/smg/ - Stock Market General

History Repeating youtube.com/watch?v=U4f0ocneHVs&t=131s

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous Thread(s): Seriously get your shit together

Attached: a3504604280_10.jpg (1200x1200, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=GE
portfoliovisualizer.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of the biggest events of the year is happening a week from now, how the fuck are you planning to play it?

Attached: 1540407428176.png (274x242, 37K)

i am fully divest from stocks, opened a short with 15x leverage on the spx and dji. about to go all in bitcoin with the fiat i took out. i believe bitcoin will break free of the down trend very soon possibly by end of year or month.

I would say thats a scary strat but I'm deep on chink options so I don't have the right.

have you ever noticed that splitting homogay generals only occur on boards rife with tripfags?

This was an attempt to re-merge rather than have two threads go dead for 3 hours before we could make a new one. But sadly I have not noticed cause I don't bother with other generals.
I'm gonna need a write up on these said instances. If you can draw a strong correlation between thread splitting and tripfagging I will drop mine forever.

Attached: 1541566480899.jpg (600x800, 110K)

which one is the real thread
I want to be in the anime thread and not the bearfag thread

Attached: snapshot20070922131548.jpg (704x396, 55K)

after I buy some Uber stock I plan on buying some Uber stock, eventually though, I'll buy some Uber stock

how much SSO and QLD does everybody own

I went with the Ultrapro package instead
Hoping to retire in 5 years instead of 15

Those threads are dead, just re-merge here.

What about Ubers competition? We could make a public transportation portfolio.

Attached: 7c8878fddde4fe829a3096c02f9c547c.jpg (1000x1305, 85K)

3x hasnt proven it can survive a recession so im simply holding the 2x ETFs for years

i really dont even mind if we go full bear right now, imagine -70% 2x ETFs.....recessions are great, its almost impossible to not be rich once we reach new all time highs afterwards

I take it back, upon researching I found the best way to invest in Lyft is to buy GE, Christ no.

mfw

Attached: 1542753069112.png (586x711, 161K)

I assume you know your shit about it, would trade war resolution give GE any kind of boost?

I don't know anything about it. I picked the worst performing stock made it my name and bought puts. Assuming everyone would think i'm long and would think i'm a worse trader than lci guy.

I still laugh when I see GEjak, even when I know you're loading up on puts.

I hope they randomly moon and some vibranium handed user makes it.
Won't happen but it'd make a great story.

How far out are those puts? If trade shit goes well December may get caught up in a pump that lifts even the worst stuff up a little.

exp in dec.

You know your trade much better than I do. But if you have substantial profits I would close this next week.

How is IQ doing? Are you going to make it out alive? Did you unironically buy thousands of dollars in calls?

I still own thousands of shares too. The next two weeks are do or die time.

Attached: CALL.png (679x218, 14K)

IQ literally has the bitcoin chart on 1Y. He isn't going to make it.
holy fuck man.

god dammit calc
why do you like IQ so much, cant you at least diverisfy into Netflix or QLD or something

Attached: goodbye (2).jpg (1080x1920, 268K)

Attached: goddamnit.png (824x1084, 121K)

>IQ literally has the bitcoin chart on 1Y. He isn't going to make it.
I thought amzn had the btc bubble chart but god IQ is further along. Good luck user i hope you make it.

If I make it out of this I'm back to being a careful boomer for a few years. Its bad for my health to be doing this shit.

Holy fuck man
Or at least BILI

im 3k in GE at 8.16 im riding this ship of the cliff and i know theres another user here about 4k at 16......... thank you for your prayers user

Attached: 1542495716526.png (500x600, 228K)

I literally have a vested interest against you - you aren't getting my prayers. Hedge with spreads if you're gonna be retarded.

no fuck Bili and their communist shrines
Just pretend china doesnt exist and join the FAANG GAANG

Well, I have a small stake in GE and also in BHGE. Waiting to see what happens before increasing my stake in both.

LMAO.

>stock market crashes because liquidity 404s
>he thinks fucking bitcoin is where everyone's gonna go for safety
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 0f1b60b3e747834fc7eeba5ec736ff16d01006205195fc44f06921250c0ae262.png (494x456, 307K)

I've consumed every ounce of news on IQ, BZUN, Baidu, the trade war, and China relations for nearly 6 months. I remain convinced a resolution or at minimum an armistice will occur in one week and I will come out unscathed. In the event I don't, guess I'm restarting.

Attached: 1522289555553.png (1052x542, 1.39M)

>Communist shrines
I forgot about that! Maximum kek. I'm planning on buying more Disney and Netflix for now
I'm scared for your life, user. Look at these stats
finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=GE

>all in IQ
BRAIN GANG BRAIN GANG
>fails, all in faang
FAANG GAANG FAANG GAANG
>crashes, all in spy shorts
BEAR GANG BEAR GANG
>recovers, golden bull run for 20 years
HANG GANG HANG GANG

the true Jow Forums way.

you're a god damn moron. Trump admin and Chinese are talking straight past each other and trump won't accept anything beyond China giving up it's industrial policy wholesale.

Why would you have at least bought KWEB instead? CG why have you done this

Attached: 1542824868100.jpg (500x606, 40K)

Because I'm not looking to break even, I'm looking for profit. Its stupid and degenerate I'm aware.

I pray for you.
Just don't an hero if things go wrong

Attached: 1542840058133.jpg (680x639, 58K)

i'm going to double my position when it drops below $7

I write in a dream journal. One hundred percent of my dreams since 2014 have had a professional wrestling reference. I want to dream about money and just money. How do i do this?

Attached: images (1).jpg (191x263, 8K)

its only 3k and its a long shot but il take it also iv had yet to go negative on a trade and this is not going to be my first

Attached: commrade jeb.jpg (750x910, 165K)

Hey guys, just incase this > bypassed your filters. Need someone to tell the mods

Attached: 4chan+mods+they+know+what+theyre+doinghttpsboards4chanorgbres432200347p432203712_404570_4183263.png (531x452, 4K)

honestly il prob go another 1k if it goes to 5

Attached: meh.jpg (540x703, 68K)

I had a dream last night that I went on a ski holiday but the town was taken over by nazi's and I was the only one who stood up to them.

it wont go that low because banks / analysts called $5. just like they called $40 amd.

gonna double down every dollar it breaks. i'll be into GE $15k if it drops to $5

>tfw even the retards who didn't fall for the crypto meme on biz are gonna an hero in the crash
feels good man

Attached: 10d3455c427ef2eb3f0d45f5f4166966ffffc1b27293b7133a3a72dc1c80b53c.jpg (960x960, 59K)

well i guess il see you at the bottom user

Attached: hopePEPE.gif (500x281, 1.66M)

since the other thread died.

what index funds should i dump about $1000 per paycheck ($2000 per month) into if it's just accumulating my bank account right now?

i'd rather not dick around with/risk individual stocks unless there's a good argument for doing so. my goal is to treat it like a bank account for the most part where i just deposit and forget.

NOBL

KO/DISNEY/AMZ/GE

SPY SPX VOO, honestly this is something you need to look into yourself if its a long term plan though user, it depends on your time tables and risk tolerance.

Attached: 1536005275470.png (750x1000, 241K)

buy any of:

QQQ, SPY, VOO

there is no equity based fund you can treat like a bank account, you need bonds for that. TGLMX is probably a good bet.

long $WWE, it's literally a sign from God himself.
We should have a thread dedicated to crazy dreams /smg/ has had.
We really should have a thread dedicated to crazy dreams /smg/ has had because now I want to know more.
based coke

Attached: buffet_sips.jpg (1910x1000, 206K)

I'm long DJ. Am I rekt?

what is the movie tonight

Attached: xti.gif (580x520, 21K)

Most likely. Better to be long DG.

Vtsax and no other.

Will Monday be Green or Red?

0xFF0000

user we are entering a bear market, please just keep it in your bank account for at least 6 months if not a couple years.

Is there a free website where I can put in a portfolio and compare its performance to SPY?

portfoliovisualizer.com/

i accept shares of QQQ or SPY as a tip

>not appreciating the best possible place to live.

if you're so confident we're entering a bear market, then keeping it in a bank account is the incorrect play. He should be buying puts and inverse etfs instead.

I do a mix;

VFORX - Retirement fund w/total market diversification.

Individual stocks;
KO
MS
Amazon
T
Dis
Fox
GE
BHGE
WEN
NRZ
Apple
Comcast
CFG
PCG
ARMN
WMT
SFM

Growth/Divs/spec plays plus diversification is the theme here. Nothing fancy but it works. As the year progresses I'll buy more shares in my positions depending on how well they do.

say that to me in the dream world and see what happens

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x576, 41K)

The overriding thing is that I didn't put in any amount that would really hurt me if I ended up losing it all. A lot of people fuck this up; they dump all there savings into the market. That means if they lose it all they are fucked or if they need money fast they're fucked as well.

"the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain liquid"
The oil price drop especially can prolong things, it's a battle between that anti-inflationary drive, and everything else threatening liquidity: the tight labor market, the strain on transportation, the trade war costs, ect.

ah, forgot to mention the big one: rising rates.

Attached: 1523214612162.gif (500x500, 217K)

I have a bunch of jan-june strangles on various things from tech and finance to consumer goods and pharma, and market indices/etfs too of course

The reasons I said not to put money in options or inverse ETFs is they are very volatile and he wants something to just throw money in and not worry about.

whoops forgot this guy

LGF A - Lions Gate; got them purely cause the chance of them getting bought out is very high. Plus having Voting rights is kinda cool. Also right now the price per share is cheap.

>we‘re entering a bear market
>don‘t buy puts because they‘re volatile
I think you need to stop giving investment advice altogether.

Reminder that the golden bullrun starts on monday
be there or be be square

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x810, 161K)

According to this my portfolio beat the S&P 500 over the last 10 years. It's put together with little research and my main approach is blue chips with strong brand recognition. The volatility these last two months made me feel uneasy but this result is reassuring.

This guy wants something like a bank account that will earn more interest, just because I give tailored advice per person doesnt mean I'm wrong.

Anyone know what is the best exchange for Lithuanians to use?
I have searched through several and most don't offer services in my country or provide no option, but to have a substantial amount of capital in the account to even trade.

The real question is how much interest he's actually looking for. The best savings accounts will get you 2%, you can get 2.5% with CD's, about 3.5% for high quality government bond mutual funds, and about 5% for a high quality corporate bond mutual fund. Each one gets more volatile in terms of price with the higher interest, however.

people can beat the market by a bit with a decent bit of work, but the problem is most people way overtrade and just FOMO into everything all year

Anyone else miss using Jow Forums x?

I had to pay $590 for fucking snow tires today so I don't die on our terrible roads. Long tire companies, they've got us by the balls.
>last 10 years
This is poor reasoning. Past returns do not represent future returns

Bili is a very good stock. the only problem is the fucking chink government that likes to fuck with their companies.

I plan to keep most of these for least 20 years; the VFORX till 2040. Long term is the only way really to get ahead. Unless you get lucky with a Pharma company that is (hello Armn). But your chances of hitting it big with Pharma startups is 50/50. Uber may be a close 2nd.

With interest rates set to rise this might be a good idea, getting into maybe either government bonds or business bonds probably bank bonds. But because interest rates are set to rise I would hold the cash for now, then when rates are higher, then I would put them into government bonds that cant be called.

what % of your portfolio is VFORX and then what % the rest individual equities combined? Are you predominantly picking your own portfolio or just have some on the side for fun?

An important qualifier is to make sure if you buy bank bonds only look to large banks. Smaller banks are set to suffer in the next crisis while the larger banks are more insulated due to the reserve requirements created after the 2008 crisis.

Rate and comment

Attached: PORTFYOLO.png (673x533, 49K)

i never heard of some of these, whats DRIP some ETF? XEL wut, X is Xerox? Gis VET wut? dont buy memes, you also need a ton of MSFT and V desu

VFORX is the largest. Followed by T and Armn. Most I picked due to the strength of the company (s) still being with us in 20+ yrs. A few I got just cause the potential payoff down the road due to mergers/growth is high.

Excel Energy is a big utility company. X is US Steel, the oldest listed stock on the US stock market.

I'd say right now my biggest gamble is in GE but it's not a large stake so if it all turns to shit oh well.

GE is going to fuck you in the ass lad
>X is Xerox
You have no idea what you're talking about and should give no one advice on anything

>dont buy memes
>hear people talking about DRIP
>look it up
>some oil shit, idk
>throw some money at it
>it spikes %11 yesterday
>turns out you guys were talking about Dividend Reinvestment Program
>now I'm extra retarded
>still going to make money tho

/shrug

This is essentially my long strategy for the coming years, just replace dollar tree with dollar general. I used dollar tree since DG only went public in like 2010.

Attached: long strat.png (1184x195, 21K)