Didn’t buy a house for cheap in the past 7 years

>didn’t buy a house for cheap in the past 7 years
>choose to gamble on internet money instead

Why are millennials the worst/dumbest generation?

Attached: 0AB82E80-6490-41F0-B54C-6C708EFB2D74.png (575x1024, 1.42M)

houses are a bad investment. they match inflation that is about it. the fact that houses are getting more expensive over time shows that the dollar is losing purchasing power over time b/c of quantitative easing in other words the printing on money. btc and ltc are deflationary they will appreciate greater than a house over the course of years.

can't get a house mortgage on $100 user

>cheap houses
>for the past 3 years been at all time highs even higher than 2007
>10 years of historically unprecedented interest rates just starting to be lifted
enjoy it while it lasts, you know it's all coming down in short order no matter how hard you cope by comparing yourself to the absolute bottom of the barrel

>ltc
HEH, THE SILVER TO BTC'S GOLD

Attached: 1528340014330.png (380x349, 77K)

All my friends went to college, I dropped out and live with parents making close to minimum wage. Last year I dumped my savings into eth at $12 and then traded for btc, riding it up to ~$15k. Now I have a nice $90k (after making a few mistakes following Jow Forums advice) with zero debt and will likely turn that into 7 or 8 figures within 5 years. Going into debt for college so you can get a job to afford the interest on your house and car is the true meme.
TL;DR fuck you and nice b8 m8

>Cheap houses
>In the last 7 years
Good joke, plus buying houses with what money?

I thought it was because the country is flooded with immigrants and even the trailer trash won't live in like low income areas anymore

With Bitcoin you’ll be able to buy a house. You will only need 1 for a very nice sized house in an affluent neighborhood. Hold tight.

Except you are wrong, population has gone up 10x in the past 100 years and real estate in big cities have been far higher than inflation. You could’ve bought a giant mansion in London for about 100 ounces of gold back in the 18th century because population was so low and un dense. In big urban areas, real estate places have gone up at 2-3x the rate of inflation over the past 100 years

This is in the sims right?

If you bought bitcoin 7 years ago you are a multi millionaire. It's only the losers that bought in the last 12 months that lost (everyone on this board).

>buy house in 2011, pay for furnishing, interest, property tax, utilities, insurance, maintenance
>pray every day neighborhood doesn't get real dark real fast
>home price rose with inflation

>invest s&p 500 since 2011 and reinvest dividends
>162% return
man you are a genius OP

Attached: 1455401790885.jpg (245x255, 13K)

This image made me lose a 40 days no fap streak

fuck you OP

More like put down 140k for a 700k house in Santa Clara county, house is now 1.3 million, equity goes up from 140k to 800k, or a 7 fold increase due to leverage.

Imagine being this poor and stupid

>implying we want to buy boomer's bags

My parents will give me their house and I'm OK with that

The thing is, your net worth doesn't change when you buy a house. You still have that equity on the house, it's worth something. You pay for rent, and you're practically throwing money down the drain.

fuck dude you are so cool

Can you live in an S&P 500 index?

Dude job markets just dont allow for home ownership.
The best job markets are hcol areas.
The most common way millenials get raises is to leave jobs for higher paying ones.

Why the fuck would anyone hinder their ability to make/save more money by purchasing a home? Or worse, taking out a 30 year mortgage on a "starter home."

Because there are only 6-7 high income high COL areas. Seattle, SF Bay Area, LA, Chicago, Boston, NYC/Jersey and suburbs of DC. As Japan has shown, people cluster to big cities despite a shrinking population. Tokyo has grown by 50% in the past 20 years as the country side and small towns become empty.

Plant your roots in a promising big city and get yourself in the property ladder or forever regret it

>flooded with trailer trash
>immigrants won't live in low income areas anymore

Attached: 1541602322419.jpg (1463x1485, 507K)

>Living or working in a city
Disgusting

The government will eventually begin seizing property to house more Muslim rapefugees. They already do this in Sweden.

Some of us enjoy the finer things in life than Apple bees and McDonalds

Attached: 6182DBC4-E3B2-4E12-953D-45FB4F629F50.jpg (4032x3024, 1.63M)

jokes on you I bought my house 8 years ago.

t. millennial

No, but you can live in a spacious apartment from $500 starting in 2011, ending at about $800 in 2018, invest the down payment and savings, and never ever have to worry about the fucking water heater going down or mowing the lawn

>cherry pick THE hottest market in the country
>have $140k of 2011 dollars to dump into one house in the middle of a global recession
>happen to find bank willing to loan $560k to some guy during the same recession
>able to make PITI payments over $3000 per month again in the recession
>can cover any additional costs that come up
yep guess millennials are real dumb for not realizing this in 2011 when the oldest were in their mid 20's

Upkeep costs on houses alone are a giant money sink you will never see back, and then on top of that you get a mortgage and trapped in a specific location unless you can sell your shitty overpriced house that nobody will want to buy anyways.

Or on the flip side you could rent a place for a few hundred bucks a month and have all maintenance, lawn care, and upkeep taken care of. Then top that off with the ability to just move if you decide you no longer like the area or found a higher paying job somewhere else

lol wat. At nearly 31 I'm one of the elder "Millennial". I've been working since I was 17 and amassed about £80k in savings.

I now have enough money to buy nothing more than a shitty mid-terrace house "fixer upper", in a paki filled area, and that's after all those years of working and saving.

Now back 7 years ago when I was 23 and still building up savings, tell me exactly how I could have bought a house?

I started from £0, I'm not a fucking boomer, nor did I have a "small loan of a million dollars", I needed to earn my money first. By the time I've done that, house prices are now up 400%..

"You're serfs. You can't afford to own anything and, guess what, you'll never own anything."

-Steve Bannon, on Millennials

Just saw an article your country's homeless population is now over 300,000

i put a downpayments worth of $ into crypto 2013-2015 now i cant even fathom getting into a mortgage. The bank tries to get me into a loan every time i go in there when they see my balance. paying double or triple the market price of a house in interest over 30 years? no thanks.

source for they are already doing this in sweden? i know they make up like 10% of the population there now and are an overall drain on the economy. majority are unemployed and they are making babies and raping swedes at record rates. something like 75% of the reported rapes are done by muslim foreigners while only making up 10% of the population . thats a fucking huge deviation

This. What further facts do you need to realise everything is a scam.