself (after I sold the other one) is awesome and I hardly have to work since most of it is automated. I don't do any 'team building events', I don't have to worry about release dealines and dealing with slipshod coworker code, I don't have to answer to anybody (even my customers I don't have to answer to, my software is sold as-is and there's never been any problems, esp no security problems from all the proper coding I learned from 6-3 courses) and the way I've set it up I don't even have to offer customer support since I built it correctly the first time so any idiot can use it.

No reason you can't do this too. Do you have 2 years to spare? Good 2go.

How much programming knowledge did you have before starting? 2 years seems really quick to go from nothing to operating a profitable tech business

nice try i did coding in college and learnign hard complex topics/subjects within coding and being stressed the fuck out 24/7 is not worth 60k when you can be a plumber, have 2 blonde kids with a loyal waifu and make 60-120k a year lozlzolzozl

Ever consider you actually have a high iq? Your steps didn't work for me

Slim to bupkis

Each to their own I guess...

Sounds like a personal problem desu

I have reported your thread for being a LARP

Good on you op, I can tell you're not like most of these other cucks. Once you're down below zero you should be hungry to survive and for success like nothing else. Not a depressed wojak. I've been there too but not as bad, and i've got a similar mindset. If you haven't already, you will make it.

You will never get ahead only saving 10%. Need to up it to 20% to 30% to even have a chance.

What online classes are you taking that a university will actually recognize and let you skip over courses?

What do you think I should build my portfolio up with?

Can you elaborate more on being bought out/ developing a successful company? What is the most efficient (safest but somewhat fast- under 10years) approach to be bought out for a few million?

>For me, I got a job at the post office and delivered mail

This is one of the worst jobs to get. You get treated like dirt.

OP the majority of new humans are lazy with maybe 10% of the motivation you have exhibited. You have planning and execution in your blood. You could make more money in the self help arena in my opinion. Create courses on how to make it in life from nothing.

Attached: United_States_one_dollar_bill_obverse.jpg (1200x523, 209K)

OP im an 18yo NEET. dropped out at 16 because of crypto gains and no am at $10,000.

If I follow this will I really make it? they say it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert at something. So i figure if i study 10 hours a day then by the time im 21 ill be at PhD level.

Question about selling the AOSP, SEandroid devices. How many devices where you selling a day? Did you REALLY make money from that or are you just saying it to fit with the rest of your story? How much were you making?

>Now you have money from your sold startup
also how do you go about finding people to sell your startup? I live in UK btw

bump OP where are you?

Thank you user, please keep going. I need this and will implement it.

ah u fucks you scared OP off

Come back op

Attached: 1536178578271.jpg (548x725, 313K)

OP, I am 28 years old, no degree. Would you still suggest me this path?

POSTING IN BEST THREAD IN BIZ THIS MONTH

Inspiring !

>STEP 4 - TAKE FREE ONLINE SCHOOL

I read until this post.
Crypto took everything from me.
Will I be able to make it?

OP has a criminal record. You guys automatically have an advantage.

I'M GOING TO MAKE IT.

YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT.

WE

ARE

GOING

TO

MAKE

IT